What is The Professor up to these days? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1508 Views )

Iron D
2711th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Thu 7 Jun 19:16post reply

I don't post here as regularly as I used to, but browsing recent threads, I haven't seen much of him.

I've been feeling sort of nostalgic about the MMCafe lately. I miss the days when this board was bustling, and was one of the best places to come to for gaming news.

It's still kind of a quaint, cool place, but...I don't know...maybe I'm just being overly sentimental...

Replies:

ZamIAm
1611th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Thu 7 Jun 22:40post reply

quote:
...maybe I'm just being overly sentimental...

Geezer... :tongue: (you know I couldn't help it) I've been wondering the same thing, though.

crazymike
1311th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Thu 7 Jun 23:21post reply

The professor is not real, he is just a computer program, and authorities will be at your house very soon to make sure you forget what I just told you.

exodus
3887th Post

"Re(3):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Fri 8 Jun 02:48post reply

he's alive and super busy.
he's been planning stuff for the boards for a long time, but seems to be laaaaaaaaaazyyyyyyyyyyyyy heh.

The boards are definitely dropping off these days. Kind of sad - I (seriously) blame the fact that iggy has no internet connection!

kofoguz
539th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Fri 8 Jun 03:07post reply

quote:
he's been planning stuff for the boards for a long time, but seems to be laaaaaaaaaazyyyyyyyyyyyyy heh.

The boards are definitely dropping off these days. Kind of sad - I (seriously) blame the fact that iggy has no internet connection!

Thats why he is absence. I thought he was just bored.

Professor
2382th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Fri 8 Jun 09:02:post reply

quote:
The professor is not real, he is just a computer program, and authorities will be at your house very soon to make sure you forget what I just told you.

10 BEEP: PRINT "I'm alliiive!!": GOTO 10

I'm around! In fact I check the BBS on a daily basis. But just a tad busy as I'm starting to get older, older, aging, older.. But I'm still young and beautiful and pretty as a pearl. I hope.

If that's not got enough of an excuse, hummmmmm... well, they finally got Krispy Kreme in Japan, so I'm kind of busy eating. And they're getting Burger King starting today too. So now, they've pretty much got everything here except Taco Bell. Which sucks big time because their instant meat is the living definition of cheap greatness. Except it's already slaughtered. And for some odd reason, I can't find American Cheese either. Noone sells them here, not even Costco.

Seriously though, work has gotten me busy. I miss holidays.

I had this wild idea of revamping the site with a new CGI system, but it's not quite finished. Want to make it as WYSIWYG as possible. I at least got around to putting the old index page back on the mmcafe.com domain though, so-long to GameSpy I guess!!

BTW, what's up with Iggy? Has he grown allergic to the Internet and decided to go live on JoJo island? I miss him as much as I miss American Cheese.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 8 Jun 09:21]

Maou
1120th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Fri 8 Jun 11:40:post reply

That'd be exciting! I hope the BBS stays the same forever, though, since it's still the best design I've ever seen on a message board...simple, bright (no dark BG's), elegant.

edit: which reminds me of when some random kid wanted to merge the cafe board with some random one he'd created and the Prof oh-so-classily declined in the politest of ways.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 8 Jun 11:41]

Amakusa
699th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Fri 8 Jun 12:18post reply

quote:

10 BEEP: PRINT "I'm alliiive!!": GOTO 10

ZOMG he used GOTO.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Iron D
2712th Post

"Re(5):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Fri 8 Jun 18:57post reply

quote:

edit: which reminds me of when some random kid wanted to merge the cafe board with some random one he'd created and the Prof oh-so-classily declined in the politest of ways.

I remember that.

Yep, I'm an old geezer. The board is different from what it used to be. Back then you'd have to put in 15 passwords just to get to the BBS, and then you'd have to sell a piece of your soul to The Professor to post.

Okay, not really, but Dr. Baghead had it right with his wiki post. SNK and Capcom produced fighting games on a regular basis, board prospered. SNK and Capcom stopped producing fighting games on a regular basis: board activity dropped.

Just gives me more reason to want more SNK and Cap fighting games.

And a big hello to The Prof and my old buddy Zam!

Zelkin. Pimped.

EddyT
571th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Fri 8 Jun 22:37post reply

Hi Maddy. :x I... I miss you.

I am moving to Japan via JET Program. Have not received information on the city that I will be living in just yet, but I will be somewhere in Fukui-ken. I will know more details in a week or so.

I don't know if I am anywhere close to you, but perhaps we can meet sometime after I arrive in August. That would be awesome. >w<

I hope you are in good health.

exodus
3890th Post

"Re(4):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Sat 9 Jun 01:34post reply

quote:
BTW, what's up with Iggy? Has he grown allergic to the Internet and decided to go live on JoJo island? I miss him as much as I miss American Cheese.

just doesn't have an internet connection at his place... he'll be back some day!

p.s. I don't think he'd like being compared to american cheese.

Ishmael
2844th Post

"Re(7):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Sat 9 Jun 02:38post reply

quote:

I hope you are in good health.

If the Professor is eating at Krispy Kreme and Burger King he won't be for long.

Oroch
952th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Sat 9 Jun 03:06post reply

quote:

??? but i get emails from him

in my sleep!

ZamIAm
1612th Post

"Take THAT Dunkin Doughnuts" , posted Sat 9 Jun 09:59post reply

quote:
well, they finally got Krispy Kreme in Japan, so I'm kind of busy eating.

(Pumps fist in the air) The South greatest contribution to the world.

EddyT
572th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Take THAT Dunkin Doughnuts" , posted Sat 9 Jun 17:53post reply

Both of the Krispy Kreme shops closed in my area... such a shame. Damn those carb watchers.

Catalyst
227th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Take THAT Dunkin Doughnuts" , posted Sun 10 Jun 09:21post reply

quote:
Both of the Krispy Kreme shops closed in my area... such a shame. Damn those carb watchers.

Dude your telling me this pisses me off cause I actually go out an exercise. Once maybe in a blue moon maybe 2 months or 3, I'll go out and buy one. I never found a doughnut so heavenly. I can't remember if krispy Kreme was responsible for that burger donughnut. Oh man..

Tracking Treasure Down - Gabriel and Dresden

EddyT
574th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Take THAT Dunkin Doughnuts" , posted Sun 10 Jun 11:19post reply

quote:

Dude your telling me this pisses me off cause I actually go out an exercise. Once maybe in a blue moon maybe 2 months or 3, I'll go out and buy one. I never found a doughnut so heavenly. I can't remember if krispy Kreme was responsible for that burger donughnut. Oh man..

I don't know if they were responsible, but I did remember reading about how a minor league baseball park made those donut-burgers with Krispy Kremes. Back when I was pretty bad with diet, I would have tried one... but now I would cringe if I even took a bite.

I would still eat a Krispy Kreme, if they had it here... pretty unique donut if I do say so myself. Maybe when I arrive in Japan.

Professor
2383th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Sun 10 Jun 12:17post reply

quote:
I am moving to Japan via JET Program. Have not received information on the city that I will be living in just yet, but I will be somewhere in Fukui-ken. I will know more details in a week or so.

Fukui! That's like 4 hours on train from Tokyo, 8 hours on bus. If you're lucky, you might make it to Comiket, August 17-19. If you're into figures, Wonderfest is also up on the 12th.

My health is pretty good nowadays. Be sure that you keep your health too while you're here in JET too, I heard rumors that they can be pretty unforgiving.

quote:

Luther Burger! I've never had it, but it sure sounds like an artery clogger.

Anyhoos, I've read on the news that more than 700 customers were already lined up before the grand opening of Tokyo's Burger King on Friday. Craazy.

Catalyst
228th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Sun 10 Jun 18:26post reply

Luther Burger sounds like a killer in itself! Nice to meet you by the way! I hope your doing alright!

yea thats something maybe once every 7 months or 8. But looks so tastey... yum.

Tracking Treasure Down - Gabriel and Dresden

EddyT
576th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Mon 11 Jun 00:58post reply

quote:
Fukui! That's like 4 hours on train from Tokyo, 8 hours on bus. If you're lucky, you might make it to Comiket, August 17-19. If you're into figures, Wonderfest is also up on the 12th.

My health is pretty good nowadays. Be sure that you keep your health too while you're here in JET too, I heard rumors that they can be pretty unforgiving.

I don't think I can go to either Comiket or Wonderfest this year when I arrive for JET, I will not receive any money until August 21st. Nothing but ramen for me. ;w; Perhaps next year.

Thanks for the warning about JET... I also heard that the contract we sign is pretty strict, but it can be enjoyable if put in a good environment and we don't get in any sort of trouble. I'm hoping that everything will be okay with my situation, but can I sleep over at your place if I get in trouble with JET? ;w; *LOL*

exodus
3892th Post

"Re(5):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Mon 11 Jun 08:09post reply

quote:

??? but i get emails from him

I do frealz, but I know it's only when he happens to be near some internets. He last told me maybe 2 months from now...

sabo10
1398th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Mon 11 Jun 10:39post reply

I heard the professor features soft, pliable, PVC breasts.

Ammadeau
1555th Post

"Re(7):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Mon 11 Jun 12:22post reply

I'm in the US, and I can't even get Taco Bell. They closed down the two we had near me. At least I can get KFC, but they never seem to have any of the cheap sandwitches I like so much.

NARUTO
3550th Post

"Re(8):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Mon 11 Jun 16:42post reply

quote:
I'm in the US, and I can't even get Taco Bell. They closed down the two we had near me. At least I can get KFC, but they never seem to have any of the cheap sandwitches I like so much.

Ahahaha... Always wanted to try those...The probleme is that as far I know we have only 1 KFC in france!!! ^^
Just one in paris...So 5 hours and a 60€ (70$) just in order to taste a sandwitch, is a bit too much...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iron D
2714th Post

"Re(8):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Mon 11 Jun 19:28post reply

quote:

KFC is great for the most part, but I don't care what anyone says....those KFC bowl thingies are just disgusting.

Zelkin. Pimped.

KTallguy
907th Post

"Re(9):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Tue 12 Jun 04:12post reply

KFC in Japan struck me as higher quality, but maybe that was just Gaijin glasses.

I wonder how BK tastes in Japan though...700 people probably is a good sign though!

mmmm time for lunch.

Play to win.

exodus
3894th Post

"Re(10):What is The Professor up to these days" , posted Tue 12 Jun 04:13post reply

junk food is stupid anyway! it's called junk for a reason!

Ishmael
2845th Post

"Re(9):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Tue 12 Jun 04:26post reply

quote:

KFC is great for the most part, but I don't care what anyone says....those KFC bowl thingies are just disgusting.

Without even touching on how incredibly unhealthy that bowl of food must be it also looks like a bunch of left-overs someone threw together and microwaved. Then again, KFC is the chain that made their fortune by selling food in a bucket so I guess they never have been too worried about appearances.

juan
4387th Post

"Re(10):What is The Professor up to these days" , posted Tue 12 Jun 04:30post reply

quote:

Without even touching on how incredibly unhealthy that bowl of food must be it also looks like a bunch of left-overs someone threw together and microwaved.

Those bowls remind me mother penguin regurgitating food into the baby penguin beak.

oh wait

ok

ZamIAm
1614th Post

"Re(9):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Tue 12 Jun 11:53post reply

quote:

I like the similar bowls from Bojangles, never tried the KFC version. Then again in my opinion(with the exception of specific items):
Bojangles > KFC

Ammadeau
1556th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):What is The Professor up to thes" , posted Tue 12 Jun 12:38post reply

quote:
junk food is stupid anyway! it's called junk for a reason!

Vegetarian heathen! Deep fry him!

Yeah, the bucket is disgusting. Shared it once with someone... ugh, never again.

Iron D
2715th Post

"Re(10):What is The Professor up to these days" , posted Tue 12 Jun 18:03post reply

quote:

I like the similar bowls from Bojangles, never tried the KFC version. Then again in my opinion(with the exception of specific items):
Bojangles > KFC

I'm guessing that Bojangles is yet another fast food chain that we don't get here in Southern California.

However, we get In-N-Out here, so I guess that balances that out...

Zelkin. Pimped.

EddyT
579th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):What is The Professor up to thes" , posted Tue 12 Jun 22:00post reply

quote:

Bojangles > KFC

I'm guessing that Bojangles is yet another fast food chain that we don't get here in Southern California.

However, we get In-N-Out here, so I guess that balances that out...

We finally got an In-N-Out here almost 2 months ago, and it's still really busy with tons of people in the restaurant every day and drive-thru lines averaging about 20 cars every time I pass that area. I kid you not... it's like my city has never seen a hamburger before.

exodus
3899th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):What is The Professor up to thes" , posted Wed 13 Jun 04:15post reply

quote:

We finally got an In-N-Out here almost 2 months ago, and it's still really busy with tons of people in the restaurant every day and drive-thru lines averaging about 20 cars every time I pass that area. I kid you not... it's like my city has never seen a hamburger before.

everybody loves that place! it's run by some crazy christian sect, too.

KTallguy
908th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):What is The Professor up to thes" , posted Wed 13 Jun 16:48post reply

quote:

everybody loves that place! it's run by some crazy christian sect, too.

Yea, if you look at the bottom of the cups or the back of the fry packets, you'll see bible verses.

One of these days I'm gonna bring a bible into my local In-and-out, order a #1, find the verses on the packaging and use them as a springboard for an all out evangelical sermon.

Then I'll tell them all to visit this place, and be saved.

Play to win.

ZamIAm
1615th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):What is The Professor up to thes" , posted Thu 14 Jun 01:38post reply

quote:
Bojangles > KFC

[evil mode activate] (points and laughs) Bwa ha ha ha ha HA! [/evil]

High gas prices + no Bojangles + limited Krispy Kreme means:
The South > California

exodus
3901th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):What is The Professor up to thes" , posted Thu 14 Jun 01:43post reply

quote:

The South > California

oh man! that'd be the day.

ZamIAm
1616th Post

"Elaborate" , posted Thu 14 Jun 03:10post reply

quote:

The South > California

Oh?

Stifu
347th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):What is The Professor up to these days?" , posted Thu 14 Jun 04:30post reply

quote:
The probleme is that as far I know we have only 1 KFC in france!!! ^^

What ?... No. You're clearly mistaken.

exodus
3903th Post

"Re(1):Elaborate" , posted Thu 14 Jun 04:45post reply

quote:

The South > California

Oh?

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I mean if that's all it takes, middle america is like the best place on earth!

Maou
1123th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Re(10):What is The Professor up to thes" , posted Thu 14 Jun 10:24post reply

quote:
Yea, if you look at the bottom of the cups or the back of the fry packets, you'll see bible verses.

One of these days I'm gonna bring a bible into my local In-and-out, order a #1, find the verses on the packaging and use them as a springboard for an all out evangelical sermon.

Then I'll tell them all to visit this place, and be saved.

KTallguy, I like your style. But to think I was always hoping I'd see In-N-Out where I lived because it's so legendary...it's like I was just wishing for sinister forces to invade my land! I thought the only strange thing about 'em was the legend of the ability to order things off the secret menu that is unwritten.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

simonbelmont
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):What is The Professor up to these days" , posted Thu 14 Jun 11:01post reply

quote:

Bojangles > KFC

Is Bojangles better than Popeyes? Popeyes gravy kicks ass. Zam is right about the dirrty south being better than cali. After spending a few years in cali it still blows my mind why so many people put up with all the bullshit in that burned out state. In N' Out Burger is ok but it's definitely overrated. Their fries taste too healthy. It's no Dick's that's for damn sure. Gotta love greasy Dick's.

http://www.ddir.com/

Iron D
2717th Post

"Re(1):Elaborate" , posted Thu 14 Jun 14:58:post reply

quote:

The South > California

Oh?

I'm not going to start any kind of flame war here, especially since I still consider you to be a real pal Zam, but I will say this: I hate The South with a passion. Maybe not all of the people, but overall I can't stand The South. It's mostly a political thing. Uh...I'll end that rant there.

Actually, I will say this: right where I'm at (San Bernardino, Ca) it's almost perfect. No matter what kind of area you prefer, you're near it. Mountains? Just minutes North. Forest? Same. Desert? Everywhere. City? Everywhere. Beaches. Just an hour or so West. Strip Clubs? Everywhere you look. If only there were more Sonic restaurants and arcades around here. There are still a few fledgling arcades, but you have to travel a bit if you wish to enjoy some arcadey goodness.

Edit: I forgot about the most ironic part: San Bernardino itself utterly sucks. IT SUCKS. Riverside and its county (located to the south of San Bernardino and its county) are much better overall. Like anyone cares.

Zelkin. Pimped.

[this message was edited by Iron D on Thu 14 Jun 17:35]

Undead Fred
2855th Post

"Re(2):Elaborate" , posted Thu 14 Jun 17:20:post reply

quote:

The South > California

Oh?

I'm not going to start any kind of flame war here, especially since I still consider you to be a real pal Zam, but I will say this: I hate The South with a passion. Maybe not all of the people, but overall I can't stand The South. It's mostly a political thing. Uh...I'll end that rant there.
You beat me to it. I've lived in the South for most of my life and I hate it. Like, really hate it. I couldn't wait to get out. Nothing but Wal-Mart customers and sweaty humidity as far as the eye can see. The local pasttime in the town I went to college in was being an alcoholic. So yeah, I hate the South.

And now back to topic-
Ferd: KFC BISCUIT BOWLS
Jaun: BARF
Ferd: HAVE IT FOR FOURTHMEAL
Ferd: THEN GO STRAIGHT TO SLEEP
Ferd: BETTER YET HAVE TWO
Jaun: FART

EDIT: Now with color!

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Thu 14 Jun 17:23]

ZamIAm
1617th Post

"Re(2):Elaborate" , posted Fri 15 Jun 00:59post reply

quote:

Don't get me wrong, the South has its issues. I'm a Christian who's lived his whole life in the South and Southern Baptists scare me at times. But yeah, I like the South. Plus, I'm used to some of its negative quirks so things like rednecks don't even register (that much).