Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick to buy? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1896 Views )

HAYATO
767th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick to buy?" , posted Wed 4 Apr 23:20post reply

Hey guys!!! I got a job at last, and now that I'm dirty rich (compared to my previous monetary situation), I was thinking about purchasing a PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick.

Some months ago someone here told me that this one was the best one, even better than the all-known, MAME standard X-Arcade. Is this one still the best in the market? Where can I get it, and how can I connect it to my PC (I mean converters)?

Thanks in advance dudes!!!

Replies:

Samson
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Wed 4 Apr 23:47post reply

quote:
Hey guys!!! I got a job at last, and now that I'm dirty rich (compared to my previous monetary situation), I was thinking about purchasing a PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick.

Some months ago someone here told me that this one was the best one, even better than the all-known, MAME standard X-Arcade. Is this one still the best in the market? Where can I get it, and how can I connect it to my PC (I mean converters)?

This should do the trick :
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-1hv.html

shindekudasai
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Thu 5 Apr 00:44post reply

just be careful, because not all arcade sticks work with ps2 pad converters. Twice now I've purchased a stick at a gamestop/eb, gotten excited about playing my pc games with it, and found that it simply won't map the stick. and of course gamestops are douchebags about returning opened merchandise...

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Recap
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Thu 5 Apr 00:53post reply

quote:

Some months ago someone here told me that this one was the best one, even better than the all-known, MAME standard X-Arcade. Is this one still the best in the market?

While it may be the best official solution (and miles away from the X-Arcade), the RAP is far from being recommendable, especially if you have to import it. Shipping costs make of it a too expensive item for what you get.

Many people are making custom arcade sticks these days, where you use true arcade parts and a nicer button layout. There're many different types of Japanese parts to choose out there, though, which could be an issue if you don't have the chance to test them before ordering. This article can help you there:

http://postback.geedorah.com/informes/informe_eligiendo_componentes_para_un_arcade_stick.html

As for the PS-USB adaptor, I also suggest the PC Magic Box, especially if you have SS and DC controllers too.

Evenor
546th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Thu 5 Apr 02:27post reply

quote:

Hori sticks are really worth it. I own the CFJ edition. The only negative thing about it is the ugly face of Ingrid plastered on the interface.

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

HAYATO
769th Post

"Re(2):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Thu 5 Apr 03:03:post reply

It seems that the RAP is out of stock right now in Play-Asia. What do you think of this other one? Should I wait for the RAP or this is good enough?

[this message was edited by HAYATO on Thu 5 Apr 03:04]

hikarutilmitt
377th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Thu 5 Apr 04:27post reply

quote:
It seems that the RAP is out of stock right now in Play-Asia. What do you think of this other one? Should I wait for the RAP or this is good enough?

If you get a Hori get the HRAP line, not the fighting stick line. I've no personal experience with them AFAIK, but everything I've heard from stick users is that the HFS is a terrible stick.

If you could hunt down a Tekken 5 stick they're very nice and almost HRAP, but still a good deal above HFS in terms of quality.

And yes the "best" way to go is with a custom stick if you have the time and don't mind getting your hands dirty. It can cost $60 or more to make one depending on the parts you use, but it'd be worth it.

HAYATO
769th Post

"Re(4):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Thu 5 Apr 20:42post reply

quote:

If you get a Hori get the HRAP line, not the fighting stick line. I've no personal experience with them AFAIK, but everything I've heard from stick users is that the HFS is a terrible stick.

If you could hunt down a Tekken 5 stick they're very nice and almost HRAP, but still a good deal above HFS in terms of quality.

And yes the "best" way to go is with a custom stick if you have the time and don't mind getting your hands dirty. It can cost $60 or more to make one depending on the parts you use, but it'd be worth it.

Ok, I guess I'll go for the HRAP, due to the amount of positive feedback... Now, the only thing I need is a place to buy it. Anyone knows where to get it on-line, besides Play-Asia (it seems they are out of stock right now)?

crazymike
1280th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Sat 7 Apr 23:50post reply

Only stick I got is the Street Fighter anniversary stick, but can I just say that I think it is annoying that all sticks seem to want to put 8 buttons instead of 6, which is silly and I hate it because my fingers tend to slip and hit these extra ones.

Something to be said about making a custom stick.

HAYATO
771th Post

"Re(5):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Tue 10 Apr 17:15post reply

One last thing dudes... Did anyone use the HRAP on his/her PC? Which converter did you use? Did you have any problems playing emulators with it?

hikarutilmitt
379th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Which PC&PS2 compatible Arcade Stick t" , posted Wed 11 Apr 09:11post reply

quote:
One last thing dudes... Did anyone use the HRAP on his/her PC? Which converter did you use? Did you have any problems playing emulators with it?

I used one of those cheapo $12 USB converters from Radio Shack with my Tekken 5 stick (again, almost a HRAP) and experienced no lag at all.