KOF neowave 2 ?? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2486 Views )

NARUTO
3440th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Mon 12 Jun 18:51:post reply

Here: http://webotaku.com/jeuxvideo/interview.php?art_id=45

This is an interview of Kaoru the winner of the KOF11 selection at this year's Tougeki. (japanese tournament) and in the interview he did says that SNK contact him to be tester on the next KOF neowave 2... wierd...
IMO a KOF NW2 would be everything except a good idea...working more on KOF12 would be better.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

[this message was edited by NARUTO on Mon 12 Jun 18:53]

Replies:

Pollyanna
1837th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Mon 12 Jun 19:08post reply

quote:

IMO a KOF NW2 would be everything except a good idea...working more on KOF12 would be better.

Well, it depends. If they could incorporate all of the KOF character that weren't in Neowave 1, then they would create a "beat all old school KOF". In my opinion, it would be good to do that, then continue to push for more interesting, new ideas and characters in the regular series.

NARUTO
3440th Post

"Re(2):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Mon 12 Jun 19:46post reply

quote:
Well, it depends. If they could incorporate all of the KOF character that weren't in Neowave 1, then they would create a "beat all old school KOF". In my opinion, it would be good to do that, then continue to push for more interesting, new ideas and characters in the regular series.

Well IMO I wished they but more interest in the NGBC concept...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
7751th Post

"Re(3):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Mon 12 Jun 20:11post reply

quote:
Well IMO I wished they but more interest in the NGBC concept...

As strange as it feels, I'm with NARUTO with this one.
I would really like a Nejibako 2 with even more characters and without the stupid default CPU mode.

Oh, well. I guess any game where I can have another Shermie vs Chizuru match will be fine.
Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for a word on KOF 98 Re-bout.

Arngrim
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Mon 12 Jun 23:44post reply

NeoWave 2???

That's wacky!! Did NeoWave really had that much impact to make a sequel? I thought it was a failure!

I agree they should put more attention on developing NEW games than in rehashing the same thing over and over and over again.

Well... let's wait and see how they resolve this...

I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth you refuse to believe in it.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Toxico
4224th Post

"Re(4):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 00:08post reply

Considering that Fatcoon has already stated that arcade XI was already in developement it is highly dubious to fit this game in the arcade market; if things should actually go well, this might be perhaps a console exclusive with several new extras and modes, they should aim to the same that they did with MI2, realize that the game will be crapy and better focus on the 1p experience.

quote:

Oh, well. I guess any game where I can have another Shermie vs Chizuru match will be fine.

I'm fearing that you'll have to wait until 2008 for that, only 2 years two go; on a important note, where is my SS collection pack??

See??? He is a God...

kofoguz
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 00:34post reply

quote:

This is an interview of Kaoru the winner of the KOF11 selection at this year's Tougeki. (japanese tournament) and in the interview he did says that SNK contact him to be tester on the next KOF neowave 2... wierd...

Well maybe its their goodbye project to Atomiswave they started with neowave and they might be wanting to finish it with neowave. Just a far theory.
Also If they planning releasing neowave 2 before KOF12 thats mean theyre going to take their time to release a real superior sequel. Thinking of the possible Saga end episode and sequel of kofXI they need to make it great.

Momo
79th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 02:26:post reply

quote:
As strange as it feels, I'm with NARUTO with this one.
I would really like a Nejibako 2 with even more characters and without the stupid default CPU mode.

NEOPOKE-KUN FTW

that is to say, I'm all for another Battle Coliseum, as long as they add a lot more weird and interesting characters. LET MARS PEOPLE AND CYBER WOO BE THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA

also, I demand lots of strange and wonderful Nona art. MAKE IT HAPPEN

[this message was edited by Momo on Tue 13 Jun 02:26]

shapermc
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 02:44post reply

quote:
Did NeoWave really had that much impact to make a sequel? I thought it was a failure!

I drive cross country somewhat more frequently than I would like to. I stop in a lot of strange gas stations in the central strip of the United States. You would probably be shocked at the amount of truck/gas stops that have a KOF NeoWave cabinet right next to Big Hunter, or some UFO/Claw game.

YeldellGW
518th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 05:53post reply

Personally, I wouldn't mind another Neowave, even if I have yet to play the original (Still waiting on it along with some other import PS2 titles to arrive.). I always prefered the old team elimination set up prior to Strikers and the overated tag team systems.

Despite all the good things I've heard about the latest KOF as far as gameplay goes, I'm still not happy about others things that have been done with the game.

Pollyanna
1839th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 06:55post reply

Hmmm...I liked Neowave and NGBC...so I'd be happy with a sequel to either. I've said this before, but I think both games are severely underrated. I can see that people dislike them for the large amount of recycled stuff in them, but that doesn't mean they aren't good fighters. I'm still playing NGBC today, with great enthusiasm. Having a Neowave 2 with everyone (and decent balance) would make it unecessary to play any old KOF.

Of course, there's a tradeoff there. If they make a super recycled game that recycles EVERYTHING, then the next game in the series actually has to be NEW. And if it sucks...well, you can always go back and play Neowave 2, which will be the "best of the old games."

I realize I'm a minority on the recycled thing, and that complaining about old sprites is perfectly reasonable. I can see people saying "I've played this game before", too...and not enjoying SNK's unreasonable amount of recycling. You have to draw the line somewhere, but I think if they shoot big for Neowave 2, it would make a pretty nice line.

Toxico
4227th Post

"Re(8):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 13:28post reply

quote:
Hmmm...I liked Neowave and NGBC...so I'd be happy with a sequel to either.

While I have a certain level of respect for NGBC and I can say that's it's just more than most people would like to admit, I also think that NeoWave is by far the lesser of Playmore's Ip's atomiswave ports; once accepting that the game would have and WILL have been 100% old + geese howard, having accepted this there are many things that they could and should have done, but where left unscratched; examples.

- Slow downs, KoF 2002 had a certain level of slow downs that from time to time became bothersome (like you jumping a fireball with hyper jump and the machine slowing down; the fireball character can easily calculate the uppercut due to the slight slow down); while I thought to myself, 'meh, it's the same without the slow down'; it came as a really sad thing that slow down wasn't erased in kof NW, it was obscenely increased , in that aspect the game would have been better in MvS with 2D backgrounds.

- New characters, most of the people where interested with the possibility of controlling old favourites in a 2002 interface; most of the characters that where brought back ended up fairly over powered; sayshu and jhun have something like 20% more stamina / life points than the rest of the cast (even the strong stamina ones); and King and Shingo where overall faster and bothersome, they took strong characters and thinking that they might end up weak, they pumped it out even further.

- Tier problems, some tiers where incredibly, stupidly and moronicly though in 2002, the examples that reached out my mind are Billy Kane, Kim Kaphwan and Choi Bounge; said trio wasn't properly powered down in NW, meaning that if a moron had an incredible and stupidly huge advantage for choosing Billy & Chris in 02', that stupidly and moronicly big advantage was still present in NW, and some hard to win characters didn't munster a proper upgrade; while KoF has universal tiers problems and one must suck it it up instead of whinning, this game was supposed to be a 0% new for a 100% balance thing.

- Layout, even though it's clear that stages and the game itself was supposed to end up as it did; it wouldn't have hurt some random character art at the end of the game or at certain points; something to give a certain feeling of "I finished the game" or "They did include something".

/ end of tax collector mode.

See??? He is a God...

Evenor
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 13:49post reply

I agree with Polly. I wouldn't mind NW2 if it's intended to be what the first NW should have been, a HUGE dream-match.

I need my Hinako vs Shermie/Brain Battler action!

シュガーフォークフル

kofoguz
391th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 16:47post reply

quote:
I need my Hinako vs Shermie/Brain Battler action!

Well I need that, too.

NARUTO
3442th Post

"Re(4):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 17:22post reply

quote:

Well the rumor that you can find all around did says that this Nw2 would be based on KOF 98, that would avoid SNKP to make 2 different games, KOF98RE and NW2 would be one and same game.

On the other hand some people did says that the rumor is wrong and that SNKP is indeed making "something 2" but they didn't know if it's KOF NW or Negibako 2... at last some even that that Kaoru would have make an error saysing KOF Neowave at the place of KOF Twelve, which can sound similar with the japanese accent.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
2519th Post

"Re(6):KOF neowave 2 ??" , posted Tue 13 Jun 22:28post reply

quote:

I drive cross country somewhat more frequently than I would like to. I stop in a lot of strange gas stations in the central strip of the United States. You would probably be shocked at the amount of truck/gas stops that have a KOF NeoWave cabinet right next to Big Hunter, or some UFO/Claw game.

The silent majority of KoF fans in the US are truckers? I honestly didn't know that.