Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume Art - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2487 Views )

Cain Highwind
709th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume Art" , posted Mon 10 Jul 14:22:post reply

Link

As in his original artwork not the CG (scroll down a bit). I have to say, he may not be the best at designing new characters or redesigning current ones, but coming up with new costumes for the characters, I like it.

I never even noticed in the game that B Jenet has an Elena from SF3 costume.

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Mon 10 Jul 14:25]

Replies:

Gojira
2014th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume " , posted Mon 10 Jul 15:09post reply

The artwork does make some of the "homages" more obvious... some of these didn't look anything like they were probably supposed to when used in-game.

For example, I never realized that Yuri's orange and black outfit was supposed to be a take-off on Robert. I just thought it was supposed to be really ugly. And I thought that Ryo's white outfit was supposed to be Takuma, but looking at the artwork I can see it's actually Haohmaru. Weird.

KTallguy
862th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume" , posted Mon 10 Jul 16:06post reply

That's a shame that these didn't translate so well in game. They are all beautiful designs.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

Dr Baghead
3601th Post

"Re(1):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume " , posted Mon 10 Jul 16:14post reply

So is Mai's Lum costume actually in the game?

... and is Lilly Kane really in the game?! that's crazy!! I'm sure this game is just gonna leave me upset and angry with it's retarded missions, bland graphics, and crashing like MI:Maniax did. But if 'Lum' can beat the crap out of Billy's little sister I might just have to play this someday.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Ammadeau
1518th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume" , posted Mon 10 Jul 17:19post reply

As a Lum fan, I wish it looked more like Lum and was someone else donning the costume, probably B. Jenet. Lilly is a lot of fun because she's like her brother, yet different enough to give her own style. Hate her normal outfits though.

MI2 in general is a total rushdown game, made all the more obvious from its stark contrast with XI. It's really fast and it's less about strategy and more about quick reflexes. That does make it for a slightly sloppier game, but I still like it a lot. Some of the outfits and colors though are just hard to look at.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Samson
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume " , posted Mon 10 Jul 17:46post reply

I've lost all interest in Falcoon's work with the release of MI. A big let down.

But these drawings are quite good ! Are all these costumes in the game, or are they just studies that didn't make it ?

Cain Highwind
709th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume" , posted Tue 11 Jul 00:12post reply

quote:
The artwork does make some of the "homages" more obvious... some of these didn't look anything like they were probably supposed to when used in-game.

For example, I never realized that Yuri's orange and black outfit was supposed to be a take-off on Robert. I just thought it was supposed to be really ugly. And I thought that Ryo's white outfit was supposed to be Takuma, but looking at the artwork I can see it's actually Haohmaru. Weird.

Actually, I realized that, it was that one costume of Ryo's I thought was based off Ryu, but then I saw the black triangle border and realized it was Haohmaru.

Oh and I guess the link is down (maybe adding more, maybe they're onto us, *shrug*)

Tai-Pan
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume" , posted Tue 11 Jul 05:02post reply

quote:

Actually, I realized that, it was that one costume of Ryo's I thought was based off Ryu, but then I saw the black triangle border and realized it was Haohmaru.

Oh and I guess the link is down (maybe adding more, maybe they're onto us, *shrug*)

The link is still down..and I wanna see this

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Rid
7084th Post

"Re(4):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume" , posted Thu 13 Jul 03:01:post reply

Shameless promotion: there's a Rapidshare link on my site, June 26 update. One of the images is up in Falcoon's site too.

news - art

[this message was edited by Rid on Thu 13 Jul 03:14]

GekigangerV
1252th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume" , posted Thu 13 Jul 04:25post reply

quote:
Shameless promotion: there's a Rapidshare link on my site, June 26 update. One of the images is up in Falcoon's site too.

Thanks Rid. I am not really digging all the original outfits except for Iori who looks pretty cool. I like the references though. Nice Char and Gundam ones in there.

Rid
7085th Post

"Re(6):Interesting find-Falcoon's MI2 Costume" , posted Thu 13 Jul 04:34post reply

quote:
Thanks Rid. I am not really digging all the original outfits except for Iori who looks pretty cool. I like the references though. Nice Char and Gundam ones in there.

I like most of them, actually, just not how they turned into 3d models for the game. I'm specially fond of the shoort haired Kula, maybe because she reminds me of Eureka from Eureka Seven.

news - art