Movies that would have turned to great vgs - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2228 Views )

Arngrim
279th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"Movies that would have turned to great vgs" , posted Fri 20 Jul 00:47post reply

Following the recent games trend and taking into account how boring are being today's last hours at my workplace, I present you a new simple game:

Name movies that would have turned out to be great videogames and viceversa.

E.g.:

Movie that would have turned into a great videogame: Kill Bill

Videogame that would have turned into a great movie: Killer7

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Replies:

Just a Person
940th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Movies that would have turned to great " , posted Fri 20 Jul 00:54post reply

Movie that would have turned into a great videogame: The NeverEnding Story (and Kill Bill as well, but you already said that one)

Videogame that would have turned into a great movie: God of War (I don't even like this game, but it does have a potential for movies)

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Red Falcon
5929th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Fri 20 Jul 01:10post reply

The Great Escape! And "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines". Or maybe I'm insane?

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World?

Best site EVER:Link Here

exodus
3964th Post

"Re(2):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Fri 20 Jul 01:35post reply

enter the dragon!

Ishmael
2882th Post

"Re(3):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Fri 20 Jul 03:30post reply

I always thought the Ghostbusters franchise would make for an interesting action/RPG. Perhaps it might work or perhaps not but at least it has the potential to be better than the previous lame games that have used that license.

As far as games into other media goes, Tron Bonne needs her own show.

dr baghead
3698th Post

"Re(1):Movies that would have turned to great " , posted Fri 20 Jul 04:16post reply

Movie that would have turned into a great videogame: Fight Club (yeah, i know there is a Fight Club game, but I mean someone could have made a badass GTA style Project Mayhem game w/ a Def-Jam style fighting game sub-quest using the license but instead we got crap.)

Videogame that would have turned into a great movie: Elite Beat Agents (I imagine it as being parody scenes of other movies wherein the character calls out for help, and then RANDOM DANCING!!!)

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

ecchi
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Fri 20 Jul 05:23post reply

Movie to videogame: Sin City. I wouldn't want GTA-esque free-roaming gameplay, but it's hard to not imagine it in such a way. Still, the visual style of the graphic novels could look spectacular cel-shaded (though the monochromatic color scheme may damage your opticals from extensive play...)

Videogame to movie: Justice Gakuen. The opening anime sequence really made me fantasize of an anime OVA, and if anyone has seen WanSanGo (Volcano High) then it's easy to see a live-action movie based on the game.

GAME OVER?? But I beat the game!

nobinobita
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Fri 20 Jul 07:56post reply

quote:
I always thought the Ghostbusters franchise would make for an interesting action/RPG.

http://www.bogleech.com/sega-ghostbusters.html

I don't remember it playing well, but i do remember it had some cool monsters. But then I'm a sucker for proper old school SD proportions (i refuse to use the word "chibis").

Amakusa
721th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Fri 20 Jul 11:39post reply

quote:

Movie: Apollo 13. Do it Maniac Mansion-style (or maybe Zack McKracken is more accurate).

Game: Bad Dudes.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

HAYATO
800th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Fri 20 Jul 23:36post reply

From movie to game:

Storm Riders could give birth to a great hack'n slash or even a decent vs fighting game...

I'd choose "Bloodsport" or "Kickboxer" to create some vs. fighting games and Tony Jaa's "Tom Yun Goong" for a new, classic style beat'em up pretty much like "Final Fight" or "Streets of Rage".

From game to movie :

Xenogears' plot would be the perfect choice to make a blockbuster space opera series a la "Babylon 5" or "Star Trek".

Warzard would be great for a Conan-like adventure film.

Oh, and "Pitfall, the Mayan Adventure" and "Earnest Evans" for some Quartermain/Indiana Jones-type flicks.

Mokona
421th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sat 21 Jul 00:23post reply

quote:
Movie to videogame: Sin City. I wouldn't want GTA-esque free-roaming gameplay, but it's hard to not imagine it in such a way. Still, the visual style of the graphic novels could look spectacular cel-shaded (though the monochromatic color scheme may damage your opticals from extensive play...)

Actually, I've read somewhere on Kotaku that there is a Sin City game in the works...

Ahh... found the link here.

Blah!

Ishmael
2885th Post

"Re(5):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sat 21 Jul 01:09post reply

quote:

http://www.bogleech.com/sega-ghostbusters.html

I don't remember it playing well, but i do remember it had some cool monsters. But then I'm a sucker for proper old school SD proportions (i refuse to use the word "chibis").

I always thought the term "super-deformed" nicely summed up the line between cute and grotesque that particular style of art strattles.

When you mentioned the play issues with the game it made me wonder; has there ever been a movie game that is really great?

Ikari Loona
197th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sat 21 Jul 08:52post reply

Movie to game: Kung Fu Hustle

Game to movie: ... tricky... the SNK fanboy in me says Fatal Fury, evenif it means compressing FF1, 3 and RB1 into a single plot, perhaps with hints to AoF and Garou; yet another part of me thinks of the LucasArts adventure games, but I think there are already Sam&Max short animations (and their not even game-spawned characters), and Pirates of the Caribeean makes it very very hard to bring Monkey Island to the big screen.
I just got a terrible mental picture of Rob Schneider playing Larry Laffer... >_<

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Toxico
4275th Post

"Re(7):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sat 21 Jul 10:33post reply

Movie to game -> The 13th floor: Parallel dimensions traveling can always have potential

Game to movie -> Rygar: and old school barbarian movie like any of the Conan saga would have been nice... It's almost hard to remember that once upon a time action movies have proper "movie atributes" instead of a bunch of random explosions for people to "whooaaaa" at.

Just a Person
941th Post

"Re(7):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sat 21 Jul 11:01post reply

quote:
yet another part of me thinks of the LucasArts adventure games, but I think there are already Sam&Max short animations (and their not even game-spawned characters), and Pirates of the Caribeean makes it very very hard to bring Monkey Island to the big screen.
I just got a terrible mental picture of Rob Schneider playing Larry Laffer... >_<

What about Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle? I guess the first game may generate an interesting movie, mixing horror and comedy (although most horror movies today are comical - but that's not intentional, I guess), and it wouldn't cost much to make it, I guess. The only problem is that the DotT movie would probably be quite more expensive...

Or both movies could be made in animation. DotT particularly is very "cartoony", so it would fit.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

GekigangerV
1396th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sat 21 Jul 11:20:post reply

Movie to game - Robocop in a GTA sandbox form. If done right it would be fun to drive around and shoot rapists in the balls and fight the occasional drug fueled giant robot. I know that there was a Robocop game just a few years ago, but that didn't look interesting.

Game to movie - As stupid as it may sound, Final Fight. I like B movies like "They Live" and I think this would will the niche. Get me Don 'The Predator' Fryeand a good choreographer and I would be set.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sat 21 Jul 11:21]

Arngrim
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sat 21 Jul 21:47post reply

It's nice to see this thread going on. So another one:

Movie to videogame: A Scanner Darkly (Linklater, 2006).

Videogame to movie: The Oneechanbara!

Oroch
968th Post

"Re(1):Movies that would have turned to great " , posted Sat 21 Jul 22:21post reply

quote:
Following the recent games trend and taking into account how boring are being today's last hours at my workplace, I present you a new simple game:

Name movies that would have turned out to be great videogames and viceversa.

E.g.:

Movie that would have turned into a great videogame: Ghost in the Shell
Videogame that would have turned into a great movie: Hitman Codename 47

hikarutilmitt
436th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sun 22 Jul 09:28post reply

Movie to game: The Transporter (I'd hate to see it as a GTA clone, but it fits it so well)

Game to movie: Beyond Good & Evil

Undead Fred
2907th Post

"Re(2):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sun 22 Jul 17:07post reply

quote:
The Great Escape!

Actually, that HAS been made into a game... I remembered reading an article about it years ago.

Sensenic
1576th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Sun 22 Jul 23:46post reply

quote:

Wish granted

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

Oroch
969th Post

"Re(3):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Mon 23 Jul 04:10post reply

quote:

Wish granted

dear god thats bad :(

Sensenic
1577th Post

"Re(4):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Mon 23 Jul 16:54post reply

quote:

Wish granted

dear god thats bad :(

Well, it is a video game movie after all...

Like the wind...

-A kid from Amélie.

Arngrim
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Mon 23 Jul 17:35post reply

And didn't Ghost in the Shell had a PSX adaptation as a 3D shooter?

I remember playing a demo.

Ikari Loona
198th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Mon 23 Jul 17:53post reply

quote:

I recall at least one article in a game mag about a GitS game where you controlled a Fuchikoma, I think.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

IkariDC
643th Post

"Re(7):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Tue 24 Jul 00:07post reply

quote:

I recall at least one article in a game mag about a GitS game where you controlled a Fuchikoma, I think.

How can you people overlook 3 GitS games?

Ghost in the Shell PSX
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PSP

The first one has a very nice cover and excelente anime cutscenes but the game wasn't very good.

The second one is actually very nice, although it could have been much better.

Haven't played the third one.

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Gojira
2192th Post

"Re(5):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Tue 24 Jul 03:56post reply

Movie-to-videogame: Crank

Sensenic
1578th Post

"Re(8):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Tue 24 Jul 06:20post reply

quote:

Well, technically these 2 aren't adaptations from the movie, so they wouldn't count...

Yay, pickyness! :p

Like the wind...

-A kid from Amélie.

IkariDC
644th Post

"Re(9):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Tue 24 Jul 15:31post reply

quote:

Yay, pickyness! :p

Ok, then scratch the PSX game as well, because it is not related to the movie at all.

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Arngrim
285th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(10):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Tue 24 Jul 19:21post reply

Ok, another round!

Movie to videogame: Big Fish (Burton, 2004)
Videogame to movie: Biko 3

Oroch
970th Post

"Re(8):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Tue 24 Jul 20:48post reply

quote:

How can you people overlook 3 GitS games?

Ghost in the Shell PSX

The first one has a very nice cover and excelente anime cutscenes but the game wasn't very good.

The second one is actually very nice, although it could have been much better.

Haven't played the third one.

ok ok my choices were totally wrong

movie -> game : chronicles of riddick, the second movie would make a perfect game.

game -> movie : wing commander, it would make a good space opera if it was fleshed out correctly.

ZamIAm
1649th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Wed 25 Jul 05:14post reply

quote:
game -> movie : wing commander, it would make a good space opera if it was fleshed out correctly.

I thought there was one.

Movie -> Game: Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow. That would have been awesome on today's hardware with a mix of flight shooting and adventure/RPG sequences.

Game -> Movie: Burning Rangers. The anime sequences within show the makings of a decent story. Add some extra flashbacks and such and it would be great.

ZamIAm
1650th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(10):Movies that would have turned to great" , posted Wed 25 Jul 05:29post reply

quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Commander_%28film%29