A desperate cry for PS2 Help! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1992 Views )

Burning Ranger
1435th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"A desperate cry for PS2 Help!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 07:09post reply

Ladies and gentlemen--I implore you, I need assistance.

I'm not optimistic about the release of 2D games in the US. I'm not confident games like Guilty Gear XX Slash, KOF XI, Garou Densetsu Collection, Darkstalkers Collection, or even Rumblefish will ever be released domestically in the US.

So I need a simple solution to play import PS2 games on my domestic PS2 (model SCPH-39001). I don't want to play bootlegs--just imports. I also need a solution that doesn't involve the installation of a fliptop door on my regular PS2. I don't know if a simple bootdisc solution exists or not. I guess if no simple solution exists, I could shell out for an import PS2 console, but I really don't want to.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Replies:

Digitalboy
334th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):A desperate cry for PS2 Help!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 07:43post reply

What is funny is that I have the fliptop mod on my PStwo, all of my imported games work EXCEPT The Rumblefish. So I had to buy a Japanese PStwo just to play it. My advise is to get the Japanese PStwo because you deserve it.

quote:
Ladies and gentlemen--I implore you, I need assistance.

I'm not optimistic about the release of 2D games in the US. I'm not confident games like Guilty Gear XX Slash, KOF XI, Garou Densetsu Collection, Darkstalkers Collection, or even Rumblefish will ever be released domestically in the US.

So I need a simple solution to play import PS2 games on my domestic PS2 (model SCPH-39001). I don't want to play bootlegs--just imports. I also need a solution that doesn't involve the installation of a fliptop door on my regular PS2. I don't know if a simple bootdisc solution exists or not. I guess if no simple solution exists, I could shell out for an import PS2 console, but I really don't want to.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Pollyanna
1853th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):A desperate cry for PS2 Help!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 08:08post reply

The fliptop lid is the least invasive method of modding a PS2. I can't think of a good argument against it. I don't understand your reluctance to go with it, unless you don't want to void your warranty. It's not like you'd have a warranty with a Japanese system, anyway. To me, going with a new system would be a waste of money, unless you can get one for extremely cheap. I've had two systems before, and eventually just decided to go with one modded system to save myself the trouble.

I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but it really is the best option and totally safe for people without dual chainsaw/hammer/machinegun hands.

As for games not working with the boot disc...this is the first instance I've heard of that happening with the newest version of swap magic. That's...very odd.

Speaking of 2D games...I just got KOF XI and it's really excellent. SNK's best home port by far. The usual character graphic options, VERY little loading time, no controller issues, added music, added artwork and arrange mode is great.