For those in Washington DC...(Street Fighter) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2023 Views )

Burning Ranger
1468th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"For those in Washington DC...(Street Fighter)" , posted Fri 23 Feb 11:08post reply

For those who are interested in some fighting game action on Saturday night, 24 Feb 2007:

Fantom Comics (4500 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, DC) is hosting agame night with a "Street Fighter" theme with various versions of thegame (Hyper SF2 and 3rd Strike should be available). I'm also going tosee if we can get some KOF 2002 or KOF XI action going as well. For those in the area, it'd be a good opportunity to get some casual gaming on (something I've really missed out on).

http://www.fantomcomics.com/

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Replies:

Oroch
924th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):For those in Washington DC...(Street Fi" , posted Tue 27 Feb 13:40post reply

quote:
For those who are interested in some fighting game action on Saturday night, 24 Feb 2007:

Fantom Comics (4500 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, DC) is hosting agame night with a "Street Fighter" theme with various versions of thegame (Hyper SF2 and 3rd Strike should be available). I'm also going tosee if we can get some KOF 2002 or KOF XI action going as well. For those in the area, it'd be a good opportunity to get some casual gaming on (something I've really missed out on).

http://www.fantomcomics.com/

boo hoo, i was on a plane(to the godforsaken land of the Gauls), reschedule it

Red Falcon
5755th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):For those in Washington DC...(Street Fi" , posted Fri 2 Mar 12:00post reply

Either of you fellows ever consider going to C3? Plenty of fighters going on there, and lots of casuals.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Maou
1016th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):For those in Washington DC...(Street Fi" , posted Fri 2 Mar 12:40:post reply

quote:
Either of you fellows ever consider going to C3? Plenty of fighters going on there, and lots of casuals.

Is that this one? I remember when a friend and I were looking around the DC area and dying to find some place where we could find a fighting game tourney (Soul Calibur 2 or SFZero 3 in particular) or something since there aren't any good arcades I know of around and it'd be fun to find some other people who could be a challenge. If so, might have to keep an eye out.

edit: I mean, soulcalibur.com always seemed like it had regional stuff being announced, but the forums are pure mayhem so I never really figured out what was going on and where. Maybe it's all private tourneys, who knows..,

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 2 Mar 12:48]

Red Falcon
5756th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):For those in Washington DC...(Street Fi" , posted Fri 2 Mar 13:59post reply

quote:

edit: I mean, soulcalibur.com always seemed like it had regional stuff being announced, but the forums are pure mayhem so I never really figured out what was going on and where. Maybe it's all private tourneys, who knows..,

Yup. There is a tourney there this Saturday. I'll probably be there with some weird random crap.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Maou
1016th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):For those in Washington DC...(Street Fi" , posted Sun 4 Mar 08:47post reply

Oh man, too bad their website hasn't been changed since last year, I was just sort of in the area and mighta stopped in. Next time...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

nobinobita
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):For those in Washington DC...(Street Fi" , posted Wed 7 Mar 10:08post reply

quote:

Wow, didn't know so many other people here were from the DC area.

I would have loved to go but I'm off at school right now, but could you recommend any other good places to go for some Street Fighter action?

The last time I even saw a SF III cabinet was in Silver Spring MD, by the AFI theater (which is excellent!). There were actually people playing on it though, which was pretty damn cool.