videogames can teach you useful things - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1856 Views )

exodus
3583th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Tue 24 Oct 02:07post reply

That can be applied in your everyday life!

see here.

Yes, I'm linking a normal site about a western-developed game, and I feel very dirty for it, so please don't call extra attention to it.

Replies:

Ishmael
2652th Post

"Re(1):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Tue 24 Oct 03:17post reply

quote:

see here.

Yes, I'm linking a normal site about a western-developed game, and I feel very dirty for it, so please don't call extra attention to it.

"I am such a player!"

Indeed.

Yes, I know this is a bald faced attempt at courting controversy by Rockstar. Still, there's something oddly impressive about the nerve and stupidity that went into putting something like this in a game that they knew was going to be overly scrutinized by the non-gaming segment of the US public.

KTallguy
876th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Tue 24 Oct 03:35post reply

This is a powder keg just waiting to explode. :)

The real question is, why is this a powder keg in the first place?

Play to win.

Maou
907th Post

"Re(2):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Tue 24 Oct 03:40:post reply

quote:

The real question is, why is this a powder keg in the first place?
Oh, I think you know...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 24 Oct 03:41]

Arngrim
213th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Tue 24 Oct 05:21post reply

Well that's striking.

Really, I can not express how glad I am to be finally able to break the dogmatic imposition of the "heterosexual love story" cliché in game history.

This choice should have already been implemented WAY much time before. At first I thought that new and experimental games like Persona 3 would already have added that option, but sadly did not.

...and I'm not a yaoi fan-boy, what I'm claiming is my freedom to choose. Choose whoever I want the main character to be paired with. I mean, if I'm already aiming from the beginning for an homosexual couple, I would like the characters to really mirror what I am aiming for, not just the "best friends" excuse.

I really hope this to become a general tendency instead of a peak in a particular game.

quote:
"I'm hot. You're hot. Let's make out. MMMMMH!! MMMMHH!!!! MMMMMMMMH!!!"

...Ok, now that is rather silly, I admit.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Maou
907th Post

"Re(2):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Tue 24 Oct 05:48post reply

I agree, actually, though this being Rockstar I'm not exactly impressed at their doing it for any reason than the sensationalism. Sorta like Fear Effect 2, hahah.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Undead Fred
2742th Post

"Re(1):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Tue 24 Oct 14:55post reply

quote:

see here.

You can rap on the square button to make him moan Jack Thompson's name while they make out for uncomfortable lengths of time.

Tashoku Kisune
2225th Post

"Re(1):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Wed 25 Oct 08:34post reply

quote:

see here.

.... wow. That's... that's something else. And to think videogames only taught ME how to DRIVE!

Maese Spt
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):videogames can teach you useful things" , posted Thu 26 Oct 01:17post reply

So these are those so called next generation games..?

/Add random やらないか? joke here/

マツケン サンバ!!!!