Youtube getting rid of Japanese media - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2627 Views )

GekigangerV
1280th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Fri 20 Oct 23:39:post reply

Link Here

Although it is not a surprise since there are whole episodes of anime on there. I hope J-Rock and J-Pop files are safe for a while. Although I know a couple of SMAP songs I was listening to were deleted a couple of months ago.

Thank God this is still there

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Fri 20 Oct 23:39]

Replies:

Evenor
496th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 00:00post reply

quote:

NIGHT OF FIRE
I use to love that song back in my DDR days.

This really sucks. Hopefully they don't touch all the jrock videoss and just focus on all those japanese variety shows.

Also Pretty Guardian Sailormoon better not be deleted.

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

Pollyanna
2039th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 01:29post reply

Oh crap! Rock Fujiyama! *panics*

In other news, my recording session yesterday was powered by this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ew1q-qSMZ5A

And it doesn't matter SO much as I've seen people adamant about uploading a file no matter how many times people take it down.

Evenor
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 01:37post reply

quote:
Oh crap! Rock Fujiyama! *panics*

In other news, my recording session yesterday was powered by this:

And it doesn't matter SO much as I've seen people adamant about uploading a file no matter how many times people take it down.

I enjoyed Heavy Metal-san more then Fujiyama, but anything that promotes Rolly's antics is gold. I loved all the humming competitions.

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

exodus
3579th Post

"Re(3):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 02:41post reply

quote:

that's no child!

Spoon
1371th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 03:59post reply

My friends were all upset when all the God Hand cutscenes got removed from Youtube.

Then again, even a God of War glitch video got removed for copyright/content violation, so who knows what their criteria is.

Bata kun
2941th Post

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 04:16post reply

Even though I'm kind of upset because this is how I watch various things now these days (as I don't have a new computer), I knew this would happen sooner or later.

quote:

Heh. I'm more inclined towards the English one though.

Just a Person
815th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 08:53post reply

quote:
Link Here

Although it is not a surprise since there are whole episodes of anime on there. I hope J-Rock and J-Pop files are safe for a while. Although I know a couple of SMAP songs I was listening to were deleted a couple of months ago.

Yeah, I know. Most of Koda Kumi´s PVs had been removed from YouTube some time ago.
Fortunately, my favorite ones are at YouTube again! ^_^

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

drugeater
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 09:29post reply

Nooooooo! Now I have to search for a new supplier of batsu game highlights...

Undead Fred
2740th Post

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 15:31post reply

quote:
Link Here

I love how copyright law is treated these days. Just MENTION that you like the new X-Men movie or something and it'll get taken down on copyright infringement. Well, that's an exaggeration of course, but you know what I mean. Because if you post a clip of anything but a home video, then the terrorists have truly won.

So, is this a blanket "remove all Japanese content" rule? Will the KOF guys setting each other on fire at the beach get taken down too?

Undead Fred
2741th Post

"I was robbed by two men!" , posted Sat 21 Oct 15:40post reply

Actually, take anything you want!

Dr Baghead
3625th Post

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Sat 21 Oct 18:13post reply

pffff... Good! All I wanted was to see a clip, even a small one of Chairman Kaga in the Japanese version of "Jekyll and Hyde" but found nothing! all the search turned up was a bunch of a-holes singing "If Someone like you" or "This is the Moument"(when the money song of Jekyll and Hyde is "Confrontation"! Any asshat can sing the other songs but it takes a SHOWMAN to sing Confrontation and really sell it!)

basically what I'm getting at is if YouTube had said a few months ago "no more Japanese videos" I'd have saved like 15 minutes of my life.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

jiji
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Tue 24 Oct 00:30post reply

30,000 videos removed...while there's still over 80,000 clips of Naruto alone up there. The deletions have been going on for a while, but it's a drop in the bucket. I'm just glad none of the Simple 2000 videos I've put up have been taken down.

Undead Fred
2743th Post

"Re(3):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Tue 24 Oct 14:57post reply

quote:
30,000 videos removed...while there's still over 80,000 clips of Naruto alone up there. The deletions have been going on for a while, but it's a drop in the bucket. I'm just glad none of the Simple 2000 videos I've put up have been taken down.

God, I hope they don't wind up clearing out every show clip on the site... I really don't enjoy sifting through stupid home movies of people I don't know. Crazy unknown game shows and random stuff like that are a lot more fun.

Maou
909th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Wed 25 Oct 04:15post reply

Rgh, I wonder if this lame-ification of Youtube would have happened without the publicity of the Google merger...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Juan
4298th Post

"Re(5):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Wed 25 Oct 04:20post reply

ASDFASDFASDFASDF

ok

Maou
911th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Wed 25 Oct 04:28:post reply

quote:
ASDFASDFASDFASDF

I just realized that what I wrote above might be construed as me saying that Youtube wasn't necessarily lame already. ERROR
Although this is fantastic at the end

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 25 Oct 04:36]

Tashoku Kisune
2227th Post

"Re(1):Youtube getting rid of Japanese media" , posted Wed 25 Oct 08:48post reply

quote:
Link Here

That's not fair. >:/