Smash Bros Thread Revival!!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (7550 Views )

Burning Ranger
1491th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Tue 3 Jul 03:08post reply

I didn't see a SSBB thread with a lot of activity so I thought I'd start a new one.

First topic: Looks like SSBB will get...STRIKERS!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist01.html

I'm not sure if these "assist trophies" will work like Strikers or like the Poke balls. Still, its cool in concept because of all the characters that could be used.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Replies:

KTALLGUY
916th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Tue 3 Jul 03:17post reply

2 Questions.

1. Will Snake be able to break Kirby's neck?

2. Will Sonic be in it?

Play to win.

Just a Person
927th Post

"Re(2):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Tue 3 Jul 03:54post reply

Samurai Goro, Hammer Bro and a Nintendog as assists... that looks nice. But on the other hand, why do we still have Pokéballs, anyway? I mean, the Pokémons could count as assists as well, couldn't they?

Also, it's nice that Sakurai revealed one more fighter, Zelda. And she looks great! When I saw Goro today, I thought he was another fighter revealed as well... that's a pity...

quote:
2 Questions.

1. Will Snake be able to break Kirby's neck?

2. Will Sonic be in it?

1. Does Kirby have a neck, at all??

2. Well, Nintendo people said they want Sonic in it, Sega people said they want Sonic in it, the players said they want Sonic in it. Someone's got to be really stupid if Sonic isn't in it, after all...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

kofoguz
544th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Tue 3 Jul 06:36post reply

quote:
2. Well, Nintendo people said they want Sonic in it, Sega people said they want Sonic in it, the players said they want Sonic in it. Someone's got to be really stupid if Sonic isn't in it, after all...

Just LOL. So true.

GekigangerV
1374th Post

"Re(4):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Tue 3 Jul 11:20post reply

Assist trophies seem cool. Probably the most interesting update yet.

On a smash bros. related note, does anyone know of any sites of creative snap shots from Melee? I remember seeing some cool Japanese ones a few years ago, but can't find them anymore.

ZamIAm
1626th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 12:20post reply

quote:
Also, it's nice that Sakurai revealed one more fighter, Zelda. And she looks great!

I like the brunette look w/ darker clothes alot. It seems like they will be keeping her slow but they will (hopefully) be making her more powerful. I wonder if anything will confirm my prediction that Sheik won't be in the game. I'm also curious about what her Final Smash will be.

Time Mage
2570th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 18:14post reply

quote:
Also, it's nice that Sakurai revealed one more fighter, Zelda. And she looks great!

I like the brunette look w/ darker clothes alot. It seems like they will be keeping her slow but they will (hopefully) be making her more powerful. I wonder if anything will confirm my prediction that Sheik won't be in the game. I'm also curious about what her Final Smash will be.

Since she seems based on TP Zelda, I'm pretty sure Sheik won't appear. That means she could get all the attacks she used in TP, that is, sword, magic and bow attacks. In fact, after TP she has a decent movepool to pick from. The Final Smash?... Some kind of big magic, Triforce-related, probably.

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Waaay~~ (Milky Waaaay)

Iron D
2730th Post

"Re(2):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 19:34post reply

Here's hoping for MGS2's RAIDEN to be an assist.

*Snake holds up capsule*

*RAIDEN appears!*

*RAIDEN goes to attack, but is interrupted by a codec call*

Raiden's GF: "Jack, do you know what day it is?"

Raiden: O_O

Er.....

Pollyanna
2268th Post

"Re(3):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 20:03post reply

Nintendo is really stringing us along with all their little updates. I feel like going to sleep and having someone wake me up when they announce Duster or Kumatora (though I guess I'll settle for Waluigi). If the game comes out, and none of those characters are in it, then I'll just sleep forever.

ZamIAm
1627th Post

"Re(2):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 22:23post reply

quote:
Since she seems based on TP Zelda, I'm pretty sure Sheik won't appear. That means she could get all the attacks she used in TP, that is, sword, magic and bow attacks. In fact, after TP she has a decent movepool to pick from.

Figures. Also, I think Zero Suit Samus is going to wind up wth most of Sheik's gameplay which will help both ZSS and Zelda since a move doesn't have to be wasted on the transformation.

The roster is shaping up pretty well. I'm glad Meta Knight, Wario, and Pit made it in and I hope that Diddy (especially with the Melee rumors). It would also be cool if King Dedede and Little Mac and/or his coach made it in but I doubt it.

Just a Person
930th Post

"Re(3):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 22:37post reply

quote:
Since she seems based on TP Zelda, I'm pretty sure Sheik won't appear. That means she could get all the attacks she used in TP, that is, sword, magic and bow attacks. In fact, after TP she has a decent movepool to pick from.

Figures. Also, I think Zero Suit Samus is going to wind up wth most of Sheik's gameplay which will help both ZSS and Zelda since a move doesn't have to be wasted on the transformation.

The roster is shaping up pretty well. I'm glad Meta Knight, Wario, and Pit made it in and I hope that Diddy (especially with the Melee rumors). It would also be cool if King Dedede and Little Mac and/or his coach made it in but I doubt it.

If the rumour about the Ice Climbers being absent from SSBB is true, I'd love to see Diddy and Dixie teaming up like them. Plus, this is probably the only chance of Dixie being a playable character (although she has a good chance of becoming an assist trophy, I guess).

Is Little Mac the guy from Super Punch-Out!! ? He would be great, as well! And maybe some character from PilotWings... Ibis, maybe?

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

ZamIAm
1628th Post

"Re(4):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 22:59post reply

quote:
If the rumour about the Ice Climbers being absent from SSBB is true, I'd love to see Diddy and Dixie teaming up like them.

As much as I'd like Diddy (and Dixie) in, I'd be mad if the trade off was to remove Popo and Nana. The Ice Climbers were a really cool choice from way out in left field and while they do need to be toned down, they shouldn't be kicked to the curb.

Just a Person
931th Post

"Re(5):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 23:27post reply

quote:
As much as I'd like Diddy (and Dixie) in, I'd be mad if the trade off was to remove Popo and Nana. The Ice Climbers were a really cool choice from way out in left field and while they do need to be toned down, they shouldn't be kicked to the curb.

That's true... probably the Ice Climbers will remain, Diddy will be added as a regular fighter (come on, he's one of Nintendo's most popular characters!)... and if Dixie is lucky, she'll be an assist trophy...

I hope she doesn't get left out in favour of Tiny, though... BTW, what's up with Tiny's new design?? She was so cute as a little monkey and the child of the team, and suddenly she gets older than her older sister Dixie, grows up and starts dressing herself like Candy Kong... not a nice change.

ZamIAm
1629th Post

"Re(6):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Tue 3 Jul 23:42post reply

quote:
I hope she doesn't get left out in favour of Tiny, though... BTW, what's up with Tiny's new design?? She was so cute as a little monkey and the child of the team, and suddenly she gets older than her older sister Dixie, grows up and starts dressing herself like Candy Kong... not a nice change.

When/where did this happen?

Just a Person
932th Post

"Re(7):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Wed 4 Jul 05:37post reply

quote:

When/where did this happen?

Search for Diddy Kong Racing DS, for the Nintendo DS. Or Donkey Kong Jet (DK Taru Jet Racing or something), for the Wii.

Or here.

Baines
204th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Zelda...blonde no more" , posted Wed 4 Jul 09:34post reply

quote:
If the rumour about the Ice Climbers being absent from SSBB is true, I'd love to see Diddy and Dixie teaming up like them.

It would be weird to see the Ice Climbers removed, only to be replaced by another "double" team.

And it would be disappointing to see "minor" franchise characters booted only to replace them with more "major" franchise characters. The game is already the Mario and Pokemon show (with Young Link pushed the Zelda count arguably too high in Melee.)

Just a Person
934th Post

"Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Thu 5 Jul 21:42post reply

Yup, Bowser is also confirmed as a playable character. Well, not big news really; I guess most of the Melee fighters will be in Brawl, anyway (except maybe the redundant ones, like Dr.Mario, Young Link and Pichu).

Sakurai also presented his Final Smash move, where he becomes Giga-Bowser (a really scary, creepy Giga-Bowser).

Burning Ranger
1493th Post

"Re(1):Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Sat 14 Jul 08:45post reply

Donkey Kong is now confirmed with that guy from Sim City as a Striker--er, I mean, assist.

But what brings a tear to my eye is the Zelda:OOT medley. Music is shaping up to be awesome. Very dramatic.

Evenor
574th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Sat 14 Jul 09:47post reply

DEC 3rd DEC 3rd DEC 3rd

Yeah, this game is shaping up beautifully! All they need to do is announce that Jigglypuff and Peach are in the roster.

After that, I don't care what happens.

ZamIAm
1647th Post

"Re(3):Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Sat 14 Jul 10:40post reply

quote:
DEC 3rd DEC 3rd DEC 3rd

Yeah, this game is shaping up beautifully! All they need to do is announce that Jigglypuff and Peach are in the roster.

After that, I don't care what happens.

Ditto. Plus, it's good to see the original bumper back.

ecchi
164th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Sun 15 Jul 02:47post reply

This is the game I've been anticipating for the longest time! The character roster looks to be shaping nicely, bringing back previous characters with their unique play-style and introducing new characters that seem to play just as different (please, no clones). I like the idea of assist trophies, so if they need to sacrifice space to cram in more helpers then they should do away with some pokemon since they and assists serve the exact same function.

GAME OVER?? But I beat the game!

Time Mage
2576th Post

"Re(2):Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Sun 15 Jul 08:34post reply

quote:
But what brings a tear to my eye is the Zelda:OOT medley. Music is shaping up to be awesome. Very dramatic.

Indeed. Choosing Michiko Naruke for that one was a great decision. It shows his style, while maintaining the spirit of the Zeldas music, and all very epic.

Just a Person
938th Post

"Re(3):Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Mon 16 Jul 00:52post reply

quote:

Indeed. Choosing Michiko Naruke for that one was a great decision. It shows his style, while maintaining the spirit of the Zeldas music, and all very epic.

Yes, this song is amazing! It's incredible to realize it's actually a song for a cartoony-fighting game (no offense intended; the "cartoony-fighting" opinion is actually what attracted me to the SSB series).

The song from Metroid sounds really good, as well! The Yoshi one is kinda cute... (when will they show Yoshi??)

Pollyanna
2285th Post

"Re(5):Bowser ready to Smash!" , posted Mon 16 Jul 08:40post reply

quote:
(please, no clones).

I'll take as many clones as they want to give me, as long as that doesn't reduce the number of non-clone characters. A game like this is all about being able to use your favorite character, so the way I see it, the more characters the better. I don't particularly like Ness, so I wouldn't use him, but if they made Kumatora as a Ness clone, I'd probably use her all the time. (of course, this is hypothetical since we don't even know if Ness is in.)

As for the music...I love what they're doing with the different composers, but none of the stuff they've presented (short of the opening song) is nearly as good as the soundtrack to the last game, if only because it isn't orchestrated.

Burning Ranger
1496th Post

"So Samus is 2 characters in one?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 09:21post reply

Samus's final smash forces a change into Zero Suit Samus.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/samus.html

And they're bringing back more music from the SNES Starfox! IMHO, the SNES version had the best music followed by the GC Namco game. But that's just me.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music05.html

hikarutilmitt
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):So Samus is 2 characters in one?" , posted Sat 21 Jul 11:28post reply

quote:
Samus's final smash forces a change into Zero Suit Samus.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/samus.html

And they're bringing back more music from the SNES Starfox! IMHO, the SNES version had the best music followed by the GC Namco game. But that's just me.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music05.html

So is the music going to be one piece per composer or will they have more than one? I really like that Michiko Naruke is involved, as I really enjoy her style, and Motoi Sakuraba should easily churn out some great music as well. I just want more than one piece for each of them.

ecchi
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Yoshi and Rumble Falls" , posted Wed 25 Jul 02:51:post reply

Now his Egg Toss can work as a third jump (finally!), and he looks exactly like his Mario Party/Super Mario Sunshine/etc incarnations. I've always preferred his original SMW design and his bark/squeak (?) sound. Rumble Falls takes the place of Icicle Mountain...why?? That stage is such a nuisance that my friends and I disabled it from random select! Hopefully the vertical scrolling is at a slow, steady pace because you had to focus more on keeping up with the stage than fighting.

edit: No more DK rap?

[this message was edited by ecchi on Wed 25 Jul 03:03]

Just a Person
942th Post

"Re(1):Yoshi and Rumble Falls" , posted Wed 25 Jul 04:10post reply

quote:
Now his Egg Toss can work as a third jump (finally!), and he looks exactly like his Mario Party/Super Mario Sunshine/etc incarnations. I've always preferred his original SMW design and his bark/squeak (?) sound. Rumble Falls takes the place of Icicle Mountain...why?? That stage is such a nuisance that my friends and I disabled it from random select! Hopefully the vertical scrolling is at a slow, steady pace because you had to focus more on keeping up with the stage than fighting.

edit: No more DK rap?

Yoshi was a quite obvious choice, actually. His music was one of the first released ones, and one of the already revealed stages is based in his games, as well.

I hope Sakurai decides to reveal soon the new characters. The really new ones; we already know Meta-Knight is in it, and some characters from Melee are obviously returning (Captain Falcon, Luigi, Peach...), so their comeback isn't exactly a surprise...

About the DK rap, it would be a great addition. But if it's the DK64 rap, its composer needs to rework the lyrics (I mean, Diddy may be a playable character, but Chunky, Tiny and Lanky will most likely be out of it).

ZamIAm
1648th Post

"Re(2):Yoshi and Rumble Falls" , posted Wed 25 Jul 04:39post reply

quote:
About the DK rap, it would be a great addition. But if it's the DK64 rap, its composer needs to rework the lyrics (I mean, Diddy may be a playable character, but Chunky, Tiny and Lanky will most likely be out of it).

You can't change the DK rap lyrics! I mean, where else do you expect to get brilliant lines like "If he shoots ya, IT'S GONNA HURT!" On a more serious note, it would just sound weird if they changed it.

ecchi
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Yoshi and Rumble Falls" , posted Fri 27 Jul 04:17post reply

I like the DK rap, and the lyrics are perfect the way they are. I mean, c'mon, "Walnuts, peanuts, pineapple smells. Grapes, melons, oranges, and coconut shells?" It's so campy! I'm thinking Rumble Falls will have stage music taken from DK: Jungle Beat or a remixed composition of the original tune.

Another update: Skyworld (Pit's stage) and footstool jump. The description is pretty vague so I could be wrong, but it sounds like every character can do a meteor smash while performing this technique on a mid-air opponent

Just a Person
943th Post

"Re(4):Another Assist Trophy... I guess" , posted Fri 27 Jul 21:12post reply

quote:
I like the DK rap, and the lyrics are perfect the way they are. I mean, c'mon, "Walnuts, peanuts, pineapple smells. Grapes, melons, oranges, and coconut shells?" It's so campy! I'm thinking Rumble Falls will have stage music taken from DK: Jungle Beat or a remixed composition of the original tune.

Another update: Skyworld (Pit's stage) and footstool jump. The description is pretty vague so I could be wrong, but it sounds like every character can do a meteor smash while performing this technique on a mid-air opponent

Sure, I'm not saying there's anything wrong about the DK rap melody or lyrics. It's just that it would sound weird when it comes to the parts of the song that refer to Chunky, Lanky and Tiny, when other Kongs probably have more chance to be in it (even as Assist Trophies) than them (i.e. Cranky, Dixie, Funky, Wrinkly's ghost...).

Oh, and speaking about Assist Trophies, it seems that Knuckle Joe will be one of them. I have no idea about who is he, but it seems he's from Kirby's games.

Pollyanna
2310th Post

"Re(5):Another Assist Trophy... I guess" , posted Fri 27 Jul 21:21post reply

I'm happy to see love for the DK rap. I don't like any of the Donkey Kong games or characters, but that song is so amazingly and delightfully bad that I'd hate to see it go. Nothing beats a room full of people singing along and cursing each other while they're playing.

GekigangerV
1400th Post

"Re(6):Another Assist Trophy... I guess" , posted Sat 28 Jul 02:31post reply

Knuckle Joe is cool, I need to play Kirby Super Star again. I would have liked to have seen Rick the Hamster or Kine the Ocean Starfish Or a double team where Rick ride Kine.

Time Mage
2588th Post

"Ike!" , posted Thu 2 Aug 16:13post reply

First new character announced since the website opened, and it's Ike from FE9/FE10. I really like the choice, he's one of my favourite lords of the FE games I've played. And he comes equipped with Durandal!

Good, good.

Just a Person
946th Post

"Re(1):Ike!" , posted Thu 2 Aug 21:07post reply

quote:
First new character announced since the website opened, and it's Ike from FE9/FE10. I really like the choice, he's one of my favourite lords of the FE games I've played. And he comes equipped with Durandal!

Good, good.

I'm not very familiar with the FE series, but Ike looks quite similar to Marth. Were they any different in their respective games?

Anyway, if they are also similar in gameplay, probably Marth will be one of the characters in Melee who will not be returning for this one...

TiamatRoar
772th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Ike!" , posted Fri 3 Aug 04:58post reply

quote:

I'm not very familiar with the FE series, but Ike looks quite similar to Marth. Were they any different in their respective games?

The most that the majority of units in FE games can do is Attack and that's it, so I doubt there are a lot of differences between Ike and Marth in that respect.

Just a Person
948th Post

"New adventure mode + another character" , posted Fri 3 Aug 21:24post reply

Today, the SSBB revealed another game mode, called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary". It is described as a robust side-scrolling action game, it has a storyline told by quick movies, and it also emphasizes character development. Quite cool, doesn't it seem?

Oh, and we can include Princess Peach among the characters now. Although she wasn't described yet, nor her render has been shown, but she appears in the new video, along Mario, Zelda and Kirby.

(speaking about character files, isn't it weird that Meta-Knight is confirmed but didn't get one of his own yet?)

Burning Ranger
1498th Post

"Kid Icarus Theme (plus other stuff)" , posted Sat 11 Aug 21:56post reply

Kid Icarus's BGM has been revealed. Sounds reminiscent of the SSBM Metroid theme. Still, it sounds like it will be good music to fight to.

Oh... and now apparently there's a badge you can wear that gives invulnerability to projectiles. Kind of... dumb...

Pollyanna
2324th Post

"Re(1):Kid Icarus Theme (plus other stuff)" , posted Sun 12 Aug 05:00post reply

quote:

Oh... and now apparently there's a badge you can wear that gives invulnerability to projectiles. Kind of... dumb...

*sobs* I was so happy to see the Franklin Badge! What a hurtful thing to say!

C'monnnnn Claus. Screw Lucas, I want Claus.

Time Mage
2589th Post

"Pokémon trainer?" , posted Mon 13 Aug 18:25post reply

Hah, this, I wasn't expecting: A new character, called "Pokémon trainer" who doesn't fight, but rather controls 3 different pokémon: Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, and remains in the background himself. Can be interesting to use.

Pollyanna
2325th Post

"Re(1):Pokémon trainer?" , posted Mon 13 Aug 18:59post reply

The Pokemon trainer is a cool idea, especially from a gameplay perspective. Unfortunately, his pokemon are lame and he looks like crap.

But then again, what do I know about Pokemon?

Still...new characters! I finally hunted down a Wii, so when Smash Bros comes out, I won't have to kill myself.

Time Mage
2590th Post

"Re(2):Pokémon trainer?" , posted Mon 13 Aug 21:35post reply

quote:
The Pokemon trainer is a cool idea, especially from a gameplay perspective. Unfortunately, his pokemon are lame and he looks like crap.

But then again, what do I know about Pokemon?

Still...new characters! I finally hunted down a Wii, so when Smash Bros comes out, I won't have to kill myself.

Well, the pokémon trainer is basically the same as the one in the first game / Ash from the anime. However, I wish he used different pokémon, too. Squirtle is lame, and Venusaur could be replaced by something cooler, like Sceptile. Charizard is a fine choice, even if it's maybe too over used everywhere.

Just a Person
949th Post

"Re(1):Pokémon trainer?" , posted Tue 14 Aug 02:53post reply

quote:
Hah, this, I wasn't expecting: A new character, called "Pokémon trainer" who doesn't fight, but rather controls 3 different pokémon: Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, and remains in the background himself. Can be interesting to use.

Okay, so he doesn't fight... but can he be beaten??

I mean, it's so unfair that these kids always use their pocket monsters to battle for their own selfish interests... I'd love to kick the Pokémon trainer's butt with any other character...

Amakusa
726th Post

"Re(2):Pokémon trainer?" , posted Wed 15 Aug 13:01post reply

quote:

Okay, so he doesn't fight... but can he be beaten??

He's beaten when he runs out of Pokemon; chances are you have to beat all 3 of them in order to win.

And overall its an interesting choice-- trainer from the first game, using the three starters, each in a different stage of evolution (initial type Squirtle, 1st evolution Ivysaur, and 2nd evolution Charizard)

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Pollyanna
2327th Post

"Re(3):Pokémon trainer?" , posted Wed 15 Aug 15:05post reply

quote:

He's beaten when he runs out of Pokemon; chances are you have to beat all 3 of them in order to win.

No, they share one "lifebar". Switching out is like doing a special move.

It'd be kinda cool if there were different trainers to use. It'll also be fun to see him try to keep up on some of the levels.

Iggy
8099th Post

"Re(4):Pokémon trainer?" , posted Wed 15 Aug 18:25post reply

quote:
It'd be kinda cool if there were different trainers to use. It'll also be fun to see him try to keep up on some of the levels.

Since he doesn't have a name, that's unlikely... The others would be called "Pokémon trainer 2" and so forth. But it would be nice...

Also, I agree I would like to be able to kick him in the nuts at the end of the fight for having all the Pokémon do his job and taking credit for it.
And for having an Ivyzaur when a Bulbizaur is TEH SEX.

TiamatRoar
774th Post

"Re(5):Pokémon trainer?" , posted Thu 16 Aug 03:42:post reply

quote:

Since he doesn't have a name, that's unlikely... The others would be called "Pokémon trainer 2" and so forth. But it would be nice

Well, they could do it like they did in Melee where you could sorta play as Daisy or Blood Falcon (Mario in Wario colors doesn't count, but Yellow Peach and Red Falcion actually DID transform their models into that of Daisy and Blood Falcon).

[this message was edited by TiamatRoar on Thu 16 Aug 03:43]

Just a Person
950th Post

"Peach arrives!!" , posted Fri 17 Aug 21:55post reply

As said before, she's in the game. Today, Peach was officially confirmed.

Strangely, IMO, her face looks less detailed now than it looked in SSB:Melee...

JJWE
564th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Peach arrives!!" , posted Sat 18 Aug 05:24post reply

quote:

I wouldn't necessarily say that. If you compare it to, say, http://www.ubergaming.net/games/Melee/images/Peach.jpg.

She's a bit differently shaded, it seems, but apart from that it looks like she's retained her plastic-y, doll like looks.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

Just a Person
951th Post

"Re(2):Peach arrives!!" , posted Sat 18 Aug 06:04post reply

quote:
I wouldn't necessarily say that. If you compare it to, say, http://www.ubergaming.net/games/Melee/images/Peach.jpg.

She's a bit differently shaded, it seems, but apart from that it looks like she's retained her plastic-y, doll like looks.

Well... yeah, maybe.

Still, I liked her Melee render better than this Brawl one. There, she actually looked less plastic and more human; you could add spiky ears to her and she could perfectly fit as a Legend of Zelda character. Now I don't think she looks as good as Link or Zelda.

Although this doesn't make any difference to me; I dislike Peach anyway... (Daisy and Pauline rule!!)

Just a Person
952th Post

"HERE COMES THE NEW CHALLENGER!!" , posted Wed 22 Aug 20:21post reply

Heh, this sentence from SFII is classic...

Anyway, Diddy Kong was announced today as another new playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I'd rather have Dixie as a playable character, but still, it's always great having another Kong in the game!

(BTW, Meta-Knight still doesn't appear in the Characters section of the site... maybe Sakurai forgot about him??)

Pollyanna
2332th Post

"Re(3):Peach arrives!!" , posted Thu 23 Aug 14:31post reply

quote:
Daisy and Pauline rule!!

I'm not sure what rules about Pauline. She only has 2 traits.
1) She is a victim
2) She kind of looks like a hooker (?)

As for Diddy, I hate him and I think he looks like garbage (poorly-rendered generic little boy monkey?). So much like garbage that he's stinking up the game, but that's only my opinion and if people are happy to see him in the game, then it was a good decision to include him.

Just a Person
953th Post

"Re(4):Peach arrives!!" , posted Thu 23 Aug 20:57post reply

quote:
Daisy and Pauline rule!!

I'm not sure what rules about Pauline. She only has 2 traits.
1) She is a victim
2) She kind of looks like a hooker (?)

Yup, that's the second trait that makes her so special...

...Just kidding! I think she looks nice, and she could be better developed into the Mario games. After all, she's the first lady to be paired with Mario, right?

Anyway, Daisy is still my favorite among the three of them. It's always great seeing her into the sports/party games, but it would be nice if she could appear into a real Mario game (like the Paper Mario series, for instance).

quote:
As for Diddy, I hate him and I think he looks like garbage (poorly-rendered generic little boy monkey?). So much like garbage that he's stinking up the game, but that's only my opinion and if people are happy to see him in the game, then it was a good decision to include him.

Well, Diddy isn't a favorite of mine either, but the reason I'm glad is that until Brawl, DK was the only Kong featured in the Smash Bros. games, and that was unfair to a very popular franchise. As I said, I think Dixie would be a much better option (or even Lanky Kong, who is kinda cool), but Diddy is the most popular Kong after DK, so...

Gojira
2208th Post

"Re(5):Peach arrives!!" , posted Thu 23 Aug 21:28post reply

quote:

Anyway, Daisy is still my favorite among the three of them. It's always great seeing her into the sports/party games, but it would be nice if she could appear into a real Mario game (like the Paper Mario series, for instance).

Super Mario Land wasn't real enough for you?

Just a Person
954th Post

"Re(6):Peach arrives!!" , posted Thu 23 Aug 23:14post reply

quote:

Yes, but it was the only "canon" Mario game I remember that she took part. I think Daisy deserves more than that...

Pollyanna
2333th Post

"Re(5):Peach arrives!!" , posted Fri 24 Aug 07:24post reply

quote:

Yeah, I agree. I wish they'd make a Mario game that incorporated lots of the characters. Like, maybe each world would deal with a different character set with Wario and Waluigi as recurring villains/nuisances.

Burning Ranger
1506th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(7):Peach arrives!!" , posted Sun 26 Aug 00:05post reply

quote:

Yes, but it was the only "canon" Mario game I remember that she took part. I think Daisy deserves more than that...

What about Pauline, the girl from Donkey Kong?

Just a Person
957th Post

"Re(6):Peach arrives!!" , posted Sun 26 Aug 01:39:post reply

quote:

Yeah, I agree. I wish they'd make a Mario game that incorporated lots of the characters. Like, maybe each world would deal with a different character set with Wario and Waluigi as recurring villains/nuisances.

That would be great! Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Birdo, even Toadette... all these characters deserve to be in at least one real Mario game (real = not another Party or sports game). Since the Paper Mario series has an RPG environment with a lot of characters, maybe they could appear on the next game. But even if they are in the sequel to Super Mario Galaxy, that would already be great!

quote:
What about Pauline, the girl from Donkey Kong?

Sure! Pauline should take part of it, as well.

Actually, she would be an interesting addition to the Mario regular plot; it would be nice (and funny) to see how Peach would react to a girl that flirts with Mario all the time (and as we saw on Super Princess Peach, it's not a good idea to make Peach get angry...). That wouldn't work with Daisy, since she was established as Luigi's love interest (and he as hers).

Plus, Donkey Kong could kidnap her constantly, just to keep up the gag.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Sun 26 Aug 02:01]

Burning Ranger
1508th Post

"ANDROSSS!!!!" , posted Thu 30 Aug 06:25:post reply

Holy....

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist06.html

Now I really want to see a Hi-Res SNES StarFox...

[this message was edited by Burning Ranger on Thu 30 Aug 06:25]

sfried
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):ANDROSSS!!!!" , posted Thu 30 Aug 12:22post reply

quote:
Holy....

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist06.html

Now I really want to see a Hi-Res SNES StarFox...

Me too, but without the slowdown.

Just a Person
966th Post

"And what about Petey Piranha??" , posted Thu 30 Aug 21:02post reply

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea04.html

He seems to be the first boss from The Subspace Emissary (a.k.a. Adventure Mode). A huge boss, may I say.

The scary part is that he fights with two cages, one of them imprisoning Zelda and the other one, Peach. And it seems that the poor princesses will have a really hard time being slammed in the ground (and in Kirby, if he doesn't take care...).

And the curious part is that the player is able to save one of them - ONLY one. Makes me wonder what happens to the one that's not saved, and which one should be saved. I like Zelda much better, but Peach is just too soft to handle all this suffering...

ZamIAm
1658th Post

"Re(1):And what about Petey Piranha??" , posted Sat 1 Sep 09:46post reply

quote:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea04.html

He seems to be the first boss from The Subspace Emissary (a.k.a. Adventure Mode). A huge boss, may I say.

The scary part is that he fights with two cages, one of them imprisoning Zelda and the other one, Peach. And it seems that the poor princesses will have a really hard time being slammed in the ground (and in Kirby, if he doesn't take care...).

And the curious part is that the player is able to save one of them - ONLY one. Makes me wonder what happens to the one that's not saved, and which one should be saved. I like Zelda much better, but Peach is just too soft to handle all this suffering...

Which is why we rescue Zelda and let Daisy assume Peach's throne. That said, with the title of this mode, I wonder if that means Tatanga might be a boss in this...

Sensenic
1581th Post

"The... the... the music..." , posted Fri 7 Sep 17:19post reply

They did it again. It's not only the composers, it's the music system too! It's having so many classics arranged!

LttP's The Dark World!

OMG! I'm sooo getting the OST of this game...

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

Iggy
8140th Post

"Re(1):The... the... the music..." , posted Fri 7 Sep 18:15post reply

quote:
They did it again. It's not only the composers, it's the music system too! It's having so many classics arranged!

The CD is pretty.

Burning Ranger
1510th Post

"Re(1):The... the... the music..." , posted Sun 9 Sep 12:24post reply

quote:

LttP's The Dark World!

OMG! I'm sooo getting the OST of this game...

I have been impressed with the music samples from Brawl. The composers always find a way to make the game sound "epic." Hopefully, we'll see more "epic" versions of the game themes we know and love.

Just a Person
972th Post

"Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Fri 14 Sep 22:10post reply

They were announced today, at the SSBB website. They still look cartoony, although with some more details in their clothes.

I'm glad the Ice Climbers made it! There were rumours that they might be left out of Brawl, as well as Young Link and Mr.Game & Watch. I don't really care about Young Link, but I hope Mr.Game & Watch is also in Brawl...

ZamIAm
1661th Post

"Re(1):Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Sun 16 Sep 23:34post reply

quote:
They were announced today, at the SSBB website. They still look cartoony, although with some more details in their clothes.

I'm glad the Ice Climbers made it! There were rumours that they might be left out of Brawl, as well as Young Link and Mr.Game & Watch. I don't really care about Young Link, but I hope Mr.Game & Watch is also in Brawl...

Woohoo! Things just keep getting better and better. I wish the site would update the movelists faster, though. BTW, did anyone mention that Meta Knight is finally up?

Just a Person
973th Post

"Re(2):Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Mon 17 Sep 21:09post reply

quote:

Woohoo! Things just keep getting better and better. I wish the site would update the movelists faster, though. BTW, did anyone mention that Meta Knight is finally up?

Yeah, that's true. Meta-Knight was finally remembered as a character in Brawl.

So now we have 18 Nintendo characters (Zero Suit Samus is rather a variation of the same character than a real new character), plus Solid Snake. Let's see who else is going to join the party...

ZamIAm
1662th Post

"Re(3):Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Tue 18 Sep 03:51post reply

quote:
So now we have 18 Nintendo characters (Zero Suit Samus is rather a variation of the same character than a real new character)...

Actually, you can almost argue her being a new character since it seems like she will have an entirely different move list.

Just a Person
974th Post

"Re(4):Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Tue 18 Sep 07:43post reply

quote:
So now we have 18 Nintendo characters (Zero Suit Samus is rather a variation of the same character than a real new character)...

Actually, you can almost argue her being a new character since it seems like she will have an entirely different move list.

Yes, but at the same time, it is the same person, and it seems that Zero Suit Samus is obtained while using the regular Samus; kinda like Zelda and Sheik. That's why I don't consider her as a different character (I mean, gameplay-wise she's totally different, but storyline-wise, she's still Samus...).

I wonder if that guy from Super Punch-Out!! (Little Mac or something like that) will be a playable character or at least an assist trophy. That would be nice. Same for Captain Olimar (Pikmin) and Ibis (Pilotwings 64)...

ZamIAm
1663th Post

"Re(5):Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Wed 19 Sep 00:57post reply

quote:
I wonder if that guy from Super Punch-Out!! (Little Mac or something like that) will be a playable character or at least an assist trophy. That would be nice. Same for Captain Olimar (Pikmin) and Ibis (Pilotwings 64)...

Little Mac or Doc (his coach) would be cool choices for characters and are about the only Nintendo characters I can think of off the top of my head who I want in and I think actually have a shot at making it in. For instance, I'd have preferred Team Rocket over Pokemon Trainer but I never thought they'd actually make it in.

sfried
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Sat 22 Sep 06:29post reply

Snake moves, music, and smash attacks announced.

I wonder what his Final Smash will be like?

Burning Ranger
1512th Post

"Re(7):Here come... THE ICE CLIMBERS!!" , posted Sat 22 Sep 07:10post reply

quote:

I wonder what his Final Smash will be like?

He'll remove his face and BEHOLD! It will be Raiden.

Hope there's more good MGS music in the game.

sfried
31th Post

Rare Customer

"MR. RESETTI" , posted Wed 26 Sep 16:41post reply

Oh God...

We gonna get lecture'd.

Just a Person
990th Post

"Another new character revealed!" , posted Tue 2 Oct 05:45post reply

Today, another playable character was revealed: it is Lucas, from Mother 3.

He does not look very original, though. Just like Ike seems to play exactly like Marth, Lucas seems to play very similarly to Ness.

Could it mean that Marth and Ness are not returning this time???

Evenor
599th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Another new character revealed!" , posted Tue 2 Oct 06:13post reply

quote:
Could it mean that Marth and Ness are not returning this time???

HOPEFULLY YES.

Well, I actually like Ness! However, if bringing him back means wasting a (precious) roster space, I'll settle for a clone character.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Pollyanna
2349th Post

"Re(1):Another new character revealed!" , posted Tue 2 Oct 07:40post reply

quote:

He does not look very original, though. Just like Ike seems to play exactly like Marth, Lucas seems to play very similarly to Ness.

Eh? But Ike doesn't play exactly like Marth. I thought we had seen a move or two already that are different (and we haven't seen many moves). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say "similar" not "exactly".

Also, Lucas should be similar to Ness, but not exact. I'm disappointed to see him, not because I like Ness (Ness doesn't really have much of a personality to like), but because there are so many better Mother 3 characters. My only consolation is that I'm sure he'll have a Claus alternate color.

sfried
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):MGS level/voice cast revealed" , posted Tue 2 Oct 18:42:post reply

In other news, Snake's new video confirms the return of dynamic entries(?). Also, some Shadow Moses level and Codec sequences revealed.

What's nice to hear is that they even used the English cast of MGS for the English version.

[this message was edited by sfried on Tue 2 Oct 18:47]

Burning Ranger
1517th Post

"__!__" , posted Wed 3 Oct 06:57post reply

"Mei Ling! Samus took her clothes off!"

This is just fanboy awesomeness.

Now I hope there's other non-NIN characters besides Snake.

sfried
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):__!__" , posted Tue 9 Oct 17:08post reply

Ashley's Theme is up as well as Kirby's Final Smash (Cooking). Also, Japan gets extra music in form of one of those DS titles that teaches you how to cook (Not Cooking Mama. Something a little bit more plain looking with narration).

shindekudasai
171th Post

Regular Customer

"SONIC CONFIRMED" , posted Wed 10 Oct 14:47post reply

http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

GekigangerV
1431th Post

"Re(1):SONIC CONFIRMED" , posted Wed 10 Oct 15:25post reply

quote:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html

I hope we get some good remixes of Sonic Adventure songs.

Juan
4428th Post

"Re(2):SONIC CONFIRMED" , posted Wed 10 Oct 15:29post reply

quote:

I hope we get some good erotic fanfics.

think well your answer

Gojira
2233th Post

"Re(2):SONIC CONFIRMED" , posted Wed 10 Oct 17:23post reply

Incidentally, Sonic's up on Smash Bros Dojo. With movie. In case nobody saw it.

sfried
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):SONIC CONFIRMED" , posted Wed 10 Oct 17:56post reply

quote:

Something the website hasn't mentioned yet, but...
online co-op has been confirmed.

I guess that's the reason why it's delayed. But who wouldn't want online co-op?

Just a Person
992th Post

"Re(4):SONIC CONFIRMED" , posted Wed 10 Oct 20:10post reply

quote:

Something the website hasn't mentioned yet, but...
online co-op has been confirmed.

I guess that's the reason why it's delayed. But who wouldn't want online co-op?

Geez, you guys are too fast with the news...

Anyway, Sonic's in! Yay! And there's not only co-op mode (double yay!), but an ONLINE co-op mode (triple yay!)!

Now, who could be the third and last non-Nintendo character in Brawl?? I hope there's still some chance for Chun-Li...

Burning Ranger
1519th Post

"SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Wed 10 Oct 20:22:post reply

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

With Sonic, this game just got insanely epic. I think we're going to see a lot more groundbreaking characters now since we're closer to release. Now I can't wait to see what assist trophies are in the game. And of course, the music!

[this message was edited by Burning Ranger on Wed 10 Oct 20:24]

Just a Person
993th Post

"Re(1):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Wed 10 Oct 21:50post reply

quote:

With Sonic, this game just got insanely epic. I think we're going to see a lot more groundbreaking characters now since we're closer to release. Now I can't wait to see what assist trophies are in the game. And of course, the music!

Yeah, the music seems to be really promising in this game! Actually, EVERYTHING seems to be very promising in Brawl; its hype and replay value may be even bigger than Melee's.

As for Assist Trophies, two words: DIXIE KONG. If Sakurai adds just that one, that will make me satisfied.

Mokona
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Wed 10 Oct 22:53:post reply

quote:

Yeah, the music seems to be really promising in this game! Actually, EVERYTHING seems to be very promising in Brawl; its hype and replay value may be even bigger than Melee's.

As for Assist Trophies, two words: DIXIE KONG. If Sakurai adds just that one, that will make me satisfied.

This game was already a must-buy... now it's truly a "must buy a Wii just for this game only" game (I already have a Wii though, and I was planning on buying this anyway...)
Edit:... imagine if they get some squenix characters in the mix (Nintendo and squenix did it for Mario 3 on 3 Hoops.)... just imagine the possibilities...

Blah!

[this message was edited by Mokona on Wed 10 Oct 22:55]

Iron D
2798th Post

"Re(3):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Wed 10 Oct 23:02:post reply

Sonic huh?

WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

Edit: Looking at the vid, it looks like Sonic fights alot like he does in Sonic Battle. And Super Sonic (most likely as a Final Smash)....that is IMMENSELY epic.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Wed 10 Oct 23:06]

shooo-rook
310th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Wed 10 Oct 23:59post reply

quote:
Sonic huh?

WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

Edit: Looking at the vid, it looks like Sonic fights alot like he does in Sonic Battle. And Super Sonic (most likely as a Final Smash)....that is IMMENSELY epic.

I am very excited

פ ר ש נ ו
ר ע ב ת ן
ש ב ד ב ש
נ ת ב ע ר
ו נ ש ר ף

Just a Person
994th Post

"Re(5):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 02:47post reply

I just saw the two recent videos on the Brawl site. The one showing the game is very, very cool! And the song is very epic... and Dixie Kong appears (just as an ordinary trophy, but let's hope she at least makes it to the game as an Assist Trophy)!

Now, the Sonic video... I love Sonic, but him coming and pushing Mario for no reason (and later beating Mario, DK and even Peach) was quite rude... I hope Mario "returns him the favor" later.

Now, if only Chun-Li could be the third non-Nintendo playable character... it would be a dream come true to me...

sfried
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 02:53post reply

quote:
Now, if only Chun-Li could be the third non-Nintendo playable character... it would be a dream come true to me...

Why Chun-Li? Why not Mega Man?

Spoon
1426th Post

"Re(7):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 02:55post reply

quote:

WHY NOT TWINBEE YOU BASTARDS

Iggy
8189th Post

"Re(8):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 02:59post reply

If two companies have a chance to appear in this game, it's Namco (Link in Calibur 2, Mario Kart AC) and Capcom (Zelda GB/GBA).

So, yeah, Pacman and Rockman, CAMON.

Just a Person
995th Post

"Re(7):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 03:44post reply

quote:

...Because I like her better.

Plus, the Smash Bros. games definitely needs more female fighters. So far, we only have Samus, Zelda, Peach and Nana... and Nana is just Popo's assistant...

And who could be better to join the girls in Brawl than the first POPULAR female fighter from the videogames' History?? (yeah, I know before Chun-Li there was that girl from Yie-Ar-something, but honestly, many people don't even know she exists).

Gojira
2234th Post

"Re(3):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 05:20post reply

quote:

Edit:... imagine if they get some squenix characters in the mix (Nintendo and squenix did it for Mario 3 on 3 Hoops.)... just imagine the possibilities...

If Cloud shows up in this game I will have to defecate on it out of principle

Amakusa
729th Post

"Re(6):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 05:37post reply

quote:

Now, the Sonic video... I love Sonic, but him coming and pushing Mario for no reason (and later beating Mario, DK and even Peach) was quite rude... I hope Mario "returns him the favor" later.

The Snake video was essentially the same thing and nobody complained about that one.

burning ranger
1519th Post

"Re(4):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 06:14post reply

quote:

If Cloud shows up in this game I will have to defecate on it out of principle

Probably won't happen because Cloud never appeared on a Nintendo console...unless I'm mistaken?

Then again, Final Fantasy did originally appear on a Nintendo console--what if they pulled some crap where Cloud did appear?

Anyway, here's hoping for a Burning Rangers assist trophy...

Just a Person
996th Post

"Re(7):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 06:15post reply

quote:

The Snake video was essentially the same thing and nobody complained about that one.

Yeah, but Snake's video was more of a gag of Snake's way of acting, making comments on Nintendo's characters and all... he even compliments Mario; plus, he doesn't hit Mario in the CG, only in the gameplay videos.

Sonic hitting Mario in the CG video is just rude. If he passed by, then Spin Jumped at the Goomba and kept running, leaving Mario confused about what happened, THAT would be funny.

TreIII
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 08:15post reply

quote:

Probably won't happen because Cloud never appeared on a Nintendo console...unless I'm mistaken?

Only a BRIEF stint in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA. And that wasn't even a FF game.

quote:
Then again, Final Fantasy did originally appear on a Nintendo console--what if they pulled some crap where Cloud did appear?

I doubt it. Snake was able to get by because he's actually had a few games on Nintendo platforms, but Cloud never made any sort of splash amongst the Nintendo faithfuls.

If Square-Enix was destined to get that last spot, I would think that they would use some one who would be able to better strike a chord with the Nintendo fan base. Any one from Geno (SMRPG), a Black Mage, or some one from FFs 4 and 6 would probably be fair game in this light. Hell, putting in Kain from FF4 would probably be a nice way to advertise for the upcoming remake on the DS...

Even so, my heart of hearts wants to see Rockman. The ORIGINAL model, too, not X or any of the would be pretenders.

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Amakusa
730th Post

"Re(8):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 10:49post reply

quote:

Yeah, but Snake's video was more of a gag of Snake's way of acting, making comments on Nintendo's characters and all... he even compliments Mario; plus, he doesn't hit Mario in the CG, only in the gameplay videos.

Sonic hitting Mario in the CG video is just rude.

So just how is that not consistent with the perceived relationship between Sonic and Mario, really?

I think you just have it in for Sonic if you can somehow excuse Snake breaking Mario's neck for that.

Just a Person
997th Post

"Re(9):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Thu 11 Oct 21:25post reply

quote:

So just how is that not consistent with the perceived relationship between Sonic and Mario, really?

Well, although they were rivals in terms of selling, it doesn't mean that Sonic and Mario should punch each other for no reason whenever they meet, I think.

quote:
I think you just have it in for Sonic if you can somehow excuse Snake breaking Mario's neck for that.

Not really. Actually, I prefer Sonic over Mario (although I usually prefer the games from Nintendo over the ones from Sega).

And... Snake breaks Mario's neck??

*watches the video again*

OMG, he does! That bastard... Now I hope Mario "returns Snake the favor", as well...

Freeter
4402th Post

"GAH-SAY!!!" , posted Fri 12 Oct 01:02post reply

Technically, Sonic and Mario should have both died since Sonic had no rings and Mario was little.

I wonder if they'll bring back the TV sets...

sfried
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2): Dynamic Entry!" , posted Fri 12 Oct 05:16:post reply

Character intros are back, folks. (3-2-1 countdown a la SSB64 instead of Melee's simple "Ready? Go!".)

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 12 Oct 05:19]

Burning Ranger
1521th Post

"Re(6):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Fri 12 Oct 07:42post reply

quote:

Even so, my heart of hearts wants to see Rockman. The ORIGINAL model, too, not X or any of the would be pretenders.

Seconded.

But give him a different weapon set from MvC?

sfried
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Anytime Camera Mode!" , posted Fri 12 Oct 16:08post reply

Anytime snapshot mode confirmed. Save them on SD cards or send via Wi-Fi. One proposed mode is censored out and may or may not be in the final.

nobinobita
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Sun 14 Oct 04:12post reply

quote:

I think the only way to top Sonic is to put Astro Boy in the game. Or maybe Mickey Mouse, but Astro Boy is cooler.

TwinBee is also acceptable.

Ishmael
2959th Post

"Re(1):Anytime Camera Mode!" , posted Sun 14 Oct 04:26post reply

quote:
Anytime snapshot mode confirmed. Save them on SD cards or send via Wi-Fi. One proposed mode is censored out and may or may not be in the final.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you were trying to link to this or to this.

Dr Orochi
517th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"super fighting robot" , posted Sun 14 Oct 07:26post reply

quote:

Seconded.

GET EQUIPPED
WITH
METAL BLADE

Just a Person
999th Post

"Re(9):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Sun 14 Oct 08:14:post reply

quote:

I think the only way to top Sonic is to put Astro Boy in the game. Or maybe Mickey Mouse, but Astro Boy is cooler.

TwinBee is also acceptable.

Well, if Sakurai wants to top the Sonic surprise, I guess he could add... HARRY POTTER!

I doubt J.K.Rowling would ever authorize Nintendo to put Potter in SSB:Brawl, though. Pity...

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Sun 14 Oct 08:17]

Shooo-rook
311th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):SAY-GAH!!!" , posted Sun 14 Oct 09:08post reply

quote:

And... Snake breaks Mario's neck??

*watches the video again*

OMG, he does! That bastard... Now I hope Mario "returns Snake the favor", as well...

I just want Snake's taunt to be "METAL GEAR!!???!?!?!"

פ ר ש נ ו
ר ע ב ת ן
ש ב ד ב ש
נ ת ב ע ר
ו נ ש ר ף

Burning Ranger
1522th Post

"Re(1):super fighting robot" , posted Sun 14 Oct 14:56post reply

quote:

Seconded.

GET EQUIPPED
WITH
METAL BLADE

MESSAGE FROM DR. LIGHT!
ITEM -3- COMPLETED!
GET YOUR WEAPONS READY!

Iggy
8199th Post

"Re(2):super fighting robot" , posted Wed 17 Oct 19:04post reply

That cat pokemon is playable.

Just a Person
999th Post

"Re(3):super fighting robot" , posted Wed 17 Oct 19:28post reply

quote:
That cat pokemon is playable.

Actually, Meowth is not playable. He's just one of the Pokémons that can come out of the Pokéball when it is thrown. Although he would be a better character than Pikachu (yes, I know, Pikachu is the most famous Pokémon and all, but maybe because of the anime, I consider him quite boring...).

BTW, there doesn't seem to be really a difference between the Pokéballs and the Assist Trophies, is there? Well, except that the Pokéballs summon the Pokémons, and the Trophies summon everyone else from Nintendo.

Just a Person
1006th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Little Mac is in it..." , posted Thu 18 Oct 20:37post reply

...but just as another Assist Trophy.

You know, I think Mac would suit MUCH better as a playable character. It would bring some nostalgia and diversity to the Brawl cast, I guess.

Well, but at least he's in. Now Sakurai only needs to put Dixie Kong as another Assist Trophy. And maybe Chun-Li or Harry Potter as the third non-Nintendo character in Brawl...

(at least the Dixie Kong part has some chance of actually happening)

ZamIAm
1672th Post

"Re(1):Little Mac is in it..." , posted Fri 19 Oct 00:05post reply

quote:
...but just as another Assist Trophy.

You know, I think Mac would suit MUCH better as a playable character. It would bring some nostalgia and diversity to the Brawl cast, I guess.

Well, but at least he's in. Now Sakurai only needs to put Dixie Kong as another Assist Trophy. And maybe Chun-Li or Harry Potter as the third non-Nintendo character in Brawl...

(at least the Dixie Kong part has some chance of actually happening)

I wish he was playable but at least he's in. With Sonic announced for Brawl and SF4 confirmed the internet just might break in half. And yeah, I really think Chun Li should be the next non Nintendo character.

edit: I thought Mac had pink gloves?

Just a Person
1007th Post

"Re(2):Little Mac is in it..." , posted Fri 19 Oct 00:19post reply

quote:
I wish he was playable but at least he's in. With Sonic announced for Brawl and SF4 confirmed the internet just might break in half.

Yes... I'm surprised the internet is still fine for now.

quote:
And yeah, I really think Chun Li should be the next non Nintendo character.

Finally someone who agrees with me! Thank you, ZamIAm!

quote:

Yeah, me too... maybe since his return to his glory days on Nintendo, he's trying to change his fashion or something...

ZamIAm
1673th Post

"Re(3):Little Mac is in it..." , posted Fri 19 Oct 07:53post reply

quote:
And yeah, I really think Chun Li should be the next non Nintendo character.

Finally someone who agrees with me! Thank you, ZamIAm!

I meant to say something sooner, but I've been crossing my fingers for Chun Li (well...and Sonic) since way back when the original trailer was revealed with Snake and Nintendo mentioned they intended on having more third parties. Even had a daydream with Peach calling together a meeting/war room scenario/tea party with all the other female characters (with Nana sneaking off from Popo) to reveal her "secret weapon", only for Chun Li to call and cancel since she's already in the field beating the mess out of most of the (human) male characters.

quote:

Yeah, me too... maybe since his return to his glory days on Nintendo, he's trying to change his fashion or something...

Just discovered that the green gloves were from the SNES Super Punch Out: http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/snes/a/suppunch.htm

I still wish he was playable, if anything for the color swap option.

Gojira
2240th Post

"Re(4):Little Mac is in it..." , posted Fri 19 Oct 08:10post reply

Mac always wore green gloves in every Punch Out except for the NES one. Though I don't know if he was called Little Mac in the arcade version.

sfried
41th Post

Rare Customer

"New Subspace Emissary videos!" , posted Fri 19 Oct 12:31:post reply

"Meanwhile, everyone is in a tizzy over the apparent lack of wavedashing and wavelanding, as well as other such moves as dashdancing and..."

In other news, GameTrailers has put up a bunch of new videos from Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 19 Oct 13:32]

Just a Person
1011th Post

"Re(4):Little Mac is in it..." , posted Sat 20 Oct 00:13post reply

quote:
I meant to say something sooner, but I've been crossing my fingers for Chun Li (well...and Sonic) since way back when the original trailer was revealed with Snake and Nintendo mentioned they intended on having more third parties. Even had a daydream with Peach calling together a meeting/war room scenario/tea party with all the other female characters (with Nana sneaking off from Popo) to reveal her "secret weapon", only for Chun Li to call and cancel since she's already in the field beating the mess out of most of the (human) male characters.

That would be BRILLIANT!! Wow, I can even imagine the promotional video (like the ones for Snake and Sonic):

In a pink room (probably Peach's room), we see Peach in front of some curtains. Facing her, are Zelda, Samus (with armor on but without the helmet), Nana, Lyn, and any other girls that appear in Brawl either as playable or as Assist Trophies.

Peach speaks (not sure if she would really talk or just move her lips while a subtext appear below, since most characters in Melee didn't have exact conversations) something like this: "The Super Smash Brawl has always been treated like a boys' game. But this time, we girls have a secret weapon on our side to put us girls on top! Ladies, I present you... THE STRONGEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD!!".

Then the curtains open, and reveal... nothing. Then a phone rings, Peach gets it, and the scene changes to Chun-Li, in one of the Brawl stages, saying: "Sorry about the delay, I'm a little busy right now...". She throws off the phone and engages into battle with Mario and Link (not actual fighting, just them running towards each other).

Finally, some gameplay demonstration with her, and in the end, she appears at Peach's room making her "yata!" victory pose (no jumping, though), while the other girls salute her, cheer and give her applauses.

Capcom, please consider this idea! It could even work as a brilliant way to keep the hype for SF IV...

MegaMan and Ryu are cool, but Chun-Li is THE STRONGEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD... consider that.

Iggy
8210th Post

"Re(1):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Sat 20 Oct 03:13post reply

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10051721632.html

The last Sonic episode sold 1500 copies. The brand is dead.
Sonic's appearance in Smash Bros feels like some sort of morbid joke now.

Well, I never liked Sonic to begin with, so.

Spoon
1435th Post

"Re(5):Little Mac is in it..." , posted Sat 20 Oct 03:44post reply

quote:
Mac always wore green gloves in every Punch Out except for the NES one. Though I don't know if he was called Little Mac in the arcade version.

Will there be an alternate trophy which has Little Mac's colors when he's tired out?

sfried
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Sat 20 Oct 04:01post reply

quote:
http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10051721632.html

The last Sonic episode sold 1500 copies. The brand is dead.
Sonic's appearance in Smash Bros feels like some sort of morbid joke now.

Well, I never liked Sonic to begin with, so.

What's ironic is that Nintendo is making Sonic look even better than what Sega has done over the past years. Perhaps beating the shit out of him will lend to some fullfillment over those who still hold a grudge in the 16-bit era.

"Let's put it to rest, guys. Ninendo is what Genesisn't."

GekigangerV
1452th Post

"Re(3):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Fri 26 Oct 01:03post reply

King Dedede has been added this week. I wanted him for a while and thankfully he made it.

sfried
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Fri 26 Oct 03:16post reply

quote:
King Dedede has been added this week. I wanted him for a while and thankfully he made it.

Sakurai just keeps putting in the Kirby fanservice. Not that that's a bad thing. Always wanted to have my Kirby Super Star 2.5...

Nobinobita
191th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Fri 26 Oct 05:00post reply

quote:

What's ironic is that Nintendo is making Sonic look even better than what Sega has done over the past years.

I love Sonic, and I agree that Nintendo's making him even cooler looking than Sega has (in 3-d that is).

Seeing Nintendo animate sonic is a bit like seeing Capcom animate SNK characters. He just seems so much more alive.

Amakusa
731th Post

"Re(4):Smash Bros Thread Revival!!!" , posted Fri 26 Oct 05:28post reply

quote:

Thanks to this addition the idea of adding rival characters isn't entirely far-fetched; I'm still pullin' for Ridley.

sfried
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Stage Builder!!!" , posted Mon 29 Oct 16:21post reply

Level Editors in my Smash? I guess this should make people shut up about stages being broken.

Smash itself is already broken.

Just a Person
1017th Post

"Re(6):Stage Builder!!!" , posted Wed 31 Oct 01:30:post reply

quote:
Smash itself is already broken.

I don't care if it is broken; SSB:Brawl so far seems to be the most promising and most interesting fighting game I have seen in years.

I mean, look at that Subspace Emissary Mode: unless it is very short, it could even be released as a different game for Wii! And we still have plenty of characters (and unlike Melee, no clones so far...), stages, great music, the "Break the Target" and "Home-Run" minigames, online multiplayer, online tournaments and, today, the Classic mode was revealed, which seems to be simple but fun!

If Nintendo just adds Dixie Kong as an Assist Trophy and either Chun-Li or Harry Potter as the third non-Nintendo fighter, it will be my dream game come true! And even if Nintendo doesn't do it, it'll still be a definite must-buy game!

edit: BTW, according to JEUX-FRANCE, the voice actress of Krystal (from the recent Star Fox games) confirmed that Krystal will be in SSB:Brawl. But she didn't say if Krystal will be a playable character, an Assist Trophy, a regular trophy or just a cameo...

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Wed 31 Oct 01:43]

Iron D
2801th Post

"Re(7):Stage Builder!!!" , posted Wed 31 Oct 04:49post reply

quote:
edit: BTW, according to JEUX-FRANCE, the voice actress of Krystal (from the recent Star Fox games) confirmed that Krystal will be in SSB:Brawl. But she didn't say if Krystal will be a playable character, an Assist Trophy, a regular trophy or just a cameo...

'

Oh...dear god, NO!

Er.....

sfried
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Stage Builder!!!" , posted Wed 31 Oct 11:29post reply

quote:
I don't care if it is broken; SSB:Brawl so far seems to be the most promising and most interesting fighting game I have seen in years.

What I meant to say is Smash is already broken in terms of number of features a fighting game should have, let alone a regular one.

There's just so much to do and it doesn't even matter if you're usually single player kind of version. It's as if you have to love this game one way or another.

shooo-rook
312th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Stage Builder!!!" , posted Sat 3 Nov 00:14post reply

Some competitive "pros" played the playable version at E for all. Apparently you can grab the edge backwards now. And there is a totally different air-dodge system that allows you to jump / attack after air dodging. Also wave dashes have been eliminated because of this new system.

פ ר ש נ ו
ר ע ב ת ן
ש ב ד ב ש
נ ת ב ע ר
ו נ ש ר ף

Burning Ranger
1530th Post

"Gray Fox!" , posted Fri 9 Nov 07:57post reply

The Ninja was announced as an assist trophy.

And that Fire Emblem game is pretty boss. Makes me want to actually play the game.