user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Wed 8 Nov 11:13post reply

Here are some Spider-Man 3 bad guy images that may be leaked game stuff

Venom

Sandman

Green Goblin?

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

I've heard the GG2 will actually be called Rocket Racer, but maybe that is just people talking.

End of Spoiler

Army of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies

I love both Army of Darkness of Marvel Zombies, but this seems a little out there.

Civil War spoiler?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/7763425.jpg

End of Spoiler

Oddly SEGA got the rights to make Iron Man games.

Link Here

This seems rather random as Marvel appeared to be doing good with Activision, but I am wondering which branch will develop the game.

Marvel Nemesis 2 is on the way

I hope there are no more original characters and the liven up the backgrounds and mood of the game a bit.

I got both Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Justice League Heroes recently and I am enjoying both games.

Marvel is a spin off of the X-Men Legends games with a wide variety of characters from the Marvel universe. Each character has many unique moves not only for their specials, but in there hand to hand moves. Raven was pretty creative in some of the attacks. Mr. Fantastic is very unique compared to Captain America and Thor. Some of the characters like Luke Cage and Ms. Marvel don't stand out that much in that department though.

The gameplay is pretty much the same as the Legends games. You have the same knockback and trip combos and you can access your powers by holding the R button. However flying is no longer an ability you have to unlock, characters that can fly can do it right away with no energy drain. Spider-Man does some webslinging and Deadpool teleports short distances. However charactes with health regeneration don't get that right away and need special costumes that you need to upgrade inorder to activate it.

The super attack system is different though, each characters has a bar you build up by defeating enemies(the bar goes up faster with combos) and once that bar is filled you can do a super. If more than one character has a full super bar they will also use theirs. The only bad thing about this is a character might be out of range to effectively use their super without you knowing their bar is full so you pretty much waste it.

The game is pretty damn good and the presentation is awesome. I love walking through some of the bases and seeing what each character has to say. I wish they would make an animated feature using the CG models from the cutscenes. However, the battles can become cluster fuck, especially some the miniboss fights. However, the level designs are pretty long and tedious.

There is one level where you are in Arcade's murder world which starts out in a long level that appears to be Doom's castle then moves on to a long level that is Murderworld. Save points are sparse and you have to make your way through the level for 20 minutes before you see another save point.

End of Spoiler

They've added QTEs to some of the boss fights and it makes some boss fights pretty fun while other boss QTEs seemed pretty forced and don't work so well.

Justice League Heroes is a pretty fun game though I am only 4 or 5 levels into it. The game is similar to Marvel, but noticeably different. Although the characters basic attacks are rather generic, their specials are implemented very well. Flash and Green Lantern have some nice moves and move animations and their properties make them pretty unique.

The level up interface is also MUCH more user friendly than Marvel. It is straight to the point and also has a system where you can add boosters to certain abilities in addition to leveling them up which is quite fun.

Like Marvel, you can choose different costumes that give different benefits/consequences such as increased health at the sacrifice of lower energy. The level design in JL is slightly better than Marvel as the levels are shorter and straight to the point with checkpoints spaced pretty frequently.

I feel that JL has better flying combat than Marvel, but JL forces you to use flying more frequently than Marvel does.

If they combined the best parts of Marvel and Justice League we would have the best superhero game ever.

Replies:

GekigangerV
1285th Post

"Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games *&toys)" , posted Wed 8 Nov 11:24post reply

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002282532.cfm

Hasbro Marvel legends 2 seem to be sucking real bad.

Dr Baghead
3629th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games *" , posted Wed 8 Nov 14:18post reply

quote:
Hasbro Marvel legends 2 seem to be sucking real bad.

The Thor looks pretty good though, and since he was the only one I wanted I'm happy with wave 2... I'm pretty sure Wave 1 is gonna hit soon too! So soon I'll Fraiser Beast to go with my Niles Abe Sapien!!

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Ammadeau
1528th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games *" , posted Wed 8 Nov 18:42post reply

Tip for Justice League. Unlock Hawkgirl and level up her lightning attack. Really short range, but utterly destroys bosses. It's a little light on content, but a fun game overall.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Just a Person
826th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Wed 8 Nov 19:31post reply

quote:
Marvel is a spin off of the X-Men Legends games with a wide variety of characters from the Marvel universe. Each character has many unique moves not only for their specials, but in there hand to hand moves. Raven was pretty creative in some of the attacks. Mr. Fantastic is very unique compared to Captain America and Thor. Some of the characters like Luke Cage and Ms. Marvel don't stand out that much in that department though.

The gameplay is pretty much the same as the Legends games. You have the same knockback and trip combos and you can access your powers by holding the R button. However flying is no longer an ability you have to unlock, characters that can fly can do it right away with no energy drain. Spider-Man does some webslinging and Deadpool teleports short distances. However charactes with health regeneration don't get that right away and need special costumes that you need to upgrade inorder to activate it.

The super attack system is different though, each characters has a bar you build up by defeating enemies(the bar goes up faster with combos) and once that bar is filled you can do a super. If more than one character has a full super bar they will also use theirs. The only bad thing about this is a character might be out of range to effectively use their super without you knowing their bar is full so you pretty much waste it.

The game is pretty damn good and the presentation is awesome. I love walking through some of the bases and seeing what each character has to say. I wish they would make an animated feature using the CG models from the cutscenes. However, the battles can become cluster fuck, especially some the miniboss fights. However, the level designs are pretty long and tedious.

That sounds great!
Oh, some websites claim that Psylocke is in Marvel Ultimate Alliance (not playable, though); is this true? I haven't found a single screenshot from her in this game yet...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Ishmael
2668th Post

"Re(2):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Thu 9 Nov 02:21post reply

One of the things I like about MUA is that you are never required to have a specific character in your party and there are almost no points in the game that you need a specific power [such as flight or bridge building] in order to progress. Does JLH have this same flexibility when it comes to team building?

Juan
4302th Post

"Re(1):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Thu 9 Nov 02:26:post reply

I played Marvel Alliance with some friends and it was pretty fun. The only thing that was dissapointing was that they didnt give you the ability to modify individual stats like the x-men legends games, but I understand they did this to make it easier to play for younger players. I did like the ability to recover most of your points in case you maxed out a stupid power.

Deadpool was hilarious. After a while his regeneration got crazy to the point that he never died.

WW2 Captain America was pretty smooth.

And I never thought I would see my favorite discount Batman in a game. I mean, Moon Knight.

ok

[this message was edited by Juan on Thu 9 Nov 02:28]

Digitalboy
361th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Thu 9 Nov 05:41post reply

Army of Darkness/Marvel Zombies x-over? SOLD! This could be the one thing that gets me back into comics. Zombies are freaking me out man!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Burning Ranger
1460th Post

"Re(3):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Thu 9 Nov 10:46post reply

quote:
Army of Darkness/Marvel Zombies x-over? SOLD! This could be the one thing that gets me back into comics. Zombies are freaking me out man!

I never read any of the Marvel Zombies stories, though I do have the Ultimate FF Zombies issues collected. But when you add Army of Darkness into the mix--how can I resist!?!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Burning Ranger
1461th Post

"Superhero stuff(TV too?)" , posted Thu 9 Nov 10:55post reply

Can we talk Superhero TV too? Anyone watch "Heroes"? Pretty interesting stuff. I especially liked:

How the senatorial candidate escaped in Las Vegas.

End of Spoiler

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Ammadeau
1529th Post

"Re(3):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Thu 9 Nov 20:19post reply

quote:
One of the things I like about MUA is that you are never required to have a specific character in your party and there are almost no points in the game that you need a specific power [such as flight or bridge building] in order to progress. Does JLH have this same flexibility when it comes to team building?

No, sadly. One of the game's larger problem is for most levels you'll have a set team you can't change, and once you do get to choose a team, you're stuck with them for the rest of that area. It's because the characters are strongly tied to the story, but it's still a bit of a pain. On the upside, the overall game plays better than MUA with more interesting powers, better leveling system, and interaction with the environments. Like picking up a huge tree and clubbing a robot to death with it. MUA feels very clunky in comparison.

Ishmael
2669th Post

"Re(4):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Thu 9 Nov 23:43post reply

A few random thought on MUA. The new options you have for throws/grapples is a nice addition. Not only does it help out the tank characters but grabbing and slugging an enemy repeatedly in the face is a quick and safe way to build up super meter. The weapon system makes for a nice change of pace but seems over-powered. Why bother unleashing your amazing, nearly god-like powers when bonking someone over the head with a club gets better results? I do, however, like the God of War style mini-game that you do in order to steal weapons from larger enemies.

quote:

No, sadly. One of the game's larger problem is for most levels you'll have a set team you can't change, and once you do get to choose a team, you're stuck with them for the rest of that area. It's because the characters are strongly tied to the story, but it's still a bit of a pain. On the upside, the overall game plays better than MUA with more interesting powers, better leveling system, and interaction with the environments. Like picking up a huge tree and clubbing a robot to death with it. MUA feels very clunky in comparison.

Hmm, JLH sounds like fun but if the developers think they can force me to play as Aquaman they are sadly mistaken.

moonslash
163th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Fri 10 Nov 02:45post reply

you can modify your characters moves and what not....you have to turn it off in the your menu...i think you have to do it each character...i didnt bother cause i was too lazy...

quote:
I played Marvel Alliance with some friends and it was pretty fun. The only thing that was dissapointing was that they didnt give you the ability to modify individual stats like the x-men legends games, but I understand they did this to make it easier to play for younger players. I did like the ability to recover most of your points in case you maxed out a stupid power.

Deadpool was hilarious. After a while his regeneration got crazy to the point that he never died.

WW2 Captain America was pretty smooth.

And I never thought I would see my favorite discount Batman in a game. I mean, Moon Knight.

2D will never die.

GekigangerV
1286th Post

"New Spider-Man 3 Trailer" , posted Fri 10 Nov 12:58post reply

Link Here

Pretty damn cool, I can't wait.

BTW, was that the Godzilla roar?

Ammadeau
1530th Post

"Re(5):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Fri 10 Nov 13:16post reply

quote:
Hmm, JLH sounds like fun but if the developers think they can force me to play as Aquaman they are sadly mistaken.

You're never forced to play as Aquaman. He's an optional character. Pretty good character, actually. I used him quite a bit. The various duos forced on you are pretty varied, so you will probably find someone you don't mind using. Overall, I think it's a better game than MUA, but doesn't have enough characters, and the boss fights are less interesting (but the regular fights are much better).

Juan
4304th Post

"Re(3):Superhero stuff(movies, comics, games)" , posted Sat 11 Nov 04:40post reply

I know about changing the stats on the powers, those are the ones you can rearrange. I meant stuff like modifying strenght, vit, hit, etc.

quote:
you can modify your characters moves and what not....you have to turn it off in the your menu...i think you have to do it each character...i didnt bother cause i was too lazy...

ok

GekigangerV
1288th Post

"Re(1):New Spider-Man 3 Trailer" , posted Mon 13 Nov 04:52:post reply

quote:
Link Here

Pretty damn cool, I can't wait.

BTW, was that the Godzilla roar?

Here is the one from comic con with Venom at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5l9fEBs4m8

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Mon 13 Nov 04:55]

ZamIAm
1591th Post

"T'Challa + New CrossGen Trade" , posted Wed 29 Nov 09:43post reply

I've been a big fan of the Black Panther+Storm marriage. While the first arc of Black Panther was shaky and I skipped the House of M and X-Men crossovers but the past 8 (10?) issues have been on point and is the main thing I wait for on Wednesdays (that and Street Fighter but the delays on the main series are getting on my nerves--Legends has been great so far.

Speaking of comics, CrossGen...returning? http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=91483

Digitalboy
369th Post

Silver Customer

"Known X-Men artist passes away." , posted Thu 30 Nov 22:01post reply

Dave Cockrum passes away.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

HAYATO
718th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Known X-Men artist passes away." , posted Thu 30 Nov 22:09post reply

quote:
Dave Cockrum passes away.

Cockrum passed away on the morning of November 26, 2006, in superman pajamas, due to complications from diabetes. His death was announced by Clifford Meth on the Nightscrawlers forum.[1] He will be cremated wearing a Green Lantern shirt.

LOL, what a sad and innoble death...

crazymike
1260th Post

"Re(2):Known X-Men artist passes away." , posted Fri 1 Dec 15:32post reply

quote:

Worst.Death.Ever.

HAYATO
721th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Known X-Men artist passes away." , posted Sat 2 Dec 02:50post reply

quote:

Worst.Death.Ever.

Well, we should've seen this coming... after all, he was the creator of Colossus and Nightcrawler, so we all knew he wasn't completely sane.