Guilty Gear 2 overture? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (10377 Views )

Catalyst
260th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 15:04post reply

Recently I happened to stumble over a magazine scan over this game i'm not sure if anyone has heard the news on this game nor i'm not sure of the rules of posting Japanese magazine scans on this board. I'll post it if allowed I just remember lurking a long while back and scans were not supposed to be post to my memory.

Has anyone happened to know anything of this by any chance?

Replies:

Gojira
2187th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 15:24post reply

All I can say is that I can't wait to see the fan reaction!

Nate
889th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 15:31post reply

quote:
Recently I happened to stumble over a magazine scan over this game i'm not sure if anyone has heard the news on this game nor i'm not sure of the rules of posting Japanese magazine scans on this board. I'll post it if allowed I just remember lurking a long while back and scans were not supposed to be post to my memory.

Has anyone happened to know anything of this by any chance?

It's...a 3d action game?

ISHIWATARIIII!

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Catalyst
263th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 15:35:post reply

Edit: guess we could post it after all! Thanks for the clarification nate!

[this message was edited by Catalyst on Wed 18 Jul 15:41]

Recap
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 19:53post reply

So another classic series turned into shit to please Northamerican audiences. Gotta love it.

The scans confirm that Sammy / Sega has no longer GG's IPs, by the way.

Time Mage
2582th Post

"Re(3):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 21:15:post reply

quote:
So another classic series turned into shit to please Northamerican audiences. Gotta love it.

Because, of course, anything 3D is automatically shit AND made to please the North American audiences. That's very narrow minded.

I will judge it when I see better scans, videos, and can get an informed opinion about how it is played, thanks.

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Waaay~~ (Milky Waaaay)

[this message was edited by Time Mage on Wed 18 Jul 21:17]

Recap
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 21:36post reply

quote:

Because, of course, anything 3D is automatically shit AND made to please the North American audiences. That's very narrow minded.

Anything which defined 2D graphics for a whole generation (and was defined by them too), which belongs to a strictly 2D-mechanics genre and which jumps to X-Box 360 is of course.

You're welcome.

Arngrim
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 18 Jul 21:52post reply

I agree on the fact that GG2 Ouverture becoming a 3D beat'em up is indeed bad news.

As narrow minded as it can be guessed to be, its undenyable that GG fans had all hopes on a 2D fighting game which updates the genre like GGX did.

Furthermore, there is increasing evidence that 3D beat'em ups have a warmer reception by American audience that 2D fighting games have.

So the previous statement made sense.

However, it can turn out to be an excellent game. As it being said, more info is needed to conclude the results. Nevertheless, it's logical that GG fans feel betrayed in a sense.

In my opinion, I frankly feel disappointed.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Juan
4412th Post

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 00:20post reply

quote:
You're welcome.

Can't wait for the sliced quotes and illegible, yet surprisingly sassy posts!
SKELETONS CLACKETY CLACK

think well your answer

Recap
103th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 00:43post reply

Cool, because I couldn't wait for the first buffoon to make appearance. Let's have yet another thread of furious fun.

HAYATO
793th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 01:16post reply

quote:

Anything which defined 2D graphics for a whole generation (and was defined by them too), which belongs to a strictly 2D-mechanics genre and which jumps to X-Box 360 is of course.

You're welcome.

Well, the same could be said about KOF, and the MI series didn't turn so bad in the end (in terms of playability, MI was clearly superior IMO). I feel quite dissapointed as well, but I guess we should wait and see. Perhaps this GG will end being so innovative in the 3-D fighting games universe as GGX was in the 2-D one...

Recap
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 01:28post reply

quote:

Well, the same could be said about KOF,

I don't believe that you can exactly say "the same" about KOF, but I indeed think of MI as another insulting byproduct released with the US market in mind. Anyhow, that's kind of a spin-off to the series. This GG has a "2" in its title.

Ishmael
2880th Post

"Re(6):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 01:41post reply

quote:
You're welcome.

Can't wait for the sliced quotes and illegible, yet surprisingly sassy posts!
SKELETONS CLACKETY CLACK

Interesting to see GG go back to its prototype 3D roots. Then again, since no one associated with the main series has any idea what to do with it other than release variations on X2 something entirely different isn't that surprising. I have no idea how this new game will play but even at this point I feel safe in predicting that it will still be more fun than Isuka.

As a side note, what is the deal with the outfit on Ky/Sin or whomever that clown is supposed to be?

HAYATO
795th Post

"Re(7):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 01:53post reply

quote:

Well, the same could be said about KOF,

I don't believe that you can exactly say "the same" about KOF, but I indeed think of MI as another insulting byproduct released with the US market in mind. Anyhow, that's kind of a spin-off to the series. This GG has a "2" in its title.

Well, it can certainly be so, but I had more fun playing KOF:MI about 2 hours than I ever had with all the bunch of Dudikoffs that came after '99... At least KOF:MI tries to offer something new, it doesn't rehash the same sprites and gameplay of half a decade ago. To me, Playmore games were the true byproducts, but I understand that such a 2-D gaming fan like you may think otherwise.

I also love 2D gaming, but I don't let my passion blind me. In fact, I'm more excited about this game than, for instance, about Crapcom's "Basara Cross".

¿And what do you mean with that remark about the numbering of the title? ¿Are you trying to suggest that a solid storyline is still important? As if anyone cared about storylines in a fighting game nowadays...

And for "Anyone" I mean casual gamers, not obsessed geeks like us, those people out there who represet about 80% of the gaming population.

Recap
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:16:post reply

quote:

I also love 2D gaming, but I don't let my passion blind me. In fact, I'm more excited about this game than, for instance, about Crapcom's "Basara Cross".

"Passions" apart, my ultimate point is (and always was) that 2D videogame art is dying. And getting more excited about a title which totally ignores its 2D roots for making some good US $ instead of doing it about one of the very few games in our days which wants to preserve 2D art, serves to the make that which you "also love" die faster.

quote:
¿And what do you mean with that remark about the numbering of the title? ¿Are you trying to suggest that a solid storyline is still important? As if anyone cared about storylines in a fighting game nowadays...

I don't care about storylines even in RPGs...! I meant of course that the "2" implies that this is the new direction ASW wants for the franchise.

Also, how's it that MI is not a "Playmore game" to you?

[this message was edited by Recap on Thu 19 Jul 02:24]

exodus
3951th Post

"Re(3):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:24post reply

quote:

hmm, I didn't like Guilty Gear that much to begin with, so it doesn't bother me!

Time Mage
2582th Post

"Re(9):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:25post reply

Oh, I forgot of one thing, that I think hasn't been mentioned in this thread: This GG2 is supposed to be a Hack n'Slash game a la DMC, so making it 3D seems natural. If this was a direct continuation of the GG fighting series, I would prefer it in 2D, but on the other hand, I wouldn't label it as "shit" either without trying it.

Recap
107th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:25:post reply

quote:
hmm, I didn't like Guilty Gear that much to begin with, so it doesn't bother me!

You Northamerican will burn in hell.

[this message was edited by Recap on Thu 19 Jul 02:26]

exodus
3952th Post

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:32post reply

quote:

We'll take spain with us first!

Maou
1193th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:32post reply

quote:

Ghaha so much for the US-Europe detente!

Juan's Skeletons is a surprisingly good movie...nice n' edgy for an early US cartoon.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Arngrim
273th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:52post reply

quote:

We'll take spain with us first!

We should better sort this out with some drinks.

Ehem.

I care for storyline, so I guess that I'm a geek. Honestly, one of the best points of the GG saga was the depth of the story. Elements like the Gears, the Outrage weapons or the The Shuusen Kanrikyoku have given the story a lot of interest.

Taking into account the 'Ouverture' part of the title and the fact that Sol does not carry his trademark Fire Seal and outfit, I assume we'll be dealing with the Holy War story (in a Dynasty Warriors fashion, maybe?).

SO THAT MEANS NO BRIDGET, YOU SHOTACONS.

Red Falcon
5921th Post

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 02:56:post reply

GG was originally supposed to be 3D (go look for shots of the early version, back when May had an axe and such), and Ishiwatari has repeatedly said he intends to have it switch over to 3D totally at some point. I don't believe the MI series is designed exclusively with the U.S. market in mind, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to make it in to an acceptable arcade franchise, considering arcades are largely ignored, if not dead in the U.S. They're really trying to get the Japanese fighting gamer's attention again, like in the "good old days" when KOF was the big game to play. Who knows if it will work or not.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Thu 19 Jul 02:59]

Spoon
1405th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(10):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 03:13post reply

GG 2: Overture

What I wonder is what the followups to it will be.

It's silly to say that a company shouldn't be allowed to make spin-off properties using their own IPs.

Seeing as how I know nothing about this game beyond the pictures in the magazine scan, I'm going to say that Arc is going to completely reinvent 3D fighting, and that it will be emulated by competitors for years.

Red Falcon
5921th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 03:15post reply

quote:

Good point, that heavily implies it's a prequel to something.

Time Mage
2583th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 03:34post reply

quote:

Good point, that heavily implies it's a prequel to something.

GG2, the fighting game, perhaps? :)

exodus
3953th Post

"Re(7):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 03:47post reply

quote:

no way, recap and I are going to fight it out in the streets!

exodus
3954th Post

"Re(6):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 03:51post reply

quote:
GG was originally supposed to be 3D (go look for shots of the early version, back when May had an axe and such)

I can't find shots of this...know where I can get them?

Red Falcon
5922th Post

"Re(7):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 04:05post reply

quote:

I can't find shots of this...know where I can get them?

Wait until I get home, I'll post them up here later.

exodus
3956th Post

"Re(8):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 04:22post reply

quote:

excellent, thanks.

Catalyst
263th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 04:27post reply

quote:

no way, recap and I are going to fight it out in the streets!

Man did I come back to the model UN or what! I vouch for drinks cause in the end were all stupid to know what is going on in the end but on topic.

quote:

I care for storyline, so I guess that I'm a geek. Honestly, one of the best points of the GG saga was the depth of the story. Elements like the Gears, the Outrage weapons or the The Shuusen Kanrikyoku have given the story a lot of interest.

When I first heard GG2: overture was being made after seeing that screencap of that magazine, I felt the exact same way. Apparently to my understanding, the story behind GG is actually supposed to be pretty deep outside of the fighting game and possibly Ishiwatari wants to put out on that frankly to let fans follow and understand and go deeper into the game.

Now with Recap, that is all fine with him if he claims the game will go to the crapshooter. If it does? Okay so what? Did the earth freeze over? I just don't get where this whole U.S. market thing is coming into mind. It sounds like a weak argument if that. What says Ishiwatari doesn't have that right to make whatever he wants?

Though I do see the feeling where devoted fighting game players see it as a "betrayer" to go suddenly hack and slash if thats what GG2 is. However, I do think there is a fine line being drawn to those who say it is gonna suck immediately and those who want to wait patiently and see what the results will be.

Dr Baghead
3697th Post

"Re(1):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 04:31post reply

Well at least it's something NEW for the franchise instead of being another GGX remix, that's pretty great even if it's not that interesting of new stuff.

Also how is this "GG2" what's "GGX" then? GGX can't be "GG 1+" since it omitted Kliff and Justice (and techincally Dr.Baldhead and Zato-One cease to exist within the time between GG1 and the last GGx as they is surely considered 'sequel' not 'upgrade' story fodder) and had a full graphics face lift.... shouldn't GGX be considered "GG2" and this is "GG3" or is GGX like SFA/SFZ where it's a side/prequel story to GG1 and ergo wouldn't be in the number sequence, does this mean they can make "GGG" or something that's a brand new 2D fighting game entry while GG3 can be a Sudoku simulator on the DS?

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Arngrim
275th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 04:36post reply

quote:

Also how is this "GG2" what's "GGX" then? GGX can't be "GG 1+" since it omitted Kliff and Justice (and techincally Dr.Baldhead and Zato-One cease to exist within the time between GG1 and the last GGx as they is surely considered 'sequel' not 'upgrade' story fodder) and had a full graphics face lift.... shouldn't GGX be considered "GG2" and this is "GG3" or is GGX like SFA/SFZ where it's a side/prequel story to GG1 and ergo wouldn't be in the number sequence, does this mean they can make "GGG" or something that's a brand new 2D fighting game entry while GG3 can be a Sudoku simulator on the DS?

I guess that means that the Guilty Gear hentai typing game will be canon at some point.

Gojira
2188th Post

"Re(2):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 05:25post reply

quote:

This thread delivers!

Catalyst
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 06:08post reply

quote:

This thread delivers!

You got your wish for sure hahah action, drama, suspense!

IkariDC
639th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 06:41post reply

quote:

I guess that means that the Guilty Gear hentai typing game will be canon at some point.

Oh my god, you also knew about it? Awesome, but I guess that I should have expected it coming from you.

Yeah Sol looks kinda younger, with that happy face slapped all over him and all, so I guess it's safe to assume it's going to be the Holy Order Crusade story arc. It may shape up being a nice game!

I will feel sad an betrayed if GGXXX (hardcore!) or whatever name it gets the next fighting game that should end the story following GGXX, is not a 2D game. And a completly redrawn one, I'm tired of all these upgrades and revisions (although I understand the arcade side of the business, and people wanting a home version of it).

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Burning Ranger
1495th Post

"GAWDAMN!" , posted Thu 19 Jul 07:20post reply

The game's not even out yet and people are lamenting it! Damn, at least let better screenshots or video come out before saying something.

As much as I'm a GG fan, I'll reserve judgement until I see more substantial. Here's hoping the soundtrack will rock.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Arngrim
277th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):GAWDAMN!" , posted Thu 19 Jul 07:58post reply

quote:
The game's not even out yet and people are lamenting it! Damn, at least let better screenshots or video come out before saying something.

As much as I'm a GG fan, I'll reserve judgement until I see more substantial. Here's hoping the soundtrack will rock.

No.

People is 'lamenting' (I would rather use 'commenting on') on the concepts presented. There is still room for this game to disappoint the audience and, as many have pointed out, judging the game will rely on the game itself once it has been released.

As it can easily be seen, certain data can be deduced from these 2 scans for sure. Some are obvious, like Sol not wielding the Fire Seal implying that the game is set in the past and that Sin has an unispired design. But one of the most important is the derailment from the basis of the saga, which is not a good thing in this case.

Please notice that what we are commenting on is the premise shown, not the game. This is not a flame-war forum.

And yes, this thread delivers. Logical, taking into account that the direction towards a capital franchise on fighting games nowadays is heading has been shown.

crazymike
1348th Post

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 08:06post reply

quote:

You're welcome.

Yeah well last I checked it was North American audiences playing Street Fighter 2 on Xbox live and buying the 2D Castlevania titles for DS that Japan does not pay much attention to.

Japan isn't the land of hand drawn goodness anymore like people want to think it is.

Personally I think this is great. Guilty Gear's story has always begged to be told in an adventure/rpg/beat-em up type game. If you got a problem with that, take it up with Ishiwatari for actually creating a decent backstory instead of just throwing random fighters on the screen to duke it out.

hikarutilmitt
431th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):GAWDAMN!" , posted Thu 19 Jul 08:14post reply

quote:

It wouldn't be MMCafe if it weren't happening.

And can I be the one to record the great exodus vs Recap battle? I'll make sure to use film so it can be made into an HD presentation once the release licensing has been acquired!

Red Falcon
5924th Post

"Re(9):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 10:08:post reply

quote:

excellent, thanks.

Here ja go! It was pre-rendered 3D, ala KI or Ragnagard (which I frequently get the impression Ishiwatari liked...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/4r5/gg11.jpg

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Thu 19 Jul 10:09]

exodus
3958th Post

"Re(10):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 11:48post reply

quote:

Here ja go! It was pre-rendered 3D, ala KI or Ragnagard (which I frequently get the impression Ishiwatari liked...)

OH MAN
I remember that. Thanks! I'm gonna update with this later.

Catalyst
265th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 12:42post reply

Heres some more light being posted on Guilty Gear 2 overture with some information that was conjectured.

Arc System Works Announces Guilty Gear 2
But it's no longer a 2D fighting game!
By Yoshi Sato, 07/18/2007
Arc System Works has announced Guilty Gear 2 Overture for Xbox 360 according to the latest issue of Japanese publication Weekly Famitsu.

Unlike the previous installments which were 2D fighting games, the sequel will be a mix of real-time strategy and 3D fighting game. Players will select characters - such as Sol Badguy, Sin, among others - referred to as "Masters" in this game. You will also have units to move around and give commands on the field map in RTS-like fashion. When in contact with enemy units, the battle then becomes more synonymous to a 3D fighting game.

Guilty Gear 2 Overture is currently 80% complete, but no release date has yet been announced.

Source: 1up.com http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161381

HAYATO
797th Post

"Re(2):GAWDAMN!" , posted Thu 19 Jul 13:41post reply

quote:

And can I be the one to record the great exodus vs Recap battle? I'll make sure to use film so it can be made into an HD presentation once the release licensing has been acquired!

Whoever wins, we lose...

Undead Fred
2902th Post

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 14:03post reply

quote:

BE STILL YOUNG CHILD
AND HEAR NOW MY TALE
OF THE MIGHTY INTERNET HERO
O RECAP- HAIL, HAIL, HAIL

HIS INTERNET PENIS SWINGS LONG
AND SWINGS WIDE
FELLING MANY A FOE
DON'T BOTHER TO HIDE

HIS WORDS ARE LIKE ACID
CORROSIVE, CORRUPTIVE
HIS WISE, QUICK RESPONSES
ARE SO VERY DESTRUCTIVE

DIFFER WITH HIM
AND YOU'LL SUFFER HIS WRATH
HE'LL REND YOU WITH WORDS
USE YOUR BLOOD FOR HIS BATH

HE SPEAKS HIS OWN LANGUAGE
NEVER TRY TO DECIPHER
HOW BABBY IS FORMED
CAN BE USED AS A CYPHER

NOW SLEEP WELL YOUNG ONE
YOUR GOD RECAP IS HERE
HE'S SKIMMED ALL YOUR POSTS
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR

---------------------------------------
~An elegy by Undead Freud~
---------------------------------------

I was initially disappointed to hear (what I thought) was another 2D game going 3D, but A) since it was intended to be 3D from the get-go, but was limited by technology and B) this one's apparently not even a fighting game, I can't really whine about this one. Hell, maybe it'll be fun.

Also, Recap can't seem to post without spewing venom, so thanks for pissing on another nice thread. THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS

Maese Spt
376th Post

Silver Customer

"Oh, well..." , posted Thu 19 Jul 14:13post reply

quote:

Whoever wins, we lose...

PROTIP: both are buddies from Insert Credit. So all of you, flamewar thirsty fellas, will have to wait for another victim to appear, I guess.

Oh, and back On Topic: never cared about GG and never will, so if they desecrate the 2D origins of the saga I could care less. I stopped being a purist over videogame stuff long ago, and for my fragile and unstable mental sanity's sake it was one of the best decisions I've ever taken. But I think that concept of a hack'n slash prequel to tell the origins of the GG mess *could* be somewhat neat. Who knows.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Abster
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"re:" , posted Thu 19 Jul 15:33post reply

If I'm pretty attached to a series, I wouldn't care less if the next games were going to come out in 2d or 3d. Obviously the ones this thing is going to offend the most due to the game type are those people who have nothing more to do than spend days at Japanese tourney events.

I'm a bit skeptical of the strategy part of it, but the graphics look pretty impressive as I see them, and I think I'll be able to enjoy this if I give it a chance.

Pollyanna
2292th Post

"Re(1):GAWDAMN!" , posted Thu 19 Jul 15:42post reply

quote:
Here's hoping the soundtrack will rock.

YES.

I don't see what the big deal is. If this was the next Guilty Gear fighting game, then that would be one thing, but it's just a spinoff game. Can't they "expand the series" without "betraying" their roots?

exodus
3961th Post

"Re(6):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 15:51post reply

quote:

Also, Recap can't seem to post without spewing venom, so thanks for pissing on another nice thread. THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS

teehee...yeah don't worry about me, recap can say anything he wants and I won't blink. he's a crazy man but I like him anyway.

As for GG doing a sidegenre without betraying roots: NO NEVER. Jeez. You're supposed to be a graphics whore, polly. come on!

anyway: I think Arc should get back to making ADV games. With this and Hoshigami they're trying to expand too much, and Arc was never that accomplished to begin with. Snap.

Recap
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 20:07post reply

quote:
Now with Recap, that is all fine with him if he claims the game will go to the crapshooter. If it does? Okay so what? Did the earth freeze over? I just don't get where this whole U.S. market thing is coming into mind. It sounds like a weak argument if that. What says Ishiwatari doesn't have that right to make whatever he wants?

Yeah. What if SNK-P wants to hire some illiterate Korean developers to make a 3D Metal Slug for the PS2? What if Iga decides that Akumajou Dracula won't use 2D art anymore? They have the right to make whatever they want...

A quite dumb question, seriously.

quote:
Yeah well last I checked it was North American audiences playing Street Fighter 2 on Xbox live and buying the 2D Castlevania titles for DS that Japan does not pay much attention to.

Are those the best examples you got? ... Seriously!

quote:
OH MAN
I remember that. Thanks! I'm gonna update with this later.

So now prerendered stuff is "3D"? ...!? This thread delivers, indeed!

quote:
If this was the next Guilty Gear fighting game, then that would be one thing, but it's just a spinoff game.

But it's not. There's no evidence of it being an offshot at all. Indeed, the game is called 'Guilty Gear 2', so for now, assumptions can only go in the opposite direction. I find it quite obvious.

quote:

Anytime.

Red Falcon
5929th Post

"Re(8):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Thu 19 Jul 23:25:post reply

quote:

So now prerendered stuff is "3D"? ...!? This thread delivers, indeed!

Hey, look who is being a smarmy ass again! Have an axe to grind because you ended up looking foolish in the other thread? I guess I'll dig out some of the stuff where he talks about always intending it to be 3D now, too. Although you'll probably ignore it too. Oh, and here is some extra info on pre-rendering for you.

Also... you seem to have missed this from the other thread, here it is again for your convenience!

Anyway, when did you do these amazing "side by side comparisons"? Did you take your computer down to the arcade and compare it visually with some likely old, burned-out cab monitors (while probably ignoring any possible gameplay issues)?
Or was this when you used to own a home cart system, which is unlikely as you said yourself that the video out on the home cart is crap and thusly it wouldn't be POSSIBLE to do an accurate comparison, unless you had a unit with modded vid output.. which I doubt, considering your comment. Or do you know somebody who has a supergun and some legit PCBs who plays said games on an RGB monitor? Regardless, a crapload of games have emulation issues, as hikarutilmitt says. I'm sure there are SOME which are emulated almost perfectly, but a lot (hell, probably the majority) are not, but I admittedly have little experience with them.

You know, I kept thinking about your claims about emulation being equally as moral as buying second hand games, and you know what, the more I thought about it the more I realized it really is just totally wrong. Here is a poorly drawn diagram I made to illustrate the comparitive differences. I'm using SS 0 because of a personal experience I had with it where a friend was emulating it a week after I bought it (and hell, a week after it came out period.)

As is demonstrated, if I were to sell my SS 0 cart, it's almost like "exchanging a right of ownership";I.E., if there was an "owner's license", I would be trading it off to some other person in a monetary exchange. The company made their original money, and REGARDLESS of whether they wanted an "owner's license" format where a buyer would have to sell it back to a state or industry run "game shop" to have it resold for a set price so the company could make money off the resale, there is no "theft" going on. An original copy was sold, and it exchanged hands; their profits were not diluted in any way as there are no "bootlegs" on the market.

The second illustration shows how downloading a rom works (or hell, a bootleg copy or a burn of a CD if we're talking about a CD-based format, what's happening is identical). You are in essence getting a "bootleg copy". It's as if the original purchaser bought it and made a bunch of copies of it and distributed them for free; this DOES damage company's profits in a sense (especially if the game was brand new, ala SS 0) If the game is old, although it will no longer directly affect the company as all extant copies have been sold/lost/destroyed/etc. and they are producing no more, it may seem "okay" on the surface, but it's still akin to flooding the market with bootlegs. They just don't have "physical form". It is still in a sense "stealing", however. If you were to go and buy an original copy, their original profit from the sale would not have been diluted (I.E., say I dumped the rom of SS 0, which cost me 600 new, and 6000 people downloaded a rom; it would be similar to having me sell 6000 copies of the game and selling them for a penny apiece, except that I would have theoretically given them away for free instead.) It's kind of like breaking down their profits so they would have made less and less money off the original sale.

However, as the game was new, Grant's downloading of the rom did INDEED eat in to the company's profits directly; in this situation, it is identical to getting a bootlegged copy, and the massive amount of romming and bootlegging directly damaged SNK in the late 90's (once the roms started to be dumped immediately, HK bootleggers would immediately flood the market with extremely cheap bootlegged carts which most arcades in HK and many other places in Asia would pick up instead of legit copies)

I don't think your claims of there being "moral issues" about both processes is sensible; otherwise second hand sales would probably still be legally questionable. As it is, they are not. Although the game industry wanted to replicate the Recording Industry of Japan's saihanbai kakaku iji seido/resale price maintenence system (This system is why Japanese CD resale prices are so high. It is allegedly designed to keep up fair profits, but the practice has been deemed profiteering in a number of industrial countries and has been banned or is heavily regulated in many, including the UK and the US) where they would set the prices on used games, have them sold via licensed resalers, and would have established dates the games could be sold/when resales would stop (they probably would have used the same little X and Y symbols the Recording Industry uses), they lost and this never happened, and it never would have happened outside of Japan, period. Regardless, this is all why second-hand sales are quite legal and why roms (unless it's licensed, like what Nintendo is doing right now) are generally illegal. Hell, I'm pretty confident that the process of cracking and dumping roms is in of itself illegal.

Is also occurred to me while I was boxing my remaining stuff up for my move; as I was looking at many old Megadrive, PCE, and Superfami games, I noticed something and figured I'd do a few scans. The "no resale" label is NOT on them. Many of them feature the "Rental Prohibited" or "No commercial use" warnings, but nothing about resales at all; many from the same era as PS also do not have any such warnings. the "no resale" concept dates from the Playstation era and is most definately connected to the transition to CD as the major format.If all of my PS 1 and Saturn stuff weren't boxed already I'd go and check some of those, too, as the more I think about it, the more confident I am that at least one of the big companies didn't participate in the whole issue. As Sony is one of the big players in the Japanese music industry as well, they probably came up with the idea of trying to regulate it in the exact same manner they use in the regulation of CD sales. They lost.

quote:
Yeah. What if SNK-P wants to hire some illiterate Korean developers to make a 3D Metal Slug for the PS2? What if Iga decides that Akumajou Dracula won't use 2D art anymore? They have the right to make whatever they want...

A quite dumb question, seriously.

And.. what does this even mean? Are you trying to be sarcastic? You're right, a developer DOES have the right to make whatever they want. If you don't like it, tough. Stay away from it. You don't have to like it, but you can't STOP them from doing whatever the hell they feel like doing. If this was SOME attempt at sarcasm, it's just terribly flawed, as... they do indeed have the right to do whatever the hell they please. If Nintendo felt like turning Mario in to a transsexual, they could damn well do so. It would cause a public outcry, but nobody could stop them.

quote:
But it's not. There's no evidence of it being an offshot at all. Indeed, the game is called 'Guilty Gear 2', so for now, assumptions can only go in the opposite direction. I find it quite obvious.
I find this interesting too, those are quite some assumptions YOU'RE making. I, or anybody, can easily find it "OBVIOUS" that it is a spin-off using the same logic you used; it's called Guilty Gear 2: Overture (not to mention that I seem to recall WAAAY back when they first revealed what Sin looked like, they stated he was from a Spin-off game on the 360... I'll look for that article when I get home from work, too) dropping the "X" sequence which characterizes the fighting games in many people's eyes; the usage of "overture" states that it is a prequel to something, perhaps to a new GG fighting game, kind of like how there are a number of non-RPG FF7 spinoffs now that also have odd subtitles (I.E., "Dirge of Cerberus"). The fact that it.. isn't a fighter but a bizarre conglomeration of RTS and 3rd person action also make it more LOGICAL (and if we're going to pay attention to the storyline, that it's a prequel) that it is indeed some kind of spin off. That's a whole lot of assuming there, isn't it? Isn't any different than what you did, but I think there's a BIT more thought and logic put in to it, although you probably only responded like that with the explicit intent of trying to argue with Fred.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Thu 19 Jul 23:54]

Catalyst
266th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 00:25post reply

quote:

Yeah. What if SNK-P wants to hire some illiterate Korean developers to make a 3D Metal Slug for the PS2?

Yeah. It's called outsourcing for cheaper production costs?

Arngrim
278th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 00:39post reply

THEY SEE ME TROLLIN'
THEN SAGING ~♪

Recap
111th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 00:44post reply

quote:

Yeah. It's called outsourcing for cheaper production costs?

You didn't get it at all, but yeah, whatever.

Professor
2394th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 01:21:post reply

OUCH! WHAT DO YOU DO! I didn't think we'd have to watch this all over again.
I hate reruns unless they're vintage from the 80's, and this show's less than a week old.

Recap:
It feels as though you're trying to pick a fight on anyone that comments against your opinion. For example, telling people of one region to burn in hell is insulting, plain outright stupid, and it probably just took you like 5 seconds to write without even thinking. Please, try and put a bit more thought into what you write. This is a warning.

BTW, it'd help to check up on things before you state them as though they're facts.

Red Falcon:
Thanks for notifying me, but for now, let's drop the subject overall. Next time you spot a bad flame, just give me a note. As intriguing as the used-games topic is, there's no need to yank the subject back up on an unrelated thread. That'll do more bad than good.

BTW, it's correct that you didn't see the "No Resale" logo on your older games. The logo only appeared after 1998, when CESA launched its campaign against used games. It was abolished after 4 years in 2002, when the surpreme court made its ruling. It's actually a pretty short-lived thing.

I've put up a link on the BBS's Threads list, which people can use from now on whenever there's something up in the BBS.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 20 Jul 01:47]

Recap
112th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 01:50post reply

quote:

Recap:
It feels as though you're trying to pick a fight on anyone that comments against your opinion. For example, telling people of one region to burn in hell is insulting, plain outright stupid, and it probably just took you like 5 seconds to write without even thinking.

Seems that that's more than the time you took to write your fantastic warning, though. Otherwise you could have understood that that line was a joke aimed at Brandon (who truly is a sinner bastard, on the other hand).

quote:
BTW, it'd help to check up on things before you state them as though they're facts.

Can't wait for you examples on this.

hikarutilmitt
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 03:25post reply

quote:

Recap:
Seems that that's more than the time you took to write your fantastic warning, though. Otherwise you could have understood that that line was a joke aimed at Brandon (who truly is a sinner bastard, on the other hand).

Can't wait for you examples on this.

If I might offer some friendly (honest, friendly!) advice: back away and post with a bit less of an attitude. I know you've been booted from other forums for this exact same attitude.

You have a huge chip on your shoulder and seem to have no problem displaying it to people as though you're proud of it, but it's the sort of thing that makes people not like you. I'm not saying that everyone wants to be liked by everyone, that's dumb, but sometimes a person just needs to know when to shut up (this post aside).

Red Falcon
5930th Post

"Re(7):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 04:34post reply

Sorry for dredging up the old thread, Prof, I just find it amusing that he continues to ignore anything that disproves something he claims

Also, Recap, I REALLY wouldn't talk to the Professor like that, he's the BBS owner.

IkariDC
641th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(8):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 05:38post reply

quote:
Sorry for dredging up the old thread, Prof, I just find it amusing that he continues to ignore anything that disproves something he claims

Well, I found it extremely funny that you made copy pasta of that large chunk of text from the old thread!

I think that maybe the problem is that he is not explaining himself because he thinks it's hopeless at this time, but that is the very reason why the argument is getting katamari damacy-ish bigger, rolling and rolling?

But seriously dudes, chill out! I think that all of you are valuable customers of the cafe, It's nice and entertaining to have some friendly flame wars here and there, but when "friendly" is going down the toilet, it's a shame.

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Recap
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 05:45post reply

quote:

If I might offer some friendly (honest, friendly!) advice: back away and post with a bit less of an attitude. I know you've been booted from other forums for this exact same attitude.

You have a huge chip on your shoulder and seem to have no problem displaying it to people as though you're proud of it, but it's the sort of thing that makes people not like you. I'm not saying that everyone wants to be liked by everyone, that's dumb, but sometimes a person just needs to know when to shut up (this post aside).

If you really know me from some other forums which I've been "booted" from, you'll also know quite well that the "attitude" I develope is _always_ a response, much like in this case. It's fine if you don't like me. I never pretended to be liked. But don't fool yourselves. Liking me or not, agreeing with me or not, the whole thread is here to be read and get where both, the idiocy and the flame war appetite comes from at any moment.

If you or anybody else wants to talk about any particular post/subject though, I'll be glad to give you all the explanations and context needed. In the meantime, save your advices. Thanks.

Juan
4413th Post

"oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 05:58post reply

quote:

THE MAIN PROBLEM HERE IS THAT EVERYONE HERE IS INSANE. I, IN THE OTHER HAND, AM PERFECTLY REASONABLE AND ACT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL TIMES.

I get it now. Thanks for your explanation!

think well your answer

Recap
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 06:03post reply

Buffoons rarely "get" the point. They don't ever contribute, either.

Juan
4414th Post

"Re(2):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 06:11post reply

quote:
"get"

MEANWHILE, IN METROPOLIS, RECAP TIES AN UNSUSPECTING KITTEN TO THE A RAILROAD TRACK AS HE ADJUSTS HIS MONOCLE, TIPS HIS TOP HAT, TWIRLS HIS MUSTACHE, AND LETS OUT A MALEVOLENT CACKLE

think well your answer

exodus
3966th Post

"Re(2):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 06:49post reply

quote:
Buffoons rarely "get" the point. They don't ever contribute, either.

ahhhhh recap. why can't we all just live together in peace and harmony? don't the dancing skeletons please your eyes and lull you into a sense of complacence?

Recap
115th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 07:13post reply

I guess it's too delicate type for me.

Time Mage
2584th Post

"Re(4):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 07:40post reply

quote:
I guess it's too delicate type for me.

Nothing is for you. Not even a small dose of education and respect.

I really feel bad to tell this to another Spaniard, but I think you're just rude and elitist.

Red Falcon
5933th Post

"Re(9):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 08:18:post reply

quote:
I develope is _always_ a response, much like in this case.
Really man, go back and read your first posts here. The first thing you do is act like the North American market is somehow shit, and then attack anyone who is bothered by your attitude. Apparently you've been banned from other places before. If it happens repeatedly, did it ever occur to you that MAYBE it isn't "everyone else" who has the problem, but that it might be you? Or are you completely incapable or unwilling to understand YOU MIGHT be provoking people?

quote:
If you or anybody else wants to talk about any particular post/subject though, I'll be glad to give you all the explanations and context needed.

Why don't you ever respond to any info that conflicts with your argument then?

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Fri 20 Jul 08:20]

hikarutilmitt
433th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 08:19post reply

quote:
If you really know me from some other forums which I've been "booted" from, you'll also know quite well that the "attitude" I develope is _always_ a response, much like in this case.

It's not _always_ a response, it's just how you post. If it's not about fake-low-res presentations (and the bitching therein) it's about general inaccuracies of a game's presentation. It's ALWAYS one of those and that's not an attitude, it's just arrogant and annoying. There's a reason that an edited (and severely scanlined) Decap Attack image was made that says "Recap Attack!" on it .

ONSLAUGHT
3668th Post

"Mmmmhh..." , posted Fri 20 Jul 08:40post reply

quote:
If you really know me from some other forums which I've been "booted" from, you'll also know quite well that the "attitude" I develope is _always_ a response, much like in this case.

It's not _always_ a response, it's just how you post. If it's not about fake-low-res presentations (and the bitching therein) it's about general inaccuracies of a game's presentation. It's ALWAYS one of those and that's not an attitude, it's just arrogant and annoying. There's a reason that an edited (and severely scanlined) Decap Attack image was made that says "Recap Attack!" on it .

And he called me buffoon for no reason... my heart suffers for it

Recap
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 09:25post reply

quote:

I really feel bad to tell this to another Spaniard, but I think you're just rude and elitist.

Yeah, you also said I'm "very narrow-minded" while missing totally the point of the discussion you were taking part at the same time so how can be relevant what you have to ever say?

quote:

Ohh, so there you have it... you were related to the TNL retards. I was pretty sure that the way you talked in the SF Zero 3 thread about the "anal" people who care about graphic presentation and whatnot had an actual insulting intention to it towards me at then end, you know. I feel less "guilty" now you have finally exposed yourself.

So let's recap: You find me "bitching" once again about "scanlines" in one of your very forums and feel the need of posting a pretty assholic (and misinforming, by the way) reply because you just can't tolerate different opinions, especially if they remind you of your blatant ignorance (though that's just a side effect).

There were many people there very interested in knowing it all, you know. You could have let them do earlier.

Learn tolerance, fella. Maybe then your advices about "attitude" can be taken as something else than pointless ranting.

Red Falcon
5936th Post

"Re(6):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 09:27:post reply

Holy hell, Recap, SHUT UP. You are quite obviously insane and clearly deserved to be banned elsewhere, if this is your standard attitude.

This is really the only logical explanation for you at this point.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Fri 20 Jul 09:29]

deisied
424th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 09:30post reply

I wonder how it is that I managed to stop coming here.

Juan
4416th Post

"Re(6):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 09:37:post reply

quote:

Yeah, you also said I'm "very narrow-minded" while missing totally the point of the discussion you were taking part at the same time so how can be relevant what you have to ever say?

Ohh, so there you have it... you were related to the TNL retards. I was pretty sure that the way you talked in the SF Zero 3 thread about the "anal" people who care about graphic presentation and whatnot had an actual insulting intention to it towards me at then end, you know. I feel less "guilty" now you have finally exposed yourself.

So let's recap: You find me "bitching" once again about "scanlines" in one of your very forums and feel the need of posting a pretty assholic (and misinforming, by the way) reply because you just can't tolerate different opinions, especially if they remind you of your blatant ignorance (though that's just a side effect).

There were many people there very interested in knowing it all, you know. You could have let them do earlier.

Learn tolerance, fella. Maybe then your advices about "attitude" can be taken as something else than pointless ranting.

I SEE

think well your answer

[this message was edited by Juan on Fri 20 Jul 09:38]

hikarutilmitt
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 09:48post reply

quote:

Funny how you bring up TNL when I don't go to TNL and never have. Guess that's another notch on your belt.

Pollyanna
2295th Post

"Re(7):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 09:48post reply

quote:
I wonder how it is that I managed to stop coming here.

Don't you realize, this happened BECAUSE you stopped coming here!

Recap
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):oh" , posted Fri 20 Jul 09:56post reply

quote:

Funny how you bring up TNL when I don't go to TNL and never have. Guess that's another notch on your belt.

The Recapattack picture was made by one of the TNL dumbs, as far as I know. But it does not matter where you know me of. Dumbs use to go here and there. Shmups Dot Com and TNL are very related each other by the retards living at their forums. My previous post makes perfect sense whichever the case.

Professor
2396th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 12:02:post reply

Whoa, things really flared up while I was asleep.

Recap:
From what I gather, you want others to respect your opinion, yet, you keep provoking them and don't really care to listen when they've got anything to say.

If you have issues in communicating with people, forums are not meant for you. It would be more wise to post at locations where you can contribute knowledge without discussion, such as the Wikipedia.

I'm afraid that you've outwelcomed your stay here. Goodbye.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 20 Jul 12:33]

HAYATO
798th Post

"Re(1):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 14:08post reply

quote:

Recap:
From what I gather, you want others to respect your opinion, yet, you keep provoking them and don't really care to listen when they've got anything to say.

If you have issues in communicating with people, forums are not meant for you. It would be more wise to post at locations where you can contribute knowledge without discussion, such as the Wikipedia.

Does this mean what I think it does? Did Recrap become the first user banned from the Cafe? I hope not, at least not now, when everybody was having so much fun...

Catalyst
270th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 14:48:post reply

quote:

Recap:

Does this mean what I think it does? Did Recrap become the first user banned from the Cafe? I hope not, at least not now, when everybody was having so much fun...

Well there was one long long back, I wasn't a member but a lurker at the time where the professor refused to let one person join, I believe it was a woman but she was known for causing trouble someone from gamefaqs but this was a long time ago. Wish I knew the name for proof of evidence.

But anyways now that all the hubub is over and seeing this thread I made went up and down lets try to keep this on news shall we folks?

[this message was edited by Catalyst on Fri 20 Jul 14:52]

Professor
2398th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 14:58:post reply

quote:

The last ban that I recall was back in 2004, someone named SNKNeoShingo. I believe Orochi Tigresa was also banned somewhere along the line when she joined but that was moreso an issue with legality, since she was known for practicing in copyright infringements. Oh, the memories. Bottom line, people don't get banned here unless they really, *really* try hard.

Although, we've had other kinds of serious problems since then. Like too many pigs popping up on the drawboard.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 20 Jul 15:16]

ONSLAUGHT
3669th Post

"Re(3):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 15:04post reply

quote:

Well there was one long long back, I wasn't a member but a lurker at the time where the professor refused to let one person join, I believe it was a woman but she was known for causing trouble someone from gamefaqs but this was a long time ago. Wish I knew the name for proof of evidence.

Tigresa, her name was Tigresa, member of the Steel Sisters.
A banned member is Roger I think, but he asked to be banned.
Is Masterposter banned as well? I miss him

Catalyst
270th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 15:04post reply

quote:

The last ban that I recall was back in 2004, someone named SNKNeoShingo. I believe Orochi Tigresa was also banned somewhere along the line. Oh, the memories. Bottom line, people don't get banned here unless they really, *really* try hard.

There we go! Orochi Tigresa that was the name. I didn't know Shingo got banned, I thought everyone kind of put up with his antics and made him the butt of jokes?

ONSLAUGHT
3670th Post

"Re(3):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 15:12post reply

quote:

Although, we've had other kinds of serious problems since then. Like too many pigs popping up on the drawboard.

You just don't appreciate the piggies
Everyone love the farting pigs!

Professor
2397th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 15:15post reply

quote:

Mmmmmmmm' Pork!!

Undead Fred
2904th Post

"Re(5):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 16:12post reply

quote:

Mmmmmmmm' Pork!!

Yamazaki hates them.

Sensenic
1573th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"(Not really about) Guilty Gear 2 overture" , posted Fri 20 Jul 18:25post reply

quote:

The last ban that I recall was back in 2004, someone named SNKNeoShingo. I believe Orochi Tigresa was also banned somewhere along the line. Oh, the memories. Bottom line, people don't get banned here unless they really, *really* try hard.

There we go! Orochi Tigresa that was the name. I didn't know Shingo got banned, I thought everyone kind of put up with his antics and made him the butt of jokes?

Nope, IIRC it was an account someone made precisely to make fun of SNKneogeoshingoandthelike, stating he was the true one, always trolling his posts, etc.

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

dr baghead
3700th Post

"Re(3):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 19:11post reply

quote:
The last ban that I recall was back in 2004, someone named SNKNeoShingo. I believe Orochi Tigresa was also banned somewhere along the line when she joined but that was moreso an issue with legality, since she was known for practicing in copyright infringements. Oh, the memories. Bottom line, people don't get banned here unless they really, *really* try hard.

So kinda on this topic, did you ban "Izek" (or whatever that asshole's who turned any art thread into a flame war name was) or did he stop coming round on his own accord?

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Red Falcon
5938th Post

"Re(4):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 21:00post reply

Way WAAAAY back, wasn't.... ShinYojimbo banned? I remember somebody getting banned and making new accounts and coming back right away... but he eventually gave up or something.

Olivier Hague
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 21:22post reply

quote:
Also how is this "GG2" what's "GGX" then?

I believe "Guilty Gear X" and the following games were all considered "spin-offs", officially.
I always thought that was a bit ridiculous, but here it is at last: "Guilty Gear 2". Well, what do you know.

NARUTO
3566th Post

"Re(3):Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Fri 20 Jul 22:24post reply

quote:
Also how is this "GG2" what's "GGX" then?
I believe "Guilty Gear X" and the following games were all considered "spin-offs", officially.
I always thought that was a bit ridiculous, but here it is at last: "Guilty Gear 2". Well, what do you know.

So if I get what you said (not telling you're wrong...) GGX and all those after would be nothing more than update ou GG 1, like Super SF1 or SF 2 turbo were?? Weird...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Nate
892th Post

"Re(4):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 02:32post reply

quote:

I remember Masterposter randomly disappearing shortly after KOF XI information was starting to come out. I don't know why he did but I miss him too.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Bata kun
3065th Post

"Re(5):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 02:49post reply

quote:

I remember Masterposter randomly disappearing shortly after KOF XI information was starting to come out. I don't know why he did but I miss him too.

Masterposter isn't banned. He's just M.I.A. Lots of people these days are M.I.A. Blackninjavinny, Orion, Chupiler (who I talk with these days and part of the reason why I don't post here as much as I did when I first arrived here), yeah, lots of people are M.I.A.

うぐう!

Ishmael
2887th Post

"Re(5):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 02:50post reply

quote:

I'm not surprised he vanished since life must be difficult when the world doesn't spin in exactly the manner you want it to. Still, I keep expecting that at some point Masterposter and Shingo are going to do the fusion dance and come back as a conglomerate poster that will defy description.

Digitalboy
438th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):oh" , posted Sat 21 Jul 03:36post reply

quote:
"anal" "bitching" "attitude"

It reads as if I missed a really interesting.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Time Mage
2586th Post

"Re(6):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 03:59post reply

quote:
Masterposter isn't banned. He's just M.I.A. Lots of people these days are M.I.A. Blackninjavinny, Orion, Chupiler (who I talk with these days and part of the reason why I don't post here as much as I did when I first arrived here), yeah, lots of people are M.I.A.

Another poster I miss is Rid, I haven't seen him around here for some time now.

HAYATO
802th Post

"Re(7):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 15:20post reply

quote:

Perhaps he's "making it a kupo one" along with Talbaineric, another dear fellow poster who suddenly dissapeared... but doth not worry, everything is fine as long as we, the Spanish Elite remain here...

NARUTO
3567th Post

"Re(7):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 19:51post reply

quote:

Everything's fine with Rid, I'm on AIM with him every week, still I'll maybe ask him, why his not on the board As often as he was..

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Arngrim
282th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 22:08post reply

quote:

but doth not worry, everything is fine as long as we, the Spanish Elite remain here...

Now I have something else to achieve in my life~

rid
7109th Post

"Re(7):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 23:07:post reply

I just don't think I can add much to the board anymore, that's why I haven't been posting here. I still have Majoria's News, if anybody is interested.

news - art

[this message was edited by rid on Sat 21 Jul 23:08]

deisied
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Mon 23 Jul 15:23post reply

quote:
I just don't think I can add much to the board anymore, that's why I haven't been posting here. I still have Majoria's News, if anybody is interested.

I miss Rid too! But, that's my fault more than the fault of his not posting here much anymore.

Anyway, to post on topic (for some reason), I really get the feeling that GG2O is very much Ishiwatari showing us the kind of intentions he had as a game designer from the beginning. I mean, it's not just the "GG was originally planned for 3D" thing, either. It's clear that he's had this world, these characters, and this music in his head for a long time. GGX and forward was the kind of hardcore establishment he needed to actually get the business opportunity to let this world free, I think. Now that he's actually getting a chance to do that, it feels like a betrayal to us, who for the most part only give a shit about him because of a great fighting game. To him, I think it's the opposite.

Anyway, I'm interested 'cause I kinda am a GG nerd even past just thinking it's a solid fighter. I'm into the characters, music, world, (story lawlz). At the very least, that's one way this game cannot fail. The soundtrack will rock, the character designs will be creative but flamboyant (flag). It'll be worth checking out at the very least. If it turns out "overture" really does mean that this game is a precursor to GG2:GRAND MAGNUM OPERA the fighting game conclusion, then that's even more reason to get excited.

So yeah, in a franchise where even the hardcore crowd is bitching about incremental arcade updates, it seems hard to get upset about an attempt to have us look at the franchise in a new way. Then again, Isuka didn't get them very far...

Bata kun
3069th Post

"My 2 en." , posted Tue 24 Jul 14:32post reply

Seeing that I haven't made an on-topic post yet, I'll say this. Will I end up playing this game? Most likely. Will I enjoy this game? It's hard to say, but I was never a guy who loved 3D action games for some reason.

I'm sure the songs will rock hard as usual. If what I'm hearing is true, then it can further prove that I was never that much into the series to begin with. I can't think of much else to say.

うぐう!

beto
912th Post

"masterposter" , posted Wed 25 Jul 02:31:post reply

quote:

I still lurk here to read fighting game news from time to time. I don't post because you all hated my guts. Probably for good reason, considering i used to get really angry at posts like Iggy's.

I don't care much for videogame news overall nowadays, i only check once or twice a week for fighting game news. Nothing interesting has been released in what, 2 years or so?

I still think Iggy and a few people here are extremelly offensive, though (even compared to myself).

P.S.: Changed my avatar to one of my drawings, since some people didn't like the Juzoh Minazuki one. My computer at work doesn't have photoshop, so it's pixelated. I posted it at the Image Board here:

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/cbbs.cgi?mode=res&namber=2224&page=&no=0

You can see it bigger at deviantart. The stuff there is old, but still...

http://betomachado.deviantart.com/

[this message was edited by beto on Wed 25 Jul 02:53]

beto
911th Post

"Re(6):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 25 Jul 02:35post reply

quote:

I'm not surprised he vanished since life must be difficult when the world doesn't spin in exactly the manner you want it to.

Probably.

Ishmael
2890th Post

"Re(7):Re:Guilty Gear 2 overture?" , posted Wed 25 Jul 03:40post reply

quote:

I'm not surprised he vanished since life must be difficult when the world doesn't spin in exactly the manner you want it to.

Probably.

Indubitably.

Juan
4420th Post

"A man with a golden eye told me to give this" , posted Wed 25 Jul 03:41:post reply

quote:

Indubitably.

.nECROMANCY

think well your answer

[this message was edited by Juan on Wed 25 Jul 03:48]

Red Falcon
5940th Post

"Re(1):A man with a golden eye told me to give" , posted Wed 25 Jul 04:11post reply

This is pretty neat, TWO "missing" members in ONE thread!

Gojira
2195th Post

"Re(2):A man with a golden eye told me to give" , posted Wed 25 Jul 05:45post reply

quote:
This is pretty neat, TWO "missing" members in ONE thread!

Recap had a lot of trade-in value!