Live action KoF movie announced at Cannes - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2399 Views )

Cain Highwind
763th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Live action KoF movie announced at Cannes" , posted Sun 20 May 12:14post reply

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=Cannes2007&jump=story&id=1061&articleid=VR1117965243&cs=1

Well it's Boll-free at least. And here's hoping no Falcoon-based characters are in.

Replies:

Freeter
4379th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"ARE YOU OK?" , posted Sun 20 May 14:50post reply

BUSTAH WORF

Phoenix
887th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Sun 20 May 15:59post reply

Director of Fist of Legend and Screenplay scriptor of Fearless? Those are some mighty capable hands! At the very least we'll get good fight scenes...if it's better than the original MK movie then I'd be satisfied...

kofoguz
534th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Live action KoF movie announced at Cann" , posted Sun 20 May 17:54post reply

quote:
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=Cannes2007&jump=story&id=1061&articleid=VR1117965243&cs=1

Well it's Boll-free at least. And here's hoping no Falcoon-based characters are in.

Oh God I waited for this, too long. My Nerdy Kof_ fanboy side is giving hell of a party.I am not waiting a perfect movie but a decent one.

Do say me what you want but I am already hyped about sequels, too.

Oroch
945th Post

"Re(2):Live action KoF movie announced at Cann" , posted Sun 20 May 18:15:post reply

quote:

Oh God I waited for this, too long. My Nerdy Kof_ fanboy side is giving hell of a party.I am not waiting a perfect movie but a decent one.

Do say me what you want but I am already hyped about sequels, too.

this shit better be good or i'll have to slit someones throat; who is producing it?

[this message was edited by Oroch on Sun 20 May 18:16]

HAYATO
777th Post

"Re(3):Live action KoF movie announced at Cann" , posted Sun 20 May 19:54post reply

Yummy!!! Now I'm looking forward to this. I positively know this film's going to suck very hard, but my only hope is that it does so, so hard that even surpasses Dead or Alive. That will be the real Slugfest!!!

Zepy
1362th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Live action KoF movie announced at Cann" , posted Sun 20 May 22:48post reply

but will it feature Charlie Sheen as all the characters?

Pollyanna
2222th Post

"Re(5):Live action KoF movie announced at Cann" , posted Mon 21 May 04:21post reply

I hope it doesn't have a lot of fighting white women in it. White women can't fight. At least not like..."KOF fight".

Evenor
559th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Live action KoF movie announced at Cann" , posted Mon 21 May 05:08post reply

quote:
I hope it doesn't have a lot of fighting white women in it. White women can't fight. At least not like..."KOF fight".

Who is going to play Shermie!? Her casting will definitely make or break this movie.

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

Ishmael
2825th Post

"Re(1):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Mon 21 May 05:20post reply

"Concept is owned by SNK Playmore group and been released as 30 arcade, computer and home console games since franchise was launched 21 years ago."

Twenty one years of KoF? Huh, I must have missed a few editions.

quote:
BUSTAH WORF

Part of me is really hoping the movie looks like that. Well, maybe not exactly like that but that the movie will have that sort of ramshackle fighting action to it instead of being stuffed full of bad CGI.

crazymike
1306th Post

"Re(2):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Mon 21 May 07:30post reply

quote:

Twenty one years of KoF? Huh, I must have missed a few editions.

Well Ikari Warriors came out in 1986, maybe they just mean the character lineage...

Burning Ranger
1477th Post

"Re(1):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Mon 21 May 20:09post reply

quote:
BUSTAH WORF

Actually, I'd like to see a Fatal Fury movie more than a KOF movie. KOF is just too big.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Oroch
948th Post

"Re(2):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Mon 21 May 20:22post reply

quote:
BUSTAH WORF

Actually, I'd like to see a Fatal Fury movie more than a KOF movie. KOF is just too big.

they better have vin diesel as duck king in there

Ikari Loona
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Mon 21 May 21:40post reply

quote:

At least if the movie's successful enough to have sequels and some of the actors decide to ask for too much money to be in them, there's a big enough cast and plot to make new movies without bringing back several characters...

As far as FF is concerned, it has a plot that works fine without the physics-defying abilities of some characters (while the flame-wielding of the KoF protagonists always serves some plot point), so it could work well if they start from the roots of the tournament, back in Southtown in pre-Rugal days...
On the other hand, who could possibly play a decent Geese?... Dennis Hopper and Brian Dennehy used to come to mind, but they're kinda heavy nowadays (well, I have no memory of a thin Dennehy, but is face looks just about right...)...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

HAYATO
778th Post

"Re(3):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Tue 22 May 01:14post reply

quote:
On the other hand, who could possibly play a decent Geese?... Dennis Hopper and Brian Dennehy used to come to mind, but they're kinda heavy nowadays (well, I have no memory of a thin Dennehy, but is face looks just about right...)...

Tom Berenger?

Oroch
949th Post

"Re(4):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Tue 22 May 04:12post reply

quote:

Tom Berenger?

he'd actually be a good choice, with dyed hair and if he was in shape

his age is pushing it though

Burning Ranger
1478th Post

"Re(3):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Tue 22 May 06:46post reply

quote:

I can only think of Dolph Lundgren for this part...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

nobinobita
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Live action KoF movie announced at Cann" , posted Tue 22 May 07:48:post reply

I'm guessing/hoping the KOF movie will be something like Dragon Tiger Gate:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w0qPUiPPgQc

The movie was real cheesy but fun. It was like watching someone play Double Dragon, complete with different levels, goons and boss fights.

It incorporated fighting game style special moves (and even supers) better than anything else I've seen. Instead of making everything CG, they had some pretty good stunt work then overlaid cg explosions, motion trails and flame effects on top of real athletes doing real moves.

I'm guessing Donnie Yen will show up in the KOF movie somewhere and I think Nicholas Tse would be perfect as any tough pretty guy character. He was raised in Canada so his english should be fine too.

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Tue 22 May 07:57]

Undead Fred
2842th Post

"Re(4):ARE YOU OK?" , posted Tue 22 May 09:18post reply

quote:

He catches Terry's hand in a punch... "I MUST BREAK YOU" *flip*

Freeter
4380th Post

"HAOSHOKOKEN" , posted Tue 22 May 09:27post reply

Robert needs love

Gojira
2143th Post

"DUNK!" , posted Tue 22 May 14:55post reply

quote:

Tom Berenger?

he'd actually be a good choice, with dyed hair and if he was in shape

his age is pushing it though

Nah, let him grow his hair out, he'd make a better Chin

Zepy
1364th Post

"Re(1):HAOSHOKOKEN" , posted Tue 22 May 19:23post reply

HAOSHOKOKEN

Maese Spt
362th Post

Silver Customer

"more stars than the sky!" , posted Tue 22 May 22:26post reply

quote:

On the other hand, who could possibly play a decent Geese?

(...)

Fuck yeah!

Now all we need is Sonny Chiba starring as Takuma, Gary Daniels as Robert and a blond dyed Hiroyuki Sanada as Ryô; and weŽll have a new all-time classic that would make Citizen Kane pale in comparision! No, really!

On a more serious note, Esumi Makiko would do a perfect Chizuru, tough. Same looks, same age and a powerful on-screen appearance. And thereŽs hoping for Ueto "Azumi" Aya as the ever cheesy Athena too. But since none of them speaks a single *coherent* word in English, weŽll have to conform ourselves with Devon Aoki and Co., as always (if this movie actually gets ever to be filmed, that is).

Also, I do wonder who could make a decent Mai and Yuri, without falling on the obvious pit of retreaded JAV actress...

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Kikkoken
1127th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):more stars than the sky!" , posted Wed 23 May 16:41post reply

I'll be fine as long as the story isn't centered on the US sports team.