SF Beta from SOTA - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1688 Views )

Ishmael
2641th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"SF Beta from SOTA" , posted Wed 11 Oct 21:18post reply

As reported by action-figure.com. It looks like Ryu and Ken will receive new heads and Akuma will prove how tough he is by getting naked.

Replies:

GekigangerV
1277th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):SF Beta from SOTA" , posted Fri 13 Oct 07:50post reply

quote:
As reported by action-figure.com. It looks like Ryu and Ken will receive new heads and Akuma will prove how tough he is by getting naked.

They look okay. The Ryu head looks much better than the one originally released. The Ken head could use some work though. I guess since they still need to make Sean they might as well use the body to get a new Ryu and Ken out there.

I would have prefered to see what the Zangief variants were though.

shin ramberk
298th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):SF Beta from SOTA" , posted Sat 14 Oct 05:39post reply

I have to admit, I like the new figures-- especially Ryu's new face. But this is... ugh. It looks to me like SOTA is not gonna finish this toyline. Damnit.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Dr Baghead
3621th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):SF Beta from SOTA" , posted Sat 14 Oct 06:15post reply

quote:
It looks to me like SOTA is not gonna finish this toyline. Damnit.

you're looking at it the wrong way.

Try this:
-SOTA needs to attracked non-hardcore fans to the SF line now that's web-only: Ryu, Ken, and Akuma appeal to causal SF fans. So rereleasing them will please non-hardcore fans and get them interested in the line.
-White Ryu and Red Ken are getting pretty rare to find. Re-releasing them will bring more fans ito the line since they can now actually own the main characters.
-Akuma is easy to get for now since he just came out, but that variant is NICE. It's like his MvC art and since the line is supposed to be compatable with Marvel Legends it seems logical.

So these 3 aren't in anyway hurting our chances of getting R.Mika or Yun and Yang, they're improving it... like howevery DC Heroes wave has either Batman or Superman and Every Marvel Legends wave has Wolverine/Iron Man/Ghost Rider or some combination their of giving people the fan favorites ensures the line doesn't die.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

crazymike
1252th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):SF Beta from SOTA" , posted Sun 15 Oct 08:31post reply

Yet more Street Fighter merchandise but not a new Street Fighter game.