Oriental Legends 2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2282 Views )

exodus
3734th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Oriental Legends 2" , posted Fri 26 Jan 09:32post reply

Info is starting to surface about IGS' new 2D beat em up. We've got some stuff, and it looks alright so far. Going in the right direction anyway - four players, card saving, 10 characters. Shame it's not a fighting game though!

Replies:

Pollyanna
2148th Post

"Re(1):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Fri 26 Jan 09:38post reply

As a big fan of Hsi Yu Chi, I can't say I'm happy with the designs (why does Gojou never look right!?), though the game looks fun and colorful from what little I can see. Not that I'll ever play it, but....hurray for 2D at least!

Evenor
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Fri 26 Jan 10:34post reply

quote:
As a big fan of Hsi Yu Chi, I can't say I'm happy with the designs (why does Gojou never look right!?), though the game looks fun and colorful from what little I can see. Not that I'll ever play it, but....hurray for 2D at least!

I hate the name, but the characters seem really cool! ( except for the Hanuman thing)

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

Maou
990th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Fri 26 Jan 12:49post reply

Heheh, I problem with the fantastic Mysteries of the Orient?!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

HAYATO
745th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Fri 26 Jan 19:00post reply

Damn!! It was about time they did some official statement!!! I've known about this game's project since last August or so, and I began to think it was going to be cancelled or delayed, if not obscurely released... thanks for the info Brandon, PGM games are marvelous!!!

*Add random "Knights Of Valor" love here*

BTW, any info about "Road of the Sword" or "Martial Masters" emulation? Does MAME support them already?

NARUTO
3525th Post

"Re(5):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Fri 26 Jan 19:39post reply

quote:
BTW, any info about "Road of the Sword" or "Martial Masters" emulation? Does MAME support them already?

I can't tell about road of the sword, but as for MArtail master, it's not ready, it's just a "unfinished" emulation with bugs, CPU that doesn't "exist" (the opponent never move or do something) and a 2P mode with a lots of trouble....Add many other bugs, and voial where they are.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
2721th Post

"Re(6):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Sat 27 Jan 01:21post reply

Although I'll never get to play the game I must say that it looks nice. The purple turtleneck on the ghost woman is a nice touch.

exodus
3735th Post

"Re(1):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Sat 27 Jan 02:12post reply

yeah, like many others, I really want to see a martial masters sequel. It was a bit loose and 'sloppy' to play, but had a unique feel and great (if werird) animation. I'd love to see another...

HAYATO
746th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Oriental Legends 2" , posted Sat 27 Jan 02:33post reply

quote:
yeah, like many others, I really want to see a martial masters sequel. It was a bit loose and 'sloppy' to play, but had a unique feel and great (if werird) animation. I'd love to see another...

IGS is one of the only hopes for us 2D lovers... At least their beat'em up games are quite entertaining and deep, full of secrets and alternate paths. They remind me of the old good CPS-2 days... How nostalgic!!!