Starcraft 2 announced - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1937 Views )

Megane
426th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sat 19 May 15:12post reply

According to the IGN guy in the Worldwide Invitational.

Replies:

Gojira
2142th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sat 19 May 16:36post reply

So much for Ghost, huh?

exodus
3876th Post

"Re(2):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 05:24post reply

quote:
So much for Ghost, huh?

yeah, that was cancelled a long time ago - and the dev team doesn't even exist anymore I don't think.

so have there been riots in korea over this announcement yet?

Baines
185th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 05:57post reply

quote:
yeah, that was cancelled a long time ago - and the dev team doesn't even exist anymore I don't think.

Which one? Ghost had at least two different dev-teams. All the hype and screenshots and descriptions of gameplay came from the first dev team. Then it was announced the game was being switched to an entirely different team, eventual release was promised, and then it vanished.

The team that made Metal Arms: Glitch in the System I think was the second dev team. I don't know that they ever did anything else. I don't even recall the other dev team.

KTallguy
901th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 08:44post reply

HUGE!

The videos are splendid looking :)

Play to win.

Oroch
943th Post

"Re(1):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 15:59post reply

quote:

uh ugly, but it is made for the masses

not what i expect an rts to look like in 2007

lets what the gameplay is like, guessing blizzard it'll be same old same old

D`Cloud
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 23:57post reply

quote:

im not seeing what this guy is seeing

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.

Oroch
945th Post

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Mon 21 May 13:58post reply

quote:

look at the videos, im not a graphics whore or anything, but for christs sake, look at it zoomed it, same fucking engine as warcraft 3

no offense, but company of heroes and supreme commander, and hell cnc3 look a hell of a lot better(im not talking art, im talking about the graphics engine)

course blizzard always goes for the lowest common denominator, so i don't expect them to require a 8800gtx or directx 10 to play, but still, atleast upgrade your fucking engine

Juke Joint Jezebel
3565th Post

"Re(4):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Mon 21 May 14:16:post reply

quote:

Original message (173 Views )
Megane426th Post

Gold Customer

"Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sat 19 May 15:12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replies:

Gojira2142th Post

"Re(1):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sat 19 May 16:36

So much for Ghost, huh?

exodus3876th Post

"Re(2):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 05:24

quote:
So much for Ghost, huh?

Baines
185th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 05:57

quote:

Which one? Ghost had at least two different dev-teams. All the hype and screenshots and descriptions of gameplay came from the first dev team. Then it was announced the game was being switched to an entirely different team, eventual release was promised, and then it vanished.

The team that made Metal Arms: Glitch in the System I think was the second dev team. I don't know that they ever did anything else. I don't even recall the other dev team.

KTallguy901th Post

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 08:44

HUGE!

Play to win.

Oroch943th Post

"Re(1):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 15:59

quote:

D`Cloud
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 23:57

quote:

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.

Oroch945th Post

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Mon 21 May 13:58

quote:

look at the videos, im not a graphics whore or anything, but for christs sake, look at it zoomed it, same fucking engine as warcraft 3

no offense, but company of heroes and supreme commander, and hell cnc3 look a hell of a lot better(im not talking art, im talking about the graphics engine)

course blizzard always goes for the lowest common denominator, so i don't expect them to require a 8800gtx or directx 10 to play, but still, atleast upgrade your fucking engine

kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

EDIT:
personally, i was hoping for World of StarCraft. i'd pick a zergling as my class and would have to run to my corpse every two minutes 8)

EDIT:
TERON GOREFIEND IS IN BLACK TEMPLE! LET"S GO PAY HIM A VISIT

[this message was edited by Juke Joint Jezebel on Mon 21 May 14:20]

Oroch
946th Post

"Re(5):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Mon 21 May 17:12post reply

quote:

Original message (173 Views )
Megane426th Post

Gold Customer

"Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sat 19 May 15:12

Replies:

Gojira2142th Post

"Re(1):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sat 19 May 16:36

So much for Ghost, huh?

exodus3876th Post

"Re(2):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 05:24

quote:
So much for Ghost, huh?

Baines
185th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 05:57

quote:

KTallguy901th Post

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 08:44

HUGE!

Play to win.

Oroch943th Post

"Re(1):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 15:59

quote:

D`Cloud
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Sun 20 May 23:57

quote:

Oroch945th Post

"Re(3):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Mon 21 May 13:58

quote:

kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

EDIT:
personally, i was hoping for World of StarCraft. i'd pick a zergling as my class and would have to run to my corpse every two minutes 8)

EDIT:
TERON GOREFIEND IS IN BLACK TEMPLE! LET"S GO PAY HIM A VISIT

comes out in 3 years!

D`Cloud
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Mon 21 May 19:45post reply

quote:

i still dont get what your trying to say. its pretty vague. by improvement on the graphic engine you mean normal maps? whats wrong with the old graphics engine? what is it specifically you dont like?

in my opinion its an improvement over warcraft 3. it has more polygons, the texture are less cartoony. it looks nice.

Oroch
947th Post

"Re(5):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Mon 21 May 20:21post reply

quote:

i still dont get what your trying to say. its pretty vague. by improvement on the graphic engine you mean normal maps? whats wrong with the old graphics engine? what is it specifically you dont like?

in my opinion its an improvement over warcraft 3. it has more polygons, the texture are less cartoony. it looks nice.

im just saying it looks like a game from 1998

D`Cloud
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Tue 22 May 04:13post reply

quote:

seriously?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A3rUFWcxoI

Nobinobita
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Tue 22 May 08:06post reply

quote:

I dunno dude. I'm not ussually a fan of Blizzards design and color sense, but I still think Starcraft 2 looks pretty nice!

At the very least the animation of the characters has definitely been upgraded. Every unit moves around in a cool and unique manner.

I love how the Zerg really scuttle around like a swarm of beasts or insects and the marines with the Jetpacks have nice little motion trails and I love how they hop around the terrain.

I like it. It's full 3-d, but it has a hand crafted feel to it like they're sprites or table top miniatures.

a beholder
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Wed 4 Jul 19:19post reply

quote:

I like it. It's full 3-d, but it has a hand crafted feel to it like they're sprites or table top miniatures.

Andy Chambers from Games Workshop (Warhammer, 40k) is now with Blizzard working on Starcraft 2

Though overall, I think their art direction got worse.
SC1, thought the Carriers looked awesome. Saw the SC2 trailer with the new Tempest, just doesn't look as good.

The new zealots, their 3D models aren't as cool as the SC1 tiny sprite, the proportions are different.

Amakusa
712th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(8):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Thu 5 Jul 02:57post reply

quote:

SC1, thought the Carriers looked awesome. Saw the SC2 trailer with the new Tempest, just doesn't look as good.

The new zealots, their 3D models aren't as cool as the SC1 tiny sprite, the proportions are different.

That's because the old Starcraft sprites barely looked like the actual models. The Zealot sprite looked like a tan Alien with razor blades.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

a beholder
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):Starcraft 2 announced" , posted Thu 12 Jul 11:27post reply

quote:

That's because the old Starcraft sprites barely looked like the actual models. The Zealot sprite looked like a tan Alien with razor blades.

yeah, the zealot sprite looked better than the model in the campaign selecting screen. Though even compared to that, the SC2 zealot's a new design.

Carrier was big enough to have detail though, its CG model just looked like 3 sheets of paper.