Guitar Hero II is here! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1646 Views )

Mokona
381th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Thu 9 Nov 04:19:post reply

Fortunately for me, the second game was highly awaited, therefore available on launch date at my local retailer (last year, we had to wait for about a month before Canada got it... even though the release date is for North America...)

I'm having a blast with it, I ended the first 3 tiers in Expert (I just encored with War Pigs this morning before leaving for work, and it was pure bliss).
I know the full track list, but I still enjoy descovering each song's rendition in the game. They did a brilliant job again.

Also, practice mode... *glee* I'm most likely gonna need it for stuff like Misirlou or Hangar 18... can't wait to fail miserably at those and working on clearing them the way I worked on Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon.

Anyone else picked it up?

PS: the ending to the Spinal Tap song is funny as hell (if you have seen the movie that is... but who hasn't)

Blah!

[this message was edited by Mokona on Thu 9 Nov 04:19]

Replies:

Digitalboy
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Thu 9 Nov 05:42post reply

Me.
quote:
PS: the ending to the Spinal Tap song is funny as hell (if you have seen the movie that is... but who hasn't)

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Hagen de Merak
918th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Thu 9 Nov 07:45post reply

quote:
Fortunately for me, the second game was highly awaited, therefore available on launch date at my local retailer (last year, we had to wait for about a month before Canada got it... even though the release date is for North America...)

I'm having a blast with it, I ended the first 3 tiers in Expert (I just encored with War Pigs this morning before leaving for work, and it was pure bliss).
I know the full track list, but I still enjoy descovering each song's rendition in the game. They did a brilliant job again.

Also, practice mode... *glee* I'm most likely gonna need it for stuff like Misirlou or Hangar 18... can't wait to fail miserably at those and working on clearing them the way I worked on Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon.

Anyone else picked it up?

What songs are in the game? Let me know what the unlockables are when you get them

samson
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Fri 10 Nov 00:00post reply

I've played GH a lot.
I'll buy the 2nd for sure.
The feature that attracks me is the ability to play rythm/bass guitar.
And is has Freebird.

What they MUST do now is merge the GH tracklist with the GH2 new features !

Or maybe they're already hidden somewhere in GH2...

Mokona
381th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Fri 10 Nov 01:53post reply

quote:
I've played GH a lot.
I'll buy the 2nd for sure.
The feature that attracks me is the ability to play rythm/bass guitar.
And is has Freebird.

What they MUST do now is merge the GH tracklist with the GH2 new features !

Or maybe they're already hidden somewhere in GH2...

There's nothing like that, although I would love to play GH1 with the new Hammer-on/Pull-off mechanics. They're much more forgiving and closer to reality.

The game is really harder than the first one. I'm beginning to get stuck even before the last tier is unlocked (I have 9 more songs to clear). It's a bit surprising since I haven't unlocked YYZ yet (it's the encore from the tier I'm stuck in) and I could finish it easily in the OPM demo on Expert...
I'm currently stuck on Carry me Home, I can't even get past the intro, it's too fast. I had the same problem with Cowboys from hell in the first game, but managed. And this time around, I do have the training mode, so I guess with patience, I'll get it...

I have mixed feelings with the soundtrack. There are more songs, which is good, but there are also more songs that I don't care about (yet at least) and that do nothing for me when I play them.
All in all, I love the game and have yet to discover it fully. I unlocked all the bonus songs, but haven't played any of them yet. However, from what I hear when I highlight them, most of them are really metal, not so much punk or pop... You can find the track list for the bonus songs there http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7713

Blah!

Hagen de Merak
920th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Fri 10 Nov 09:08post reply

quote:
However, from what I hear when I highlight them, most of them are really metal, not so much punk or pop... You can find the track list for the bonus songs there http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7713

hell yes shadows fall. Dont know about the other bands, but shadows fall is definitely METAL whoo.
thanks for the link.

Undead Fred
2744th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Fri 10 Nov 15:35post reply

Wow, I'm one of two Cafe members in this thread with a working tag and/or avatar...

Anyway, I'm enjoying Guitar Hero 2. I can't say it's tougher than the first, since I smoked Medium in two days without failing a song once. But to be fair, I played a lot of the first one and got really comfortable with Medium... and the loosened hammer-ons were a big help. I also do a lot of up-and-down strums instead of plucking, if that helps. I like the characters as I did before, but I was kind of disappointed to see the two guys I never used in the first one as unlocks in the shop. Heh heh. "Aww, I have to pay MONEY to not use Clive Winston ever this time?"

There are a lot of good songs on this one, and some great surprise songs in there, too. I like the encores a lot, but it would have been a little cooler if I had to work for them... kind of sucks to stumble and fail hard on a song just to have the audience pumping their fists in the air like it was amazing. But that's nitpicky.

So, who's everyone's favorite here? Mine's still gotta be Pandora. There are other runner-ups, but she's still my personal favorite... I just kind of wish she was a little more energetic like she was in the first game.

Mokona
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Guitar Hero II is here!" , posted Sat 11 Nov 06:56post reply

quote:
Wow, I'm one of two Cafe members in this thread with a working tag and/or avatar...

Anyway, I'm enjoying Guitar Hero 2. I can't say it's tougher than the first, since I smoked Medium in two days without failing a song once. But to be fair, I played a lot of the first one and got really comfortable with Medium... and the loosened hammer-ons were a big help. I also do a lot of up-and-down strums instead of plucking, if that helps. I like the characters as I did before, but I was kind of disappointed to see the two guys I never used in the first one as unlocks in the shop. Heh heh. "Aww, I have to pay MONEY to not use Clive Winston ever this time?"

There are a lot of good songs on this one, and some great surprise songs in there, too. I like the encores a lot, but it would have been a little cooler if I had to work for them... kind of sucks to stumble and fail hard on a song just to have the audience pumping their fists in the air like it was amazing. But that's nitpicky.

So, who's everyone's favorite here? Mine's still gotta be Pandora. There are other runner-ups, but she's still my personal favorite... I just kind of wish she was a little more energetic like she was in the first game.

Well, I can tell you that in expert, the game is really harder than the first one, mainly because many of the later songs are really fast, and fast play in expert tends to go a little crazy.

I finally got to the last tier and have only 2 more songs to clear before I unlock Free Bird (and therefore have unlocked every song in the game). I even cleared Misirlou... it's somehow not as hard as it seems, even in Expert (there are a lot of easier parts in the songs that allow you to rebuild your meter before the next crazy part).

I'll go through at least medium and hard just to be able to unlock all the stuff easily, at least to check them (like the videos, I don't want to spend my expert cash to purchase those, since you can unlock them with the money from the easier levels and still watch them.)

My favorite character... hmmm I guess Clive Winston, but I kinda like that new Lars Umlaut dude, he's funny. I just give him a black explorer and have him play stuff like Thunderhorse...

Blah!