Things to do in NY - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1854 Views )

Tai-Pan
154th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Things to do in NY" , posted Mon 25 Sep 04:14post reply

Well, now Im a legal US immigrant, so next week Im leaving my place in Argentina and moving to New York. Any nerdy things to do over there?
I read some article at insertcredit some time ago about the almost non existant video game life in ny, so yeah, im not very hyped; any recommendations?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Replies:

war
217th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Things to do in NY" , posted Mon 25 Sep 08:36post reply

Do you mean arcade culture and such?

I don't know much about it anymore but I'm pretty sure there's still stuff happening in Chinatown... but for the most part it's dead. Tekken 3 was new the last time I frequented em. Most places I know of have closed up. Still plenty of fishing and deer hunting machines in bars thou haha

Bata kun
2931th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"New York City? Hmmm." , posted Mon 25 Sep 13:24post reply

Outside of Chinatown, there's not much else. I remember an old school store, but I forgot about the information. I heard about VGB 2 (Video Game Buddy 2), but it's being moved to another spot; so it's closed for the time being.

Oh! There is a Kinokuniya store. Of course you're going to find "Arcadia" magazines and what have you.

Wish I could tell more, but I haven't been to New York City in like forever.

Tai-Pan
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):New York City? Hmmm." , posted Mon 25 Sep 18:00post reply

quote:
Outside of Chinatown, there's not much else. I remember an old school store, but I forgot about the information. I heard about VGB 2 (Video Game Buddy 2), but it's being moved to another spot; so it's closed for the time being.

Oh! There is a Kinokuniya store. Of course you're going to find "Arcadia" magazines and what have you.

Wish I could tell more, but I haven't been to New York City in like forever.

So its a boring state for people with nerdy tastes?
I hope I do better in Florida

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Digitalboy
351th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):New York City? Hmmm." , posted Mon 25 Sep 19:28post reply

What part of Florida? I am in Florida right now. I just moved here not too long ago (since July). So far I am not too impressed. The only reason I am still sane is because of the Hooter's chain restaurant.

quote:
So its a boring state for people with nerdy tastes?
I hope I do better in Florida

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Tai-Pan
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):New York City? Hmmm." , posted Mon 25 Sep 20:09post reply

quote:
What part of Florida? I am in Florida right now. I just moved here not too long ago (since July). So far I am not too impressed. The only reason I am still sane is because of the Hooter's chain restaurant.

So...nobody from NY, NY=boring?!
What do you mean with not impressed?, And pleeeease tell me which would be the reason to lose your sanity in Florida. Stop scaring me people!!

war
222th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):New York City? Hmmm." , posted Tue 26 Sep 01:59post reply

quote:
So...nobody from NY, NY=boring?!
What do you mean with not impressed?, And pleeeease tell me which would be the reason to lose your sanity in Florida. Stop scaring me people!!

Nah, I've lived in NYC for a long time, and yes, it is boring :P

For games, that is. Someone please enlighten me though! Everything else is great, I think.

Digitalboy
352th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):New York City? Hmmm." , posted Tue 26 Sep 20:38post reply

Not able to make friends outside of work is driving me nuts. I hate hanging out with co-workers. I am not trying to scare you.

What are your interest outside the internet?

quote:

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

exodus
3537th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Things to do in NY" , posted Thu 28 Sep 02:36post reply

quote:
Well, now Im a legal US immigrant, so next week Im leaving my place in Argentina and moving to New York. Any nerdy things to do over there?

sex with a transsexual prostitute!

Arngrim
189th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Things to do in NY" , posted Thu 28 Sep 16:22post reply

quote:

Any nerdy things to do over there?

sex with a transsexual prostitute!

...I'm pretty sure that this is not difficult at all anywhere... (at least, here in Spain, you just have to open whatever newspaper, look for the ads and then Select Your Character)

...since I've just discovered that this is a nerdy thing, I should try it!

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Minuteman
267th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Things to do in NY" , posted Fri 29 Sep 12:53post reply

Just get directions to:

6 Mott. St.
New york city

(hope I have that correct...)

and if you're hungry, go to 21 Mott. St., NYC (bring cash, that is all they accept)

both are in Chinatown.

8th Ave. has lots of great DVD stores (usually they all break street dates too.) Oh and White Castle is on 8th ave. too. =)