Moldy old SNES - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1616 Views )

crazymike
1276th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Moldy old SNES" , posted Mon 26 Mar 07:25post reply

Was just talking to someone on cam and they showed their snes and noticed it was brown and yellow, just like mine.

Anyone else got an SNES that is discolored after all these years? And why is it SNES's go bad but my nintendo is still grey as ever?

Replies:

Catalyst
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Moldy old SNES" , posted Mon 26 Mar 08:34post reply

quote:
Was just talking to someone on cam and they showed their snes and noticed it was brown and yellow, just like mine.

Anyone else got an SNES that is discolored after all these years? And why is it SNES's go bad but my nintendo is still grey as ever?

Mine is kinda getting there, traces of yellow but mostly still holding its ground. Maybe it turns yellow due to direct sunlight? mine is kept under a little housing base where my TV sits atop.

Tracking Treasure Down - Gabriel and Dresden

GekigangerV
1318th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Moldy old SNES" , posted Mon 26 Mar 09:28post reply

quote:

Mine is kinda getting there, traces of yellow but mostly still holding its ground. Maybe it turns yellow due to direct sunlight? mine is kept under a little housing base where my TV sits atop.

Here is a lengthy article that was posted on Kotaku a while back.

Link Here