Heroes - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1896 Views )

Gojira
2051th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Heroes" , posted Fri 29 Sep 09:19post reply

Anyone watch the first episode this week? I thought it was going to be terrible, but it turned out to be far less cheesy than I expected.

What really got me by surprise though was the Jojo inspirations. There's a character whose mirror reflection kills people, and the Japanese character Hiro has a ZA WARUDO power to bend space and time. Even his fake blog references Jojo as his favorite manga, which means this isn't just a coincidence.

So overall I'm finding it pretty interesting. About my only complaint is the wirework for the flying scene was TERRIBLE. It's like the effects budget ran out right before they had to film it.

Replies:

Burning Ranger
1451th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Heroes" , posted Fri 29 Sep 10:52post reply

quote:
Anyone watch the first episode this week? I thought it was going to be terrible, but it turned out to be far less cheesy than I expected.

What really got me by surprise though was the Jojo inspirations. There's a character whose mirror reflection kills people, and the Japanese character Hiro has a ZA WARUDO power to bend space and time. Even his fake blog references Jojo as his favorite manga, which means this isn't just a coincidence.

So overall I'm finding it pretty interesting. About my only complaint is the wirework for the flying scene was TERRIBLE. It's like the effects budget ran out right before they had to film it.

What can I say about it. I liked it. I want to see where the cheerleader's story is going to go. And I did like the twists at the end.

Thank god it's not about costumes, though.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Arngrim
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Heroes" , posted Fri 29 Sep 17:16:post reply

Isn't it this new series that just aired in NBC?

I haven't checked these yet... the premise just looks so so SO much like a combination of Lost (the promo posters are identical!!!!!!) + The 4400.

I hope the plot and the twists become intelligent and not just a copypasta.

If people here are hyped, though, I might watch it for curiosity.

Edit: After watching the first episode... well, it's better than I expected, at least, they're not pointing out to form a single group in a "justice league" fashion, which I would hate, but rather forming small groups and stand-alone characters. So far I like the woman with the killer döppelganger and the junkie artist who paints the future. And that indestructible cheerleader girl is pretty emo, in my opinion...

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

[this message was edited by Arngrim on Sat 30 Sep 23:03]

nobinobita
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Heroes" , posted Tue 3 Oct 08:08post reply

I can never get into these TV dramas. They feel like watching Anime or reading Manga, but without anything visually interesting to look at.

Gojira
2054th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Heroes" , posted Tue 3 Oct 10:37post reply

quote:
I can never get into these TV dramas. They feel like watching Anime or reading Manga, but without anything visually interesting to look at.

I don't really watch them either. The only stuff on TV I can watch is either comedy or something that doesn't take itself seriously. The only reason I started watching it was because I thought it'd be cheesy and good for a laugh. Well, it still could be, but so far it's interesting.