TMNT Thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2097 Views )

GekigangerV
1316th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"TMNT Thread" , posted Sat 24 Mar 01:28post reply

I plan on seeing TMNT tonight and decided I would start this thread to throw out other TMNT related news.

First off I believe that they will air the "Lost Season" on 4Kids this weekend if you want to check that out. I got a torrent of the series which I believed was released on DVD in Australia. Apparently there is a canceled episode where it is revealed that

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

Garbage Man and Hun were conjoined twins and it was canceled for being too adult or something

End of Spoiler

I got the TMNT game for Gamecube and I have to say it is the WORST 3D TMNT game. The graphics are nice and some of the platforming abilities are cool(which I heard are recycled from the Prince of Persia games, but I wouldn't know since I never played those), but it is not enough to help this game.

This game is 95% platform jumping with 5% fighting. For the last 5 levels I have been roof jumping for 15 minutes with 2 minutes of fights and I am not exaggerating one bit. It is just a random combination of double jumping, wall climbing, and steam traps that goes on and on. The battle system seems nice at first, but has little variety. The moves flow well, but are repetitive and aren't too good except for Leo. There are special double team attacks that look nice, but I don't use them that often.

I guess I should have expected something below average since it is 1) A movie based games and 2) a 3D TMNT game, but KONAMI's games weren't this bad. Although Konami's 3D games never lived up to Turtles in Time, they were better than these games, especially Mutant Melee which I think is HIGHLY underrated.

I wonder how Ubisoft will do with Naruto.

I will post my thoughts on the movie tonight.

Replies:

Hagen de Merak
936th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):TMNT Thread" , posted Sat 24 Mar 16:16post reply

let us know if they made it for 2 year olds.

Burning Ranger
1472th Post

"Blatantly off topic..." , posted Sun 25 Mar 03:25post reply

But instead of TMNT, I went to a screening of "Hot Fuzz" last night (made by same director of "Shaun of the Dead" with the same actors) and sat through a Q&A with the director and actor. Hands down, Hot Fuzz tops any comedy cop movie to date. Even the Naked Gun.

Maybe I'll see TMNT later...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

GekigangerV
1317th Post

"Re(2):TMNT Thread" , posted Sun 25 Mar 04:40post reply

quote:
let us know if they made it for 2 year olds.

I was thinking from the previews that it would be really kiddy, but I guess they used all the kid scenes for the previews. It wasn't as dark as the first movie, but just a tad darker than the second one.

I really enjoyed the voice actors in this. Raph and Leo have a very good heated exchange near the end of the movie which came off well.

I was under the impression that this was in the same continuity as the live-action movies and they do hint heavily at them at the end, but for the most part this movie seems to go under its own continuity with small pieces of the live-action movie mixed in. One thing that really stands out in that regard is that Splinter has both ears.

They didn't really do too good of a job setting up Karai and the foot. The turtles meet up with the foot fighting a monster and Karai recognizes them and made a quick attack, but the turtles didn't know her and they wonder for just a brief second who the leader of the foot is, but drop that thought for the rest of the movie. The main conflict in this movie isn't really the turtles vs. the monsters, but Leo vs Raph. Which came off pretty good, but really didn't leave much for Mike and Don. Mako was a pretty good Splinter, but I wonder who will do the voice in the sequels(George Takei). They blatantly hint at Shredder coming back at the end. Over all I loved the movie, but it could have had more backstory on the foot.

End of Spoiler

Undead Fred
2807th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Sun 25 Mar 08:26post reply

I really liked it. Of course it was a little on the kiddy side and can't top the first movie and all that, but I still really enjoyed it and look forward to getting it on DVD. There were some stupid jokes here and there, but I could totally ignore them (not that ALL of the jokes weren't funny, though...).

ONE COMPLAINT!

How in the hell is April a ninja? I'm still wondering if I missed something... I figured she had toyed around with the Turtles' weapons a little over the years, but now she's an experienced fighter in a kunoichi outfit? That came completely out of nowhere for me. And... I guess she's not a reporter anymore?

End of Spoiler

Shooo-rook
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):TMNT Thread" , posted Sun 25 Mar 11:48post reply

quote:

I got the TMNT game for Gamecube and I have to say it is the WORST 3D TMNT game. The graphics are nice and some of the platforming abilities are cool(which I heard are recycled from the Prince of Persia games, but I wouldn't know since I never played those), but it is not enough to help this game.

I have heard from a blog, that the GBA TMNT game is worth-while. It is a 2d side scroller like the previous TMNT installments. So it sounds nostalgic towards the other TMNT games

Are you slave to the blade?

nobinobita
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):TMNT Thread" , posted Sun 25 Mar 14:43post reply

quote:

Raph and Leo have a very good heated exchange near the end of the movie which came off well.

That was definitely the best scene in the movie. The one thing that made me enjoy the movie is how they portray the relationship between Raph and Leo. They convey it with a suprising amount of depth and understanding of the characters and their family structure. They are the only well developed characters in the film, so if either of them were your favorite turtle than this movie should be enjoyable.

I went into the movie with horribly horribly low expectations and if you do the same you might enjoy it. I certainly did, in spite of how much i hated every single character design in the film (the turtles' noses are too bulbous and their eyes are too far apart and the badguys look like World of Warcraft rejects).

It was certainly more enjoyable than the majority of generic talking animal cg films out there and during the action scenes they ACTUALLY HIT PEOPLE with their WEAPONS! So that deserves some support, lest we return to the days of fight scenes exclusively composed of people making chandeliers, store signs, tree branches and other heavy hanging objects fall on their opponents.

Amakusa
690th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Sun 25 Mar 14:56post reply

quote:

ONE COMPLAINT!

April was only a reporter in the old cartoon.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Undead Fred
2811th Post

"Re(2):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Sun 25 Mar 16:57post reply

quote:

Well, in the movies, too. At least the first two... I had avoided the third.

crazymike
1273th Post

"Re(3):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Mon 26 Mar 05:17post reply

I haven't seen TMNT yet but the critics are bashing it. What I don't get is why critics will gush over a boy riding a broom, a big talking ogre, and a spiderman but think turtles is trash.

Baines
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Mon 26 Mar 06:59post reply

quote:
Well, in the movies, too. At least the first two... I had avoided the third.

The original movies were as much based on the old cartoon as the original comic. The new cartoon is closer to the original comic, so it would make sense for new movies to be different from the old movies.

Undead Fred
2812th Post

"Re(4):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Mon 26 Mar 07:24post reply

quote:
I haven't seen TMNT yet but the critics are bashing it. What I don't get is why critics will gush over a boy riding a broom, a big talking ogre, and a spiderman but think turtles is trash.

I was kind of surprised to hear that, so I went to RottenTomatoes.com to see what they were saying... I didn't quite understand why they hated it so much. Yeah, the jokes were pretty stupid for the most part, but they drew BIG GALES OF STUPID LAUGHTER in the full theater I saw it in. One or two of the jokes actually made me kind of laugh a bit. But other than that and the thing I was complaining about with April earlier, the story worked well enough and the visuals were good. I wasn't expecting the movie to revolutionize the way I see movies and give me heavy things to think about or anything else that I'm guessing the critics were expecting... I just expected a borderline kiddy movie that would be entertaining and that's exactly what I got. I didn't get bored, I wasn't pissed off by giant plot holes... I just came to see Ninja Turtles, and that's exactly what I got.

Black_Hayato
183th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Mon 26 Mar 11:02:post reply

I thought it was good, but not great with excellent va's. There were mostly old heads in the theater; so I think the fan base never really when away.

But the best part is Raph stealing the whole movie. They brought back "badass Raph".

[this message was edited by Black_Hayato on Mon 26 Mar 11:06]

D`Cloud
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Sun 1 Apr 18:22post reply

april looked bulimic :P

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.

HARO
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Mon 2 Apr 02:22post reply

I was really impressed with the movie. Like many, I walked in with the lowest of expectations... so that may have helped. But I thought the visuals and especially the score were very respectable. The story was decent also. I would have preferred and old school duel to the death with Shredder, but the brother interaction is what this movie was really all about. Good stuff.

nobinobita
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):GO NINJA GO NINJA GO" , posted Mon 2 Apr 13:56post reply

quote:
the brother interaction is what this movie was really all about. Good stuff.

I agree.

The fight between Raph and Leo was the highlight of the movie, not just for action, but in terms of character developement. I found it very moving that after Raphael defeated Leonardo, he was in such a state of panic that he just ran away immediately. Although he's always wanted to beat Leo, when it finally happened it felt so unnatural and unreal that it was upsetting. It showed that he actually did have alot of respect for Leo and really did think of him as his older brother.

End of Spoiler