Japanese visual novels translations releases - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1520 Views )

Arngrim
171th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Japanese visual novels translations releases" , posted Sun 20 Aug 18:07post reply

Well, I don't really know how much you are into visual novels but here is an interesting event I would like to point out:

The Al|together 2006 (an event for fan-dedicated translators of japanese visual novels) has come to a closure and with it, 5 very different translations have been released:

Adagio: A young composer passes by an auditorium and chances upon a dancing performance that changes his very life ...

At Summer's End: At summer's end, we change our grades; the season changes into autumn; the leaves change color; but what of our friendships and our loves?

Instant Death! Panda Samurai: Once upon a time, there lived a panda samurai, brave and true. The rest, dear reader, is up to you!

OMGWTFOTL(yes, kinda weird name): GENUFLECT OR DIE! Now, finally, the lunatic novel game which received enthusiastic applause from ... an incredibly small number of rabid Japanese fans ... comes to invade the English-speaking world! This piece will have you going OMG, WTF, and OTL all at once -- and as such it is entirely not appropriate for those under the age of 18 or those with delicate sensibilities. Consider: at different times, it features things like tentacle beast rape, kamikaze suicide attacks, and clubbing baby bears to death with crowbars. Proceed with utmost caution.

Visions from the other side: Here a dream, there a dream, and the shades of an otherworld that spreads beyond the gate of death. Where will you go? Where will your disembodied feet lead you? ... may the road come up to meet you and may you never tread on cantankerous fish.

If you happen to like it, take a look around Insani site for some really awesome visual novels. Don't let the "quality" of the art let you pass away from little jewels like Narcissu and Until we meet again!

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Replies: