Bite my shiny metal movie! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1507 Views )

Iron D
2774th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Bite my shiny metal movie!" , posted Wed 1 Aug 09:05:post reply

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/28/comic-con-futurama-panel-report/

Futurama is BACK, baby! I know there has to be some Futurama fans here. This is one of my all time favorite shows, and it looks like the first movie is right around the corner.

On a slightly related note, I loved The Simpsons movie, even though I was prepared to hate it. The commercials made the movie look like it was going to be more in the style of the more recent episodes, but instead it's very much like older episodes (in my opinion at least). This could be due to the fact that a lot of the jokes were homages to some of the more legendary gags from earlier episodes.

Spoiler (though kinda minor):

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Hah! The ambulance from "Bart the Daredevil" is still in Springfield Gorge! And I sure hope they didn't actually kill off Dr. Nick

End of Spoiler

Edit: you'll have to copy and paste the link. Making it a clickable link didn't work for some reason.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Wed 1 Aug 09:09]

Replies:

nobinobita
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Bite my shiny metal movie!" , posted Wed 1 Aug 09:37post reply

Dang, that's great news!

Futurama was my absolute favorite TV show when it was on. I was heartbroken when it was canceled. It's the only show to ever make me laugh as much and as consistently as classic Simpsons.

Hearing "futurama is back" is like hearing "Capcom is making a new 2-d fighter". Cept in this case they're making it with the classic crew.

Thanks for the info!

Gojira
2199th Post

"Re(2):Bite my shiny metal movie!" , posted Wed 1 Aug 10:44post reply

I didn't always like Futurama, but I can certainly admit it had its good points and memorable characters. So I do hope this turns out well.

As for the Simpsons movie, if it felt like earlier stuff it's probably because they got a lot of the earlier good writers back just to do the movie. I still need to see it, myself.

BTW since I don't think I mentioned it here, I got to visit one of the few Kwik-e-Mart 7-11s that got dressed up for the promotion. I stuck some random photos on my rarely-touched blog if you're interested.

Maou
1206th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Bite my shiny metal movie!" , posted Wed 1 Aug 14:30post reply

OH MAN

16 new eps.

Nixon's disembodied head says: "Knock yourselllllves ouuuuuuuuut!!!" I'm totally stoked.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Iron D
2774th Post

"Re(3):Bite my shiny metal movie!" , posted Wed 1 Aug 15:00post reply

quote:
I didn't always like Futurama, but I can certainly admit it had its good points and memorable characters. So I do hope this turns out well.

As for the Simpsons movie, if it felt like earlier stuff it's probably because they got a lot of the earlier good writers back just to do the movie. I still need to see it, myself.

BTW since I don't think I mentioned it here, I got to visit one of the few Kwik-e-Mart 7-11s that got dressed up for the promotion. I stuck some random photos on my rarely-touched blog if you're interested.

Checked the pics. Looks neat. I'm not sure where you live, but here in the southern California area we got cheaped. Some of the 7-11s have some Simpsons stuff, but none of them are completely Kwik-e-Marted out, though.

Er.....