Futurama is coming back, - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2083 Views )

GekigangerV
1243th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Futurama is coming back," , posted Sat 24 Jun 06:22post reply

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=15106

Coming to Comedy Central in 2008. Hopefully the new seasons of Futurama aren't as dull as the new season of Family Guy.

Replies:

Cain Highwind
703th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Futurama is coming back," , posted Sat 24 Jun 07:50post reply

quote:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=15106

Coming to Comedy Central in 2008. Hopefully the new seasons of Futurama aren't as dull as the new season of Family Guy.

SWEET! I've always liked Futurama. The problem with Family guy, IMO, is that I never really stood for Insult Comedy and sometimes they bash certain celebrities to the point of just not being funny and where I just have to wonder what kind of beef McFarlane and company has with said person.

On the other hand though their pop culture humor though, is great, but then I kind of watch Robot Chicken for that kind of stuff now.

Futurama is all sorts of awesome, though.

Variable Savior
373th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Futurama is coming back," , posted Sat 24 Jun 08:06post reply

In the immortal words of Dr. Zoidberg:

quote:
"Hooray!"

and maybe a little

quote:
"Surrender your mysteries to Zoidberg!"

Blood marks heaven's path

NeoRyu
1094th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Futurama is coming back," , posted Sat 24 Jun 08:38post reply

OMFG! I'm such a huge fan! Such wonderful news.

Fuu is a cutie!!

GekigangerV
1244th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Futurama is coming back," , posted Sat 24 Jun 09:23post reply

quote:

SWEET! I've always liked Futurama. The problem with Family guy, IMO, is that I never really stood for Insult Comedy and sometimes they bash certain celebrities to the point of just not being funny and where I just have to wonder what kind of beef McFarlane and company has with said person.

Perhaps the idea balls to certain celebrities look appealing to the manatees and are chosen more. Or perhaps manatees hold grudges.

Dr Baghead
3594th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Futurama is coming back," , posted Sun 25 Jun 08:34post reply

I'm torn on this...

On the one had, the show had a perfectly good ending (it didn't tie everything up perfectly tight into a little bow, but implied things would be alright) when Comedy Centeral ends the show will they get to do another ending like that one?! they run the chance the show just ends with no closure.

On the other hand though, new Bender would be an excellent lead in from South Park to the Daily Show on Comedy Centeral Wednesday nights.

But on the other other hand, the Simpsons isn't very good anymore. What's to say Futurama won't be as huge a drop in quality?!

But on the other other other hand, they only have to do half as many episodes a season (13 rather then 26) that means it'll take twice as long to run out of good ideas and they can put more effort into few shows!!!

So I guess the best way to sum up my reaction is like the leader of the Grey planet:
"They're bringing back Futurama? That's certainly animation news"

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Iron D
2704th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Futurama is coming back," , posted Wed 28 Jun 16:59post reply

Excellent. Most excellent.

I wonder if they'll come back with a new theme song or something.

Zelkin. Pimped.