So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at launch? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1866 Views )

Burning Ranger
1462th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at launch?" , posted Mon 20 Nov 00:31post reply

For a moment, I'm tempted to. But then I realized I could wait a while before playing Twilight Princess. In any case, I'm wondering if anyone else is getting one at launch.

One question for those who have it: how good is the backward compatibility? Do some games not work? For me, this is insanely important since I have a few GC games I don't want to part with.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Replies:

GekigangerV
1289th Post

"Re(1):So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at l" , posted Mon 20 Nov 01:01post reply

quote:
For a moment, I'm tempted to. But then I realized I could wait a while before playing Twilight Princess. In any case, I'm wondering if anyone else is getting one at launch.

One question for those who have it: how good is the backward compatibility? Do some games not work? For me, this is insanely important since I have a few GC games I don't want to part with.

I got one myself, haven't got a chance to play it yet(its mostly as X-Mas present for my little brother). I went to Target at 6:30 in morning ant was 29 our of 60 something for Wiis. Bought myself Zelda, DBZ, and Trauma Center. I'll see if I get a chance to play Wii Sports Boxing later.

Is there any game in particular you wanted to test for backwards compatibility. I'll see if I can test it out this weekend or something.

Oroch
911th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at l" , posted Mon 20 Nov 03:14post reply

quote:

I got one myself, haven't got a chance to play it yet(its mostly as X-Mas present for my little brother). I went to Target at 6:30 in morning ant was 29 our of 60 something for Wiis. Bought myself Zelda, DBZ, and Trauma Center. I'll see if I get a chance to play Wii Sports Boxing later.

Is there any game in particular you wanted to test for backwards compatibility. I'll see if I can test it out this weekend or something.

no but i dl'ed riva tuner and overclocked my gamecube! fun!

and bought a 8800gtx!

Burning Ranger
1463th Post

"Re(2):So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at l" , posted Mon 20 Nov 04:55post reply

quote:

Well, the Resident Evils (esp. 1 and 4), Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime(s) and MGS Twin Snakes.

I'm especially interested to see if the GC versions of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and the other Zeldas) work on the GC. The GC version had rumble--the Wii VC version won't. Also, it'll be interesting to see how good the backwards compatibility really is (compared to, say PS3 Backward compatibilty).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

hikarutilmitt
346th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at l" , posted Mon 20 Nov 06:43post reply

quote:

Well, the Resident Evils (esp. 1 and 4), Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime(s) and MGS Twin Snakes.

I'm especially interested to see if the GC versions of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and the other Zeldas) work on the GC. The GC version had rumble--the Wii VC version won't. Also, it'll be interesting to see how good the backwards compatibility really is (compared to, say PS3 Backward compatibilty).

Considering the internals of the Wii and GC are pretty much identical (I think they're the same thing, in fact) I wouldn't foresee any incompatibilities with the GC other than the Game Boy Player not working, though I'm willing to bet that the disc will at least boot.

We got ours last night (preordered at EB back the day they started) and so far we've setup our Miis and I've gotten the Internet setup on it and gotten whatever updates there were when you initially do so.

Cain Highwind
733th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at l" , posted Mon 20 Nov 13:42post reply

I didn't get a chance unfortunately, I camped out at the Wal-mart at about 7pm, I was 24th, but the Wii's stopped at 20. Now I'll have to wait a couple weeks, my component cables were backordered anyway, and I've got FFXII to tide me over.

Oh and apparently, some people have been able to get the GC Freeloader to work for imports.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=8894

GekigangerV
1291th Post

"Re(5):So, did (or is) anyone get the Wii at l" , posted Mon 27 Nov 12:56post reply

quote:
I didn't get a chance unfortunately, I camped out at the Wal-mart at about 7pm, I was 24th, but the Wii's stopped at 20. Now I'll have to wait a couple weeks, my component cables were backordered anyway, and I've got FFXII to tide me over.

Oh and apparently, some people have been able to get the GC Freeloader to work for imports.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=8894

Good news about that Freeloader since there is a Hajime no Ippo game coming out that I really want.

Zelda music

Here

Its from the game itself so you will here Epona.