Worst Endings - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2384 Views )

Sensenic
1519th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Worst Endings" , posted Tue 13 Jun 17:30post reply

I found this and thought it was funny (specially number 4), so here it goes.

Be aware for each comic be spoiler for its related game (well, duh... u_uU)

- Worst Ending 1: CV, Aria of Sorrow.
- Worst Ending 2: Chrono Trigger.
- Worst Ending 3: Metroid.
- Worst Ending 4: Castlevania 2.

Time for some long due Samus Aran love...

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Replies:

Time Mage
2414th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Worst Endings" , posted Tue 13 Jun 18:00post reply

Haha, very good! The Aria and Metroid ones specially.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

YeldellGW
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Worst Endings" , posted Tue 13 Jun 23:04post reply

LOL! Simon's Quest did offer some pretty useless clues.

Never could get any endings other than Simon biting it or Simon destroying Dracula. Just couldn't blow through the game fast enough for the Dracula resurection one I guess...

Digitalboy
328th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Worst Endings" , posted Tue 13 Jun 23:20post reply

If you keep your cell phone in your front pocket does it really make you sterile? I think it is time for me to see a doctor...

quote:
LOL! Simon's Quest did offer some pretty useless clues.

Never could get any endings other than Simon biting it or Simon destroying Dracula. Just couldn't blow through the game fast enough for the Dracula resurection one I guess...

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Arngrim
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Worst Endings" , posted Tue 13 Jun 23:23post reply

You have too much free time at your work Sensenic!!!

It almost rivalizes mine! xDDD

Nice found, even though without reading the text explaining the joke, it's cryptic as hell!!

Alucard can buy me a mobile phone whenever he feels like, too xD

I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth you refuse to believe in it.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Undead Fred
2698th Post

"Re(4):Worst Endings" , posted Wed 14 Jun 13:59post reply

I think my favorite awful ending of all time would be Rampage on NES... nothing like sitting around all afternoon beating all 50 states to see what happens only to get CONGRATULATIONS!! and then credits.

The other good ones are Tomb Raider 1 and 2's endings... after getting 2's ending, I gave the series up for good.

Sensenic
1521th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Worst Endings" , posted Wed 14 Jun 16:57post reply

quote:
You have too much free time at your work Sensenic!!!

No, actually I don't. I just happen to be lazy...

BTW, I've started to read the Haruhi novels. At work is the only moment I have time to, and since here I can't watch anime... ;)
quote:

Nice found, even though without reading the text explaining the joke, it's cryptic as hell!!

I didn't find it cryptic, except for CT's one, maybe (that brand, or similar, doesn't exist here).

If you're refering to the CV ones, well you gotta know the games... And I've been playing CV a lot as of late, and gathering even more info, and the Deborah Cliff clue is a classic (on the lines of "A miserable little pile of secrets!" XD), so...
quote:
I think my favorite awful ending of all time would be Rampage on NES... nothing like sitting around all afternoon beating all 50 states to see what happens only to get CONGRATULATIONS!! and then credits.

The other good ones are Tomb Raider 1 and 2's endings... after getting 2's ending, I gave the series up for good.

Well, what he's doing is parodies of the "worst ending" out of those games which have more than one (such as Metroid and Castlevanias...), not bad endings in general.

But if you want a bad ending, there's an experience even worse that of Rampage you mention: when a friend and I finally got to the last stage of Arkanoid (Amstrad CPC 6128k version) and beat it, what did we get for an ending? The game freezed and crashed. o_O;
As Arche Klaine would put it: "Indiguneeshon!"

Time for some long due Samus Aran love...

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Arngrim
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Worst Endings" , posted Thu 15 Jun 23:46post reply

quote:

But if you want a bad ending, there's an experience even worse that of Rampage you mention: when a friend and I finally got to the last stage of Arkanoid (Amstrad CPC 6128k version) and beat it, what did we get for an ending? The game freezed and crashed. o_O;
As Arche Klaine would put it: "Indiguneeshon!"

Tragic!

Really, I HATE the games that end with a CONGRATULATIONS! message in a black screen ...so many!

About the Suzumiya Haruhi theme; if you want to follow the anime series I recommend you to take a look at some *good* anime blog.

I recommend you Garten's one. He really does an intensive task and I tend to read his comments after watching some series because he always comes up with some significance I missed. He's very good, really. He also has a very similar taste for anime to mine. He's blogging Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu (as well as some other series), take a look at his entries and you'll be extensively informed. If I make you somewhat interested in the vast world of anime blogging, you can take a look at Antenna, a site which summarizes the recent entries in several anime blogs.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth you refuse to believe in it.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Ishmael
2524th Post

"Re(7):Worst Endings" , posted Fri 16 Jun 00:12post reply

quote:
Really, I HATE the games that end with a CONGRATULATIONS! message in a black screen ...so many!

A personal favorite of mine is the ending from the Mobile Light Force version of Gunbird. When you finish the game all you get is a black screen that says THE END. At first I thought the least they could do is say "congratulations" or something but then I realized that if you are playing MLF you have nothing to be congratulated on.

CharlesProphony
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Worst Endings" , posted Fri 16 Jun 02:27post reply

quote:

well, not the shadow of the beast series...
incredible graphics, incredibly difficulty...
and when you just thanks heavens for finishing off the last boss and what you have? "congratulations! you made the thing you really struggled to do and.... look at this gorgeous static landscape!"...
I've finished the first, watched a superplay for the second and I don't even care about the third...