Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anthology? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1945 Views )

crazymike
1322th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anthology?" , posted Wed 13 Jun 12:22post reply

Neverminding the horribly stiff mechanics and questionable hitbox system, should I buy this for the pure camp that it was and ultimately put 20 dollars into the pocket of SNK so that we may actually get a domestic Neo Geo Battle Colliseum?

Replies:

Gojira
2156th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anth" , posted Wed 13 Jun 12:27post reply

How about we give them the wrong message and support this.

Are you bad person?

Juke Joint Jezebel
3567th Post

"Re(2):Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anth" , posted Wed 13 Jun 12:50post reply

quote:
How about we give them the wrong message and support this.

Are you bad person?

if you don't buy AOF: Anthology, you support terrorism

Juan
4388th Post

"RYO RIDES HIS MOTORCYCLE" , posted Wed 13 Jun 13:44post reply

quote:
Neverminding the horribly stiff mechanics and questionable hitbox system, should I buy this for the pure camp that it was and ultimately put 20 dollars into the pocket of SNK so that we may actually get a domestic Neo Geo Battle Colliseum?

Go to the gym to learn haoshokoken!
Break the ice for vitality!
Slice the bottles for spirit!

ok

Ishmael
2848th Post

"Re(1):RYO RIDES HIS MOTORCYCLE" , posted Wed 13 Jun 22:02post reply

INITIATE SUPER DEATH BLOW!

The AoF games play exactly like you remember them. Whether that's good or bad depends upon your feelings towards the series.

As for the set itself it's a very bare bones compilation. Other retro packs give you more bang for your buck but considering that AoF can be found for around US$15 new it's not that big of a disappointment. Continuing to support the codependent relationship that SNKP has with its fans is a noble enough cause but I bought the AoF game in order to support the larger PS2 game movement. At this point weird little games are being released on the PS2 at bargain prices. If you're not overly picky about what you play it's a great time to own the system.

exodus
3902th Post

"Re(1):Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anth" , posted Thu 14 Jun 01:57post reply

quote:

I'm gonna.

Hagen de Merak
954th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anth" , posted Mon 18 Jun 02:05post reply

quote:

if this doesn't make you want to buy it, nothing will.

crazymike
1323th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anth" , posted Mon 18 Jun 02:09post reply

quote:
this doesn't make you want to buy it, nothing will.

I thought I was watching a bad movie version of Shen Mue actually.

Baines
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anth" , posted Mon 18 Jun 04:28post reply

quote:

That kind of logic approaches that of Battered Wife Syndrome.

Undead Fred
2868th Post

"Re(3):Is it my American duty to buy AOF: Anth" , posted Mon 18 Jun 08:25post reply

quote:
this doesn't make you want to buy it, nothing will.

I thought I was watching a bad movie version of Shen Mue actually.

Robert would like to know if Ryo saw a black car speeding away on the day of the incident.

Juan
4391th Post

"Re(2):RYO RIDES HIS MOTORCYCLE" , posted Mon 18 Jun 09:28post reply

quote:
INITIATE SUPER DEATH BLOW!

ok