I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4515 Views )

Iggy
7816th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Wed 19 Jul 00:53post reply

Nikkei.net is wrong : ■E is not working on a sequel to FFXI.
The new MMORPG they are working upon will be a new game, and the machine (PS3/360/Vista) is not yet confirmed.

Speaking of MMORPG, WHAT !?
I thought Shin Megami Tensei Imagine was awful, but apparently Cave Online Entertainment making a sequel for Atlus, cleverly (?) called Megami Tensei Imagine.
Whatever.

Cracks on the DS lites.

Finally, in Russia, 2ch posts you.
Or something.

Replies:

GekigangerV
1254th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Wed 19 Jul 05:23post reply

In other Randomness, Mario 3 on 3 Hoops will have Final Fantasy characters

Link Here

I wonder if Geno or Mallow will make an appearance.

NARUTO
3463th Post

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Wed 19 Jul 21:20post reply

quote:

I wonder if Geno or Mallow will make an appearance.

That would be fun, and a nice cameo...^^

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
7817th Post

"Re(1):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 00:08post reply

Movie of Phantom Blood

The Wii's virtual console might be used to create new games.

Oneechambara X The Devil Evolution Human on 360. Note that the "THE" prefix has disappeared. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was not at a bujet price.

In other news, only 25% of my body remains made of water.

Ishmael
2559th Post

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 00:38post reply

quote:
Oneechambara X The Devil Evolution Human on 360. Note that the "THE" prefix has disappeared. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was not at a bujet price.

When looking back on Oneechambara's humble beginnings who would have thought that the game would become a multi-platform series? If the series can keep this forward momentum going it might even become grist for a crummy Uwe Boll movie.

Arngrim
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 02:36post reply

Nostalgia strikes again:

New Zealand Story Revolution for Nintendo DS.

aaah... how much I liked this title on NES...

I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth you refuse to believe in it.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Maese Spt
282th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 04:49post reply

quote:
Nostalgia strikes again:

New Zealand Story Revolution for Nintendo DS.

aaah... how much I liked this title on NES...

ZOMG!!! Yet ANOTHER reason to get a DS!! They have better to mantain intact the main theme of the original one, though. It was the most hear-catching game song ever.

Argh, the siegue is becoming way too narrow... damn you, Nintendo! At this rate, you're finally going to make me buy a f****ng portable, after decades of bitter resistance.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Spoon
1338th Post

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 05:29post reply

quote:

I will buy whatever console the next EDF game is on if they make it with a budget that warrants a non-budget-game price.

It'd be hilarious if Oneechanbara X became a system-selling app in Japan. Imagine if that lead to Microsoft buying out D3P! I'm not sure if that would be hilarious or tragic.

exodus
3460th Post

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 05:30post reply

quote:
I will buy whatever console the next EDF game is on if they make it with a budget that warrants a non-budget-game price.

woop

Spoon
1340th Post

"Re(5):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 05:37:post reply

quote:

woop

[this message was edited by Spoon on Thu 20 Jul 05:38]

Iggy
7818th Post

"Re(1):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 06:14post reply

A Frederic Chopin RPG ?

http://namco-ch.net/trusty_bell/index.php
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_xbox02&page=2&num=9717&main=xbox&find=&ftext=

The 360 slowly becomes interesting.

Pollyanna
1910th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 06:19post reply

quote:
A Frederic Chopin RPG ?

http://namco-ch.net/trusty_bell/index.php
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_xbox02&page=2&num=9717&main=xbox&find=&ftext=

The 360 slowly becomes interesting.

Yeah, Tri-Ace, too...so...who knows.

I'm enjoying Valkyrie Profile 2, though. Well, I'm enjoying the GAMEPLAY. The renders are little funny, the voice acting is too "anime" sounding and the plot is a bit slow. The battles (and music!) are amazing, though. Decidedly better than the first.

exodus
3461th Post

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 06:45post reply

quote:
A Frederic Chopin RPG ?

yeah, based on the 'final dream before he died'. interesting idea, to be sure.

Gojira
2019th Post

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 06:54post reply

quote:

Where'd you get that from?

kofoguz
443th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 07:25:post reply

When I see any-randommed-title I hope to see some-shocking-but-hinted-before Snk news.

Yeah, I am kinda SNK whore.

EDIT: Should contribute to the thread.
Metal Slug 6 Ps2 cover and some screenshots.
I didnt play the arcade one but it seems one f mars people joins to good guys. I wont be surprised if we see playable Mars people in the sequel of 2d Metal Slug.

Looks like more mobile phone games
Snk must be milking money with those.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 20 Jul 08:11]

Pollyanna
1912th Post

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 08:19post reply

quote:

Where'd you get that from?

http://www.tri-crescendo.co.jp/product/index.html

Gojira
2020th Post

"Re(5):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 08:50post reply

quote:

http://www.tri-crescendo.co.jp/product/index.html

Oh, didn't know their name changed.

Ishmael
2562th Post

"Re(6):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 09:47post reply

A game that uses Chopin as it's starting point? Okay, that's new. Then again, the gameplay looks to involve a lot of running around maps and battles where you use things as pedestrian as swords and hammers. I hope the musical theme is used as more than simple window dressing.

makondo99
339th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 10:32post reply

quote:

I'm enjoying Valkyrie Profile 2, though. Well, I'm enjoying the GAMEPLAY. The renders are little funny, the voice acting is too "anime" sounding and the plot is a bit slow. The battles (and music!) are amazing, though. Decidedly better than the first.

Care to elaborate a bit more / make a review about it? I've been waiting for years to play a Valkyrie Profile game (I missed my opportunity when the first was released) so any details would be appreciated

Pollyanna
1916th Post

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 14:04post reply

quote:

Care to elaborate a bit more / make a review about it? I've been waiting for years to play a Valkyrie Profile game (I missed my opportunity when the first was released) so any details would be appreciated

It's very hard to talk about VP2 without talking about the first game, because it's a direct sequel/prequel. So, when I talk about it, I want to talk about what it's like in reference to the first game...but since you haven't played it, none of those comparisons are relevant. I'll just explain what it's like in terms of good and bad.
(keep in mind that I'm only part way through the game, and these opinions could change later)

***Good***
Detailed models and beautiful backgrounds. The backgrounds in the FMV are probably the best I've ever seen, even if I the characters don't look as good. I'm not crazy about the faces, but the character's costumes are well designed and look great.

The music and locations create a strong, haunting environment. The soundtrack is tremendously good and very atmospheric.

The battle system is one of the most fun, if not THE most fun I've seen. It expands on the original system in a lot of good ways. Each character is controlled by a button and has a certain number of attacks, based on what weapon they have. Each attack takes AP, and you chain attacks together in a (hopefully) continuous combo until you run out of AP. You have a "super gauge" that fills up with combos and allows you to do a "soul break" "super move" at the end of the combo. Unlike the first game, you can skip the animations on these, and the fights move quite quickly.

The fights on the whole have been dramatically expanded from the first game. Rather than going straight into attacking, you now have a large map with multiple enemies on it, much like an SRPG fight. You can move around freely, but when you move, the enemies do as well. You can see their attack radius, so the idea is to get in on them and start a combo without getting in their attack range.

Moving around regenerates AP, as does getting hit, or killing enemies. When you move, the enemies move, but when you stand still, they do, too. You can use items and cast spells for an AP cost (there is no MP), but you can't do it twice in a row. There's a timer that prevents you from accessing the menu after using an item/spell.

Mazes are (still) in "2D", where you run along lines left and right, and can move onto a different line by moving towards or away from the screen at a door/path. You can jump and slash (to get the advantage on enemies) and freeze enemies with an ice projectile. Once frozen, then can be used as platforms. If you shoot them again, they'll switch positions with you. This is used in a lot of puzzles.

With freezing the enemies, most battles are optional. Unlike most RPGs, they can be quite long and involved, which is a nice approach. I prefer fewer, more challenging battles than a series of short, boring ones that wear you down.

***BAD***

The story, thus far, has either been dragging or relying on the first game too much. While people who didn't play the first game can still enjoy it, it seems to be built just to reference VP, so they'll certainly be missing out. By "average RPG" standards, it's not bad, though.

Despite the awesome soundtrack, the battle theme gets VERY OLD. You spend 2/3 of the game in battle and as you progress, those battles become longer and longer. I just finished Mother 3, which is quite short and has, like...12 battle themes. VP2 could use that many.

Equipment/buying equipment is BOTHERSOME. There are too many factors to consider when choosing a weapon. Strength, elemental affiliation, number of attacks and if it allows soul break or not.

Also, all the "good weapons" are acquired by selling monster parts/older weapons to shops and opening up the option to buy them. You get monster parts by "breaking them" in battle. Repeated blows to one part of a monster (you can't actually choose, since there's no menu, you just have to hit them right) causes it to break. Sometimes, that gives you an item. While you can see which items you need to open up new equipment, just knowing the name doesn't really help. There are SO many parts that it's impossible to keep up with. In the beginning of the game, it's easy enough to open up equipment, but later in the game, you may go to a shop, and not have even one item of 5 you need to make a weapon (which may not even be that good). Beyond that, you won't have any good tips as to where to GET the parts you need.

As a result, you're always carrying a LOT of crap around and crowding up your equipment menu with old swords/monster parts (which can be used as accessories). Combining certain pieces of equipment can teach you skills (which isn't a bad system and a very important one), but managing those pieces becomes increasingly bothersome.

I am also not especially fond of the voice acting. The world feels sort of haunting and ephemeral, but the characters have typical "anime voices" that subtract from the atmosphere. Their performances need to be more stylized or subdued.

There is a LOT of talking in the battles, which is quite nice. The characters not only say a lot, they have a wide variety of things to say.

Also, like the first one, the game CAN get quite challenging. That can be seen as a good or bad thing, In my case, I like it, but with the equipment frustrations (I'm underpowered, and I don't know how to get better equipment), it can be a bit disheartening.

GekigangerV
1256th Post

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 14:05post reply

I thought I would throw this tidbit out there since I am too lazy to create a new thread.

The Street Fighter II Animated Movie uncut was released on DVD yesterday.

It comes with a mini-comic book by Udon. More specifically art by Omar something, who will be doing a Sakura comic book in the next couple of months. Not much to it, but its an okay extra. Just some stuff about Chun-Li and the monitor cyborgs. Atleast it wasn't something about Cammy bitching about her troubles.

Zepy
1263th Post

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 16:54post reply

quote:
Chopin RPG

Hey, that actually interests me quite a bit. Hmmmmmm. The 360's starting to look attractive, considering that they practically give the console away for free around here with all the promotions and stuff.

NARUTO
3464th Post

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 18:58post reply

Thanks for your VP2 infos Polly. Just some little question more...
Did the Chapter system is still here with peoples than need to be sended?
Did the EXP system is the same as the 1st one with the orb-EXp that you can use as you wish?
Is Brahams stil here and playable?

thanks!

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Pollyanna
1918th Post

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Thu 20 Jul 19:17post reply

quote:
Thanks for your VP2 infos Polly. Just some little question more...
Did the Chapter system is still here with peoples than need to be sended?
Did the EXP system is the same as the 1st one with the orb-EXp that you can use as you wish?
Is Brahams stil here and playable?

thanks!

There are no Einherjar like before. It's "Einferia" this time. You have main plot characters (unlike before), then Einferia, which are unlocked when you find glowing weapons in dungeons. After you level them up 5 (I think) levels, then you can reincarnate them (which is like the opposite of sending up, I suppose). When you do that, you get stat increasing items, and you can go see them somewhere in the world for another bonus.

There are tons of them, and while it doesn't recreate the drama of VP, it's fun to have lots of characters to choose from, from a gameplay perspective. They have a tendency to give you too many archers, though...

But you don't "send" anyone, because the game/plot is totally different. Think of it as a "normal" RPG with a normal, permenant cast.

The EXP system is like any other RPG. The more you air juggle an enemy, the more EXP you get. You also get a bonus for finishing a battle quickly. There is a "leader" enemy in each battle that will end the battle if you defeat it.

As for Brahms...I don't want to spoil you! I'll just say he's in the game, and he plays a significant role.

exodus
3462th Post

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Fri 21 Jul 01:47post reply

quote:

Hey, that actually interests me quite a bit. Hmmmmmm. The 360's starting to look attractive, considering that they practically give the console away for free around here with all the promotions and stuff.

I didn't know the government around there even allowed you to have fun things!

well, as long as you don't play it on the grass...?

Zepy
1264th Post

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Fri 21 Jul 03:38post reply

quote:
I didn't know the government around there even allowed you to have fun things!

well, as long as you don't play it on the grass...?

I live in your backyard! Let me have some fun

exodus
3463th Post

"Re(5):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Fri 21 Jul 04:33post reply

quote:

I live in your backyard! Let me have some fun

if you're so smart, how many chickens are there in my back yard? HOW MANY!?

Iggy
7819th Post

"Re(5):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Fri 21 Jul 06:37post reply

quote:
There are no Einherjar like before. It's "Einferia" this time.

It's the same word actually. Some weird derivative from "inferior" I used to think.

As for VP2, the scenario is the worst thing that could have happened to the first game. This is even worse than Star Ocean 3, which retroactively fucked up the series : VP2 does it WHILE BEING A PREQUEL.
Awesome.

So, yeah, the "game" part is good. Problem is VP1 was popular for a lot more than just the gameplay.
I wonder if someday the RPG makers will follow the same path as the fighting games developpers and create "dream match" RPG, with good system, balance and all, but no scenario because that's not what interests the gamers anymore.

Holiday
2559th Post

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Fri 21 Jul 08:14post reply

quote:
A Frederic Chopin RPG ?
Polka
Wish I didn't open the links. So moe I could die!

So that makes 2 games that might make me get the 360 ~ this and Senko no Ronde...

Pollyanna
1919th Post

"Re(6):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Fri 21 Jul 14:39post reply

quote:

It's the same word actually. Some weird derivative from "inferior" I used to think.

As for VP2, the scenario is the worst thing that could have happened to the first game. This is even worse than Star Ocean 3, which retroactively fucked up the series : VP2 does it WHILE BEING A PREQUEL.
Awesome.

So, yeah, the "game" part is good. Problem is VP1 was popular for a lot more than just the gameplay.
I wonder if someday the RPG makers will follow the same path as the fighting games developpers and create "dream match" RPG, with good system, balance and all, but no scenario because that's not what interests the gamers anymore.

After winning VP (and crying because the ending was so bad) I decided that there was no way they could make a sequel and have it be "right." VP2 manages to both succeed and reinforce that notion at the same time.

It doesn't have the style and originality of the first game, and the scenario is indeed quite ridiculous, but at the same time, it manages to to remedy many of the first game's problems. When I'm going through dungeons I can forget almost everything that's wrong with the game.

But yeah...the scenario does get a little ridiculous. SO3 is a pretty good comparison. For VP3, maybe they can have someone go back in time and make it like VP2 never happened.

In terms of "dream matches" I wish NamcoXCapcom would have been more of a "dream match" since the characters had so much to say and almost none of it was worth reading.

PS: VP2 cheats as a prequel, anyway. It's a trick prequel.

NARUTO
3465th Post

"Re(5):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Fri 21 Jul 17:57post reply

quote:
There are no Einherjar like before. It's "Einferia" this time. You have main plot characters (unlike before), then Einferia, which are unlocked when you find glowing weapons in dungeons. After you level them up 5 (I think) levels, then you can reincarnate them (which is like the opposite of sending up, I suppose). When you do that, you get stat increasing items, and you can go see them somewhere in the world for another bonus.

There are tons of them, and while it doesn't recreate the drama of VP, it's fun to have lots of characters to choose from, from a gameplay perspective. They have a tendency to give you too many archers, though...

But you don't "send" anyone, because the game/plot is totally different. Think of it as a "normal" RPG with a normal, permenant cast.

The EXP system is like any other RPG. The more you air juggle an enemy, the more EXP you get. You also get a bonus for finishing a battle quickly. There is a "leader" enemy in each battle that will end the battle if you defeat it.

As for Brahms...I don't want to spoil you! I'll just say he's in the game, and he plays a significant role.

Ok thanks for those details... The games sound fun. After all I like the 1st with all his bad points so...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

GekigangerV
1260th Post

"Re(6):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sat 22 Jul 00:48post reply

New TMNT movie teaser trailer

Ammadeau
1519th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sat 22 Jul 02:08post reply

quote:
Wish I didn't open the links. So moe I could die!

So that makes 2 games that might make me get the 360 ~ this and Senko no Ronde...

No interest in the Idol Master? Really, I'm ashamed of you.

I'm beginning to wish I had bought a Japanese 360 after all, mainly for Ronde and Bullet Witch, even though I know the latter is a game that maybe all of six people on the planet will like.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Abster
282th Post

Copper Customer

"New Portrait of Ruin info" , posted Sat 22 Jul 13:29post reply

www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4703

------------------------------
Equip system

For BOTH characters it's SOTN style, mostly.

Primary Weapon (one arm only) and Subweapon,
Armor, headgear, BOOTS (first for CV series)
2 accessories, and combination attack used by both. (UP + X by default)

Characters generally move much faster now.

Right now, probably for demo purposes, abilities and weapons are dropped at a large rate, much more so than DoS. Most abilities have names, but their "icons" haven't been determined yet, like the call cube and stone of flight, which use the exact SAME icon for now. The final game intends to make you collect a certain number of the same items before you learn the ability.

Voices are much different than at E3. Much more Japanese in feel like the pair of Sorrow games.
In addition, general sound effects are much different, and sound much better than DoS.

You're notified which attributes increase each time you level up.

Miniboss sequences
The one shown has you trying to outrun a behemoth from Rondo.

Both characters share the same HP, but if your on screen partner takes damage, it's subtracted from MP instead of HP.

Charlotte has a slightly different palette now.

Quick save available

There's a new option called "TALKING" I guess this allows the 2 characters to talk between one another perhaps to give hints or stuff on where to go next.

RELICS system returns!
GUIDE, probably the same as it was in DoS.

The top DS screen has the map, but just for one area. The MAP option on the status screen probably gives you the option to look at the map for ALL the game's areas.

Kill counter, returning for the first time since SOTN.

Contrary to earlier interviews the touch screen does have a use here. It can be used to direct your partner when they're on screen to different locations.

2 player Co Op mode that can be played online or locally, played with brand new areas exclusive to this mode.

Use Wi-Fi to buy, sell, and give out items online.

New castle graphics look hellish, and really damn cool.

Undead Fred
2717th Post

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sat 22 Jul 14:07post reply

quote:

So, is there any hope of this one hitting the US, or am I just gonna get my hopes up for nothing all over again?

Iggy
7820th Post

"Re(1):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sat 22 Jul 17:02post reply

The PSP will be used as a remote for the PS3

Death Note on DS

Jeanne D'arc official site

The production of PS3 has (maybe) begun

Gojira
2021th Post

"Re(3):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sat 22 Jul 18:00post reply

quote:

So, is there any hope of this one hitting the US, or am I just gonna get my hopes up for nothing all over again?

I recall hearing almost a year ago that someone was porting some of the PS2 Simple series to English, but I guess it was just a rumor. Either that or they're reeaaaaally taking their sweet time.

Spoon
1342th Post

"Re(4):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sat 22 Jul 18:21post reply

quote:

I recall hearing almost a year ago that someone was porting some of the PS2 Simple series to English, but I guess it was just a rumor. Either that or they're reeaaaaally taking their sweet time.

Most (all?) of the Simple series games that have been released outside of japan have been released in Europe... Earth Defense Force 2 will be hitting Europe, soon!.

Zombie vs. Ambulance has been released, too.

Ishmael
2564th Post

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sun 23 Jul 10:34post reply

quote:
The PSP will be used as a remote for the PS3

That's an expensive remote. Then again, with the suggessted price of the PS3 it deserves to have nothing but the best.

Evenor
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):I'm random, I'm hot, I'm new" , posted Sun 23 Jul 11:24post reply

quote:

Jeanne D'arc official site

This is basically FF tactics 2, right?

I hope Janne Da Arc are secret characters/doing the opening theme.

シュガーフォークフル

Abster
283th Post

Copper Customer

"Portrait of Ruin official cover" , posted Sun 23 Jul 11:35post reply

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/A62678F1-DCD8-4271-9CD3-EB5CED2CE6F8.htm

Get a look at the official cover for Portrait of Ruin here, as well as a first look at the 2 vampire sisters.

GI will have an interview with Iga soon.

Pollyanna
1920th Post

"Re(1):Portrait of Ruin official cover" , posted Sun 23 Jul 12:28post reply

quote:

Get a look at the official cover for Portrait of Ruin here, as well as a first look at the 2 vampire sisters.

That's a pretty crappy picture. I mean, like...it's very amateurish. I wonder if Japan will have a different cover. Either that, or the art quality in Castlevania is on a gradual decline. Maybe they'll get the Elfen Lied guy to do the next game.

Abster
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Portrait of Ruin official cover" , posted Sun 23 Jul 13:21post reply

Well, it's generally the same style used in Dawn of Sorrow, except the characters are made to look a little more mature than last time. I can swing with it, but I also miss those badass designs that graced the covers of the GBA games.

Shooo-rook
219th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Portrait of Ruin official cover" , posted Sun 23 Jul 22:34post reply

quote:

Game footage= http://youtube.com/watch?v=A3j13sAv59I&search=portrait%20of%20ruin

Are you slave to the blade?

Sensenic
1526th Post

"Re(2):Portrait of Ruin official cover" , posted Mon 24 Jul 20:21:post reply

quote:

Game footage= http://youtube.com/watch?v=A3j13sAv59I&search=portrait%20of%20ruin

A much better version:

Right click and Save As

Direct feed, clear sound, doesn't spend time whipping around randomly and shows the menus.

Now, I'm really interested in that "Talking" menu option...

And this time there are no souls... but if you have to get each sub-power from every different kind of enemy (Iga said he'd compensate for taking the bother to kill each monster, even the weakest zombie), it's back to the same grinding again u_u Hope it's not.

Time for some long due Samus Aran love...

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Mon 24 Jul 20:22]

CHAZumaru
416th Post

Gold Customer

"No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull boy" , posted Mon 24 Jul 21:25:post reply

No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull boy.

◆The casting of Miami Vice (The Movie) gets more "interesting" each day.
◆New MMO Sports game (open betatest starting this thursday). Not as moe as Pangya. Where is Nekketsu World Cup Online when you need it?
New update on Nekofan, interesting and in French as always (don't forget to check Page 2).
◆Konami is still releasing some Thrill Drive games! I wonder who play these (image of TD4 in loketest last WE).
◆Jiji finally played Romance X.
◆ああっ岩田さまっ's profit goes up up and away.
◆OneeX has a website.
AMD buys ATi (who is producing the graphic chips for Wii and X360).

No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull boy...

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Mon 24 Jul 22:14]

exodus
3464th Post

"Re(1):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Tue 25 Jul 02:31post reply

quote:

If I actually make it to Leipzig, you're under contractual obligation to come back to the internet.

CHAZumaru
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Tue 25 Jul 05:16post reply

quote:

If I actually make it to Leipzig, you're under contractual obligation to come back to the internet.

But you seem to be doing so well by yourself right now! And didn't you get some of the cool kids from the IC forums like Dessgeega and Takashi to post a little bit? If you have to pay your hotel in Leipzig I should be able to sneak you in my hotel room, possibly maybe.

Hero of the day Tam not only managed to get the Topic Eclectique back on track (yay!), but also shares nice adresses to see Raiden 4 in action (yay?):
http://ddp.doorsclosing.com/r4/

For a nitpicker you sure dress poorly.

Iggy
7821th Post

"Re(3):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Tue 25 Jul 05:36post reply

quote:
If you have to pay your hotel in Leipzig I should be able to sneak you in my hotel room, possibly maybe.

*take notes*

CHAZumaru
417th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Tue 25 Jul 05:59post reply

quote:

*take notes*

How dare you!

Being a prude Berliner aristocrat girl from an important chocolate dynasty of the last century, I would only fall for a social democrat asshole hung like my horse.

...Hmmm then again that might fit Brandon's description, but you never gave me a glimpse at your private photo collection, so I wouldn't know.

Iggy
7822th Post

"Re(5):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Tue 25 Jul 06:16post reply

quote:
...Hmmm then again that might fit Brandon's description, but you never gave me a glimpse at your private photo collection, so I wouldn't know.

You might be a prude filthy rich aristocrat, but even you have to pay to visit my Brandon Unleashed website.

Don't hesitate any longer ! With every new membership, you will receive extraordinary presents, like rare movies of Zepy nude playing with his dolls and Kikkoken fully dressed doing something totaly not gay! Unbelievable !
Apply now !

exodus
3466th Post

"Re(6):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Tue 25 Jul 12:41:post reply

damn! I thought it was going to be a real site.Ho will I learn about my hot gay sex now? There must be some way!!

There's a problem with Leipzig, but I'll take it to emailzzzzzzzzzz. Still possible though!

Oh and no, I didn't get Dessgeega and Takashi to help. Takashi's a good idea, especially!

[edit]
I figured out Europe, now I'm going everywhere! Next time I should budget time to go to Spain and see Recap and Takashi also. I'll assume everyone in Spain lives in Madrid, just like everyone in France lives in Paris, and everyone in the U.S. lives in either San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York.

HAH! We get three!

[this message was edited by exodus on Tue 25 Jul 16:26]

Iggy
7823th Post

"Re(7):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Tue 25 Jul 19:31post reply

quote:
everyone in the U.S. lives in either San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York.

HAH! We get three!

Your country is so fat it has three cap... never mind.

CHAZumaru
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Advanced Variable Geography 120%" , posted Wed 26 Jul 21:48post reply

quote:
Next time I should budget time to go to Spain and see Recap and Takashi also. I'll assume everyone in Spain lives in Madrid

Recap is indeed in or close to Madrid (or so I understood), but as far as I know Takashi is Portuguese and I think he currently lives in Portugal.

exodus
3469th Post

"Re(1):Advanced Variable Geography 120%" , posted Thu 27 Jul 03:24post reply

quote:

Recap is indeed in or close to Madrid (or so I understood), but as far as I know Takashi is Portuguese and I think he currently lives in Portugal.

haha! oh yeah, I forgot about that. I suck.
it'd be like somebody thinking I live in england.

Iggy
7827th Post

"This other thread is quite long as well" , posted Sat 29 Jul 03:47post reply

Uho ! ii Nagato

Maese Spt
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):This other thread is quite long as well" , posted Sat 29 Jul 04:11post reply

quote:
Uho ! ii Nagato

I myself prefer the version of Abe Takakazu on the 2chan mugen. His Shungokusatsu is terrific and delicious at the same time, on a very disturbing way.

, '´  ̄ ̄ ` 、
          i r-ー-┬-‐、i
           | |,,_   _,{|
          N| "゚'` {"゚`lリ 
             ト.i   ,__''_  !
          /i/ l\ ー .イ|、
    ,.、-  ̄/  | l   ̄ / | |` ┬-、
    /  ヽ. /    ト-` 、ノ- |  l  l  ヽ.
  /    ∨     l   |!  |   `> |  i
  /     |`二^>  l.  |  | <__,|  |
_|      |.|-<    \ i / ,イ____!/ \
  .|     {.|  ` - 、 ,.---ァ^! |    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄l
__{   ___|└―ー/  ̄´ |ヽ |___ノ____________|
  }/ -= ヽ__ - 'ヽ   -‐ ,r'゙   l                  |
__f゙// ̄ ̄     _ -'     |_____ ,. -  ̄ \____|
  | |  -  ̄   /   |     _ | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ /       \  ̄|
___`\ __ /    _l - ̄  l___ /   , /     ヽi___.|
 ̄ ̄ ̄    |    _ 二 =〒  ̄  } ̄ /     l |      ! ̄ ̄|
_______l       -ヾ ̄  l/         l|       |___|

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Iggy
7831th Post

"Re(2):This other thread is quite long as well" , posted Sat 29 Jul 05:21post reply

quote:
I myself prefer the version of Abe Takakazu on the 2chan mugen. His Shungokusatsu is terrific and delicious at the same time, on a very disturbing way.

You mean this?

I object ! Abe is a bottom, not top !

Sensenic
1527th Post

"Re(1):This other thread is quite long as well" , posted Sat 29 Jul 07:56post reply

quote:
Uho ! ii Nagato

Uho!

Download'd!

An undead friend.

Maese Spt
288th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):This other thread is quite long as well" , posted Mon 31 Jul 05:23post reply

quote:
You mean this?

I object ! Abe is a bottom, not top !

Yep, that's him. Gotta love his crotch crochet!

He and that hilarious Sadako must be the only worthy creations aroused from mugen scene ever. Oh, well, Spelunker sensei is charming too.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Ishmael
2571th Post

"Re(4):This other thread is quite long as well" , posted Mon 31 Jul 06:48post reply

This just in: Gamespot has yet to realize that Zangief is gay.

CHAZumaru
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Mon 31 Jul 19:16:post reply

Interesting, it seems Tomomi Kobayashi of SaGa fame will be the card designer for the exclusive Sangokushi Taisen 2 card given with Sangokushi Taisen DS* this autumn. Had she already worked on some card designs for this game before?

*by the way since when does Sega do smart moves like this (porting ST to DS instead of PS2 or PSP, I mean)? Give us back the real cute laughing stock inefficient Sega, you evil alien doppleganger impostor.

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Mon 31 Jul 20:05]

Iggy
7839th Post

"Re(1):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Mon 31 Jul 20:04:post reply

As long as it's just a card, I can live with it.

BITCH ! She went to Provence last year and I didn't even know about it !

Edit : Chaz : I SEE YOU.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 31 Jul 20:09]

Pollyanna
1934th Post

"Re(2):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Mon 31 Jul 20:11post reply

Is there a good Sangokushi Taisen artbook out there? They have some really excellent artists working on that series.

CHAZumaru
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Mon 31 Jul 20:13:post reply

quote:

BITCH ! She went to Provence last year and I didn't even know about it !

There might be a good reason for this...
By the way Iggy, now that I finally caught up with Haruhi with the six last episodes caught in a single night, it seems to me they never got to explain anything about the talking cat in the first broadcasted episode. Is an explanation mentioned anywhere in the novel?

quote:
Edit : Chaz : I SEE YOU.

Then it will be our LITTLE SECRET.

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Mon 31 Jul 20:14]

Iggy
7840th Post

"Re(3):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Mon 31 Jul 20:16post reply

Yes, the cat is in the novel.

But my money is on a second season when one or two more novels will have been released, so with the construction of the series they can very well go back in time and clear this out... or don't even mention it, because they can if they want.

CHAZumaru
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Mon 31 Jul 20:32post reply

quote:
so with the construction of the series they can very well go back in time and clear this out...

Hmmm I am not sure I want more of this show. This is perfectly ended as it is.

quote:
or don't even mention it, because they can if they want.

Yes I even expected a すみません、機密く事項です♥ explanation/excuse at some point.

CHAZumaru
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Mushihime & Shotacon" , posted Mon 31 Jul 22:05:post reply

Also, we knew about the sequel to Mushihime-Sama through IC/Hamapika, but little was said (then again I thankfully probably don't hang around where this is deeply talked about) about their smooth move towards the shotacon crowd. Is it me or shotacon is getting more and more support from non-porn game makers? Maybe I am just getting more aware of these things... It must be the power of Noble Pink DS.

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Mon 31 Jul 23:22]

Iggy
7841th Post

"Re(1):Mushihime & Shotacon" , posted Tue 1 Aug 02:10post reply

quote:
Is it me or shotacon is getting more and more support from non-porn game makers? Maybe I am just getting more aware of these things...

I think you're wrong.
The iyashi transcends the questions of shota and loli. Iyashi is the key, not porn.

CHAZumaru
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Mushihime & Shotacon" , posted Tue 1 Aug 03:48post reply

quote:
Is it me or shotacon is getting more and more support from non-porn game makers? Maybe I am just getting more aware of these things...
I think you're wrong.
The iyashi transcends the questions of shota and loli. Iyashi is the key, not porn.

Hmm I see, and I guess you are right when in comes to the general tendance. But in the case of Cave, after Ibara and Pink Sweets and the pantiless Mushihime model kit, I have doubts that they are so innocent-minded.

Sensenic
1531th Post

"(Not) Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Tue 1 Aug 05:35:post reply

Ooops, whole post edit, as I posted just the quote by accident /(;u_u)
quote:
Hmmm I am not sure I want more of this show. This is perfectly ended as it is.

That's EXACTLY the feeling I got after finishing the first novel. It was really well closed, I believe, a very nice single story per se, and it kind of bothered me that they would go on for 7 more volumes (and still going if I'm not mistaken?)
And, indeed, how things had returned too much to normality at the beginning of the second bothered me. It is interesting so far, yes (I'm reading from baka-tsuki's translation, and they're at the 2nd volume still), but kind of anti-climatic. Hope it gets better in the next ones.

An undead friend.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Tue 1 Aug 05:44]

Zepy
1267th Post

"Re(4):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Tue 1 Aug 05:53post reply

quote:
Yes, the cat is in the novel.

But my money is on a second season when one or two more novels will have been released, so with the construction of the series they can very well go back in time and clear this out... or don't even mention it, because they can if they want.

Iggy answers otaku questions and makes otaku speculations!

The world is going to explode soon. After all the Haruhi DVDs are released.

exodus
3479th Post

"Re(5):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Tue 1 Aug 09:04post reply

quote:

Iggy answers otaku questions and makes otaku speculations!

I was marveling at this as well!

I'll see him in two weeks, I bet he has a room full of small figurines by now!

Iggy
7842th Post

"Re(6):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Tue 1 Aug 09:29post reply

quote:

My small figurine of Iggy and his stand is watching me as I type this, and it doesn't look happy.

Spoon
1348th Post

"Re(7):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Tue 1 Aug 11:18post reply

quote:

My small figurine of Iggy and his stand is watching me as I type this, and it doesn't look happy.

Exclusive pic~ <3

NARUTO
3468th Post

"Re(3):Tomomi Kobayashi & Sangokushi Taisen" , posted Tue 1 Aug 18:53post reply

quote:
Is there a good Sangokushi Taisen artbook out there? They have some really excellent artists working on that series.

Well the only book that exist at my knowledge, is the Arcadia official guide book. You may have a full card list in there....

Here for exemple the book for the 2nd game.
http://www.arcadiamagazine.com/cgi-bin/product_view.cgi?id=3

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Shapermc
127th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Wed 2 Aug 13:40post reply

Wait... what the hell is CHAZ doing back on the internet? I thought you had a real job now.

CHAZumaru
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Wed 2 Aug 15:54post reply

quote:
Wait... what the hell is CHAZ doing back on the internet? I thought you had a real job now.

I do! I limit myself to MMC and Boulette though, since my time is much more limited for a bunch of reasons. I sometimes visit IC as well.
Thought I agree this topic should keep talking about *swoon*ME-ME-ME-ME-ME-ME-*kiss*, NOA is organizing a survey about Tingle on their website, to check if their fans are favorable to the US release of the Tingle game on DS. You can participate too!

But you need to register to their site, even to see the poll. Therefore someone from GAF made a screenshot of his own answers for those who cannot see it.

Shapermc
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Thu 3 Aug 14:24post reply

quote:
NOA is organizing a survey about Tingle on their website, to check if their fans are favorable to the US release of the Tingle game on DS. You can participate too!

Speaking of NOA and surveys, I got a call tonight (yes, on the phone... randomly) and was asked to participate in answering a few questions. It started off with smoking, and then moved onto wood polish, then my opinion of politics, and then I got asked about the Wii. They did this whole speech about how the controller is like a remote and how it will have simple functionality and also bring people back to gaming that once played but no longer do, as well as introduce it to a whole new group of people who were not interested in gaming previously.

Nintendo now knows that I know what the Wii is, that I plan on purchasing it, and that I know about the 360 and PS3 but still want to purchase it. It is probably better that they know this than my opinions on Tingle.

*swoon*

exodus
3484th Post

"Re(9):No Topic Eclectique makes Chaz a dull b" , posted Fri 4 Aug 07:26post reply

quote:
Therefore someone from GAF made a screenshot of his own answers for those who cannot see it.

hmm. but does he like Tingle?