Smash Bros. Brawl News - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2686 Views )

Burning Ranger
1457th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sat 4 Nov 08:55post reply

Looks like Nintendo has revealed the latest character for SSB Brawl (hint: It's a furry).

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2686

Question: I thought Nintendo would have more substantial SSBB news during Nintendo World. Could it be they're announcing one character per day?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Replies:

Evenor
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sat 4 Nov 09:52post reply

quote:
Looks like Nintendo has revealed the latest character for SSB Brawl (hint: It's a furry).

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2686

Question: I thought Nintendo would have more substantial SSBB news during Nintendo World. Could it be they're announcing one character per day?

This game looks GORGEOUS.

I hate Fox, so adding him to the cast will do nothing for me. All I want is Peach, Jigglypuff and ASH Ketchum.

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

exodus
3618th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sat 4 Nov 10:26post reply

I'm glad a bunch of real fighting game news came out before we had to resort to talking about smash brothers.

Shooo-rook
259th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sat 4 Nov 12:55post reply

quote:
I'm glad a bunch of real fighting game news came out before we had to resort to talking about smash brothers.

Is there suppose to be super moves in this game? or are they resorting to special moves only being involved with the "B" button?

Are you slave to the blade?

Pollyanna
2057th Post

"Re(4):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sat 4 Nov 14:47post reply

quote:

Is there suppose to be super moves in this game? or are they resorting to special moves only being involved with the "B" button?

There are super moves this time. I guess that's good? I dunno...Smash Bros isn't anything like a traditional fighting game, so applying similar standards doesn't really mean anything.

Also, screw them for making us wait so long, then just giving us fucking Fox, who I'm sure, everyone was confidant would be in the game anyway.

GIVE ME DUSTER!!!!

I'll take Kumatora or Claus as well, but Lukas can suck it.

Also, Waluigi would be nice. I'm not asking for too much, really!

Juan
4299th Post

"Re(1):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sat 4 Nov 16:02post reply

The samples of Snake fighting are good. He doesnt seem to be out of place with the other characters.

Really looking forward for this game. I still play Smash Brothers and Mario Kart with my friends, and this will probably get the same replay.

ok

Shooo-rook
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sun 5 Nov 02:01:post reply

quote:

Also, screw them for making us wait so long, then just giving us fucking Fox, who I'm sure, everyone was confidant would be in the game anyway.

If fox brings slippy instead of stupid ass Falco this time, then i'll be happy

Edit: But I know they won't fucking do that </3

[this message was edited by Shooo-rook on Sun 5 Nov 02:01]

Kikkoken
1111th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sun 5 Nov 19:24post reply

quote:

Have you noticed how this game is lacking in female characters? I'd rather they included Krystal if only for this reason.

Pollyanna
2061th Post

"Re(7):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Sun 5 Nov 21:20post reply

quote:

Have you noticed how this game is lacking in female characters? I'd rather they included Krystal if only for this reason.

But she's so grosssss!

Speaking of girls, I hope they bring back all the characters from before, or it's going to disappoint people. I'll be quite sad without Peach. (unless I get Kumatora instead)

Burning Ranger
1458th Post

"Re(3):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 07:50post reply

quote:

But from what I can tell, all those other fighting games have a snowball's chance in hell of hitting the US. So while that news is good, it's unlikely we'll get to play any of those games unless we're in Japan. As for Smash Bros, we all know it's coming to the US at least so it warrants attention.

Shooo-rook
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 09:58post reply

quote:

A new female character= If they include Peach, then Daisy. Like how they did with falco, and fox. If a new female character wholly new, I have no fucking clue. I want to see more clips of this game fast.

Pollyanna
2063th Post

"Re(4):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 10:15post reply

quote:

But from what I can tell, all those other fighting games have a snowball's chance in hell of hitting the US.

Yeah, but I don't think most of the people who come here are from the US to begin with, so I'm not sure how relevant of an issue that is.

Also, Shooo-rook:

quote:
If a new female character wholly new, I have no fucking clue. I want to see more clips of this game fast.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here.

Maou
920th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 10:26post reply

More girl characters? How about...Wendy O. Koopa? Koopa's children are long overdue for a comeback, and they all had sort of unique wand attacks in 3 so maybe they could be good. Hmm.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Burning Ranger
1459th Post

"Re(5):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 11:49post reply

quote:

Yeah, but I don't think most of the people who come here are from the US to begin with, so I'm not sure how relevant of an issue that is.

Gotcha. I'm just frustrated at the reality of the 2D video game market right now.

But at least I like Smash Bros...

Baines
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 12:12post reply

Why do so many people get upset about the slow rate of character revelations? They seem to expect everything to be revealed at each big show, and then get mad when it isn't.

Heck, has the game even received a release date other than "We're trying for 2007"?

Shooo-rook
263th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 13:23:post reply

quote:

But from what I can tell, all those other fighting games have a snowball's chance in hell of hitting the US.

Also, Shooo-rook:

If a new female character wholly new, I have no fucking clue. I want to see more clips of this game fast.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here.

Im just being shooo-rook

EDIT: For a new female character, i would have no clue of who they would put in the game.

[this message was edited by Shooo-rook on Mon 6 Nov 13:33]

Just a Person
822th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(8):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 21:56post reply

quote:

A new female character= If they include Peach, then Daisy. Like how they did with falco, and fox. If a new female character wholly new, I have no fucking clue. I want to see more clips of this game fast.

Didnīt Nintendo say that other non-Nintendo characters besides Snake may appear in SSBB? If so, I think Chun-Li would be a really nice addition!
But if weīre talking about Nintendo characters, then Dixie Kong would be the best choice. As much as I like Daisy (I like her better than Peach, actually), clone-characters tend to be boring.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Gojira
2077th Post

"Re(9):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Mon 6 Nov 22:08post reply

quote:

Didnīt Nintendo say that other non-Nintendo characters besides Snake may appear in SSBB? If so, I think Chun-Li would be a really nice addition!
But if weīre talking about Nintendo characters, then Dixie Kong would be the best choice. As much as I like Daisy (I like her better than Peach, actually), clone-characters tend to be boring.

GOOMBELLA

Shooo-rook
263th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 7 Nov 01:21post reply

quote:

The only "clone" character i would be interested to see, isn't really a clone character i guess. Diddy Kong would be awesome.

ZamIAm
1582th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 7 Nov 03:17post reply

quote:
The only "clone" character i would be interested to see, isn't really a clone character i guess. Diddy Kong would be awesome.

True. With DK's Up+B attack, Dixie's flight has lost its uniqueness while there's innovative things they could try with Diddy ranging from the cartwheel to his coconut guns.

Just a Person
824th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 7 Nov 04:06post reply

quote:

True. With DK's Up+B attack, Dixie's flight has lost its uniqueness while there's innovative things they could try with Diddy ranging from the cartwheel to his coconut guns.

Actually she doesn't fly, she only glides, it seems.
But I think Dixie can get many unique features. Like, she can use her hair to grab items and grab or attack opponents (like Sindel, from MK - or, in case of attack, like Link's B attack), she could use her electric guitar from DKC2 to make her opponents dizzy, or even borrow her lil' sister's weapon from DK64 (yup, Dixie and Tiny are sisters - actually it looks pretty obvious, doesn't it? But Tiny is boring, although she has more abilities)...

Or, since there are rumours about the Ice Climbers being absent from SSBB, she and Diddy could be teamed up, like they were in DKC2.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Momo
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 7 Nov 05:08post reply

I would like to see as few Donkey Kong Country characters as possible.

also, no Sonic.

actually, NO FURRIES PERIOD (EXCEPT MAYBE PINK BUNNY LINK FROM LINK TO THE PAST)

Shooo-rook
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 7 Nov 05:53post reply

quote:
NO FURRIES PERIOD (EXCEPT MAYBE PINK BUNNY LINK FROM LINK TO THE PAST)

I think it would be funny if they clone Mario even more, and have the Virtual BOy version of Mario, with a tennis racquet. He'd still be red.

ZamIAm
1583th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 7 Nov 09:44post reply

quote:
Or, since there are rumours about the Ice Climbers being absent from SSBB, she and Diddy could be teamed up, like they were in DKC2.

That would suck if they weren't, but at the same time, I've had a sneaking suspicion Sheik won't return ever since I saw Zero Suit Samus with the energy whip.

E5150
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Wed 8 Nov 06:24post reply

Speaking of Punch Out, why hasn't any characters from Punch Out been in any Smash Bros games?
It's an outrage!!1

ZamIAm
1584th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Wed 8 Nov 08:17post reply

quote:
Speaking of Punch Out, why hasn't any characters from Punch Out been in any Smash Bros games?
It's an outrage!!1

I'm wondering if it is for legal/copyright reasons. That said, I'm wondering if that's why DK is the only Kong to show up. SSBM actually has a RARE(c) copyright in the end credits so they may still have partial rights.

Baines
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Wed 8 Nov 09:20post reply

quote:
SSBM actually has a RARE(c) copyright in the end credits so they may still have partial rights.

The prox mine in SSBM was from Perfect Dark. I think the cloak was as well. For some reason the US trophy text doesn't carry this detail.

As well, what about the DK stages? And wasn't the DK rap originally from a Rare release?

Hrm... Does Star Fox Armada ever mention Rare? It has Krystal in it, after all.

TiamatRoar
762th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Wed 8 Nov 23:14:post reply

quote:
SSBM actually has a RARE(c) copyright in the end credits so they may still have partial rights.

The prox mine in SSBM was from Perfect Dark. I think the cloak was as well. For some reason the US trophy text doesn't carry this detail.

As well, what about the DK stages? And wasn't the DK rap originally from a Rare release?

Hrm... Does Star Fox Armada ever mention Rare? It has Krystal in it, after all.

After the settlements when Rare left, Nintendo owns the rights to ANYTHING DK related. There's a Dixie Kong trophy in Smash Brothers Melee after all (popular GUESSES are that there is NOT a Diddy Kong trophy because Diddy was supposed to be playable but they didn't have the time to add him). There have also been Donkey Kong games with various DK Country characters ever since Rare left (such as DK's Jungle Beat)

Therefore, Nintendo also owns the rights to the DK Rap and the Kremlings. They do not, however, own the rights to Perfect Dark, which might explain why Perfect Dark isn't mentioned in the American Version of Melee for its related items (I am unsure of timeline, but maybe Rare finally fully left and settled with Nintendo in between Smash Bros Melee's Japanese and American releases. This might also explain Rare being mentioned in regards to DK in Smash Bros. Melee)

After the settlements, it seems that they also own the rights to ANYTHING Star Fox related. This is why even that stupid dinosaur Tricky from Rare Game Star Fox Adventures appears in Star Fox Assault as well. Krystal of course is in Star Fox Command so she's Nintendown'd even if she was created by Rare.

I believe that all mentions of Rare in regards to Krystal or Donkey Kong are no longer in any current Nintendo games.

[this message was edited by TiamatRoar on Wed 8 Nov 23:16]

hikarutilmitt
345th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 14 Nov 00:34post reply

quote:

I dunno, with Konami allowing Snake, maybe they allow a CV female like, say, Syfa or Maria or someone. I know that if Syfa were in the game I'd probably never pick anyone else, even if she was terrible.

Sensenic
1553th Post

"Re(9):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 14 Nov 21:25post reply

quote:

There are super moves this time. I guess that's good? I dunno...Smash Bros isn't anything like a traditional fighting game, so applying similar standards doesn't really mean anything.

It's an item, apparently. The Smash Bros logo.
(if they don't change it from the first trailer, that is)
quote:

Didnīt Nintendo say that other non-Nintendo characters besides Snake may appear in SSBB?

I recall reading somewhere (don't know where right now, though x_x) that it'd be three non-Nintendo characters. Uh... Now I forgot whether it's Snake plus other 3, or 3 counting Snake... Argh.
That, and maybe one more as a surprise secret character...

Anyway, the point is, don't put your hopes too high on that, as there'll be only a few (I guess).
quote:

I dunno, with Konami allowing Snake, maybe they allow a CV female like, say, Syfa or Maria or someone. I know that if Syfa were in the game I'd probably never pick anyone else, even if she was terrible.

A man can dream... Altho if a CV character were to appear there, guess it'd be Simon.

Ling Yao. The king indeed.

"In the beginning there was nothing and God said: "Let there be light".
And still there was nothing but you could see it!
" -Unknown-

TiamatRoar
762th Post

"Re(10):Smash Bros. Brawl News" , posted Tue 14 Nov 23:37post reply

quote:
I recall reading somewhere (don't know where right now, though x_x) that it'd be three non-Nintendo characters. Uh... Now I forgot whether it's Snake plus other 3, or 3 counting Snake... Argh.

Sakurai said MAYBE 1-2 more third party characters. So that's 3 third party characters including Snake at most.