Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3311 Views )

Just a Person
859th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 03:40post reply

For those who didn't see this "news" yet, here it goes: itīs Mushroom Kingdom Hearts!!!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Obviously, this is the infamous April Fools rumour from EGM this year. But the weirdest part is that, at least in my opinion, this idea could really work if it were true...

End of Spoiler

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Replies:

Maou
1035th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 03:56:post reply

Spooky thought. I like to imagine that at least Miyamoto Shigeru and Mario are immune to the hideous temptation of Nomura Tetsuya's "work," but maybe this isn't that unlikely a hoax. Maybe everything is destined to fall into Nomura like a black hole, so one day Rockman, Mario, Final Fantasy, Disney, and everyone else will be at his twisted mercy.

"I am Neo-Exdeath. I shall erase all memories, all existence, all dimensions, then I too shall disappear...forever!!"

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 14 Mar 09:34]

Digitalboy
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 04:20post reply

It is very obvious that EGM is not even trying this time for April's Fool.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Juan
4358th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 04:57post reply

quote:
For those who didn't see this "news" yet, here it goes: itīs Mushroom Kingdom Hearts!!!

Nice try, but they didn't put enough zippers and belt buckles on Mario.

ok

Just a Person
860th Post

"Re(2):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 05:10post reply

quote:

GOOD POINT!! ^_^

It's also interesting how they mention "more than 41 Nintendo characters"... 41... 4/1...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

crazymike
1272th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 05:14post reply

We already had one, it was called Super Mario RPG.

Evenor
535th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 05:38post reply

Not even Mario can make me like Kingdom Farts.

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

Undead Fred
2799th Post

"Re(2):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 06:12post reply

quote:

With a special guest appearance by... [Chuck E. Cheese rides in on a skateboard and does a 900]

Maou
1031th Post

"Re(3):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 06:36post reply

Man, I can't wait till Nomura, hot on the critical acclaim of Advent Children's stirring plot, directs his own Kingdom Hearts movie. Maybe it would flop and he would have to go away and work at Square Hawai'i....

sabo10
1393th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 14:56post reply

I saw TETSUYA NOMURA FEASTING from a DUMPSTER behind ROYAL HOST on TUESDAY.

Cain Highwind
755th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Tue 13 Mar 18:07post reply

quote:
Man, I can't wait till Nomura, hot on the critical acclaim of Advent Children's stirring plot, directs his own Kingdom Hearts movie. Maybe it would flop and he would have to go away and work at Square Hawai'i....

Yes I actually look forward to that as well, damn man's gone too far.

Maou
1032th Post

"Re(5):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 02:39post reply

quote:
I saw TETSUYA NOMURA FEASTING from a DUMPSTER behind ROYAL HOST on TUESDAY.

NAH I bet he is the conductor on the horrid Seibu-Ikebukuro line or else one of the Saitama kids who flood Tokyo on the weekends.

Alba Meira
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 07:41post reply

quote:

It's only a matter of time.

Digitalboy
397th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 07:54post reply

He is everywhere!
quote:

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Just a Person
861th Post

"Re(6):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 08:22post reply

quote:

Hm... sorry to ask, but... what did Nomura do to deserve so much hate??
Not trying to defend him, but I really donīt know whatīs up, so I want to know what he did/is doing/will do thatīs so bad...

shindekudasai
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 09:40post reply

He put Amano out of a job!

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Nate
840th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 09:48post reply

quote:

Not trying to defend him, but I really donīt know whatīs up, so I want to know what he did/is doing/will do thatīs so bad...

He's also repeated the same basic female design (brown hair with sideswept bangs, give or take some variations in eye color and style) for four games or so for his lead females.

That and as people hinted at before, he has a huge fetish for adding zippers and buckles to EVERYTHING. Especially when they serve no function.

I think you could sum it up with the statement that Nomura just doesn't take many risks. That's not always a bad thing, but it gets boring.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Maou
1036th Post

"Re(7):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 09:53:post reply

quote:
Well.
-FF VII's ending (or so GameFan once said)
-Advent Children
-Kingdom Hearts
-Kingdom Hearts II
-Zippers n' pants of uneven lengths
-Killed Galuf, controls the Void in the Cleft of Dimensions and is erasing all existence as we speak
-Crass visual Jpopification of Square

Your mileage with the man may vary, of course.

quote:
He put Amano out of a job!
Nah, since he is an actual artist he is doing just fine professionally.

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 14 Mar 09:55]

NARUTO
3535th Post

"Re(7):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Wed 14 Mar 19:15post reply

quote:

Because or peoples are idiots that doesn't appreciate his style, which is just a question of taste. Or crybabies who want's the useless return of Amano. Amano which even if his art are a really an impressive job, 1st didn't touched a game since FF9 and even then the characters ended extremly different ingame than from the originals arts.
Many peoples doesn't know that Amano did some FFX art for exemple...strangely Yuna and tidus didn't looked that different from Nomura's version...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
2766th Post

"Re(8):Mushroom Kingdom Hearts?? Nice idea..." , posted Thu 15 Mar 02:29post reply

Funny, I always liked Nomura's designs in FFVII since they actually made sense. The asymmetrical character designs took advantage of the 3D game engine while their bright, exaggerated features helped to compensate for the limited amount of graphics that could be used in the in-game models. Since then, however, I'm afraid that Nomura has become the easiest figure to latch onto when it comes to discussing the ills of Square. While things such as the battle engine, game script, pacing and all the other things that go into making a game can and should be critiqued it's Nomura's art that is the first thing a person sees when playing recent vintage Square games. Because of that he's often the first topic that comes up for discussion. It probably isn't fair but that's the way it goes. Then again, if he keeps making designs that are total turkeys like Shalua Rui it's not surprising that he's going to have vocal critics.

Dr Orochi
509th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"random" , posted Thu 15 Mar 05:08post reply

Ishmael, awesome tag. THEY CALL HER ONE EYE. The unrated eyeball scene is fantastic... nearly as much as Fulci's Zombi 2 eye scene.

exodus
3812th Post

"Re(1):random" , posted Thu 15 Mar 05:15post reply

quote:
Ishmael, awesome tag.

what's it from?

Evenor
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):random" , posted Thu 15 Mar 05:49post reply

quote:
Ishmael, awesome tag. THEY CALL HER ONE EYE. The unrated eyeball scene is fantastic... nearly as much as Fulci's Zombi 2 eye scene.

The shark vs zombie scene is a classic!

as for peeping ティッシュはここに不要です
in the bathroom エコロジストな僕なら

Ishmael
2767th Post

"Re(2):random" , posted Fri 16 Mar 01:42post reply

Thanks for noticing the change! Hmm, I didn't mean to turn my tag into a retrospective on the tough women of cinema but that seems to be what it's turning into. Who knows, perhaps Pam Grier will show up there next. As for my current tag it features clothing optional actress Christina Lindberg in Thriller - en grym film / Thriller: A Cruel Picture / They Call Her One Eye or whatever other title it might be offered under.

quote:

The shark vs zombie scene is a classic!

I'm surprised that scene hasn't been referenced in any other subsequent zombie films since that has to be one of the greatest moments in zombie cinema. Then again, it must be tough to work a shark attack into a standard zombie film.

To keep this post from being about nothing but a discussion about films featuring the "injury to the eye motif" I want to thank Brandon for discussing AquaZone over at IC. Any news about fish simulators is appreciated but the discovery that I missed out on these titles for the Saturn made it even more valuable.

Maou
1036th Post

"Re(3):random" , posted Fri 16 Mar 02:09post reply

quote:
one of the greatest moments in zombie cinema.
Emphasis on "one of." See also: Guitar Wolf's guitarist pulling out a katana from his guitar and slicing the zombie-creating mothership in two in "Wild Zero."

exodus
3813th Post

"Re(3):random" , posted Fri 16 Mar 05:52post reply

quote:
As for my current tag it features clothing optional actress Christina Lindberg in Thriller - en grym film / Thriller: A Cruel Picture / They Call Her One Eye or whatever other title it might be offered under.

looks interesting - I should check it out. zombies and gore are easier for me to deal with than some of the themes in this movie, but we'll see!

IkariDC
611th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):random" , posted Fri 16 Mar 16:27post reply

quote:
one of the greatest moments in zombie cinema. Emphasis on "one of." See also: Guitar Wolf's guitarist pulling out a katana from his guitar and slicing the zombie-creating mothership in two in "Wild Zero."

I'm not very fond of zombie cinema, but Wild Zero is just great! It has many stellar moments, and it made me believe that Guitar Wolf was actually a good band! How awesome is that?

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Ishmael
2768th Post

"Re(5):random" , posted Sat 17 Mar 00:40post reply

quote:
I'm not very fond of zombie cinema, but Wild Zero is just great! It has many stellar moments, and it made me believe that Guitar Wolf was actually a good band! How awesome is that?

Short of transmogrifying water into wine the movie couldn't have pulled off a more miraculous feat.