AOU 2007 random news. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3466 Views )

NARUTO
3528th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"AOU 2007 random news." , posted Fri 16 Feb 17:19post reply

Nothing great so far excepted an official annoncement for Tekken 6.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070216/tk6.htm

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070216/aou1.htm

more to come.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Replies:

shyeim
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Fri 16 Feb 17:50post reply

quote:
Nothing great so far excepted an official annoncement for Tekken 6.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070216/tk6.htm

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070216/aou1.htm

more to come.

Nice info

Ishmael
2746th Post

"Re(2):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Fri 16 Feb 23:57post reply

What the hell is Rock Howard doing in the game? Does that character type have a following in Japan?

At first glance T6 doesn't look too horribly different from T5. Does the character customization affect the move list now? If so, I can't wait to see how much more awesome Heihachi becomes when he puts on sunglasses.

Gojira
2105th Post

"Re(3):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sat 17 Feb 00:23:post reply

Official screens & trailer
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk6ac/index.html

Judging from his (?) voice, Leo is supposed to be a shota, I think. Problem is, they probably couldn't make him under a certain height without screwing up collision detection so he's a 5-foot-tall shota. :P

Zafina's style looks pretty unique though. All twisty and bendy. I like.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sat 17 Feb 00:43]

Catalyst
204th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sat 17 Feb 00:53post reply

Interesting enough Bryan fury with a shotgun, how bout that them apples? I suppose that's probably character customization in effect possibly? If that is thats pretty interesting.

y2k
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sat 17 Feb 06:50post reply

dude, where the hell is the KOFXII news?

chazumaru
471th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sat 17 Feb 17:38post reply

Konami has tons of stuff.

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0702/16/news074.html
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070216/konami.htm
http://www.kobayan.jp/event/2007_aou/aou2007.htm

And this guy has cool videos of the event (except no MFC6).

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

NARUTO
3529th Post

"Re(3):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sat 17 Feb 17:44post reply

quote:
dude, where the hell is the KOFXII news?

So far, nowhere...Which make me start to think that Playmore are deffinitely stupid enough to make such kind of mistake, and lost an huge if not the best time to talk about this game....

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Fygee
1219th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sat 17 Feb 21:09post reply

I don't think we've ever had to wait this long with this much excitement for KOF news in a long time.

They must be saving it for dead last.

kofoguz
518th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sat 17 Feb 23:13post reply

quote:
I don't think we've ever had to wait this long with this much excitement for KOF news in a long time.

Hope not...

NARUTO
3530th Post

"Re(6):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 00:39post reply

quote:

Hope not...

Well it's already the 19th in japan and still nothing yet...I Doubt we'll see something.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

kofoguz
519th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 00:42post reply

quote:

Hope not...
Well it's already the 19th in japan and still nothing yet...I Doubt we'll see something.

At least they could show some kofmira

NARUTO
3531th Post

"Re(8):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 01:00post reply

quote:
At least they could show some kofmira

In fact this is the wierdest part. Nothing at all have poped out from this 2nd day.
I mean there is so many other game to talk about, Capcom was supposed to be there as well.
But no...Strengely nothing comes today...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
2747th Post

"Re(4):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 06:29post reply

quote:
Konami has tons of stuff.

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0702/16/news074.html
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070216/konami.htm
http://www.kobayan.jp/event/2007_aou/aou2007.htm

And this guy has cool videos of the event (except no MFC6).

Thanks for the links. The tastefully shredded and weathered curtain on the Silent Hill game is terrific. To think, real time and effort was put into making something that ridiculous and tacky looking.

I'm not sure how Battle Fantasia is going to turn out but it's good to see that girls are already being paid to stand around dressed up as the characters. Someone on staff has their priorities straight.

D`Cloud
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 16:29post reply

quote:

Judging from his (?) voice, Leo is supposed to be a shota, I think. Problem is, they probably couldn't make him under a certain height without screwing up collision detection so he's a 5-foot-tall shota. :P

i really dont see a giant leap of improvement from tekken 5.. except maybe for the Hi res polygons & normal mapping

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.

D`Cloud
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 16:29post reply

quote:

i really dont see a giant leap of improvement from tekken 5.. except maybe for the Hi res polygons & normal mapping

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.

Gojira
2105th Post

"Re(5):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 23:29post reply

quote:

My guess is it's because they wanted to use every character from Tekken 5 and DR while adding more instead of trying to redesign every single one. The trailer does imply that the character roster will be even greater than DR after all.

Iggy
8062th Post

"Re(6):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 23:36post reply

I don't care about new characters, especially when the guy looks like a younger... hero from Nejibako whose name I forgot.

What I, and by I I mean everyone with a worthy opinion, want is to learn more about the scenario of the returning characters.
Most of all, I'm dying to know how will Lilly react to the horrible tragedy that struck her at the end of Tekken 5DR. Now that's a matter of vital videoludical importance.

kofoguz
520th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Sun 18 Feb 23:55post reply

Hi, Iggy can I ask you something. Maybe you noticed, theres much ado about Aou and noone knows the what truth is.
Do you have any info? By info I didnt mean " Zomg please show me some photos and vids about kof XII, pleaaase!!!!" I mean do you have any info how long is this damn thing 2 days or 4 days? What is the truth about this thing? Thanks.

BTW welcome back you werent around for a while.

Gojira
2107th Post

"Re(7):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Mon 19 Feb 00:02:post reply

quote:
I don't care about new characters, especially when the guy looks like a younger... hero from Nejibako whose name I forgot.

The directors have (supposedly) confirmed that Leo is a girl pretending to be a guy, which if so makes a little more sense. The theory now is that she is replacing the real Leo who died, a la LB2 Kojiro.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mby6w5qCKVk
Director message

[this message was edited by Gojira on Mon 19 Feb 00:22]

kofoguz
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Mon 19 Feb 01:02post reply

quote:
The directors have (supposedly) confirmed that Leo is a girl pretending to be a guy, which if so makes a little more sense. The theory now is that she is replacing the real Leo who died, a la LB2 Kojiro.

I told it so, the first time I saw the trailer. BTW Kojiro were succesful to pretend, if real Leo wasnt doing the benimaru taunt.

Ishmael
2749th Post

"Re(8):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Mon 19 Feb 05:14post reply

quote:

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mby6w5qCKVk
Director message

That's an interesting twist on the character. Considering how macho it is to have two characters punch each other until one of them drops it's surprising how many fighting game characters have a non-traditional approach to gender roles.

When I first saw this headline I was excited. That quickly turned to disappointment, however, when I realized neither Franco Nero nor Lee Van Cleef were going to show up in the game.

nobinobita
80th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Mon 19 Feb 08:20post reply

quote:

I think that game will go through alot more visual polishing before it's released. They're probably working on improving the lighting engine and working in more normals in there. At least I hope so. I think Namco cares enough to make the visuals better than DOA and at least on par with Virtua Fighter 5.

Also, Zafina's animations all look odd and incomplete. There's some weird sliding, she has no weight, and she sorta pops back into her default animation from her moves without any transition.

She has nice, healthy calves though!
And so do these girls!

They'd all do R. Crumb proud.

Evenor
529th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Mon 19 Feb 09:38post reply

Leo is just plain horrific and disgusting. He reminds me of the main character from SH: From The New World. Zafina however looks suspiciously similar to my cousin. I love how she moves! She's one of those characters that makes me want to get back into the Tekken series ( I still play a decent Julia ).

The only other characters that I still have the urge to learn how to play is Sergei Dragunov and Lili ( of course).

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

EddyT
561th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Mon 19 Feb 15:04post reply

From what I gathered at neo-geo.com's forums, there has been no information or sightings of anything KOF XII related.

y2k
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Mon 19 Feb 16:47post reply

jeez, i know KOFXII is gonna take awhile, but come on. i need to see what it's gonna be like!

Nate
827th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Tue 20 Feb 09:10post reply

quote:
jeez, i know KOFXII is gonna take awhile, but come on. i need to see what it's gonna be like!

I don't know exactly what's up but the same guy (editor) seems to have been posting at SNK-Capcom.com saying that KOFXII would indeed be shown and so far it looks like we have him up to the same old crap. At least he admitted to being wrong, but ick.

Did SNKP even HAVE a booth at AOU? They might've been that hush-hush about it.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

makatiel
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Tue 20 Feb 11:09post reply

quote:

I don't know exactly what's up but the same guy (editor) seems to have been posting at SNK-Capcom.com saying that KOFXII would indeed be shown and so far it looks like we have him up to the same old crap. At least he admitted to being wrong, but ick.

He's the guy that keeps trying to sell his blog as a online newsletter or something right? weird.

Bata kun
3019th Post

"Re(7):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Tue 20 Feb 15:13post reply

quote:

Yuuki/Yuki.

Other than "Otomedius" (even though I would prefer a new "Twinbee" game more) and "Muchimuchi Pork", nothing much else do it for me. The new "Tekken" characters are still a mystery to me for now. Yeah.

ふもっふ!

NARUTO
3532th Post

"Re(1):Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Tue 20 Feb 19:12post reply

quote:

No SNK booth. The Show wasn't for editor, but for Arcade board maker. So if SNK or Capcom would have shown something it would have been on Taito Type x2 booth.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Recap
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Tue 20 Feb 19:57:post reply

And indeed it was quite easy to know that SNK-P wasn't going to be there just by checking AOU's website. I'm surprised to see how many people (Western fans, that is) expected to see KOF XII and all that post-event disappointment. But now I know who's behind the problem once again. Some people just don't learn.

Edit: Haven't found any link to The Stinger Report from the "news" poster at SNK-capcom Dot com, just a link to a site called "Cyberfanatix" which has, oh the surprise, "Neo-Arcadia" as the "source". Pretty hilarious Internet tour, at the end.

[this message was edited by Recap on Tue 20 Feb 20:07]

Ishmael
2751th Post

"Re(3):Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Wed 21 Feb 01:15post reply

Ah, the Stinger Report guy! There's something oddly comforting about knowing that he is still out there dispensing his inaccurate, overwritten information. It's even more comforting to know he is doing it on a board other than this one.

Freeter
4364th Post

"Re(4):Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Wed 21 Feb 01:47post reply

Didn't he charge $100 for his "exclusive reports"?

Olivier Hague
80th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Wed 21 Feb 06:24post reply

quote:
The directors have (supposedly) confirmed that Leo is a girl pretending to be a guy

The director said no such thing, actually. That was just some guy talking out of his ass.

quote:
which if so makes a little more sense.

I don't see how.

Nate
828th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(9):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Wed 21 Feb 07:01post reply

quote:

The director said no such thing, actually. That was just some guy talking out of his ass.

I'd actually like to know what he did have to say about Leo. Even if I'm more interested in Zafina. Care to enlighten us?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Olivier Hague
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(10):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Wed 21 Feb 08:00post reply

quote:
I'd actually like to know what he did have to say about Leo.

He's German, his style is more or less based on bajiquan, and he should be a "beginner-friendly" standard character.
quote:
Even if I'm more interested in Zafina.

Mysterious, weird scorpion/spider-like moves. Not much, really.

Gojira
2107th Post

"Re(9):AOU 2007 random news." , posted Wed 21 Feb 13:25post reply

quote:
The directors have (supposedly) confirmed that Leo is a girl pretending to be a guy

That's why I said (supposedly). The original rumor was spread by a guy who knows his shit but also likes to spread stupid rumors. After watching the video several times I know now it was the latter.

quote:

which if so makes a little more sense.
I don't see how.

Of course you wouldn't.

NARUTO
3533th Post

"Re(3):Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Wed 21 Feb 19:03post reply

quote:
Edit: Haven't found any link to The Stinger Report from the "news" poster at SNK-capcom Dot com, just a link to a site called "Cyberfanatix" which has, oh the surprise, "Neo-Arcadia" as the "source". Pretty hilarious Internet tour, at the end.

Well the Neo-arcadia stuff was just a missunderstanding. The facts are that neo-arcadia is a french site, when nobody on SNK-Cap.com or Cyberfanatix can read french, it doesn't help... Neo-arcadia NEVER stated that KOF12 would be shown, they just reported a news about the AOU official game list, and After they did add in a comment a "we wish to see" list in which KOF12 was. Then any other US forum just babelfished the news and thus far did belive that KOF12 was announced.
It's not Neo-arcadia's fault, it the fault of those who prefer to ask babel fish than to contact a member of the site, in order to have a clearer translation...

Nate: as for Zafina, nothing big, yet we nows that she's comming from an oriental country (wich one?) and that she's using the Scorping style fighting. (Wierd kicks somehow similar to voldo's)

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iron D
2710th Post

"Re(4):Remember the Stinger report?" , posted Thu 1 Mar 18:00:post reply

quote:
Nate: as for Zafina, nothing big, yet we nows that she's comming from an oriental country (wich one?) and that she's using the Scorping style fighting. (Wierd kicks somehow similar to voldo's)

My first thought: FINALLY! An Indian female! And that's still my guess, especially after seeing her background and hearing her speak.

Oh, and I mean Indian as in from Asia, not Native Americans (for anyone who might be confused).

Edit:

And another thought: perhaps the graphics are unimpressive now because Namco is about to pull a Soul Calibur DC/Tekken Tag PS2 and have a version for PS3 with enhanced graphics. They've done it before...

Zelkin. Pimped.

[this message was edited by Iron D on Sun 4 Mar 21:54]