Fate/Stay Night fighting game by Capcom - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4202 Views )

Zepy
1333th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Fate/Stay Night fighting game by Capcom" , posted Thu 5 Apr 00:08:post reply

Fate/Tiger Colosseum. For the PSP

Well, technically it is more of an action fighting game. And it's being developed by Cavia.

[this message was edited by Zepy on Thu 5 Apr 00:11]

Replies:

exodus
3829th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Fate/Stay Night fighting game by Capcom" , posted Thu 5 Apr 01:23post reply

quote:
Fate/Tiger Colosseum. For the PSP

Well, technically it is more of an action fighting game. And it's being developed by Cavia.

hmm, a bit powerstone, isn't it?

Gojira
2118th Post

"Re(2):Fate/Stay Night fighting game by Capcom" , posted Thu 5 Apr 02:02post reply

What a pretty logo!

Evenor
545th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Fate/Stay Night fighting game by Capcom" , posted Thu 5 Apr 02:24post reply

quote:
What a pretty logo!

Too bad its on psp ;(.

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

exodus
3830th Post

"Re(4):Fate/Stay Night fighting game by Capcom" , posted Thu 5 Apr 02:29post reply

quote:
Too bad its on psp ;(.

yeah...capcom hasn't learned their lesson because that monster hunter thingie did so well.

Bata kun
3036th Post

"Re(5):Fate/Stay Night fighting game by Capcom" , posted Fri 6 Apr 13:03post reply

quote:
Too bad its on psp ;(.

yeah...capcom hasn't learned their lesson because that monster hunter thingie did so well.

As much as I want this to be on the DS, it'll remain nothing but a dream. The NGPC would have been a very good system because the game would so work with a stick. Oh well.

ふもっふ!

Zepy
1335th Post

"Ar Tonelico 2" , posted Wed 11 Apr 20:54post reply

Scans: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

For the PS2. Currently 60% completed. Release date not announced.

Holiday
2574th Post

"Re(1):Ar Tonelico 2" , posted Thu 12 Apr 00:30post reply

That's really great news!
I really hope that we'll get to bump into the characters from the 1st Ar-Tonelico so that I can finally give Lyner the beating he deserves.

Maou
1045th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Ar Tonelico 2" , posted Thu 12 Apr 01:43post reply

quote:
Scans: 5

Heheheheheh, more probing of the girls'...psyches, I see. Hey beavis, you said 'psyche.'

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Zepy
1337th Post

"Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 03:01post reply

Arcana Heart sequel announced

And lots of staff recruitment

Ishmael
2789th Post

"Re(1):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 04:26post reply

quote:

Interesting, I wasn't aware that the game had enough of a following to warrent a sequel. Or is this another one of those cases of where the company decided they already had the game engine and sprites so they might as well publish something else with it?

Zepy
1338th Post

"Re(2):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 07:01post reply

quote:
Interesting, I wasn't aware that the game had enough of a following to warrent a sequel. Or is this another one of those cases of where the company decided they already had the game engine and sprites so they might as well publish something else with it?

Oh Arcana Heart took over all 2D fighters in arcades. It's very successful.

Pollyanna
2196th Post

"Re(3):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 07:32post reply

quote:

Oh Arcana Heart took over all 2D fighters in arcades. It's very successful.

That's vomit-inducingly bad news if everyone just runs the time down with infinites.

Kyouji
53th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 12:48post reply

quote:

Maybe I have the wrong impression, but I thought AH Full was going to be a revision, like Guilty Gear XX -> #Reload -> Slash -> Accent Core?

Zepy
1339th Post

"Re(2):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 13:39post reply

Oh Arcana Heart Full is already out, this is different from Arcana Heart Full.

Red Falcon
5773th Post

"Re(3):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 13:57:post reply

quote:

Really? Most of the people I've spoken to who play fighters in Japan hate Arcana Hearts. The revision is causing issues in the U.S. in terms of SBO entries for the U.S. (They're also dicking over arcade owners, charging full price for the revision. Booo, even Capcom didn't do that.) The girl with the blob (can't remember anyone's name... nobody really is interesting in it.) has some combo that lasts a minute and 10 seconds in real time.. it's just standing punch B and then her DP + B over and over.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Fri 13 Apr 13:59]

Kyouji
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 17:44post reply

quote:

Oh! That's pretty rad then. Thanks for the clarification. I hope this means we'll get a home port of AH/AH Full soon. ;3

Zepy
1340th Post

"Re(4):Arcana Heart 2" , posted Fri 13 Apr 18:47post reply

quote:
Really? Most of the people I've spoken to who play fighters in Japan hate Arcana Hearts. The revision is causing issues in the U.S. in terms of SBO entries for the U.S. (They're also dicking over arcade owners, charging full price for the revision. Booo, even Capcom didn't do that.)

Oh they heard the complaints about the price for the upgrade kits and slashed the price by 50% quite a while back. Being popular doesn't mean people have to like it I guess, MvC2 was very popular yet you'd be hard pressed to find a person who likes it.

Did Capcom never charge full price for their revisions? I thought they were the original sin with some of their less popular street fighter/darkstalker revisions that are so hard to find in arcades because of the high prices at they charged at time of release.

Zepy
1348th Post

"Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Thu 19 Apr 14:23post reply

Beautiful Katamari Damashii for PS3 and Xbox 360

They really should stop making sequels for this game.

Scans: 1, 2, 3

Maou
1063th Post

"Re(1):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Thu 19 Apr 14:48post reply

Yarg, at least we haven't had to deal with Wander and the Colossus 2. On the plus side, Morikawa's hair is dynamite.

Ammadeau
1540th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Thu 19 Apr 18:21post reply

I loved the two games, but this is just pointless. Even online play holds no interest for me.

Pollyanna
2208th Post

"Re(3):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Thu 19 Apr 19:57post reply

I guess you guys don't enjoy fun, innovative games, huh? You know...ones that are original and offer something completely new? You'd rather play boring sequels that are barely different than the last game in the series.

You guys just aren't cool enough for Katamari Damacy.

Ishmael
2798th Post

"Re(4):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Thu 19 Apr 21:01post reply

Now, wait, who is making this game? I thought the KD team had dissolved. If Keita Takahashi isn't making this game, who is? Is there going to be anything new added to the Katamari stew or is this just an opportunity for next gen systems to have a shot at rolling action?

Those are some nice pantaloons the King is sporting, by the way.

exodus
3845th Post

"Re(4):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Fri 20 Apr 02:22post reply

quote:
I guess you guys don't enjoy fun, innovative games, huh? You know...ones that are original and offer something completely new? You'd rather play boring sequels that are barely different than the last game in the series.

you're confusing me. are you saying the katamari sequels are not like that last sentence of yours?

Maou
1064th Post

"Re(5):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Fri 20 Apr 03:00post reply

Yeah, I think I got the concept of that sarcasm but I think one thread of the structure may be a bit loose. Please revise and re-submit for final grade to be the average of the two jokes. ---Teacher

Pollyanna
2209th Post

"Re(5):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Fri 20 Apr 06:21post reply

quote:

you're confusing me. are you saying the katamari sequels are not like that last sentence of yours?

No, that's the absolute opposite of what I'm saying. It was a joke, but as Maou said, evidently not a very good one. I'm not writing it again, though...and I'm withdrawing from the course. I'm a quitter (and a "hater), not a fighter.

Maou
1065th Post

"Re(6):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Fri 20 Apr 06:26post reply

Nonono not 'bad' just a little confusing! Wasn't sure if it was that people who said only Katamari 1 was original were sounding like elitists or if people who bought lookalike sequels to the wonderful original weren't getting the point (that when a unique genre-busting game is forced to have sequels, it's pointless). Both could be said farily, though I obviously don't like the sequels. personally.

CHAZumaru
476th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Sat 21 Apr 23:50post reply

quote:

It was a joke, but as Maou said, evidently not a very good one.

It was a clever joke.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

HAYATO
775th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Sun 22 Apr 04:06post reply

quote:
Yarg, at least we haven't had to deal with Wander and the Colossus 2. On the plus side, Morikawa's hair is dynamite.

Perhaps not a sequel, but an improved version for next-gen consoles (i.e. PS3) would be completely awesome!!!

exodus
3847th Post

"Re(7):Beautiful Katamari Damashii" , posted Sun 22 Apr 18:55post reply

quote:

It was a clever joke.

you are a clever joke!
hoho!

Zepy
1350th Post

"Dragon Quest 9 not Action RPG & KOFXII dotter" , posted Fri 27 Apr 04:04:post reply

It's not an action RPG

edit:
SNK Playmore hiring part-time dot artists to do KOFXII
I really want to know what happened to all the awesome dot artists that SNK had many many years ago.

[this message was edited by Zepy on Fri 27 Apr 04:23]

Ishmael
2807th Post

"Re(1):Dragon Quest 9 not Action RPG & KOFXII " , posted Fri 27 Apr 04:36post reply

quote:
It's not an action RPG

Ooh, you can modify the look of the main character. Now if I can only resist the urge to make star of the game look as stupid as possible...

Pollyanna
2214th Post

"Re(2):Dragon Quest 9 not Action RPG & KOFXII" , posted Fri 27 Apr 05:02post reply

quote:

Ooh, you can modify the look of the main character. Now if I can only resist the urge to make star of the game look as stupid as possible...

Well, it's more like making your own character, since you can play it with other people.

That's where I'm confused, though...turn-based multiplayer seems like a bit of a waste.

Evenor
554th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Dragon Quest 9 not Action RPG & KOFXII" , posted Fri 27 Apr 05:04:post reply

quote:

SNK Playmore hiring part-time dot artists to do KOFXII

LOL at "colse".

I want Nona to be resurrected. S/He's overdue ;_;

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

[this message was edited by Evenor on Fri 27 Apr 05:05]

Maou
1069th Post

"Re(2):Dragon Quest 9 not Action RPG & KOFXII" , posted Fri 27 Apr 05:53post reply

quote:
Now if I can only resist the urge to make star of the game look as stupid as possible...

I insist that my guy will have a sweet Turban. I hated Soul Calibur 3 compared to 2, but creating Sgt. Swugar, a tambourine-wielding female pirate by accident, almost made it okay.

And meanwhile, did Enix balk at people's consternation that it'd be an action RPG and change the system? Or was that never nailed down for sure anyway? I forget...

Nate
852th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Dragon Quest 9 not Action RPG & KOFXII" , posted Fri 27 Apr 07:30post reply

quote:

And meanwhile, did Enix balk at people's consternation that it'd be an action RPG and change the system? Or was that never nailed down for sure anyway? I forget...

I'm wondering if maybe you'll have the option between "active" (ARPG mode) and "passive/classic" (boring-ass turn-based mode) in the final product. I hope so. I'm not as excited about playing this game with friends if I have to wait for them to choose commands....

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

exodus
3852th Post

"Re(2):Dragon Quest 9 not Action RPG & KOFXII" , posted Fri 27 Apr 08:04post reply

quote:

LOL at "colse".

I want Nona to be resurrected. S/He's overdue ;_;

garelly!

also - nona's a dude.

Zepy
1351th Post

"Gyakuten Saiban TV drama" , posted Fri 27 Apr 08:53:post reply

Oh I forgot about this
The TV drama is a 5~10 minute episode with some case for viewers to solve and will go on air during the golden week next week.

Also Pollyanna, how was Grim Grimoire? I remember you mentioning you were getting the game in another thread, I was wondering if it was any good. It looked so... nice but possibly not fun.

I wonder if DQ9 will allow online play though! Turn based battle will probably to be able to take care of the lag issues, it could be fun.

[this message was edited by Zepy on Fri 27 Apr 14:45]

Pollyanna
2215th Post

"Re(1):Gyakuten Saiban TV drama" , posted Fri 27 Apr 12:04post reply

quote:

Also Pollyanna, how was Grim Grimoire? I remember you mentioning you were getting the game in another thread, I was wondering if it was any good. It looked so... nice but possibly not fun.

I like it! Aside from the excellent graphics, the music and voice acting are pretty good, too. Altogether, it's got a nice presentation. Enjoyable story, too.

The gameplay is...kinda like Starcraft or something? So if you dislike real time strategy, I don't know if it'll win you over. I've heard that it's very "streamlined" in terms of RTS games, but I don't have enough experience to say for sure.

I've had a tremendously good time with it thus far. My only real complaint is that in a real-time game without a mouse, you're kind of...scrolling around a lot. It's also not especially long, but playing through again on hard mode is definitely an option (not that it's too easy on normal...it can get a bit challenging at times).

I would say if it looks appealing to you, and you're not opposed to playing an RTS game, I would highly recommend it.

I know that's kind of a vague description of things, but I could go into more detail if you like.

I guess one important thing is that you can put dragons to sleep with cats. That's always been a dream of mine.

Zepy
1351th Post

"Re(2):Gyakuten Saiban TV drama" , posted Fri 27 Apr 15:27post reply

That actually sounds pretty good, I'm not really a fan of RTS but I do enjoy RTS games from time to time so it sounds like it would be alright.

It's good to know the storyline is enjoyable though! I will probably try to play it soon, I think. After I'm done with P3 Fes.

Zepy
1352th Post

"Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Thu 3 May 12:44post reply

Dokidoki majo shinpan is top on amazon's best seller list beating FF tactics PSP and Odin's Sphere that are being released this month!

Amazon bestseller list
Producer's comment on it

SNKP's future has been determined. No more games with crappy sales like KOF when they can make big money with games like these!

Gojira
2129th Post

"Re(1):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Thu 3 May 21:21post reply

Well, I guess nobody can say that they don't know what they're doing now.

KTallguy
895th Post

"Re(1):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Fri 4 May 02:17post reply

quote:
Dokidoki majo shinpan is top on amazon's best seller list beating FF tactics PSP and Odin's Sphere that are being released this month!

Amazon bestseller list
Producer's comment on it

SNKP's future has been determined. No more games with crappy sales like KOF when they can make big money with games like these!

I'm looking forward to impressions. How low can SNKP go ?

Play to win.

kofoguz
528th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Fri 4 May 03:39post reply

quote:
Dokidoki majo shinpan is top on amazon's
Producer's comment on it

What does it say?

Maou
1079th Post

"Re(2):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Fri 4 May 04:15:post reply

Hahahah, he couldn't believe it himself that it was no.1 on the Amazon Japan reserves, and is blessed by nice users and staff etc., including young people who apparently have a 'gaming spirit' that's resulted in such a great product...making him believe that the future of gaming is bright! Ahahahahahahhaha if Dokimajo is the bright future of gaming, war is peace and ignorance is strength.

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 4 May 04:15]

Ishmael
2812th Post

"Re(3):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Fri 4 May 04:42post reply

I knew that Iggy was right when he predicted that SNK would eventually turn into an ero game company. What I didn't anticipate was how warmly this shift would be received by the general public.

Recap
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Fri 4 May 05:55post reply

But everybody here knew there's no future, right?

Maou
1080th Post

"Re(4):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Fri 4 May 06:21post reply

quote:

The end comes...beyond chaos.

KTallguy
896th Post

"Re(5):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Fri 4 May 13:33post reply

quote:
The end comes...beyond chaos.

SPOILER ALERT

Play to win.

exodus
3856th Post

"Re(6):Dokidoki majo shinpan is Amazon #1 game" , posted Sat 5 May 01:24post reply

with this and days of memories...man! what a time to be alive, such as it is.

Maou
1081th Post

"Re(7):Dokidoki majo Brandon" , posted Sat 5 May 02:53post reply

quote:
with this and days of memories...man! what a time to be alive, such as it is.

On the other hand, it IS a good time to be alive when you're a guest on the same radio show as Toasty Frog! You modest fella, shoulda told us.

exodus
3857th Post

"Re(8):Dokidoki majo Brandon" , posted Sat 5 May 07:20post reply

yeah...the conversation was only ok. if there'd been more people there that cared about the system we would've had a much nerdier discussion!

Zepy
1353th Post

"Re(9):Dokidoki low budget" , posted Sat 5 May 10:43post reply

I didn't notice this but they were saying here on this developer's commentary that the dokidoki majo shinpan site looked so strangely bad because they didn't have the budget to make a proper website!

All this while I thought it was a retro design style!

Bata kun
3041th Post

"Re(10):Dokidoki low budget" , posted Sat 5 May 11:28post reply

quote:
I didn't notice this but they were saying here on this developer's commentary that the dokidoki majo shinpan site looked so strangely bad because they didn't have the budget to make a proper website!

All this while I thought it was a retro design style!

Ha ha ha! At least it looked better than I thought. It sure beats seeing "Colse". =P

ふもっふ!

exodus
3858th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Dokidoki low budget" , posted Mon 7 May 02:48post reply

quote:
It sure beats seeing "Colse". =P

garrely!

Zepy
1356th Post

"Capcom educational textbook in schools" , posted Wed 9 May 11:51post reply

Capcom releases educational textbook for schools

They sent it to 24,000 primary schools and 2,700 public libraries in Japan. Supposed to teach children difficult concepts via comics. Contains information on the things that a game creator does, the development process in creating a game, how games affect the brain, and also how economically competitive the game industry is.

And the proper way to be playing games too, but we all know we should only play 1 hour a day like what takahashi meijin tells us.

Ishmael
2819th Post

"Re(1):Capcom educational textbook in schools" , posted Thu 10 May 01:18post reply

That is interesting but what was the motivation behind doing this? Is Capcom working with a publisher of educational manga? Or is this some sort of subtle advertising campaign?

exodus
3866th Post

"Re(2):Capcom educational textbook in schools" , posted Thu 10 May 06:05post reply

quote:
That is interesting but what was the motivation behind doing this?

boobies probably. schoolteachers can be hot?

more likely they see the successes other companies are having in 'serious games' or educational areas and want to muscle in...

nobinobita
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Capcom educational textbook in schools" , posted Fri 11 May 01:04post reply

quote:

more likely they see the successes other companies are having in 'serious games' or educational areas and want to muscle in...

Also, they're getting to make a deep impression on those kids at an early age. Capcom will be the first company they associate with videogames. I wonder if Nintendo has gotten in on this action, as it seems right up their ally.

Zepy
1360th Post

"Re(4):Capcom educational textbook in schools" , posted Fri 11 May 05:55post reply

quote:
Also, they're getting to make a deep impression on those kids at an early age.

Down R Up L Y B