Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Fido" , posted Sat 12 May 02:02post reply

quote:
http://lionsgate.com/fido/

hay guyz, the zombie train's comin to town
another zombie movie for the summer. i'm excited

looks dumb

I'll watch it.

seems like they got the idea from the end of shaun of the dead, eh?

Juke Joint Jezebel
3562th Post

user profileedit/delete message

"Re(2):Fido" , posted Sat 12 May 05:45post reply

if by 'looks dumb,' you mean it 'looks fantastic,' then yes, exodus, it does look fantastic!

another one i'm excited about -- Black Sheep

Undead Fred
2836th Post

"Re(3):Fido" , posted Sat 12 May 06:14post reply

quote:
if by 'looks dumb,' you mean it 'looks fantastic,' then yes, exodus, it does look fantastic!

It's like back in the 90's when people were saying "stupid" when they meant "incredibly awesome"!

This movie sort of strikes me as the Shaun ending set in Stubbs the Zombie's world. I think it's gonna be STUPID FLY DUMB FRESH

exodus
3868th Post

"Re(3):Fido" , posted Sun 13 May 11:19post reply

quote:

that's sort of what I meant, but....yeahhhh

p.s. 28 weeks later am teh sux, but oh wells.

undead fred - that's exactly the vibe I got.

Ishmael
2821th Post

"Re(4):Fido" , posted Tue 15 May 22:15post reply

quote:
p.s. 28 weeks later am teh sux, but oh wells.

Zombie movies need to be judged on a sliding scale and I had a few issues with some of the things in 28 Days Later but even with all that there was still something a little off-putting about 28 Weeks Later. I think it's because 28 Days had such a sense of place to it while the international cast and crew of 28 Weeks caused the sequel to feel like a much more generic action movie.

exodus
3875th Post

"Re(5):Fido" , posted Fri 18 May 14:31post reply

quote:
I think it's because 28 Days had such a sense of place to it while the international cast and crew of 28 Weeks caused the sequel to feel like a much more generic action movie.

the crap script, storyline, scenario, and pacing may have had something to do with it as well. just saying!

Ishmael
2824th Post

"Zombie vs Helicopter" , posted Sun 20 May 05:27post reply

quote:

the crap script, storyline, scenario, and pacing may have had something to do with it as well. just saying!

Details, details.

What I found most intriguing about 28 Weeks Later was that it was the second film I've seen this year in which a horde of zombies are destroyed by helicopter blades. I would have thought that would be a fairly unique sight but I've already seen that particular type of carnage twice and it's not even June. How many more movies this year are going to feature zombie/helicopter action? Will the next Drew Barrymore chick flick feature a brief diversion from the romantic comedy plot during which time she has to plow a chopper through a crowd of the undead? I don't know, but wherever it shows up I'm looking forward to whatever helicopter on zombie violence is unspooled next.

Evenor
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Fido" , posted Sun 20 May 10:45post reply

quote:

another one i'm excited about -- Black Sheep

Oh my god that looks amazing.

SPEAKING OF (zombie) MOVIES, has anyone else been keeping up with the progress of the film " WORST CASE SCENARIO"?

Check out both promos.

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

Undead Fred
2840th Post

"Re(6):Fido" , posted Sun 20 May 17:13post reply

quote:
I think it's because 28 Days had such a sense of place to it while the international cast and crew of 28 Weeks caused the sequel to feel like a much more generic action movie.

Well, sounds like my nose was right on target... something smelled rotten from the previews, and I guess I was right. I wasn't too happy just from hearing that they made a sequel in the first place. "Yeah, I know the story was complete and the conflict was resolved and we got the point and everything in the first movie.................... but..... let's... make another one for no reason." Anyway, if I get a positive review from any of my TRUSTED SOURCES, I'll check it out, but otherwise, I'm staying far, far away.

At least I've got Fido to look forward to.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3563th Post

"Re(7):Fido" , posted Mon 21 May 14:10post reply

quote:
Anyway, if I get a positive review from any of my TRUSTED SOURCES, I'll check it out, but otherwise, I'm staying far, far away.

eh, I enjoyed it thoroughly. The only thing I didn't like was

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
RECURRING DAD MINI-BOSS!

End of Spoiler

which I thought was ultra-goofy in so many ways. Also, it seemed to have ended too early. I was hoping it would drag on for a more successful resolution.

Keep in mind, I didn't see the first one, and I was drinking when I saw this one. So maybe I'm
not the right person to listen to.