Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1858 Views )

HAYATO
652th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 06:55post reply

Well, this may sound strange to some of you but,at last, I decided to buy a PSTwo!! But now I need to convince my girlfriend of the great buy I made, so please suggest me titles of good, gal-oriented/ 2-P games you know...

Replies:

Pollyanna
2012th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 07:12post reply

That's haaaard. Whenever I have friends that don't play games (or rather, only play RPGs) over, we often don't know what to do. It's hard for me to say "this is what girls like" (you can't really generalize like that). I can only say "this is what non-gamer's like" or "this is what girly people like". So this is based on the foundation that your girlfriend is girly and doesn't play games. (I assume that's the case, or you wouldn't be asking this)

Of course, since I play mostly imports, I don't know how much use I am, but I think music games are a good idea. I've gotten non-gamers of both sexes to play DDR, Pop'n Music and Guitar Freaks. and have fun.

Simple games like PuyoPuyo work okay for a while, but when you play any game 2 player, it might be tough because you'll probably either be beating her a lot, going easy on her (which I find insulting) or she'll be the weak link in a cooperative game.

Perhaps the best idea is to get a Musou/Dynasty Warriors game and power up a character for her to use. Then when you go through with a new character (to unlock things) she can use the one you've already won with. That way, you're both on about equal ground. Those games seem to be popular with girls...

You might also want to consider a game that's easy to watch or be involved with if you're not playing. Survival horror games are as fun to watch as they are to play, and the second person can help keep track of where you are and such. It took 3 people for me to play Siren effectively.

There are a few good "Tales" games on PS2, but they're all import. If you like RPGs, I highly recommend Tales of the Abyss anyway, and you can play 2 player in the fights on that one. I think it comes out here in a month or so? I hope it isn't butchered.

Maou
894th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 07:14post reply

Katamari~~~~~

Wanda and the/Shadow of the Colossus may impress for its sheer art, too.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

war
216th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 08:27post reply

I second the nomination of either of the Katamari games (second is better for 2P) for the WTF factor and any puzzle games.

Female friends have enjoyed:
Tekken (Kuma)
Fatal Frame
Katamari (Again)
That guitar game with the funky art style (it recently got reprinted... total blank on the name)
Devil May Cry 3, as a watchable game. For some reason people who laugh at the opening cinematic stick around. And give you shit about trying fire based attacks on the first boss.

Katamari is a sure bet though in case my own mentioning of it 3 times wasn't enough of a recomendation.

Also 3 people + Siren = NO. Playing alone in your parent's summer house on a crappy TV that can't display blue (so everything is a shade of green), late at night, with no human beings in a 5 mile radius, with the lights off, and a skittish cat in the next room= grey hairs. Mostly due to lost saved data.

Maou
895th Post

"Re(4):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 08:45post reply

Also, Guitar Hero and its guitar controller are rockin' good fun, speaking of music games that appeal to the common (wo)man.

Pollyanna
2013th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 09:39post reply

quote:

Also 3 people + Siren = NO. Playing alone in your parent's summer house on a crappy TV that can't display blue (so everything is a shade of green), late at night, with no human beings in a 5 mile radius, with the lights off, and a skittish cat in the next room= grey hairs. Mostly due to lost saved data.

Well, I'm glad you're a real man and all, but I can't handle Siren alone...my sense of direction is too awful and there's too much to keep up with. It's like, if you go out on a football field, but you can't move anywhere before getting sacked, you're not really -playing- football, you're just...sucking. That's like me and Siren.

I had fun playing Silent Hill 2 in a garage apartment during a terrible storm, though...despite the electricity constantly shutting off.

war
218th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 10:02post reply

quote:

Well, I'm glad you're a real man and all, but I can't handle Siren alone...my sense of direction is too awful and there's too much to keep up with. It's like, if you go out on a football field, but you can't move anywhere before getting sacked, you're not really -playing- football, you're just...sucking. That's like me and Siren.

I had fun playing Silent Hill 2 in a garage apartment during a terrible storm, though...despite the electricity constantly shutting off.

I don't think it's a question of maniless, more masochism.

More on topic, my roomate recomends the Grand Theft Auto series.

Maou
896th Post

"Re(6):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 10:08post reply

Did Ookami ever come out in English? That also strikes me as a good bet, now. Basically any of the surprising number of "artsy" games on PS2 might be helpful, from the aforementioned Colossus and Katamari to Ookami and maybe Viewtiful Joe.

war
219th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 10:25post reply

quote:
Did Ookami ever come out in English? That also strikes me as a good bet, now. Basically any of the surprising number of "artsy" games on PS2 might be helpful, from the aforementioned Colossus and Katamari to Ookami and maybe Viewtiful Joe.

Okami came out in the US last week. I'm not sure if I'd recomend it to a non-gamer. Intro's too long......haha, otherwise, yeah, definitely.

Evenor
482th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 11:10post reply

quote:

Siren is the only game that has affected me in the real world. The anxitey it brought on me was amazing! I hated/loved the missions with Harumi Yomoda.

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

Spoon
1361th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 11:15post reply

Around here, we are fortunate to have arcades that carry up-to-date versions of the Taiko drum games. The PS2 drum controller is not bad, though its insensitive regions knock away some of the fun. Still, it's a LOT less complicated than Drummania, and I have yet to meet a person who wasn't taken with it and its minigames.

I've found that there is an important thing to quickly figure out with "non-gamer" people: whether or not they like senseless action and/or violence. Because if they do, there are tons of fairly light action games that they can enjoy. If not, you really have to haul out all the puzzle/board/music games. Senseless action people can have a good laugh at the spectacle of Earth Defense Force 2, and/or the desperate futility of trying to survive some of its levels.

Games where it's fun to have people yelling out what to do and have fun watching the results.

Or get Taito Classics Collection and play Puli Rula.... yeah that doesn't really show off much shiny technology.

HAYATO
653th Post

"Re(9):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 18:43post reply

Well, due to the great response my request had, I decided to give all of you a further explanation...

She doesn't like my hobbies at all (manga, asian literature, videogames...) but once in a while she consents into playing some 2-p arcade games wih/against me. I know she likes puzzle games, as we spent a couple of summers playing "Puzzle Fighter 2X" (back in the Saturn era...),and she even tried some beat'em ups (Die Hard Arcade, Asterix Arcade...)and vs games (Darkstalkers, Marvel Superheroes...). The issue is as follows : she doen't wnat to spend more than a single hour playing videogames, so please give me some titles that allow us to maximize the fun factor in such a short time... I there anything like "Bishi Bashi Special" available for PS2 (well, besides the Eye-Toy series)...?

Maese Spt
307th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games for PS2" , posted Mon 25 Sep 19:23post reply

Ico is a rather romantic game per se, and the PAL version has a two player cooperative mode pretty amusing to play with a female counterpart (you play as Ico and she as Yorda; you know, saving her from dangers, holding hands and such stuff). You can't go wrong with that...

... But knowing you as much as I do, I would recommend playing Godhand: plenty of manly dudes to behold, straightforward gameplay, mindless action and tons of crazy fun even in a short time. If she doesn't LOVE it, she doesn't deserve you!

マツケン サンバ!!!!

IkariDC
574th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games f" , posted Mon 25 Sep 20:24:post reply

quote:
Ico is a rather romantic game per se, and the PAL version has a two player cooperative mode pretty amusing to play with a female counterpart (you play as Ico and she as Yorda; you know, saving her from dangers, holding hands and such stuff). You can't go wrong with that...

... But knowing you as much as I do, I would recommend playing Godhand: plenty of manly dudes to behold, straightforward gameplay, mindless action and tons of crazy fun even in a short time. If she doesn't LOVE it, she doesn't deserve you!

Remember that if any of these fail, you can always try Rez with the Trance Vibrator!

Now seriously, ICO and SOTC should get her attention. It's a shame there's no Bishi Bashi on PS2, and I can't think of any similar games...

I don't know, try to introduce her to DDR (although you might regret that).

Edit: I would also try Mad Maestro and Gitaroo Man.

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

[this message was edited by IkariDC on Mon 25 Sep 20:31]

HAYATO
654th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games f" , posted Mon 25 Sep 23:50post reply

quote:

Remember that if any of these fail, you can always try Rez with the Trance Vibrator!

LOL, she doesn't need any of those dildos with my powerful meat thrust around (), but I'll try it out anyway...

war
224th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games f" , posted Tue 26 Sep 02:16post reply

quote:

Edit: I would also try Mad Maestro and Gitaroo Man.

Gitaroo Man!

That's the game I was thinking of!

Definitely try that!

I need to buy a copy too.

Arngrim
188th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Girl-oriented and/ or 2P games f" , posted Tue 26 Sep 03:11post reply

quote:

LOL, she doesn't need any of those dildos with my powerful meat thrust around (), but I'll try it out anyway...

That sounded like George Zimmer... O__O

Well... taking into account that she doesn't like to stick too much time with the PS2, I think you should try with nice racing games and fighters.

Games like Colin McRae 3 and Gran Turismo 3 and others like Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 3.

For a nice eyecatch, games with interesting gameplay and plot premises like Shadow of the Colossus and Fahrenheit could work (they're like watching a movie).

Ookami and Dirge of Cerberus are nice too, (even though they are not on Spain yet... but you know...)

Puzzle games are a nice and clever option too, for the "pique" factor (you know what I mean), although they may look rather simplistic.

Also... playing ICO with you're girlfriend seems to me like one of the most romantic things ever to do with your partner (Oh!... Maese Spt, you just stole my heart... )

Supporting the Rez+vibrator idea too for unlocking a hidden ero-event. 100% HCG Get!

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Korigama
115th Post

Regular Customer

"Not that I would know, but..." , posted Tue 26 Sep 03:26post reply

How about Sky Gunner? It's a relatively cute game, so maybe that. Uh, what else...ZOE2, RE4 (not guaranteeing that one), SFA Anthology (if not A2 or A3, she might like Super Gem Fighter), KoF '00?

Can't think of much else outside of RPGs or other games that have already been mentioned.

HAYATO
655th Post

"Re(1):Not that I would know, but..." , posted Tue 26 Sep 05:15post reply

Well, thanks to everyone!! Now I think I have some games to begin with. I know that, in the end it doesn't matter : I'll end playing alone with my PS2...