Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by stingray - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2148 Views )

trogdor
64th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by stingray" , posted Mon 4 Sep 23:50post reply

Sucks... he was always fun to watch on tv, and seemed really cool w/ the animals (although the animals didn't like him much).

Replies:

Undead Fred
2728th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 01:35post reply

quote:
Sucks... he was always fun to watch on tv, and seemed really cool w/ the animals (although the animals didn't like him much).

Yeah, he got stung directly through the heart by a stingray. I thought that sucked, but at the same time I wasn't too surprised... seems to me that he was on the verge of getting killed by wild animals for a long time...

Gojira
2042th Post

"Re(2):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 04:57post reply

Stung in the heart?! What the hell was he doing with that stingray, wearing it as a vest?

Pollyanna
1975th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 05:12post reply

quote:
Stung in the heart?! What the hell was he doing with that stingray, wearing it as a vest?

It was a super freak accident. The stingray didn't even attack him, really. I mean...stingrays are pretty docile.

But now you've given me an idea...

exodus
3513th Post

"Re(4):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 11:17post reply

Of course, by now the subject header says killed by Sting. That's what happens when cops go bad!

...right?

Evenor
465th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 11:22post reply

Even though I think the way he died was ultramaxx HXC, I feel bad for his wife and kids.

AT LEAST HE DIED WHILE DOING WHAT HE LOVED.

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

Juan
4278th Post

"Re(6):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 12:20post reply

quote:
AT LEAST HE DIED WHILE DOING WHAT HE LOVED.

But did he say "crikey!" after he got pierced?

ok

Evenor
466th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 12:27post reply

quote:

That brings up the question: What will be done with the stingray footage?!

( Steve died while filming right ?)

Grizzly man : Good movie.

ティッシュに包んだ純情
悪 趣 味 な行為を
羊が百匹 羊が百一匹 眠れない

Juan
4280th Post

"Re(8):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 12:37:post reply

They will probably make a documentary on his life. I'd see it, he seemed like a cool guy. Main difference from Grizzly Man would be that

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
doesn't drag his girlfriend to be partially digested by a bear.

End of Spoiler

quote:

That brings up the question: What will be done with the stingray footage?!

( Steve died while filming right ?)

Grizzly man : Good movie.

ok

[this message was edited by Juan on Tue 5 Sep 12:39]

Undead Fred
2729th Post

"Re(5):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 16:02post reply

quote:
Of course, by now the subject header says killed by Sting. That's what happens when cops go bad!

...right?

It said "don't stand so close to me!" lololololololololololololololol

Yeah, it sucks... he didn't die because of poisons or anything- he was stung directly in the heart. So he died from the puncture wound.

Tai-Pan
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Tue 5 Sep 23:59post reply

quote:

...right?
It said "don't stand so close to me!" lololololololololololololololol

Yeah, it sucks... he didn't die because of poisons or anything- he was stung directly in the heart. So he died from the puncture wound.

So...romantic?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Toxico
4257th Post

"Re(7):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Wed 6 Sep 00:46:post reply

quote:

So...romantic?

Actually I found it more direct and aggressive relationship, not an "old fashion romance" at all

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 6 Sep 00:48]

nobinobita
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Wed 6 Sep 01:28post reply

quote:

So...romantic?

I think that if the puncture wound wasn't enough to kill him, the direct discharge of poison to the heart would have done him in.

That stingray did a fatal KO on him.

All laughs aside, this is pretty tragic. I always liked the guy. He seemed so ... genuine.

Ishmael
2607th Post

"Re(8):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Wed 6 Sep 03:09post reply

That's too bad, since he seemed like such a likeable lunatic. The news of Mr. Irwin's passing has also reminded me that the odds are against me dying in such an unusual and memorable manner. What most likely will happen is that I'll simply keel over one day instead of getting killed while trying to capture a hammerhead shark or something. I find that knowledge oddly disheartening.

Dr Baghead
3615th Post

"Re(6):Croc Hunter Steve Irwin killed by sting" , posted Thu 7 Sep 16:18post reply

quote:
So he died from the puncture wound.

You may say he died from the puncture wound, but I say he died of a broken heart.

but not being a douchebag for once: I feel bad for his kids having to grow up without a father. That's so sad. Especially for his son who although he'll be able to see what his father was like from countless hours of video will never have any real memories of him as a person.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's