What now?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Replies:

Ishmael
2808th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 04:46post reply

It sounds like he was polietly but firmly shoved out but the end result is the same.
quote:
What now?

That's a good question. Will anybody be able to do anything with the current generation of hardware that Kutagari left for them?

Maou
1069th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 05:47:post reply

Ah, the venerable Sakaguchi Hironobu Technique! I hope Sony remembers to thank Square for the inspiration. But then again, I actually like Sakaguchi while Kutaragi seemed kind of...nuts lately.

And Ishmael, I wonder if he didn't leave people with a difficult-to-program-for, Saturn-esque machine (not in terms of power, of course). Might be a good time to jet from SCE anyway, forced or not, who knows.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 27 Apr 05:48]

exodus
3853th Post

"Re(3):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 08:05post reply

quote:

And Ishmael, I wonder if he didn't leave people with a difficult-to-program-for, Saturn-esque machine (not in terms of power, of course).

not in terms of awesome import games either!

Satoshi Miwa
2806th Post

"Re(4):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 10:06post reply

quote:

And Ishmael, I wonder if he didn't leave people with a difficult-to-program-for, Saturn-esque machine (not in terms of power, of course).

not in terms of awesome import games either!

And the PS3 isn't region locked for games too...Funny this would be the first PS system to do that.

This is probably good news for Sony, as it allows Kaz and Phil Harrison to continue with the damage control from the worst system launch ever. (And Phil has been doing a good job). And from a lot of reports I've been reading the system doesn't seem that hard to code for, it's just a bit different. So it doesn't seem to be Saturn like yet in the dev scene..

If anything I see a price cut coming soon, especially since the BluRay diaodes now cost less to make. And because MIcrosoft missed it's chance to cut the price on the 360 (Probably because they still aren't close to making money on the machine) we could see a very intresting fall shape up if Sony would cut the price on the PS3...

exodus
3854th Post

"Re(5):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 10:28post reply

quote:

And the PS3 isn't region locked for games too...Funny this would be the first PS system to do that.

PSP actually! PS3 still has some stuff region locked.

hikarutilmitt
389th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 11:58post reply

quote:

Like what?

Satoshi Miwa
2807th Post

"Re(7):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 12:47post reply

quote:

Like what?

Blu Ray movies are region locked, though we are in the same region as Japan so that doesn't matter anyway...:)

sabo10
1395th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 13:10post reply

I love Sakaguchi Hironobu's characters.

Satoshi Miwa
2808th Post

"Re(2):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Fri 27 Apr 13:50post reply

quote:
It sounds like he was polietly but firmly shoved out but the end result is the same.
What now?
That's a good question. Will anybody be able to do anything with the current generation of hardware that Kutagari left for them?

The funny thing is I like alot of what the PS3 has done out of the box. From using industry standards for alot of it's hardware (Standard Notebook Hardrives for easy upgrading, Memory card slots, and the HDMI cable) to actually being the most visually pleasing PS home launch console. If it didn't costs so dang much it might actually sell more...

But well, it costs about as much as a low end LCD HDTV so none of those things mean a hill of beans...

(Though I'd laugh if Kaz cut the price to 395/295 and took all the credit for the success...It'd just be so...lol).

Oh, and in other news - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169800.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

The division that houses Microsoft's 360 is losing money. Probably more due to the Zune than anything else. But that maybe why Microsoft didn't do a Price cut when they announced the 360 Elite. Because they are yet to be making money on the machine...(Which is a shame, because if they moved the Premium down to Core price and sold the Elite at 395 they could of really killed the Ps3. Now it may be too late and Sony may beat them to the Price Cut punch...)

exodus
3855th Post

"Re(8):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Sat 28 Apr 01:49post reply

quote:

Blu Ray movies are region locked, though we are in the same region as Japan so that doesn't matter anyway...:)

backward compatibility, too.

crazymike
1293th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Kutaragi jumps off SCEI" , posted Sat 28 Apr 03:10post reply

I'm dissapointed Kutaragi did not commit Seppeku.