KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back Up. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (6249 Views )

Alba Meira
12th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back Up." , posted Thu 17 May 20:28post reply

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-mi-ra

Added story stuff for Ash and Mary there's some chatter in the Falcoon Room and the story is up.

Replies:

Ishmael
2822th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back " , posted Thu 17 May 23:39post reply

Did Falcoon think that it was absolutely necessary to stamp his name all over the front page?

Alba Meira
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back" , posted Fri 18 May 00:58post reply

quote:
Did Falcoon think that it was absolutely necessary to stamp his name all over the front page?

Seriously but I wonder how is this arrangement going to turn out story wise since the main story is diffrent from that of the original MI2.

TiamatRoar
768th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back " , posted Fri 18 May 01:13post reply

quote:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-mi-ra

Added story stuff for Ash and Mary there's some chatter in the Falcoon Room and the story is up.

Wooo, check out Ash's nice sexy feminine curses and ass.

*shudders*

Ikari Loona
180th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back" , posted Fri 18 May 02:54post reply

quote:
Seriously but I wonder how is this arrangement going to turn out story wise since the main story is diffrent from that of the original MI2.

Considering they managed to toss in Hattori Hanzo and future versions of Terry and Ryo into it as if they were in their own timelines (based on the plots in MI2's official site; then again, they didn't get proper endings in the actual game either), I don't think it'll be too hard to find Ash and Mary something to do in there.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Gojira
2141th Post

"Re(2):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back" , posted Fri 18 May 03:09post reply

quote:
Wooo, check out Ash's nice sexy feminine curses and ass.

*shudders*

That's Ash? I thought it was one of Lien's palette swaps.

Ishmael
2823th Post

"Re(3):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back" , posted Fri 18 May 03:42post reply

quote:

Wait, besides whatever excuses are thought up for dropping in the new characters there are actual differences between the plot of MIRA and MI2? If so, what are they?

hikarutilmitt
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back" , posted Fri 18 May 04:24post reply

quote:

Wait, besides whatever excuses are thought up for dropping in the new characters there are actual differences between the plot of MIRA and MI2? If so, what are they?

TIME SLIP

Alba Meira
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):KOF MI Regulation A Official Site Back" , posted Fri 18 May 05:17post reply

quote:

Just ran the main story ( the part that says ) main story through babelfish and it was a lot different than whats on the original MI2 site there's no talk about how Duke lost to Alba. it's just a bunch of random stuff it jumps from Iori to Jenet To Alba To Luise to a lot of other stuff. I would give it a serious translation but I dont want to frustrate my friend as already asking her to take care of the MI2 Novels is already a lot of work as is sorry if anything MI:RA is just a directors cut of the original MI2 game with a few bit of changes added here and there.

Alba Meira
15th Post

New Customer

"Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Thu 24 May 01:59post reply

Two more shadows are behind Ash and Mary

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1403/28962390cy4.jpg

Evenor
560th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Thu 24 May 02:32post reply

quote:

My guess is Duo Lon and Shen Woo.

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

hikarutilmitt
395th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Thu 24 May 12:23post reply

quote:

Damn, neither shadow fits for Kasumi or Malin. :\

kofoguz
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Thu 24 May 14:56post reply

quote:

Ok, one of them is absolutely Vanessa. If I am mistaken than its King.

Ishmael
2827th Post

"Re(3):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Fri 25 May 00:08post reply

The main site has been updated. Highlights include videos that show off just how annoying the announcer has become.

As for the teaser image, that may be Vanessa as kofoguz suggested but it's hard to tell. At first I thought the character with the thicker might be Goro but that's mostly because I thought that there a new "big guy" added to the cast to replace Armor Ralf.

quote:

Damn, neither shadow fits for Kasumi or Malin. :\

I was hoping Kasumi would make it in just so the poor girl could wear some new clothes besides the hand-me-downs from her father she's currently shuffling around in.

Gojira
2146th Post

"Re(4):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Fri 25 May 05:41post reply

quote:

I think that's right on the money.

I mean, the one on the right HAS to be Duo Lon. There's really nobody else it could be, with the long braid and the coattails.

The one on the left could be a few other people, but if Duo Lon is in then the other one is most likely Shen Woo. The hair fits.

kofoguz
538th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Fri 25 May 06:27post reply

quote:

I think that's right on the money.

I mean, the one on the right HAS to be Duo Lon. There's really nobody else it could be, with the long braid and the coattails.

The one on the left could be a few other people, but if Duo Lon is in then the other one is most likely Shen Woo. The hair fits.

Well there might be three shadows there.Vanessa Big guy and Duolon posing as he is running. Check the hair and pants it cant be Duo lon.

Ammadeau
1545th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Fri 25 May 12:10post reply

quote:

Now that the image finally loads for me, I agree. There's no way the one on the right isn't Duo Lon. Not just the hair or the coat, but the pose as well.

Are they going to make this 3v3? That would make the most sense if they're bringing in Ash's old team.

E5150
111th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Fri 25 May 18:24post reply

So, any guesses on the teams then?
If it's 3v3 teams, maybe we could figure out if there is more characters?

Ash, Shen Woo, Duolon
Leona, Ralf, Clark
Terry, Blue Mary, Rock
K', Maxima, Kula
Geese, Billy, Lily?

What else?

Ikari Loona
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Fri 25 May 20:04post reply

quote:
So, any guesses on the teams then?
If it's 3v3 teams, maybe we could figure out if there is more characters?

Ash, Shen Woo, Duolon
Leona, Ralf, Clark
Terry, Blue Mary, Rock
K', Maxima, Kula
Geese, Billy, Lily?

What else?

Alba, Soirée, Louise ?
Duke, Lien, Hyena ?
Classic Kyo, Wild Wolf, Mr Karate ?

Dunno, too many only work as pairs, and barely in some cases:
Ryo, Yuri
Kyo, Iori
Kim, Chae Lim
Mignon, Ninon

Then there are some like Hanzo who'd be really hard to fit with anyone...

Maybe there'll be special endings in some cases...

hikarutilmitt
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Two more secrect characters. ( Shadows)" , posted Sat 26 May 01:44post reply

I figured it'll be 3on3 since they announced it to be such and the big "3 ON 3" on that image. :P

Alba Meira
16th Post

New Customer

"First Hidden Character Revealed (Not Duo Lon)" , posted Sat 26 May 13:15post reply

First Hidden Character Revealed

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9766/img1075912478243820qz8.jpg

Falcoon Created his own Hizoku named "Xiao lon" not to be confused with " Duo Lon " basically he probally wanted to do his own thing you can find that here

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/brianz2005/47824382.html

Sensenic
1565th Post

"Re(1):First Hidden Character Revealed (Not Du" , posted Sun 27 May 03:48post reply

quote:
Falcoon Created his own Hizoku named "Xiao lon" not to be confused with " Duo Lon " basically he probally wanted to do his own thing

{But wasn't Duo Lon already a design of his?

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

Ammadeau
1548th Post

"Re(2):First Hidden Character Revealed (Not Du" , posted Sun 27 May 05:08post reply

In related news, Gamestop is selling KOF 2006 (MI2) for $15, so if you don't have it, go get it.

Pollyanna
2225th Post

"Re(2):First Hidden Character Revealed (Not Du" , posted Tue 29 May 07:00post reply

quote:

{But wasn't Duo Lon already a design of his?

I believe he just did the illustrations for '03, not the designs. I'm not sure that he's done any 2D KOF designs.

Ammadeau
1549th Post

"Will the game systems get improved?" , posted Tue 29 May 12:56post reply

Replaying MI2 lately, I really hope they work on the gameplay systems here. Right now falling down is pretty much death, and it's too easy to be caught in a combo without escape. Also, the sidestep doesn't have enough travel, and the tracking is too quick on it anyway. The rings themselves are pretty small as well. There's also major balance issues between the characters. Terry, Kula, and Ryo are goddamn monsters in the game. Their chains just don't give any breathing space.

hikarutilmitt
398th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Will the game systems get improved?" , posted Tue 29 May 13:49post reply

quote:
Replaying MI2 lately, I really hope they work on the gameplay systems here. Right now falling down is pretty much death, and it's too easy to be caught in a combo without escape. Also, the sidestep doesn't have enough travel, and the tracking is too quick on it anyway. The rings themselves are pretty small as well. There's also major balance issues between the characters. Terry, Kula, and Ryo are goddamn monsters in the game. Their chains just don't give any breathing space.

I agree. Though I actually really enjoy the MI games for what they are, the ground game is still far too broken; they should just get rid of it entirely.

If they have to keep chain combos I'd like to see them make them more difficult, at least. Put some more directional commands in there (I know Nagase has a few that weren't at all easy till I got used to using her) and make them tighter on the commands themselves.

I also think the game could use a bit less speed, but that's just me.

Pollyanna
2226th Post

"Re(2):Will the game systems get improved?" , posted Tue 29 May 14:08post reply

I think part of the problem comes from the fact that they try to represent the characters "correctly" in 3D. Meaning...they have the same basic movelists. There's no reason to believe that a game will be balanced in 3D just because it's reasonably balanced in 2D. I don't think there's any way to do this without having a large number of both useless moves and useless characters.

Eliminating chains would do a lot to make the cast less generic, but I think it would decrease the balance thanks to the moves issue I just mentioned.

Ammadeau
1550th Post

"Re(3):Will the game systems get improved?" , posted Tue 29 May 15:58post reply

There's a number of ways they can balance. For example, Ryo can bounce an enemy, hit them with an uppercut DM (at no damage penalty), and then wall bounce until death. They could reduce damage on some of his moves, make them harder to chain, or include a form of air recovery / combo breaking system.

I got a perfect on the final boss with Billy by a starting subaki and then a long staff combo. Poor Jiv had no chance of fighting back at all. I usually don't play this way because it's boring, but this is something that'll come up in arcades, and it'll really turn people away from this game (imo).

Alba Meira
17th Post

New Customer

"Bigger Picture Of Xiao Lon" , posted Tue 29 May 23:57post reply

http://www.kobayan.jp/images/arcadia/arcadia0707-05l.jpg

For those who were wondering what she looked like face up

Ishmael
2831th Post

"Re(1):Bigger Picture Of Xiao Lon" , posted Wed 30 May 00:25post reply

While MI2 works fine as the spiritual sequel to the Real Bout games I also agree that someone needs to do something about the horrid ground game and other high damage malarky. I know there are people who take perverse joy in finding combos that exploit bad programming decisions but those sort of players shouldn't be encouraged.

At the very least could there be an option to let my character roll up into a fetal position when I'm getting an OTG beating?

quote:

Thanks, now we know who one of the blacked out characters is.

Syo
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Bigger Picture Of Xiao Lon" , posted Wed 30 May 13:11post reply

quote:

So her name's 'smiling dragon'...

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Ishmael
2841th Post

"Site Update" , posted Thu 7 Jun 22:25post reply

The update this time is all about Xiao Lon, complete with a bio, videos and a preview of her ugly alt. costume. When she was first announced I wasn't sure what was going to set her apart from Duo Lon but from the little that is shown she appears to be different enough to be a character in her own right. Not only does she join the proud ranks of characters who have everything in the world stuffed up their sleeves but she even has a super where she makes out with her opponent. Yeah, Xiao Lon looks to be a keeper.

Red Falcon
5798th Post

"Re(1):Site Update" , posted Fri 8 Jun 03:48post reply

THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A BRUISE!

Best site EVER:Link Here

Catalyst
226th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Site Update" , posted Fri 8 Jun 05:33post reply

quote:
THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A BRUISE!

HAHA I couldn't sit through those videos hearing those over and over. Gotta admit its funny.

Tracking Treasure Down - Gabriel and Dresden

naohisa
6th Post

New Customer

"Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 15 Jun 17:07:post reply

Japan's KOF MIRA 1st location test, has revealed a new character Mizoguchi(Fighters History/Karnov's Revenge)

[this message was edited by naohisa on Fri 15 Jun 17:13]

Nate
859th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 15 Jun 17:39post reply

quote:
Japan's KOF MIRA 1st location test, has revealed a new character Mizoguchi(Fighters History/Karnov's Revenge)

Source?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

naohisa
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 15 Jun 17:45post reply

quote:

Source?

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7r5LqQNfH4
http://rapidshare.com/files/37311297/mia.mp3.html

Nate
860th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 15 Jun 18:29post reply

quote:

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7r5LqQNfH4
http://rapidshare.com/files/37311297/mia.mp3.html

Wow. What a random choice. I'd rather have Yungmie but that'd be one Korean taekwondo user too many, I guess. Maybe she can be a new costume for Chae Lim. Wait a minute, does this mean Ash might have a costume that looks like Jean?! Oh man.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Ammadeau
1558th Post

"Re(4):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 15 Jun 18:53:post reply

I actually think that's a cool choice. Liked the character. Though are we going to get any reports from this test. I'm curious if they did anything to fix the engine's flaws, or the scewed balance.

Edit: Did I call 3 on 3 or what? :) Now bring this to the 360 with online play, and SNK will have my money. I'd be tempted to buy an arcade machine of it if I had anywhere to put it. :p

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Fri 15 Jun 21:41]

Ishmael
2853th Post

"Re(5):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 15 Jun 23:28post reply

Nice find on Mizoguchi! Having a character who is supposed to be around 17-18 years old but sound and looks like he's around forty is certainly going to bring a different feel to the character roster.

FYI, the main site has updated but the only thing of even mild interest is a video in which Blue Mary and B. Jenet fight it out to determine who has the most annoying voice in the game.

NARUTO
3552th Post

"Re(5):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 16 Jun 01:27post reply

quote:
Though are we going to get any reports from this test.
For what I heard there wasn't that much poeples to the test...I could be wrong anyway.
But since KOF MI1 & 2 Floped so much in japan (in EU as well only US seems to appreciate it...) that wouldn't be a surprise.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

hikarutilmitt
410th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 16 Jun 02:01post reply

quote:
Wow. What a random choice. I'd rather have Yungmie but that'd be one Korean taekwondo user too many, I guess. Maybe she can be a new costume for Chae Lim. Wait a minute, does this mean Ash might have a costume that looks like Jean?! Oh man.

Now we just need them to put Ryoko from either FHD or WHP and then make one the costume swap for the other. (hopefully WHP with the swap for FHD, WHP Ryoko is better ;)

Red Falcon
5815th Post

"Re(6):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 16 Jun 02:59post reply

quote:
Nice find on Mizoguchi! Having a character who is supposed to be around 17-18 years old but sound and looks like he's around forty is certainly going to bring a different feel to the character roster.

God yes, he'd better have a similar voice... TIGAAHBAZOOHKAATTA!

Pollyanna
2248th Post

"Re(5):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 16 Jun 22:08post reply

quote:
I actually think that's a cool choice. Liked the character.

I don't see much to like in Mizoguchi...I mean, well...nothing legitimate. What do you like about him?

I mean, I love Mizoguchi because his selection screen picture is hideous, his voice is ridiculous and the way the announcer says his name is hilarious.

So...I would say Mizoguchi is good to laugh at, but outside of the confines of Fighter's History, he's just...nothing.

But then again, I didn't play FHD, so maybe he saves the world with rock and roll or something.

Ishmael
2855th Post

"Re(6):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Tue 19 Jun 01:32post reply

quote:
But then again, I didn't play FHD, so maybe he saves the world with rock and roll or something.

I thought Matlock from FH was going to save our souls with rock and roll.

Now that I think about it I'm a bit disappointed that Karnov didn't make the cut for the roster since fire breathing fat men are always gold. Still I can't complain too much since I'm sure Mizoguchi will have style to spare in KoF. What I don't know about, however, is how Mizoguchi's move list is going to be differentiated from the neverending stream of Kyokugen characters.

Toxico
4268th Post

"Re(7):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Tue 19 Jun 02:09post reply

Even in his owns game, Mizoguchi was pretty much a joke character; it is enough to see most of his hideous story sequences in the SNES game or endings of the arcade game. And that's where the character shines it's not a main stream "I'm cool" dope; the one complain that can surfice though, is that is moves aren't nearly as ridiculous as his moves, dialogs and victory poses; so perhaps in this game can that be fixed.

shindekudasai
141th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Tue 19 Jun 18:13post reply

quote:
...Now that I think about it I'm a bit disappointed that Karnov didn't make the cut for the roster since fire breathing fat men are always gold...

Karnov's busy doing other things these days...
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/feature-articles/flash-game-dance.php

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Ikari Loona
186th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 6 Jul 01:30post reply

Mizoguchi isnow mentioned in teh official site - profile, movies AND story... dang I'm curious about this one if it happens to go beyond standard "looking for strong challengers" stuff... for all I know that's what his own SNES game was about, but it still managed to have fun cut-scenes...

Red Falcon
5846th Post

"Re(9):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 6 Jul 02:52post reply

I'm glad to hear "Tiger Bazooka Attack" is still slurred and unintelligeable. As I expected, it seems the "True Tiger Bazooka Attack" is a super now.

Ishmael
2872th Post

"Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 6 Jul 03:29post reply

It's good to see that not only is the front half of a tiger still visible in Mizoguchi's fireball but he's been taking fashion tips from Heihachi.

Red Falcon
5850th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 6 Jul 06:34:post reply

His story is hilarious... he seems to find out about KOF from looking at a newspaper, (apparently he'd never heard about it before) decides he needs to beat the crap out of Ryo, they make jokes about the fact that he looks like he's 30 but is allegedly a high school student, he flies to the U.S. by hiding out in an airplane's cargo room, and it is implied he beats up Lucky Glauber and steals his invitation. Poor Sports Team...

Edit: Oh, and the beginning is about him swimming in dirty water and people trying to ignore his ass.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Fri 6 Jul 06:38]

Ikari Loona
188th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 6 Jul 11:13post reply

quote:
His story is hilarious... he seems to find out about KOF from looking at a newspaper, (apparently he'd never heard about it before) decides he needs to beat the crap out of Ryo, they make jokes about the fact that he looks like he's 30 but is allegedly a high school student,

Neat, the 30-year-old-looking young guy picking a fight with someone who should be older than he actully is in the KoF timeline based on his original story - but who makes up for it by having the looks for both ages represented in the MI series, at least...

quote:
he flies to the U.S. by hiding out in an airplane's cargo room,

He's getting spoiled - in FH: Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu he travels tied to the outside of Jean(?)'s plane. No wonder he's aging like that...

quote:
and it is implied he beats up Lucky Glauber and steals his invitation. Poor Sports Team...

Edit: Oh, and the beginning is about him swimming in dirty water and people trying to ignore his ass.

While I'm weary of the ADK characters joining any established SNK canon, the FH crowd certainly seems to be starting on the right foot...
I hope these plots eventually get all translated to english somewhere...

Red Falcon
5892th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 13 Jul 10:15post reply

Site is updated again, with movelists.

hikarutilmitt
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Fri 13 Jul 16:04post reply

quote:

Dammit, I was hoping there was enough room left on the plate for maybe Kasumi or Eiji or (lol) Malin. So all this is now is us knowing we're getting a whole 2 new characters, one of which is from an otherwise dead franchise!

Damn you, SNK.

kofoguz
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 14 Jul 01:02post reply

quote:

Dammit, I was hoping there was enough room left on the plate for maybe Kasumi or Eiji or (lol) Malin. So all this is now is us knowing we're getting a whole 2 new characters, one of which is from an otherwise dead franchise!

Damn you, SNK.

I think theres still room for one but it is for a boss character, I suppose.

Red Falcon
5907th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 14 Jul 02:44:post reply

quote:

I think theres still room for one but it is for a boss character, I suppose.

I expect Jivatma is still the boss, though? He and Hyena don't have profiles or stories yet, but they're up on the move list section.

Although looking again, you're right in that there is still arguably one last slot.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sat 14 Jul 02:47]

YeldellGW
533th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 14 Jul 03:23post reply

quote:
While I'm weary of the ADK characters joining any established SNK canon, the FH crowd certainly seems to be starting on the right foot...

Don't see what's so horrible about bringing ADK characters into a KOF game; be it 2D or 3D, especially after KOF XI added Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter characters (Don't even get me started on MOTW.).

NGBC was the ultimate slap in the face for the ADK haters that thought they'd never see an ADK character in a SNK game. I for one would love to see a WH team in KOF or a WH 3 someday.

While on the subject of FH character(s) making a comeback,

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167998

Sorry if this is old news.

Red Falcon
5907th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 14 Jul 03:26post reply

quote:

Ha ha ha ha, Matlok is a goon now. He always looked like one, anyway.

Ikari Loona
192th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Mizoguchi revealed" , posted Sat 14 Jul 10:56post reply

quote:
Don't see what's so horrible about bringing ADK characters into a KOF game; be it 2D or 3D, especially after KOF XI added Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter characters (Don't even get me started on MOTW.).

NGBC was the ultimate slap in the face for the ADK haters that thought they'd never see an ADK character in a SNK game. I for one would love to see a WH team in KOF or a WH 3 someday.

My major issue with ADK is the fact that with their major series World Heroes' plot being mostly based on time travelling it'd be even harder to come up with a unified timeline that makes sense for all characters (which wasn't a problem with NGBC, but could be with KoF or Garou) - however, KoF XI tossed in a couple of elements that may reduce this problem, one being the inclusion of Fuun series characters, which are from the future in the Garou time line, the other is Magaki's story for KoF XI (at http://www.cyberfanatix.com/page.php?id=654&PHPSESSID=d25d13e357ec6a6c74bcf633e5b72a09 ):

"In light of the details of said matter, it is my firm conviction that these people managed to make use of those rare astronomical occurrences to leap forward in time. Given that we have evidence of their appearance at various points in history, I do not doubt that these are the same individuals."

There's some hint of time-travelling here, even if it's only travelling forward - this could help toss in time manipulation into the official plot, and who knows, make sense of at least 3 or 4 diverging timelines, or at least plant the seed for that to work someday (and toss in some World Heroes characters into the man series)... not unlike DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths - SNK's beginning to have more and more in common with them, considering the licenses they've adquired and have included in their games...

My minor issue with ADK is that I just don't like most of their designs, which doesn't mean I can't warm up to a few.

quote:
While on the subject of FH character(s) making a comeback,

Not to me it wasn't, thanks - I'm curious to see who else they toss in there as playables and grunts, since boss-wise there's plenty to pick from.
At least the KoF M" cellphone game made it here, hope this one does too...