Dellamorte Dellamore - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2005 Views )

simonbelmont
104th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Dellamorte Dellamore" , posted Sun 25 Jun 17:07post reply

Aka Cemetery Man was finally released on dvd NTSC region. Check it out even if you're not a fan of horror movies. Words cannot describe how awesome this movie is. Hell even Martin Scorsese called it one of the best films of the 90's. Too bad we didn't get the German cover art though. Has anyone read the Italian comic Dylan Dog? Is it worth checking out?

http://www.coverportal.de/cover/dvd/d/Dellamorte_Dellamore.jpg

Replies:

Iggy
7782th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Dellamorte Dellamore" , posted Sun 25 Jun 21:53:post reply

Shaïte.

I meant : the name seems familiar, I think I've seen the movies at some point during the last century... Can you remind me the basic pitch?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 25 Jun 21:54]

Nate
782th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Dellamorte Dellamore" , posted Sun 25 Jun 23:56post reply

quote:
Shaïte.

I meant : the name seems familiar, I think I've seen the movies at some point during the last century... Can you remind me the basic pitch?

Cemetery worker kills zombies because they rise from the grave when buried in his cemetery; is cursed to keep meeting the same woman (and kill her). Also has an entertaining subplot with his helper, who only speaks in grunts.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

simonbelmont
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Dellamorte Dellamore" , posted Mon 26 Jun 14:25post reply

quote:

Also has an entertaining subplot with his helper, who only speaks in grunts.

Yeah Gnaghi totally steals the show. The actor who plays the retarded assisant is François Hadji-Lazaro. I heard he's the leader of a French rock band called 'Pigalle.' Any of our French cafe members ever heard of this band?

HAYATO
624th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Dellamorte Dellamore" , posted Mon 26 Jun 15:39post reply

quote:
Has anyone read the Italian comic Dylan Dog? Is it worth checking out?

Yeah, definitely. It's composed of short, self conclusive stories, which usually revolt around supernatural events or crimes ala "A murder She wrote". Plus, there's Groucho, Dylan Dog's hilarious sidekick, whose sole appearance makes this comic worth the buy...

pointman_4000
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Dellamorte Dellamore" , posted Mon 26 Jun 18:09post reply

Great horror movie. Introduced me to Anna Falchi's tits. Best thing Rupert Everett has ever done.

[-OO]----///////////////////