Offtopic: PC help - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1642 Views )

NeoRyu
1108th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Offtopic: PC help" , posted Sat 24 Feb 09:06post reply

Today on my Desktop pc I got a virus(either a trojan or a worm)/spyware and I ran AVG 7.5 to find a virus and it found one I deleted it didn't fix it. Also I ran spybot search and destory and lavasoft adware 3 times. What should I do to fix it? Please help!

Replies:

Maou
1009th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Offtopic: PC help" , posted Sat 24 Feb 09:21post reply

quote:
Today on my Desktop pc I got a virus(either a trojan or a worm)/spyware and I ran AVG 7.5 to find a virus and it found one I deleted it didn't fix it. Also I ran spybot search and destory and lavasoft adware 3 times. What should I do to fix it? Please help!

I'm no expert, but expert enough to know that no one will be able to help without some more info. In the past, I've had better luck really purging stuff by running virus scans in Safe Mode. Or you could paste the virus name into a search engine and try to dig up some case-specific solutions, which is what I've done in the past several times when anti-virus programs don't work.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

NeoRyu
1109th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Offtopic: PC help" , posted Sat 24 Feb 10:20post reply

Yeah I talked to a friend and he gave me a progra,m that fixed my problem. Thanks for you're input.

crazymike
1271th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Offtopic: PC help" , posted Mon 26 Feb 07:58post reply

To get rid of the virus, you have to sacrifice 3 pigs to Cthulu and bury the carcasses in the nearest graveyard, wait 3 days, and exhume the bodies. You will be cured.