those who follow the japanese game industry - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1627 Views )

exodus
3862th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"those who follow the japanese game industry" , posted Tue 8 May 02:31:post reply

should check my latest interview. I usually don't brag (too much) but this is one of the better interviews I've done in terms of the amount of new information it brings to the table. Lots of info about mikami, inaba, mizuguchi, lost odyssey, futatsugi, okamoto...everybody. check it outttttttt.

[edit]
oh yeah...matsuno too! apparently he's 'talking' to sakaguchi right now.

[this message was edited by exodus on Tue 8 May 02:33]

Replies:

Ktallguy
898th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Tue 8 May 06:08post reply

Yes, it's a thought provoking interview.

Although I'm not totally enthused with some of the design choices for Lost Odyssey (Random Battles :[), I can say that if any game will force me to buy an Xbox 360, this one would be it.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

I just hope it doesn't break...

End of Spoiler

Play to win.

Gojira
2134th Post

"Re(2):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Tue 8 May 09:31post reply

I'm a little relieved that Lost Oddysey will be a little more traditional than I was led to believe. It sounds basically like Final Fantasy with a different name, maybe even moreso now that FF has become this entity of odd gaiden adventures, splits and spinoffs of spinoffs.

What really surprised me though is hearing that Mikami left Capcom. Wasn't he involved in RE5? Could this be related to the reason why we haven't heard anything about the game since last year?

exodus
3863th Post

"Re(3):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Tue 8 May 11:15post reply

quote:
What really surprised me though is hearing that Mikami left Capcom. Wasn't he involved in RE5? Could this be related to the reason why we haven't heard anything about the game since last year?

at the most he could have been consulting, which I think they said at one time. But it was always being directed by somebody else...I think one of the art fellows from RE4. Guess we'll see...

Zepy
1354th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Tue 8 May 14:30post reply

Very nice interview! Lovely brandon naming all the names of people I never even knew.

exodus
3864th Post

"Re(5):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Tue 8 May 16:19post reply

quote:
Very nice interview! Lovely brandon naming all the names of people I never even knew.

I made them up to see if you'd notice.

Time Mage
2542th Post

"Re(1):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Tue 8 May 17:22post reply

It's an excellent interview, indeed. I'm glad you posted it, otherwise I would have missed it.

It's really interesting to see a Japanese developer to talk so freely about the industry. Maybe it's because he has worked in the US previously, so he is more open minded.

Also, I knew Mistwalker was small but... It is REALLY small! I'm surprised, it's basically only Sakaguchi.

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Waaay~~ (Milky Waaaay)

exodus
3865th Post

"Re(2):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Wed 9 May 02:01post reply

quote:

Also, I knew Mistwalker was small but... It is REALLY small! I'm surprised, it's basically only Sakaguchi.

sounds like he's got the high life. just thinking up concepts and writing, and spending half his time in japan, half in hawaii. If only I had created a multi-million-selling franchise!

Maou
1082th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):those who follow the japanese game indu" , posted Wed 9 May 02:41post reply

Wow, the high life indeed! Since it really is practically just -him- instead of him working with assorted business goons in Square-Enix, I'm hoping all the more that MistWalker really takes off. No, make that desperate for MistWalker to take off since I really enjoyed Sakaguchi's stuff and since I honestly don't see anyone besides some great composers and maybe a scenario writer or two left at Square who I like. Looking forward to reading your interview all the way through.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...