NeoGeo games on the Wii VC - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2366 Views )

Mokona
399th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"NeoGeo games on the Wii VC" , posted Sat 24 Feb 04:27post reply

It's happening, hurray!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166339.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

I still can't find a wii anywhere... but I know I'm getting one when I can. At least, I'm deep in FFXII right now, so I don't mind waiting.

Blah!

Replies:

GekigangerV
1305th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):NeoGeo games on the Wii VC" , posted Sat 24 Feb 07:09post reply

quote:
It's happening, hurray!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166339.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

I still can't find a wii anywhere... but I know I'm getting one when I can. At least, I'm deep in FFXII right now, so I don't mind waiting.

Seems like good news, but I would like to know the price. I don't think I would be willing to pay anymore than 1000 points for even some of my favorite Neo Geo titles.

Although I enjoy the Virtual Console I wonder if it will ruin the chances of getting more compilation titles in the future. Capcom and SEGA have released compilations of old games for cheap prices. I could get the SEGA Genesis collection for PS2 for $15 which has at least 3 games that are now on the Virtual Console and would cost me $24 to download. If the Virtual Console is a huge success then the publishers won't see the need to bundle a bunch of games together at a cheap price.

Burning Ranger
1469th Post

"Re(2):NeoGeo games on the Wii VC" , posted Sat 24 Feb 08:56post reply

quote:

Although I enjoy the Virtual Console I wonder if it will ruin the chances of getting more compilation titles in the future. Capcom and SEGA have released compilations of old games for cheap prices. I could get the SEGA Genesis collection for PS2 for $15 which has at least 3 games that are now on the Virtual Console and would cost me $24 to download. If the Virtual Console is a huge success then the publishers won't see the need to bundle a bunch of games together at a cheap price.

An interesting point. But seeing as how popular retro gaming already is, we might as well get ready for higher prices.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Ishmael
2754th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):NeoGeo games on the Wii VC" , posted Tue 27 Feb 22:44post reply

How well do these downloaded games play? Are they arcade [or wherever they originated from] accurate? Or are they simply nostalgic novelties that you can waste your fake next generation console money on?

Cain Highwind
752th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):NeoGeo games on the Wii VC" , posted Fri 2 Mar 07:52post reply

quote:
How well do these downloaded games play? Are they arcade [or wherever they originated from] accurate? Or are they simply nostalgic novelties that you can waste your fake next generation console money on?

I don't have any experience with the original TG16 and Sega Genesis to be sure (some people say the emulation is slightly off) but the games play pretty damn good. NES and SNES games are naturally a bit pixelated being played on my 30" WS HDTV, but the colors are sharp and beautiful. I know there was a report comparison somewhere saying just how good VC games look compared to the original systems.

NES games are nice because you can just turn the wiimote sideways and voila, instant Wireless NES Controller. You can also play Genesis games this way.

All games come with quite the detailed manual. Not just a little controller diagram shwowing what does what, but full detailed gameplay information much like the real thing (it's usally about 10 "pages". I'd imagine this feature would be GREAT for a lot of the fighting games on the Neo as they could put in detailed movelists like a lot of the recent PS2 ports.

Also much like a lot of handheld games, there's an auto save function. It saves your position ala Save States in Emulators, automatically when you quit your game, and loads automatically when you start it up again.

Hope that answers your question.

GekigangerV
1308th Post

"Re(5):NeoGeo games on the Wii VC" , posted Fri 2 Mar 08:30post reply

quote:

I don't have any experience with the original TG16 and Sega Genesis to be sure (some people say the emulation is slightly off) but the games play pretty damn good. NES and SNES games are naturally a bit pixelated being played on my 30" WS HDTV, but the colors are sharp and beautiful. I know there was a report comparison somewhere saying just how good VC games look compared to the original systems.

NES games are nice because you can just turn the wiimote sideways and voila, instant Wireless NES Controller. You can also play Genesis games this way.

All games come with quite the detailed manual. Not just a little controller diagram shwowing what does what, but full detailed gameplay information much like the real thing (it's usally about 10 "pages". I'd imagine this feature would be GREAT for a lot of the fighting games on the Neo as they could put in detailed movelists like a lot of the recent PS2 ports.

Also much like a lot of handheld games, there's an auto save function. It saves your position ala Save States in Emulators, automatically when you quit your game, and loads automatically when you start it up again.

Hope that answers your question.

Although the games are still playable they are missing some things so they are not 100% accurate. All N64 games don't have rumble and Mario Kart 64 does not save ghost times. Kid Icarus does not support codes.

Cain Highwind
754th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):NeoGeo games on the Wii VC" , posted Fri 2 Mar 10:31post reply

quote:

Although the games are still playable they are missing some things so they are not 100% accurate. All N64 games don't have rumble and Mario Kart 64 does not save ghost times. Kid Icarus does not support codes.

GAH! I forgot all about that! I was thinking more along my personal experience with it. Thanks.