Dr. Who -The Videogame - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1780 Views )

sfried
12th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Wed 1 Aug 06:28:post reply

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Let's hope it plays adventure-game-ish like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I wouldn't mind something like Zack & Wiki with some action segments (only when needed, of course).

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 1 Aug 06:30]

Replies:

exodus
3976th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Wed 1 Aug 07:56post reply

looks very much like it will be based on the card game...

sfried
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Wed 1 Aug 08:35post reply

quote:
looks very much like it will be based on the card game...

I thought it was announced <i>in</i> the card game? You know, like one of those insert adverts they put in <i>Magic</i>.

exodus
3977th Post

"Re(3):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Wed 1 Aug 13:04post reply

quote:

I thought it was announced <i>in</i> the card game? You know, like one of those insert adverts they put in <i>Magic</i>.

perhaps, but the other stuff in the article says it's going to be 'very true' to that card game's brand. sooooooo

crazymike
1357th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Thu 2 Aug 01:10post reply

I've never seen Dr. Who. From what i've read it seems interesting, but it is hard to jump into something when there is 30 years of TV episodes to go through.

I didn't get much into Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy the movie much either, probably because I know nothing about the millions of radio/tv shows and books.

mbisonhatclub
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Thu 2 Aug 01:15post reply

Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks
Daleks

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Ishmael
2898th Post

"Re(2):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Thu 2 Aug 01:39post reply

I'm sure some sort of good game could be made from Dr.Who but this one sounds like it's already on the wrong path. Can't any developer make a Dr.Who adventure game that features puzzle solving and/or lots of aimless wandering through gravel quarries and cardboard mazes?

quote:
I've never seen Dr. Who. From what i've read it seems interesting, but it is hard to jump into something when there is 30 years of TV episodes to go through.

I didn't get much into Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy the movie much either, probably because I know nothing about the millions of radio/tv shows and books.

While Dr.Who has been around forever and a day it is also a show designed for kids in which most of the plots follow the same basic forumla. I'm certain if you watched a crash course in the show that hit on a few of the choice adventures of the Doctor I doubt you would miss all that much in the decades worth of stuff you would end up skipping.

Red Falcon
5948th Post

"Re(3):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Sun 5 Aug 04:11post reply

quote:
I'm sure some sort of good game could be made from Dr.Who but this one sounds like it's already on the wrong path. Can't any developer make a Dr.Who adventure game that features puzzle solving and/or lots of aimless wandering through gravel quarries and cardboard mazes?

While Dr.Who has been around forever and a day it is also a show designed for kids in which most of the plots follow the same basic forumla. I'm certain if you watched a crash course in the show that hit on a few of the choice adventures of the Doctor I doubt you would miss all that much in the decades worth of stuff you would end up skipping.

Ahh, but some of the old stuff is the best! And gravel pits are Godly. Never has been a good DW game though, they're all garbage, and I'm sure this one will be the same.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Ishmael
2900th Post

"Re(4):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Sun 5 Aug 05:47post reply

quote:
Ahh, but some of the old stuff is the best! And gravel pits are Godly. Never has been a good DW game though, they're all garbage, and I'm sure this one will be the same.

Oh, I agree. The thread-bare charm and originality of the earlier years is the Doctor at his best. It's those later years where the series ran itself into the ground that could probably be avoided unless the viewer has a complitest streak.

Burning Ranger
1502th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Sun 12 Aug 02:15post reply

If this is a card game, can you combine cards from other card games? If I can't build my deck with Dr. Who/Col. Jack O'Neill/Batman/Kyo Kusanagi, then what's the point?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

dr baghead
3706th Post

"Re(2):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Sun 12 Aug 07:55post reply

quote:

It's actually very easy to jump into, I myself have only been watching for about 2 months but think it's great and don't find myself lost at all... think of it more like an American Comic book then a TV Soap Opera.

You don't need to have read EVERY Spider-man comic over the last 50 years to be able to hope right it, same with Doctor Who (or at least the newer episodes with Doctors 9 and 10 are like that... no clue if the series with Doctor's 1 through 8 had interlocking plots that if you missed a week you were screwed)

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Red Falcon
5954th Post

"Re(3):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Sun 12 Aug 13:40:post reply

quote:

You don't need to have read EVERY Spider-man comic over the last 50 years to be able to hope right it, same with Doctor Who (or at least the newer episodes with Doctors 9 and 10 are like that... no clue if the series with Doctor's 1 through 8 had interlocking plots that if you missed a week you were screwed)

It was a serial format (something I think it sorely lacks now, he resolves everything far too easily nowadays and most of the stories seem inconsequential, even the ones that WANT to feel epic) so it COULD be kind of difficult if you missed a week to keep following the current storyline. Of course, all of that isn't to say I dislike the new series, I've enjoyed some of it very much, I just feel it's inferior to the original in many ways. Here's to hoping we get the Ice Warriors in series four.
I'll watch pretty much anything from Who, although I have trouble watching Timelash and Twin Dilemma, and I hate Revenge of the Cybermen (although I will watch it anyway....)

Favourite stories: The Invasion, The Sea Devils, Inferno, The Silurians, The Krotons, uh... well, it'd keep going, I'd better stop there.

Edit: BTW, I highly recommend both Inferno and The Invasion if you're willing to shell out for the DVDs. None of the others are on DVD yet, just have the old VHS copies laying around.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sun 12 Aug 13:54]

sfried
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Fri 24 Aug 10:10:post reply

I wonder how Japan would've made this game...

Doki Doki Doctor Who! Touch the companions of the Doctor to see if they're...uh...one of those shapshifter aliens?

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 24 Aug 10:12]

Red Falcon
5955th Post

"Re(5):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Fri 24 Aug 13:35post reply

quote:

Doki Doki Doctor Who! Touch the companions of the Doctor to see if they're...uh...one of those shapshifter aliens?

Zygons. That would be... unpleasant. Harry Sullivan, garrrrrgh.

sfried
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Dr. Who -The Videogame" , posted Mon 27 Aug 04:36:post reply

quote:

Zygons. That would be... unpleasant. Harry Sullivan, garrrrrgh.

...and every female companion would be a loli.

And Jamie...let's not go there.

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 29 Aug 00:48]