Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1777 Views )

Iron D
2776th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sat 11 Aug 22:20post reply

I know it's supposed to be out, but I can't find the blasted thing anywhere. Last time I checked, Amazon didn't even have any copies.

I'm frothing at the mouth over the chance to finally own Fatal Fury 3. They just better release a SamSho Battle Archives over here...

Er.....

Replies:

Catalyst
282th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 00:55post reply

quote:
I know it's supposed to be out, but I can't find the blasted thing anywhere. Last time I checked, Amazon didn't even have any copies.

I'm frothing at the mouth over the chance to finally own Fatal Fury 3. They just better release a SamSho Battle Archives over here...

I'm actually having the same trouble too right now, i'll probably check again today. The only thing I've found when I went shopping is a double pack of art of fighting and ratchet and clank for 20 bucks I believe at Sam's club when I went for groceries. Would be nice if it was Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury together =/

Burning Ranger
1500th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 02:09post reply

quote:

According to the EBGames web site, it's not due out until next week. Usually, that's a pretty good indicator. Amazon, however, isn't that good of an indicator.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Ishmael
2907th Post

"Re(2):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 05:48post reply

Although I could not find a copy at any of the local game stores I called I was repeatedly asked if I wanted to reserve either Madden or Halo 3. It seems I need to get with the program.

Evenor
583th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 06:49post reply

quote:
Although I could not find a copy at any of the local game stores I called I was repeatedly asked if I wanted to reserve either Madden or Halo 3. It seems I need to get with the program.

I REALLY HATE THAT.

One time a gamestop employee basically told me I was a horrible person because I didn't reserve or care for Kingdom Hearts II.

Digitalboy
440th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 16:01post reply

The last time that I went to Gamestop was this past June. I went to purchase a Nintendo DS for my nephew. Each time the goon they had as an employee ask concerning a reservation for a new release, I simply cut them off by telling them, "No, don't care." It got to the point to where the manager told the employee "Just ring him up and get him the hell out." It was GREAT! Digitalboy: One, Gamestop: Zero
quote:

I REALLY HATE THAT.

One time a gamestop employee basically told me I was a horrible person because I didn't reserve or care for Kingdom Hearts II.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

EddyT
591th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 22:13post reply

Sorry to hijack the thread to another dimension, but yeah... I hated the constant hassling from EBGames/Gamestop back in the States. It's gotten so aggressive nowadays... I've never seen any employee from any type of store that will hassle you as bad as that. They're only a shade better than the guys who have those cell phone carts out at the mall.

I also wish that they would make a true Samurai battle archives... Samurai Shodown II has never been done on a non-NeoGeo home system in the proper way.

Professor
2400th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 23:21post reply

quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread to another dimension, but yeah... I hated the constant hassling from EBGames/Gamestop back in the States. It's gotten so aggressive nowadays... I've never seen any employee from any type of store that will hassle you as bad as that. They're only a shade better than the guys who have those cell phone carts out at the mall.

I also wish that they would make a true Samurai battle archives... Samurai Shodown II has never been done on a non-NeoGeo home system in the proper way.

Eddddddddyyyy, Are you in Japan already?

Wow, EB and GameStop must really be hungry.

Some stores can be really bad. I used to know a small shop that'd try to sell off their leftover Mac software to novice PC users, giving them a 50% discount. Only cash and no refunds of course.

Gojira
2203th Post

"Re(6):Got Fatal Fury Battle Archives?" , posted Sun 12 Aug 23:21post reply

In all fairness, occasionally they actually pay attention to what you're buying and ask if you want to reserve a similar game. Like for example I bought Phoenix Wright 2 and they asked me if I wanted to reserve the third one that comes out next month. It's a reasonable assumption and there's really nothing wrong with that.

The real problem is that Sony, EA and Microsoft are paying the big promo buckz for them to walk up to you and say "RESERVE MADDENZ! RESERVE HALOZ! HOW MANY CAN I PUT U DOWN 4 DUDE!" If they don't do that, it's breaking contract and they're fired. Some of them are even obnoxious on purpose because they're already pissed off about having to do it and they know you don't give a shit.

Ishmael
2913th Post

"Re(7):Got Fatal Fury? Yep" , posted Wed 22 Aug 23:45post reply

Who else has managed to snag a copy of the US release? From the little time I've spent with the comp it seems the games are still the same collection of slightly clunky, slightly crazy ideas that are entertaining for what they are. Playing the games puts me in mind of -of all things- the old Gamepro ratings sytem that included the ranking of "fun factor." Although every game in the set is a bit off in one way or another I still find that I really like playing the fool things. Having fun is the point in the end so I gues the games still managed to accomplish what they set out to do.

What I found odd about the release of this comp is that I had a hard time finding it for sale but every Blockbuster video store in my area had a copy for rent. Kudos to the person at SNKP who gets games into rental shops because they are doing a great job.

Hagen de Merak
959th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(8):Got Fatal Fury? Yep" , posted Thu 23 Aug 08:57post reply

quote:
Who else has managed to snag a copy of the US release? From the little time I've spent with the comp it seems the games are still the same collection of slightly clunky, slightly crazy ideas that are entertaining for what they are. Playing the games puts me in mind of -of all things- the old Gamepro ratings sytem that included the ranking of "fun factor." Although every game in the set is a bit off in one way or another I still find that I really like playing the fool things. Having fun is the point in the end so I gues the games still managed to accomplish what they set out to do.

What I found odd about the release of this comp is that I had a hard time finding it for sale but every Blockbuster video store in my area had a copy for rent. Kudos to the person at SNKP who gets games into rental shops because they are doing a great job.

I can't find it anywhere