Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1897 Views )

crazymike
1244th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Mon 14 Aug 16:11post reply

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=2006081195220737049§ionId=1006

Curious how this will affect Japanese interest in the system considering one of the primary complaints about Xbox was it was "too large".

Replies:

Iggy
7853th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Mon 14 Aug 16:27post reply

quote:
Curious how this will affect Japanese interest in the system considering one of the primary complaints about Xbox was it was "too large".

The primary complain about both Xbox was actually "there are no interesting games".

Maou
874th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Mon 14 Aug 17:14post reply

quote:
The primary complain about both Xbox was actually "there are no interesting games".

Hahah, though the gargantuan first-generation American XBox controls are still really really funny.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
2587th Post

"Re(3):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Tue 15 Aug 00:26post reply

Wow, that's ugly. I don't expect -or even want- much in the way of a design aesthetic from my game consoles. As long as it plays games and doesn't over-heat it's fine with me. But from the pointlessly off-center chunks on the bottom to the unsightly hump up top the PS3 appears to be designed to look like anything other than the rectangle box it is. Even though I continue to wait for the day that electronics will stop being decorated with wavy hunks of plastic and go back to inlaid fake wood grain I don't think that's going to happen with this upcoming generation of consoles.

Freeter
4343th Post

"Re(1):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Tue 15 Aug 12:45post reply

Shamu can stay on the shelves. I'll wait for the cheaper slim version.

Bata kun
2924th Post

"Re(2):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Tue 15 Aug 15:21post reply

quote:
Shamu can stay on the shelves. I'll wait for the cheaper slim version.

Yeah, what? Were they making this console for Godzilla?

Gojira
2035th Post

"Re(3):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Tue 15 Aug 15:44post reply

It would make a cool backpack. I bet if you popped open the lid you could fit a lot of candy in there.

gorgeous
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Tue 15 Aug 16:05post reply

god didn't everybody know this like at e3 time

fortunately, in japan, you can get appliances over 5kg delivered, so no one's going to have a problem

Ammadeau
1522th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Tue 15 Aug 18:58post reply

quote:

All the demos were running off rack systems. If there was any PS3 mock up to see up close, I didn't notice it. I was too busy trying to see through the terrible, terrible LCDs being used. More ghosting than Scooby Doo on an acid trip.

I think the PS3 is as ugly as the Xbox was, including ugly menus compared to the charm of the 360, which I'm quite pleased to own even if I have like 2 games for it, neither of which I actually want to play again.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

gorgeous
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Playstation 3 bigger than Xbox 360..." , posted Tue 15 Aug 19:00post reply

quote:
All the demos were running off rack systems. If there was any PS3 mock up to see up close, I didn't notice it. I was too busy trying to see through the terrible, terrible LCDs being used. More ghosting than Scooby Doo on an acid trip.

I think the PS3 is as ugly as the Xbox was, including ugly menus compared to the charm of the 360, which I'm quite pleased to own even if I have like 2 games for it, neither of which I actually want to play again.

well i think the 360 is kind of ugly so there

(i own one anyway)

at least the PS3's D-pad doesn't keep shifting me to the right or left when i'm trying to press down

also, i like the menus
they're very fast and slick