So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2699 Views )

Recap
25th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version..." , posted Wed 6 Dec 19:40post reply

...Full with updated hi-res graphics and whatnot. More importantly, though, Kiki Kaikai 2 has also been announced for the PS2:

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/

Replies:

Maese Spt
340th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Wed 6 Dec 20:48post reply

Not a surprise at all. But hey, that's good news for me! Now I can stop wasting my money on that crappy arcade parlor in Shibuya's slums.

Too bad I'll certainly wait like 3 years before daring to purchase a PS3... so no playing DR on the living room to my heart's content for me, huh. Man, what a bittersweet feeling.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Ishmael
2688th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Fri 8 Dec 05:39post reply

I agree with Maese Spt that news of a Tekken game showing up on a Sony system isn't much of a shocker anymore. But is this the Tekken game that Namco promised when the PS3 was first unveiled or is there another Tekken game coming down the line?

Syo
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):here's another stupid poll!" , posted Fri 8 Dec 21:13post reply

quote:
But is this the Tekken game that Namco promised when the PS3 was first unveiled or is there another Tekken game coming down the line?

Doubt it. Namco are probably releasing DR so T6 won't coincide with VF5...

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Pollyanna
2100th Post

"Re(3):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Fri 8 Dec 21:18post reply

quote:
I agree with Maese Spt that news of a Tekken game showing up on a Sony system isn't much of a shocker anymore. But is this the Tekken game that Namco promised when the PS3 was first unveiled or is there another Tekken game coming down the line?

They announced "Tekken 6", at some point, but I think the thing they showed at first might not have been labeled "6". At any rate, it was just like FMV, so it doesn't matter what the hell it was.

I also imagine that "high res update" probably won't be as nice as it sounds. It'll all be worth it if you can play it online, though. If not, I feel like there are too many potential factors detracting from this to make it anything to get too excited about.

It's interesting to have a game like that available for download, though. I hope this shaves a little off the price (based on principle).

Recap
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Screenshots." , posted Fri 8 Dec 21:54:post reply

http://namco-ch.net/tekken5_dr/popup/img/product2.jpg [Image Attached]

http://namco-ch.net/tekken5_dr/index.php

I'll be a 800 MB download only.

More importantly, though:

http://www.s-f.co.jp/soft/ps2/kikikaikai/index.htm

[this message was edited by Recap on Fri 8 Dec 21:58]

Gojira
2086th Post

"Re(1):Screenshots." , posted Fri 8 Dec 22:24post reply

Considering one of the new modes is a "Ghost Battle" I'm not really optimistic about any fancy online capabilities.

I don't really care though, since online fighting games are shit until they can offer the exact same response that a normal offline game has.

The only value this holds is as an existant console version for a game that has none (PSP doesn't really count). For that it really needs no extras or upgrades or hype.

Pollyanna
2101th Post

"Re(2):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 07:44post reply

quote:

I don't really care though, since online fighting games are shit until they can offer the exact same response that a normal offline game has.

The only value this holds is as an existant console version for a game that has none (PSP doesn't really count). For that it really needs no extras or upgrades or hype.

I won't argue if Tekken is worth getting excited about or not, but I will argue that online fighters can offer the same response as a normal offline game.

Games will always be dependant on the "other end" not screwing you up, but as long as you work within your limitations, you should get a close enough game with Xbox live. I mean, of course, if you're playing against a guy with a shitty connection in Djibouti, you'll have a problem, but it's not realistic to say "if I can't play against everyone in the world perfectly, then the whole system is rotten!" I've had a very good experience playing fighters online, excluding using emulators (which isn't worth complaining about, since they're free and mostly illegal).

Iggy
8014th Post

"Re(4):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Sat 9 Dec 07:52post reply

quote:
It'll all be worth it if you can play it online, though.

No online mode.

Pollyanna
2103th Post

"Re(1):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 08:09post reply

quote:

More importantly, though:

http://www.s-f.co.jp/soft/ps2/kikikaikai/index.htm

I love how everyone is glazing over this, then another topic about it starts.

Also...when do we get to play Tekken online!? I hate to second anything Itagaki says, but it's almost embarrassing at this point. This would be a great time to start...

hikarutilmitt
349th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 08:59post reply

quote:
Also...when do we get to play Tekken online!? I hate to second anything Itagaki says, but it's almost embarrassing at this point. This would be a great time to start...

I think the Tekken (and Soul Calibur, for that matter) team has already stated that they haven't put it online because it's not feasible and would change the gameplay too much in all the wrong ways. They don't feel that it's possible to offer the same experience playing the game online as playing in an arcade or at home on the system itself.

It's essentially the same situation as not putting Virtua Fighter online. You always end up with people clamoring to have the game online when they don't know how much work would go into doing so and still have it not be the same. There are moves in VF you couldn't even DO unless it was sheer luck if you made it playable online.

Pollyanna
2104th Post

"Re(3):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 10:57post reply

quote:
You always end up with people clamoring to have the game online when they don't know how much work would go into doing so and still have it not be the same. There are moves in VF you couldn't even DO unless it was sheer luck if you made it playable online.

That sounds a bit snotty, you know. Like "You're just making idiotic demands when you don't know what you're talking about."

I mean, really, what's so different about Tekken and Soul Calibur that makes them completely unviable when you can play DOA online perfectly in most cases? It is an issue with PS2 and maybe still with PS3, because they would have to set up their own servers and it might not be financially viable. It's also true that there will be many matches that won't accurately reproduce the arcade/home experience due to server issues, but those matches can be easily avoided.

I can accept that it isn't financially viable to do an online version or that it's more trouble than it's worth, but I don't believe that it isn't technically possible. I can't speak for Soul Calibur, but I've played VF4, DOA4 and Tekken 5 extensively enough to understand things well enough to pass the "you just don't get it" explanation. I can see that there are some precise things in VF that would require a nice connection, but to say that you couldn't do it is an exaggeration.

hikarutilmitt
350th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 11:32post reply

quote:
I mean, really, what's so different about Tekken and Soul Calibur that makes them completely unviable when you can play DOA online perfectly in most cases? It is an issue with PS2 and maybe still with PS3, because they would have to set up their own servers and it might not be financially viable. It's also true that there will be many matches that won't accurately reproduce the arcade/home experience due to server issues, but those matches can be easily avoided.

I can accept that it isn't financially viable to do an online version or that it's more trouble than it's worth, but I don't believe that it isn't technically possible. I can't speak for Soul Calibur, but I've played VF4, DOA4 and Tekken 5 extensively enough to understand things well enough to pass the "you just don't get it" explanation. I can see that there are some precise things in VF that would require a nice connection, but to say that you couldn't do it is an exaggeration.

My main point, at least with VF, is that it's a matter of PHYSICS that you couldn't have it be a 1-to-1 copy of playing a person right by you. I've even gone as far as to try an IP connect to someone online with something like MAME and the best ping I've ever gotten to a normal server EVER was still above 40ms. That's more than a frame, likely 2 or 3 since the latency won't stay perfectly the same, per second that you're losing with playing online. One of Akira's moves REQUIRES a single frame to be able to execute it properly and you'd be asking people to simply not us that move at all during an online match.

Now, I realize that my saying all of this may sound or even BE a bit "snotty" but you cannot deny physics in this situation wouldn't allow a properly played game online. The only reasons games like Mortal Kombat and DOA work at all online is because they actually have input delays (FAR more the former than the latter) built into their engine so that it's either not noticeable or it's something that can simply be coped with. When you get to the point with a game like Tekken or VF or even SC where you're actually counting the frames of move execution to determine the situation you're in and the plan of attack, your options in various situations change almost completely due to lag.

When you can get a match of SSF2T going online without syncing issues the input lag causes enough problems, but it also changes the game drastically. Strategies that wouldn't fly with even inexperienced players suddenly become strategies that you almost have to use to win.

Pollyanna
2105th Post

"Re(5):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 11:51post reply

I totally see what you're saying, and you're right, but my question is: can you really use MAME as an example for this? Not only is it an emulator, but you're not working with games that are built for this. Hell, you're not even working with something legal.

I can see that getting a game to work like that consistantly would be a tremendous challenge, and from the perspective of the creators "not worth the effort", but I would say "impractical" before "impossible" based on the principle of "you don't know until you try". By the same token, though, I don't suppose I can say it will work without having seen it work myself.

I've heard mixed news about VF5 being online or not, I wonder what will happen. It's a shame if the series will be hurt by this.

How would you feel about a modified version of VF/Tekken that would play slightly differently online, if you could choose to apply these changes or not to the home version? To me, if online play is impractical or impossible as is, this would be a small sacrifice to make.

hikarutilmitt
351th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 12:02post reply

If the game were to be designed with online play in mind then maybe so, but I couldn't really see myself playing VF online because to make changes to it to allow online play would hurt the core of the game. I've played VF2 online with the PC version and it was just not playable to any degree of real precision.

I'm of the mind that just tacking on online play just isn't really worth it. If a mode isn't meant to be used as a serious tool then it shouldn't be there at all.

Now, I wish it WERE possible to play a game online with no latency because that I would fully embrace, but since that's not possible I don't see the point other than to just say you put it online. I wish arcades still were worthwhile and worked over here in the US, but even Tekken 5 and DR barely had anyone playing them by me after a couple of weeks due to home versions coming almost immediately.

Gojira
2087th Post

"Re(3):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 18:16post reply

I know this conversation has gone on without me, but anyway.

quote:

I won't argue if Tekken is worth getting excited about or not, but I will argue that online fighters can offer the same response as a normal offline game.

Games will always be dependant on the "other end" not screwing you up, but as long as you work within your limitations, you should get a close enough game with Xbox live. I mean, of course, if you're playing against a guy with a shitty connection in Djibouti, you'll have a problem, but it's not realistic to say "if I can't play against everyone in the world perfectly, then the whole system is rotten!" I've had a very good experience playing fighters online, excluding using emulators (which isn't worth complaining about, since they're free and mostly illegal).

I've played DR on PSP over a direct connection with the other guy sitting 5 feet away from me, and even with a 0.1 second lag it was enough to screw up my timing a lot. I couldn't tech, I couldn't JF, couldn't time an evade, couldn't get combos or juggles to connect. Online is practically guaranteed to be worse than that. It really doesn't matter whether the other guy is nextdoor or somewhere in Antarctica; lagging just messes up my game.

The reason I think DoA has worked online is just because it has very few instances requiring precise timing. The worst it can be when you add a little bit of lag time to it is a guessing game, and to some people that's all it was to begin with anyway. Even so, there is still some dissent in the DoA community about online play, especially when it comes to tournaments.

But this applies mostly for serious players. Casual players could enjoy a game even if their hair was on fire, so online lag isn't going to ruin the experience much. For me though, I take it too seriously. Can't help it.

Pollyanna
2106th Post

"Re(4):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 18:36post reply

quote:

even with a 0.1 second lag it was enough to screw up my timing a lot.

You know, I was getting kind of irritated with this conversation, because I was saying "how do you know it's impossible?" and just getting "it's impossible", but this really put things into perspective for me.

I can't tell if there's a .1 second lag. My brain can't even register it. I guess you guys are Newtypes or something, but the point here is that you (and I assume other hardcore players) are acting on a completely different level than me. You've got better hardware.

I don't know what kind of online experience the PS3 can provide, but the chance of it having less than .1 second lag is pretty damned unlikely. It's quite possible that an oldtype like me could play and not notice any issue at all, thinking it's as good as 100%, when it's really 99 and that 1% makes all the difference in the world.

However, I still think that 99% is good enough to justify an online mode. Most players, meaning most consumers won't be able to tell the difference. Being able to play online is a -huge- selling point for me. Truly hardcore gamers can still find their place in arcades, as evidentally the only people that will be playing the online version can't play the game on their level to begin with.

I can certainly understand not playing a game if you can't play to your fullest. I won't play with a crappy controller and I imagine a flawed internet connection would cause the same level of irritation. However, I don't think "All or nothing" and "If I can't have fun, neither should you" are good attitudes for online gaming as a whole.

Iggy
8015th Post

"Re(5):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 19:48post reply

But... Isn't Virtua Fighter alreay online ? The arcade version ?

Pollyanna
2108th Post

"Re(6):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 20:27post reply

quote:

That's what I thought, too...but Sega has been very iffy about a home online version being (properly) possible. I don't understand the technology behind their arcade thing, so I don't know if that changes the argument or not.

Gojira
2088th Post

"Re(7):Screenshots." , posted Sat 9 Dec 21:16post reply

quote:

That's what I thought, too...but Sega has been very iffy about a home online version being (properly) possible. I don't understand the technology behind their arcade thing, so I don't know if that changes the argument or not.

It is? I thought VF5 just uploads matches that can be watched over VFnet with some funky automated commentary, but the matches themselves are fought by two players at the same machine.

hikarutilmitt
352th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Screenshots." , posted Sun 10 Dec 02:22post reply

quote:

It is? I thought VF5 just uploads matches that can be watched over VFnet with some funky automated commentary, but the matches themselves are fought by two players at the same machine.

Yeah, the VF.net stuff is for matches, buying items and the like. The closest thing to the machines being "online" is that the typical VS City cabinet is connected to a small section of the machines right in that arcade. They don't use a typical network like the internet connection for it AFAIK, it's all just one "hardwired" connection to each of the machines in that arcade. If there is any lag at all, it is most certainly not enough to ruin the game, but even that is possible doing things like using MAME over a basic LAN where you can get a 0ms ping time.

Ad hoc networking on the PSP introduces lag even when you're right by someone because there is extra processing time involved with a wireless ad hoc connection AND it's a slower connection standard than a regular wired LAN. I mean, at least it's there for multiplayer and all and there isn't a LOT of lag like if you played a game over infrastructure (were there any...) but it still makes fighting games difficult to play beyond a casual experience. This is one of the reasons I won't touch fighting games on the PSP unless I want it for the single-player aspect.

kyo717
184th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Screenshots." , posted Sun 10 Dec 06:00post reply

Like most people said, Tekken and VF are too technical for online mainly because of lag. Series vets will notice instantly when they try say something like Heihachi's EWGF which need to be done in 2 frames (in a game that's 60 frames per sec.)

DOA on the other hand is on the shallow end and is a pretty simple game that doesn't demand execution. The game just revolves around easy to do strings.

Speaking of online fighters, there's one called KwonHo which plays like a simple version of Tekken and VF. The game has RPG elements where you can level up stats, learn new moves, and customize your character's look. Unlike other online console games, the matches are done with a p2p system so lag is not bad for the most part but the other problem is router compatiablity between the players, if they're using a router.

If you're into 3D fighters, I say check it out. The game is really easy to play so even in lag, the game plays and feels the same.

http://kwonho.ijji.com
http://kwonho.hangame.com/

Baines
178th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Screenshots." , posted Sun 10 Dec 08:34post reply

quote:
I can't tell if there's a .1 second lag. My brain can't even register it.

You don't have to be superhuman. You don't even have to "register" it for it to throw off your action.

Hrm.. Would it help to think of a dance game with a limited "hit" window on each step? Then think of what happens if the steps are slightly out of sync with the beat? A frame-specific fighter with lag is worse than that, because you can only go so far accounting for the differences.

quote:
I don't know what kind of online experience the PS3 can provide, but the chance of it having less than .1 second lag is pretty damned unlikely.

As said, it is a physics issue. The speed of light isn't infinite. In a medium it is even slower than in a vaccuum. Even in perfect conditions it takes time to travel some distance. Then add in the other time sinks, as information is packaged, routed, processed, sent possibly along zigzagging paths, etc.

Hardware can improve things (or hurt them), but there will always be some delay. When you consider thousands of miles and unknown processing steps versus a program that requires accurate information delivered at fractions of a second, that's when you have problems.

You can do online fighters, but they need to be lag tolerant. For VF, that would require changing the game itself.

Consider the example of FPS. Over the years, they've had varying methods of tolerance built into their designs. At first, they had extremely primative hit boxes, more like hit cylinders/circles. Even under normal gameplay, you only had to be in the general vicinity to hit a target. This was eased further by intentionally designing weapons that were either slow, area effect, or weak (the last so that a player would be less obsessed if they missed a shot that did 2% damage versus a shot that did 20%). The code for net play was also designed to predict player actions. If you were in the air, the game knew where you were going. If you were running on the ground, it assumed you would keep running. Etc. And plenty more has been done, because while net speeds have improved, the games themselves have been designed to demand faster speeds.

You could design a fighter with such things in mind. (Supposedly DOA does take some measures in account besides just input delay and loose play windows.)

Time Mage
2479th Post

"Re(5):Screenshots." , posted Sun 10 Dec 08:43post reply

I think you are wrong here:

quote:
My main point, at least with VF, is that it's a matter of PHYSICS that you couldn't have it be a 1-to-1 copy of playing a person right by you. I've even gone as far as to try an IP connect to someone online with something like MAME and the best ping I've ever gotten to a normal server EVER was still above 40ms. That's more than a frame, likely 2 or 3 since the latency won't stay perfectly the same, per second that you're losing with playing online. One of Akira's moves REQUIRES a single frame to be able to execute it properly and you'd be asking people to simply not us that move at all during an online match.

Yeah, Akira's "knee" needs to press two buttons with a separation of 1 frame from each other. But that ISN'T affected by latency at all! The latency happens between your inputs and what you see onscreen, but if, let's say, there's a latency of 50 ms and you press two buttons with a separation of 1 frame between them, you'll see the results onscreen 50 ms later, but the information of those button presses travels together, conserving the time delay between them. Maybe, in very unstable connections, the inputs may separate themselves since the latency varies a lot, but with an almost constant latency, that shouldn't be an issue.

Also:

quote:
I can't tell if there's a .1 second lag. My brain can't even register it. I guess you guys are Newtypes or something, but the point here is that you (and I assume other hardcore players) are acting on a completely different level than me. You've got better hardware.

Believe it or not, you can tell. 0.1 s lag is 100 ms lag, which is a lot. In a 2D fighting game, you won't do a single wakeup shoryuken-like move in time with such lag, unlss you are already accustomed and delay yourself instinctively. But, for someone that usually plays offline, that is a lot.

Why is lag bad? Because there's a delay between what you see onscreen and what you input, so, instead of reacting to the information provided by the screen, you have to ignore it and rely on pure timing (in the case of combos) or intuition (in the case of reacting to something) or a mix of both in most cases.

In games like VF, in which you have little leniency to react against your opponent's moves, not being able to respond to the onscreen information means that much, much more moves would become totally safe on block or on hit, since you just can't react in time. And that would change the entire game (at an advanced enough level, of course, I doubt it would affect my crappy VF4 skills.)

I'm the leading man. You know what they say abut the leading man? He NEVER dies.

hikarutilmitt
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Screenshots." , posted Sun 10 Dec 09:23post reply

quote:
Yeah, Akira's "knee" needs to press two buttons with a separation of 1 frame from each other. But that ISN'T affected by latency at all! The latency happens between your inputs and what you see onscreen, but if, let's say, there's a latency of 50 ms and you press two buttons with a separation of 1 frame between them, you'll see the results onscreen 50 ms later, but the information of those button presses travels together, conserving the time delay between them. Maybe, in very unstable connections, the inputs may separate themselves since the latency varies a lot, but with an almost constant latency, that shouldn't be an issue.

It actually affects both in a real-world situation. The more lag there is the longer you have to stretch your commands. Even something quick and simple like a fireball motion can become a long and drawn-out motion when you have to take lag into account. It's a matter of what information goes into the packets each keyframe to maintain syncing. That's why you can, say, send a macro for a move that sends the commands nearly instantly that makes it happen easier and with the 50ms of lag for the more instead of having to employ those 50ms to making the command work. The entire command is sent so swiftly by the macro that it all goes in a single frame sent by the network.

Again, playing VF2 online for the PC causes all sorts of problems to show up, even with a good ping. I can do the single-frame knee for Akira reliably enough to use it in combos when I feel I can, but it was nearly impossible to do it online thanks to input latency.

Basically, with online play and lag, it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

gorgeous
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Mon 11 Dec 15:09post reply

hey guys if there's a definitive announcement in the next few days that virtua fighter 5 (coming to ps3 february 8th) will not have an online mode it's not my fault okay

exodus
3678th Post

"Re(2):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Tue 12 Dec 02:50post reply

where's my online mode?

I beat three guys at Virtua Fighter V at TGS. It was the longest I'd ever played a virtua fighter game. In conclusion LOL japan.

Shyeim
245th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Tue 12 Dec 21:17post reply

I don't know if it's a smart move to release it online, when Tekken:DR is dominating the fighting games scene in Japanese and Korean arcade. Altough online mode would be welcome in US or Europe, because arcade is probably dead there.

Latest Arcade top 10 from Arcadiamagazine

1. Mobile suit Gundam SEED DESTINY combination vs. Z.A.F.T.II
203.2 / Pts.

2. Tekken 5 DARK RESURRECTION
196.5 / Pts.

3. GUILTY GEAR XX SLASH
191.5 / Pts.

4. Virtua Fighter 5 (REVISION 1)
188.1 / Pts.

5. MELTY BLOOD Act Cadenza
186.5 / Pts.

6. STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE
78.9 / pts.

7. Hokuto No Ken
65.4 / Pts.

8. STREET FIGHTER ZERO3
47.0 / pts.

9. Mobile suit Gundam SEED combination vs. Z.A.F.T.
45.4 / Pts.

10.. Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006
43.7 / Pts.

Tekken 5: DR is still switching between the 1st and 2nd place since the release of Tekken 5.

The most weird thing is that Virtua Fighter 5 didn't manage to reach the 1st place after 4 months of playing(possibly first time in history).

Took this info from Tekkenzaibatsu

link here

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=97432

Syo
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):here's another stupid poll!" , posted Wed 13 Dec 10:08post reply

quote:
I don't know if it's a smart move to release it online, when Tekken:DR is dominating the fighting games scene in Japanese and Korean arcade. Altough online mode would be welcome in US or Europe, because arcade is probably dead there.

That being said, I'd much rather they release it online for even half the cost of a normal game than make me pay for revisions of existing games i.e. Tekken 5.

Also, doesn't this kind of thing actually help arcades? I was under the general opinion that a lot of Japanese gamers practiced on their home versions then went to play at arcades to show their skills.

Finally, if it's negative to (finally) release a console version of DR then why are SEGA releasing VF5 as well?

Random thought: Do you think the next-gen with the whole online lark means we can download updates of arcade revisions to games e.g. Virtua Fighter, there by removing the need for us to buy another Guilty Gear XX Slash v2.91?

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Ishmael
2692th Post

"Re(4):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Thu 14 Dec 05:57post reply

quote:

Latest Arcade top 10 from Arcadiamagazine

1. Mobile suit Gundam SEED DESTINY combination vs. Z.A.F.T.II
203.2 / Pts.

2. Tekken 5 DARK RESURRECTION
196.5 / Pts.

3. GUILTY GEAR XX SLASH
191.5 / Pts.

4. Virtua Fighter 5 (REVISION 1)
188.1 / Pts.

5. MELTY BLOOD Act Cadenza
186.5 / Pts.

6. STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE
78.9 / pts.

7. Hokuto No Ken
65.4 / Pts.

8. STREET FIGHTER ZERO3
47.0 / pts.

9. Mobile suit Gundam SEED combination vs. Z.A.F.T.
45.4 / Pts.

10.. Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006
43.7 / Pts.

Wait a sec, two Capcom fighters that were released in 1998 and 1999 are still floating around in the top ten? Is this listing based the amount of revenue generated by the machines, by questioning the readers of the magazine, an arbitrary listing an editor pulled out of thin air or something else?

NARUTO
3507th Post

"Re(5):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Thu 14 Dec 17:55post reply

quote:
Wait a sec, two Capcom fighters that were released in 1998 and 1999 are still floating around in the top ten? Is this listing based the amount of revenue generated by the machines, by questioning the readers of the magazine, an arbitrary listing an editor pulled out of thin air or something else?

Could be wrong but IIRC it's the readers who make this top 10.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

kyo717
185th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Sat 16 Dec 08:47post reply

Despite if it's reader's opinion or actual sales it produces, there's been a little heat about VF5 being just another VF4 revision. VF5 only got character tweaks while VF3->VF4 went to a 4 button game to a 3 button game. I also hear that VF5 cost a little under 2 bucks a game...ouch <.< Most US gamers won't even pay 50 cents per game.

I'm not suprise gundam is number 1 on that list but Zero 3? I sort of expected CVS2 to replace that one.

KTallguy
884th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):So Tekken 5 DR will have a PS3 version." , posted Sat 16 Dec 10:25post reply

quote:
where's my online mode?

I beat three guys at Virtua Fighter V at TGS. It was the longest I'd ever played a virtua fighter game. In conclusion LOL japan.

Yea man u wer kickin ass man ROFL :)

Play to win.