Bill Gates sees Nintedo as his Biggest Rival - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1854 Views )

Satoshi Miwa
2793th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Bill Gates sees Nintedo as his Biggest Rival" , posted Thu 11 Jan 10:53post reply

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164053.html for fun, and for even more brain numbing fun read the comments afterwards. It's like the Genesis vs SNES in the old Usenet days, only it's on message boards and even more silly.

This console war is great entertainment....

As for the comments, well Bill is right that Nintendo is his biggest threat world wide. Butttt he better not look at the 360 sales numbers in Japan vs the PS3 after saying that. Not even Blue Dragon could pull the 360 past the PS3's numbers, which means I doubt Microsoft will be able to make any inroads on the big time Japanese licenses (or match the cash Sony will throw around to keep stuff like MGS4 and FF13 on the PS3).

And that alone should be able to save the PS3 from the collapsing under the weight of Kuturagi's massive Ego. Which is a shame, because while this has been a launch of Epic failure, the system itself is probably one of Sony's best looking and feeling launch systems. While looking at it you can almost get what Kuturagi's talking about...Until it hits you that most gamers don't care about that stuff. Really, there should of been 2 PS3's - the 60GB pure game machine at $399 and the tech geek version at $599. Because while it does all it says it does very good nobody really cares.

As for the Wii? Everyday I look it at and see that it will win the war. And I keep thinking it doesn't deserve too yet. Especially since Zelda and Wii Sports are the most shallow games in years. They're fun at the start but the control scheme for the Wiimote doesn't lend any depth to the titles as it stands. I know Nintendo will get there, but right now they are using Smoke and mirrors. And that alone says the power Iwata has brought back to the Big N...

Replies:

Gojira
2095th Post

"Re(1):Bill Gates sees Nintedo as his Biggest " , posted Thu 11 Jan 14:05post reply

Just let them be.

Oroch
918th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Bill Gates sees Nintedo as his Biggest" , posted Fri 12 Jan 01:35post reply

quote:
Just let them be.

my 8800gtx makes my ps3 cry :(

Ishmael
2710th Post

"Re(2):Bill Gates sees Nintedo as his Biggest" , posted Fri 12 Jan 02:56post reply

quote:
Just let them be.

The problem is that I look to videogames as a source of entertainment and when I haven't purchased any of the newest gen consoles I have to find my sources of amusement wherever I can. Reading about ritualized chest thumping and blind predictions of the future aren't as much fun as actually playing a game on the systems in question but it's something to do.

Phoenix
881th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Bill Gates sees Nintedo as his Biggest" , posted Fri 12 Jan 05:26post reply

Wii is a gamecube with new controls.