Happy new year N - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3130 Views )

Iggy
8050th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Happy new year N" , posted Sun 31 Dec 19:19post reply

8 out of the 10 bestselling games of the year are N. N sold more than twice as many games as in 2005

Excite truck

Oide Dôbutsu no Mori may rival Pokémon's popularity.

Next year, a hyakunin isshu game, which also has a tourist guide of Kyôto.

And happy new year everybody else !

Replies:

exodus
3703th Post

"Re(1):Happy new year N" , posted Mon 1 Jan 04:59:post reply

excite truck is terrible!

[edit]
oh, but happy new year anyway.

[this message was edited by exodus on Mon 1 Jan 05:00]

kofoguz
490th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Happy new year N" , posted Mon 1 Jan 07:18post reply

Happy new year everyone! We!re in 2007 about ten minutes.

Juan
4328th Post

"ok" , posted Mon 1 Jan 17:32post reply

ok

ok

Tai-Pan
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):ok" , posted Tue 2 Jan 09:08post reply

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Digitalboy
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Happy new year N" , posted Tue 2 Jan 11:51post reply

Safe new year.

One reason why I stayed in bed that night. The other reason I had to be at work at 6 this morning. Good thing I don't live in that city (which is a few hours away).

BTW It's been over one year since Shingo the One has posted. M.I.A.? R.I.P.?

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Kikkoken
1120th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Happy new year N" , posted Tue 2 Jan 20:22post reply

Happy new year Nintendo, and happy new year everyone.

NARUTO
3514th Post

"Re(4):Happy new year N" , posted Tue 2 Jan 21:33post reply

Happy new year every body!! May 2007 be a excellent year for you!

Fortes fortuna juvat...

IkariDC
603th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Happy new year & random news" , posted Wed 3 Jan 04:25post reply

Happy new year and...

Look what people are willing to do for a Wii - links to NOT WORK SAFE pictures inside-

A Street of Rage 1-3 PC remake, if the link or the download itself doesn't work, Brandon is the one to blame

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

HAYATO
734th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):Happy new year & random news" , posted Thu 4 Jan 01:00post reply

A happy new year to all the macho cafers out there!!!!

Digitalboy
385th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):random news OT" , posted Thu 4 Jan 03:02post reply

Woman traps tourists in cave. And by the way, happy new year.
quote:
A happy new year to all the macho cafers out there!!!!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

KTallguy
885th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(8):random news OT" , posted Thu 4 Jan 04:07post reply

quote:
Woman traps tourists in cave. And by the way, happy new year. A happy new year to all the macho cafers out there!!!!

Japanese Transformers Trailer, Spielburg says konnichiwa, we do robots better than you!

Happy new year :)

Play to win.

Ishmael
2704th Post

"Re(9):random news OT" , posted Thu 4 Jan 04:27post reply

quote:
Japanese Transformers Trailer, Spielburg says konnichiwa, we do robots better than you!

Phonetic Japanese is the only Japanese I will accept!

We are well into the 21st century and I still don't have a flying car or a genetically reborn dinosaur for a house pet. Even though the future has been a bust so far I hope everyone has a happy new year.

Burning Ranger
1465th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(9):random news OT" , posted Thu 4 Jan 12:12post reply

quote:

I still just want to hear Optimus speak. I don't care if it doesn't strictly adhere to the original figures or the show--it's just cool enough to have a live action Transformers movie (IMHO).

NBC wants to remake the Bionic Woman TV show according to CNN. I wonder how they'll top Major Kusanagi or the T-X.

Happy new year!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

burning kyo
2428th Post

"Re(10):random news OT" , posted Fri 5 Jan 21:00post reply

happy new year my dears !

~ Flowers Blooming on the Moon Flowers Scattering on the Wind ~

chazumaru
456th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Sat 6 Jan 06:21post reply

Happy new years et al.

I wanted to point out IGN's unintentionaly funny "G.Rev announces Radiant 3 on X360!" from this morning, just for naughty kicks, but they already removed it.

Comike was a tad disappointing, wasn't it? Zepy what do you think?

For a nitpicker you sure dress poorly.

exodus
3708th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Sat 6 Jan 06:30post reply

quote:
I wanted to point out IGN's unintentionaly funny "G.Rev announces Radiant 3 on X360!" from this morning, just for naughty kicks, but they already removed it.

OH MAN.
I wish I had a screen capture of that...

Recap
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Sat 6 Jan 23:21post reply

quote:

Did they really linked to Grev's homepage? Wow if so.

CHAZumaru
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Sun 7 Jan 06:30post reply

quote:

Did they really linked to Grev's homepage? Wow if so.

They did not. I was only making things concise. The whole paragraph explained that G.Rev (I would assume written "G-Rev"), developers of shooting games and occasional partners in crime with Treasure, announced the game on their page. It was all a bad understanding and a too quick overlook from one of the websites or forums mentioning "RS3 is mentioned on G-Rev!". I remember the same happened once on GAF when some guy misread an IC news about a new Konami service.

For a nitpicker you sure dress poorly.

Freeter
4361th Post

"Re(9):random news OT" , posted Sun 7 Jan 14:51post reply

quote:

"Michael Bay desu!"

Chest hurts...can't stop laughing...

Ishmael
2709th Post

"Re(10):random news OT" , posted Tue 9 Jan 23:13post reply

Updates on Shijou Saikyou no Deshi: Kenichi from Game Watch. The info has also made it over to the Magic Box. I don't know how the game is going to turn out but I do like little details such as having the characters take off their shoes when they are inside. Also, I don't know who this guy is but he is awesome.

exodus
3719th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Wed 10 Jan 02:40post reply

quote:

They did not. I was only making things concise.

I want a screenshot to punish them with!!

Zepy
1312th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Wed 10 Jan 10:09post reply

quote:
Comike was a tad disappointing, wasn't it? Zepy what do you think?

I don't know, the only disappointing thing for me was that I couldn't go through all the circles on day 3 because I bought too much stuff and it got too heavy to move around with.

And that I couldn't get the leaf booth. fffffffff

hikarutilmitt
355th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Wed 10 Jan 17:09post reply

quote:
Updates on Shijou Saikyou no Deshi: Kenichi from Game Watch. The info has also made it over to the Magic Box. I don't know how the game is going to turn out but I do like little details such as having the characters take off their shoes when they are inside. Also, I don't know who this guy is but he is awesome.

That's actually a "friend" of Kenichi's that goes around gathering data on people and measuring their fighting ability, popularity, looks, etc and usually tormenting Kenichi as well. I'm still trying to figure out if he's even human, though.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the game, though, because the show so far is at least interesting in a pointless guilty pleasure sort of way. I'm also hoping that the 3 extra slots on the player screen either aren't all that can be opened beyond Kenichi, Miu and the 8 members of Ragnarok that are present, or that those 3 slots will be taken by one of two of the masters.

whitesword
1601th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Wed 10 Jan 18:13post reply

quote:
I'm also hoping that the 3 extra slots on the player screen either aren't all that can be opened beyond Kenichi, Miu and the 8 members of Ragnarok that are present, or that those 3 slots will be taken by one of two of the masters.

I hereby demand some APA...!!

hikarutilmitt
356th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):random news OT" , posted Wed 10 Jan 18:20post reply

quote:
I'm also hoping that the 3 extra slots on the player screen either aren't all that can be opened beyond Kenichi, Miu and the 8 members of Ragnarok that are present, or that those 3 slots will be taken by one of two of the masters.

If Apachai and Shigure were in the game as playable characters the game would win right there.

GekigangerV
1298th Post

"Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Sat 13 Jan 10:07post reply

quote:

If Apachai and Shigure were in the game as playable characters the game would win right there.

At EBGames and Gamestop

I'm not interested personally since I am not one to part with a console.

hikarutilmitt
357th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Sat 13 Jan 16:30post reply

quote:
At EBGames and Gamestop

I'm not interested personally since I am not one to part with a console.

That "deal" is a load of shit, IMO. You'd probably get almost as much from a normal trade-in, not to mention the aftermarket value of all of that on ebay is probably more than $100.

Pollyanna
2141th Post

"Re(2):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Sat 13 Jan 21:52post reply

quote:

That "deal" is a load of shit, IMO. You'd probably get almost as much from a normal trade-in, not to mention the aftermarket value of all of that on ebay is probably more than $100.

I wouldn't say "load of shit". I mean, a NEW PS2 is like...$125 and I imagine a lot of the systems coming in for trade are worth much less than that.

Factoring in the trouble of putting it on eBay and shipping it vs the limited amount of extra money you MAY get for your efforts, I think it's a good deal. Especially considering that the PS3 can theoretically replace your PS2.

Or rather, it WOULD be a good deal if the PS3 was worth having right now. It's funny, but from what I've seen, there's a surplus of them everywhere now. Several of the EBs around me have "taken too many returns and trade-ins on them and can't take any more." They're probably doing this to move more units, not "rip you off".

I think it's impressive that Sony was able to sell so many systems when the price is so high and there are so few games, but it doesn't surprise me that the people willing to fork out the dough are dwindling.

(or maybe they're just saving their money...?)

TiamatRoar
764th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Sun 14 Jan 02:25post reply

quote:

I think it's impressive that Sony was able to sell so many systems when the price is so high and there are so few games, but it doesn't surprise me that the people willing to fork out the dough are dwindling.

Judging by what you said, it's not just less people willing to fork out the dough but also people RETURNING the PS3's to get their dough back.

Gojira
2097th Post

"Re(4):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Sun 14 Jan 19:12post reply

quote:

Judging by what you said, it's not just less people willing to fork out the dough but also people RETURNING the PS3's to get their dough back.

I heard that stores in Japan won't even take them back anymore. A friend of mine was trying to return it back to the store, unopened and with receipt even, and they turned him away.

Ishmael
2712th Post

"Re(5):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Tue 16 Jan 05:11post reply

quote:

I heard that stores in Japan won't even take them back anymore. A friend of mine was trying to return it back to the store, unopened and with receipt even, and they turned him away.

What drives a person to buy a console only to try and sell it back once they realize that the reality of the system isn't as good as the hype? Do they have so much extra free time and money that they can do this sort of thing just to be doing it? I both envy and pity them. Or were a majority of the initial buyers actually speculators who were hoping to make a killing on eBay?

Pollyanna
2143th Post

"Re(6):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Tue 16 Jan 08:32post reply

quote:
Or were a majority of the initial buyers actually speculators who were hoping to make a killing on eBay?

Well, this happened to a friend of a friend of mine. He waited over 2 days in line, got the system, tried to sell it on Ebay, then the buyer flaked out. By that time PS3s weren't going for any more than they were worth, so he just returned it to the store, having thrown away $40 in Ebay fees and 2 days of his life.

I'm sure in many instances something like that happened, or people were just "PS3 YEEEE! I can't believe I found one!" only to later have the reality of the situation sink in.

Of course, I'm making fun of the system a lot, and that may change in the future, when and if they pull things together, but right now, it's a total joke....excluding maybe Tekken 5, which is surprisingly cheap, low in size and easily accessible. Despite all the Sony failures, I think Namco took a big step forward in showing people what could be done with downloadable games.

Satoshi Miwa
2796th Post

"Re(7):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Tue 16 Jan 10:45post reply

quote:

Well, this happened to a friend of a friend of mine. He waited over 2 days in line, got the system, tried to sell it on Ebay, then the buyer flaked out. By that time PS3s weren't going for any more than they were worth, so he just returned it to the store, having thrown away $40 in Ebay fees and 2 days of his life.

I'm sure in many instances something like that happened, or people were just "PS3 YEEEE! I can't believe I found one!" only to later have the reality of the situation sink in.

Of course, I'm making fun of the system a lot, and that may change in the future, when and if they pull things together, but right now, it's a total joke....excluding maybe Tekken 5, which is surprisingly cheap, low in size and easily accessible. Despite all the Sony failures, I think Namco took a big step forward in showing people what could be done with downloadable games.

I'm kinda of hoping this kills Ebay speculators off, we don't need them hanging around console launches like parasites.

Anyway, the really funny thing is the PS3 launch seems exactly like the PS2 launch, in terms of games and content. It's just with the other systems being more viable the flaws are alot more visable. No more of this "Hey I got a PS2 it'll rock" and ignoring the Dreamcast. It's more of "So...where are the games exactly?" and "Well, i can get this or I can get a 360 or Wii and some really good games".

I'm sure Sony will solve the game problem, but it does show the great flaws in the release schedule. And it could of been simply solved if they just had one A list title on the launch pad.

On the flip side, Yes, Tekken 5 does seem like a good move on Sony and Namco's part. A very visable, and distinct way to show a difference between the 360 live arcade and the Sony one. And I'm hoping we see it used in other ways...Like say SFA3 High Res with online play and the PSP characters. I'd pay $20 for that...

Variable Savior
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Re:random news OT sanve $100 on PS3" , posted Wed 17 Jan 01:38post reply

quote:

I'm kinda of hoping this kills Ebay speculators off, we don't need them hanging around console launches like parasites.

It'd be nice but I wouldn't anticipate it happening. While the PS3 resale market apparently isn't as viable as originally thought main stream media coverage of the launch pretty much solidified the idea that one can resell a launch console for several times it's purchase value.

Five years from now most people won't remember any difficulties scalpers had moving their systems (if they ever knew about such problems to begin with) - they'll only remember news stories about big profits. By the time the PS4, Xbox720, and Wiihash come out we all should expect another round of Ebay gouging.

Blood marks heaven's path