More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2776 Views )

nobinobita
48th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Fri 1 Sep 04:47post reply

The other thread was getting a bit long (and dead) so I thought I'd post this here.

Here is a clean shot of the movie version of Optimus Prime:

picture here

Personally, I think it looks great. I really like how the plate armor looks laid over the busy internal bits. I'm feeling alot more optimistic about the movie after seeing this (especially after seeing the mess that is Megatron).

Replies:

sushi_bunny
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Fri 1 Sep 06:25post reply

I didn't think it was dead really, although you're entitled to your own opinion. The opinion seems judgemental. I'm sorry to see your needs weren't being met.

The thread hadn't been updated since there hasn't been any new news brought to our attention from the media.

Someone placed a concept sketch similar to this previously.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/Optimus.jpg

Thanks for the update, and it would be great to coordinate your input with the previous entries.

Sushi

ONSLAUGHT
3610th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Fri 1 Sep 06:34post reply

quote:
I didn't think it was dead really, although you're entitled to your own opinion. The opinion seems judgemental. I'm sorry to see your needs weren't being met.

Ssssssssssushingada!

Juan
4274th Post

"Re(4):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Fri 1 Sep 09:57post reply

SUSHINSHINSHINSHINSHINGADA

quote:

Sushi

ok

Bootation
535th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Fri 1 Sep 13:43post reply

quote:
SUSHINSHINSHINSHINSHINGADA

Sushi

THE HORROR
THE HORROR.......

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

sushi_bunny
420th Post

Gold Customer

"sushingada wont be used again I promise that" , posted Fri 1 Sep 16:30:post reply

Welp, you're never gonna use it again when I change my handle name. You guys can just go to hell and break your backs sucking your own cocks.

BTW, Bootation, you look fucking ugly, you should never post your picture online.

sushi

[this message was edited by sushi_bunny on Fri 1 Sep 16:35]

sabo10
1360th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):sushingada wont be used again I promise" , posted Fri 1 Sep 17:34post reply

quote:
...and break your backs sucking your own cocks.

I think Sush is MMCafe's Most Valuable Poster.

exodus
3507th Post

"Re(2):sushingada wont be used again I promise" , posted Sat 2 Sep 02:29post reply

awww.

Juan
4276th Post

"Re(3):sushingada wont be used again I promise" , posted Sat 2 Sep 03:48:post reply

hexodusushingada

quote:
awww.

ok

[this message was edited by Juan on Sat 2 Sep 03:49]

bootation
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):sushingada wont be used again I promise" , posted Sat 2 Sep 05:06post reply

quote:
hexodusushingada

awww.

Dude thats pretty harsh sushi. i was talking about the horrible design of the optimus prime thing. I dont know why you want to personally attack me like that.

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

exodus
3510th Post

"Re(4):sushingada wont be used again I promise" , posted Sat 2 Sep 05:43post reply

quote:
hexodusushingada

oh snap!

Juan
4276th Post

"Re(5):sushingada wont be used again I promise" , posted Sat 2 Sep 09:54post reply

WUT I DONT LIKE ~I DONT LIKE HATAZ~I DONT LIKE PEOPLE WHO HATE ON OTHA PEOPLE FOR NO REASON~I HATE PEOPLE WHO TALK SH!T BEHIND PEOPLE BACK
WUT YO A55 DONT NEED TO DO ~TALK SHYT~SEND ME DEM BULLSHYT A55 NOTE5~cKRABZ DONT BOTHA SENDIN ME NOTES KAUSE U GON GET DAT KUSS OUT TREATMENT~DONT DIS MY SHYT

quote:
hexodusushingada
oh snap!

ok

Dr Baghead
3614th Post

"Re(4):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Sat 2 Sep 15:14post reply

quote:
Ssssssssssushingada!

So pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does Sushingada mean? And why exactly does it promote Sushi_Bunny to swear uncontrolable when he hears it?

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

HARO
44th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Mon 4 Sep 02:33post reply

So, um... yeah, Optimus looks cool.

makondo99
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"Y Tu Mama Tambien!" , posted Mon 4 Sep 20:25post reply

quote:
Ssssssssssushingada!
So pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does Sushingada mean? And why exactly does it promote Sushi_Bunny to swear uncontrolable when he hears it?

I might be wrong, but it sounds quite similar to a Mexican swear word. Something like Motherf*****!

HAYATO
640th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Y Tu Mama Tambien!" , posted Mon 4 Sep 22:38post reply

Priceless... SHOW MUST GO ON!!!

Rid
7091th Post

"Re(5):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Mon 4 Sep 23:02post reply

quote:
When he was in the army he was brainwashed to be a perfect killer, but ignore it until the activation word was phoned to him. Reading it doesn't seems to work so well, but we can get a glimpse of his killer skills in action.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
And Optimus' "redesign" is bad, but doesn't hurts like that horrible mess of parts named Megatron, that doesn't even transforms in anything with a shape.

End of Spoiler

news - art

nobinobita
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Wed 6 Sep 01:38post reply

quote:
The opinion seems judgemental. I'm sorry to see your needs weren't being met.

Doh! I didn't mean to offend or judge. Perhaps I was just taking note of how I tend to post on the tail end of messages which sputter out after I give my input.

I'm sorta like a death knell for any messages I post on. Like John Lovitz joining the cast of a TV show, when I show up, you know the end is near!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
hey... anyone out there?

End of Spoiler

GekigangerV
1273th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Jazz" , posted Tue 26 Sep 06:45post reply

Robot

Car

One of the more interesting looking designs.

shin ramberk
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):More Transformers Pics: OPTIMUS!!" , posted Tue 26 Sep 09:52post reply

I think I figured out why the designs look the way they look. It seems to me that for the movie, they were aiming at creating a distinctive look and along with that, a heavy departure from the general "TF look."

Every Transformers line has to distinguish itself from the previous one. This is typically done with a gimmick with the toy itself. The movie was not going to center itself around a toy gimmick to distinguish itself unless the producers did not want the movie to be taken seriously. The producers seem to want the movie to be taken semi-seriously. They at least want to remove it from its original campiness and morph it into a respectable action movie.

So they need to make the designs unique and different from what's come before because what's come before was not very "serious". And here is the crux of the problem or solution (depending on your point of view to the designs). If 'traditional" TF designs had been used for the film, the movie would have looked very cartoony.

Its the truth. All TF designs are very cartoony. Even the awesome Binaltech/Alternator designs. These radical alien/monster designs are just plain more "serious" because they've never been used before in a TF medium.

So my point is... in a way, it is good they went through "non-traditional" designs because it really does take away from the suspension of disbelief you hold when you watch the movie. We all know its fiction, but in a way, seeing the alien designs (designs that have never been used or have been associated with a campy cartoon) makes the movie a little bit more credible. For a second you are more likely to think, "yeah, this s--t could happen." and "yeah, that would be f**king scary as hell but cool as hell to happen."

We'll see if the designs really do work once the movie is finished. The only concern I have at the moment is whether working toys can be made from these designs. There is nothing worse then watching a movie or television program about a toyline and then getting toys that don't reflect the onscreen entertainment. What's the point for it then!

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

nobinobita
53th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Jazz" , posted Tue 26 Sep 14:51post reply

quote:
Robot

Car

One of the more interesting looking designs.

Oof.

I really don't like those pictures. You sure they aren't fakes?

They just seem below par for movie art. They look to be at the level of an average Marvel comic.

I think this is a good example of a design that alot of people might find realistic, but I find generic (sorry for the haughty tone).

There's no real style to that robot. There's no coherent design sense communicated by it. The forms that make it up recall neither organic forms or existing industrial design precepts. It just looks like someone made it up from their head without researching anything relevent.

It's not new or innovative or original, its just ... uninspired and uninformed.

For that reason I don't buy alot of the new designs as being more realistic than the old ones . The old designs had a coherent esthetic, and when they were well executed they looked like they could exist in their world.

Also, the perspective in that drawing isn't very good.

Also, the Patlabor-ish head doesn't match the sharp, pointy, curved body.

If it were just a generic design in a comic, or even a videogame (which is what it looks like), i wouldn't mind. But it's a design for a high budget movie. Concept work for movies is pretty much the highest you can go as a fantasy oriented conceptual illustrator. Someone got paid alot to do that. Someone who is considered the top in their field, which should make them world class.

That design is not world class.

Personally, I like the G1 designs, and think they look real enough in an Asimo kinda way. But since they're inextricably tied to the cartoon (and the look of cartoon robots in general), I can see why they'd want to depart from that.

I just wish that they'd produce some better art.

Sorry to go on like this, it's just, as an artist myself, I hate to see work like this get the greenlight.

Oh, and one more thing. The person who produced those images may be real talented theirselves. It's very possible that the designs were just reworked to the point of stupidity by whatever commity greenlighted them.