Maiking Break-Through Gurren-Lagann - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1814 Views )

Rid
7085th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Maiking Break-Through Gurren-Lagann" , posted Thu 13 Jul 03:25:post reply

I don't know if anybody here cares but...

New super robot anime from Gainax coming out next year (game by Konami too). Seems to be the same character designer as Abenobashi and Re: Cutie Honey yet nothing says on his site for now.

Probably much like other recent Gainax anime (Re: Cutie Honey, Top Wo Nerae 2!) it will be overlooked on this side of the world, but I really like how it looks and sounds so far.

-article with art and info
-gainax site
-official site

copy and paste from my site:
quote:
The anime is set in a village underground called Shiiha. They have lived there since an earthquake buried the town hundreds of years ago.

Shimon is a boy in that village, he makes his living digging holes to increase the living area. One day, while digging deep, deep into a tunnel, he finds a shining crystalline object, a "core drill"

Shimon's best friend is a young man named Kamina, who leads a group called "gren-dan" which is attempting to break through the cave ceiling and return to the surface.

One day, an event happened that changed everything. The cave ceiling broke and a giant robot fell into the village. Sunlight poured from the hole it left in the ceiling.

"There really is a surface to the world!"

But there was no time for that thinking. The giant robot began to destroy their village. Immediately, Kamina stood up and faced the robot. But, one living person would be no match for it.

Kamina's life was narrowly saved by a girl from the surface named Youko. She fired from her railgun and stopped the robot. She called the giant robot a "ganmen" (gunman?). But, the railgun could only slow it down. After one danger after another, Shimon showed them a giant robotic face which he had dug out of the ground earlier.

Kamino said "you dug it up, so you pilot it!", the responsibility was put onto Shimon's shoulders. When he put in the core drill, it activated. For some reason, Shimon already knew how to control it. Without thinking, he climbed into its giant head. Kamino named the robot Ragan.

With the giant robot approaching, can Shimon, Kamino and Youko survive? Why did the giant robot fall from the surface?

Thanks to Crispy for the translation

news - art

[this message was edited by Rid on Thu 13 Jul 03:27]

Replies:

Rid
7088th Post

"update!" , posted Wed 16 Aug 10:34post reply

Again, from my site =3

quote:
Simon: The main character of this story. He's nearly silent, has a blue collar sensibility and is treated as an outcast, but he is respected as the best miner in the Jiha village. He's not very good at conversation, he prefers to stay in the shadow of his big brotherly figure, Kamina. In the middle of a mining operation he found a small drill, and his destiny was greatly changed.

Kamina: A young leader, filled with ambition. He naturally seeks romance and adventure, but he also draws people to him. He is a big brother figure to Simon, they have almost nothing in common, but they always stand together against enemies and hardship. His whole body is covered with tattoos.

Yoko: A beautiful sniper who can never be seperated from her rifle. She saves Simon and Kamina from danger, and decides to act with them. Because of her cruel upbringing on the surface, she is a very severe person compared to Simon. She treats the introspective and naive Simon as a child. She hides a childish side to her personality.

Lagann: A mysterious robot Simon unearthed during his mining. It awakened in response to a core drill (?). It moves according to Simon's thoughts. It combines with Kamina's Gurren to become Gurren-Lagann.

Gurren: Kamina stole this robot from enemy gunmen. it features giant sunglasses that can be used as a boomerang. Along with Simon's Lagann, it becomes Gurren-Lagann.

Gurren-Lagann: a machine combined from Simon's Lagann and Kamina's Gurren. It will enter combat against many enemy gunmen.

news - art

Tai-Pan
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):update!" , posted Wed 16 Aug 12:40post reply

quote:
Again, from my site =3

Simon: The main character of this story. He's nearly silent, has a blue collar sensibility and is treated as an outcast, but he is respected as the best miner in the Jiha village. He's not very good at conversation, he prefers to stay in the shadow of his big brotherly figure, Kamina. In the middle of a mining operation he found a small drill, and his destiny was greatly changed.

Kamina: A young leader, filled with ambition. He naturally seeks romance and adventure, but he also draws people to him. He is a big brother figure to Simon, they have almost nothing in common, but they always stand together against enemies and hardship. His whole body is covered with tattoos.

Yoko: A beautiful sniper who can never be seperated from her rifle. She saves Simon and Kamina from danger, and decides to act with them. Because of her cruel upbringing on the surface, she is a very severe person compared to Simon. She treats the introspective and naive Simon as a child. She hides a childish side to her personality.

Lagann: A mysterious robot Simon unearthed during his mining. It awakened in response to a core drill (?). It moves according to Simon's thoughts. It combines with Kamina's Gurren to become Gurren-Lagann.

Gurren: Kamina stole this robot from enemy gunmen. it features giant sunglasses that can be used as a boomerang. Along with Simon's Lagann, it becomes Gurren-Lagann.

Gurren-Lagann: a machine combined from Simon's Lagann and Kamina's Gurren. It will enter combat against many enemy gunmen.

OT: In what part of Bs As do you live? And do you know Japanese?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Rid
7089th Post

"Re(2):update!" , posted Wed 16 Aug 19:46post reply

quote:
OT: In what part of Bs As do you live? And do you know Japanese?
Martinez, and no.

news - art