Pen tablet question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1609 Views )

GekigangerV
1324th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Pen tablet question" , posted Mon 9 Apr 13:29post reply

I was wondering if anyone here heard of Hanvok(Hanvox) Pen tablets? I saw them at Fry's Electronics here in Arizona for $60 which is $40 less than the Wacom tablet. I tried doing a google search for them and seeing if any were on Ebay, but all I get is the formal Korean clothing.

I am interested in getting a pen table for the sake of some random side drawing for fun and if the Hanvok was good.

Replies:

Digitalboy
412th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Pen tablet question" , posted Tue 10 Apr 03:03post reply

I have the Wacom that I think you are typing about. It comes with a mouse no? It does the job for me. I know that you wanted to know about the Hanvok sorry could not be much help.
quote:
I was wondering if anyone here heard of Hanvok(Hanvox) Pen tablets? I saw them at Fry's Electronics here in Arizona for $60 which is $40 less than the Wacom tablet. I tried doing a google search for them and seeing if any were on Ebay, but all I get is the formal Korean clothing.

I am interested in getting a pen table for the sake of some random side drawing for fun and if the Hanvok was good.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Gojira
2120th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Pen tablet question" , posted Tue 10 Apr 03:34post reply

I've never heard of it, but if you want a tablet just get a Wacom. Seriously, the only tablets better than a Wacom are at least twice as expensive. Before I got a Wacom I used to have a cheaper tablet from some company I'd never heard of and the thing lasted no more than a few months before it started crapping out on me. And once they start crapping out, don't expect the company you never heard of to be much help.

Digitalboy
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Pen tablet question" , posted Tue 10 Apr 08:13post reply

You get what you paid for...that was what I wanted to type. Man I am so awkward.
quote:
Seriously, the only tablets better than a Wacom are at least twice as expensive.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Undead Fred
2828th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"WAAAAAAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMZZZZZZZZ" , posted Tue 10 Apr 13:01post reply

quote:
I've never heard of it, but if you want a tablet just get a Wacom. Seriously, the only tablets better than a Wacom are at least twice as expensive. Before I got a Wacom I used to have a cheaper tablet from some company I'd never heard of and the thing lasted no more than a few months before it started crapping out on me. And once they start crapping out, don't expect the company you never heard of to be much help.

Thirded. No reason not to get a Wacom if you're in the market for a tablet. I've owned mine for something like 4-5 years? And it still works just fine. It was the smallest and cheapest they offered at the time ($80 for 4x5 or whatever it was) and it's totally useable and worth every penny.

Ammadeau
1539th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):WAAAAAAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMZZZZZZZZ" , posted Tue 10 Apr 18:20post reply

quote:
Thirded. No reason not to get a Wacom if you're in the market for a tablet. I've owned mine for something like 4-5 years? And it still works just fine. It was the smallest and cheapest they offered at the time ($80 for 4x5 or whatever it was) and it's totally useable and worth every penny.

I can beat that. My own Wacom must be nearly 10 years old by now, predates USB, and still works as good as when I bought it, which is pretty damn good. You can get a used one for decent prices too. No reason to go anywhere else.